The Bionicle Group 241 members · 63 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

The moon was almost at its apex when at last he saw them, six shooting stars appearing on the southern horizon racing towards the island, two arced low, one coming to rest in the ocean just south of Kenae Bay, the other diverged to the east, touching down on the coastal waters of Ta-Koro. As for the other four, they raced overhead and over the peak of the Mangai Volcano, disappearing out of his sight. His brothers and sister would have seen where they landed, of this he was certain.

Vakama almost turned to make the long walk back down the mountain were it not for two odd flashes of light catching his eye at two very different points of the island within his field of view.

To the east, not far from Ta-Koro, and not far from where one of the stars had touched down in the coastal waters, he saw a shimmering blue light that looked for all the world like a star had been plucked from the sky and placed on the ground. Turning his gaze back south-west he saw another light, this one the colour of a vibrant rose, shimmering on the coast of Kenae bay itself, not far from where the other falling star had touched down.

both lights seemed to burn bright for some tens seconds, then as suddenly as they appeared, they faded away into nothing. Vakama couldn't help but raise an eyebrow, the prophecies had made no mention of anything more than the six arriving to their island...but it was of no matter, The Great Spirit worked in mysterious ways, and who was he to question Mata Nui's judgement if he saw fit to send a few more. With his mind made up on the matter, he silently turned and began the long trek back down to Ta-Koro, there would be preparations to make and guests to entertain.

just a little something I'm in the process of writing, the concept is simple: what if the Mane Six were transported to the island of Mata Nui alongside the Toa? assisting them and having just as much of role to play in their quest for the masks, defeating the rahi, and fighting the shadows of the Makuta.

the plan is to have the mane six as a pivotal part of the Bionicle storyline from the beginning to its end, in time being joined by a select few others from their world. if you've read JDPrime22's MCU crossover series, then it follows a very similar core premise to that; drop the ponies into the unfolding events and see how they would cope. no special doohickys, no receiving Bionicle elements or mask powers or the like, just the mane six (and others) as they are.

I've been around long enough to have read several older attempts some people had made for an idea like this, a vast majority of which never made it further than just a few chapters. If you're really interested in this concept, I'll be very pleased to see if you even make it past the first year of the Bionicle storyline, and will be certainly impressed if you really do go much further than that.

Considering that by now we have not only the complete Bionicle story to reflect on but also the entire My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic series as well, I'd like to make a little suggestion on how you could significantly differentiate your story from all those earlier ones that hardly went anywhere, especially if you really do intend to cover the entire ten-year span of the Bionicle storyline. To put it simply, I would like to see not only the Toa Mata/Nuva be accompanied by the Main Six, but also the Toa Metru/Hordika accompanied by the Pillars, and the Toa Inika/Mahri accompanied by the Young/Student Six. I'm not sure if that's something you're already planning, but it's definitely something I'd like to see eventually.

Personally, I've been thinking about writing my own attempt at an MLP/Bionicle crossover, but I probably won't get around to it for at least a few years, as I'm still working through my Lego Equestria Girls fanfic series.

I certainly hope I can at least get the first year done, thankfully due to biomedia project having all of the storyline, from comics to the novels themselves, hosted online for free, I have a very solid foundation to work off of. so it saves me a lot of work with the overarching storyline.

you read my mind with the idea for different groups for different Toa teams. Especially with the idea for the Metru and Pillars, though I'm not sure about having the young six be the ones to join the Inika/Marhi when you consider just what that team actually goes through. Personally I was thinking Celestia, Luna, Cadance, Shining Armour, Ember, and Thorax, since I'd rather them not be utterly curb-stomped by the piraka, and again by the barraki.

I also have an idea for the "to where and back again" group sans-thorax (maybe pharynx instead?) tagging along for the federation of fear, although an alternative line-up could involve Tempest and a few other reformed villains, it quite far off at this stage so I'm always open to suggestions.

as an aside it's only just now struck me that despite being the better part of 7 feet tall Takadox is utterly dwarfed by Brutaka and Roodaka

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4