Reviewers Willing to Review your Fics 67 members · 190 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
Riptid3
Group Admin

Alright. Let's get this party started.

An Equestrian Journey by Aslfrasle

Feather Book:
I’ll admit that I’ve never played the game Journey. I know absolutely nothing about it, although I am more than aware of the number of awards it has won. Once again Aslfrasle manages to write an interesting crossover with a world I know nothing about. As the main character, who I only presume is Twilight, doesn’t speak he does a great job at crafting the world only with words and descriptions.

The only flaw I can think of is that it seems to have nothing to do with FIM other than the characters being ponies. We don’t even know who the main character is other that they are a purple unicorn (Twilight I’m guessing). This simple makes it feel like that the story is nothing more than a rewrite of the game only with ponies instead of humans (or whatever they are in the game).

Good points:
- Well written
- Interesting story

Bad Points:
- Doesn’t feel like it is related to FIM other than the odd reference to horns and hoofs.
Overall Score: 7/10

RIPTID3:
Alright, I'll admit, I've NEVER heard of Journey and nor have I even SEEN it anywhere before. And being a diehard gamer, this is embarrassing to suddenly read about a game who has won so many awards yet remained unnoticed from me.

But same as Feather Book, it really doesn't have any reference of some sort towards ponies, other than the name, horns and hooves and that's almost it. The beginning wasn't exactly the best of all time, but well I've seen worse. Grammar is close to perfection, I caught a couple of past/present tense mishaps here and there but all in all, not too much to hurt the quality of the fic.

Good Points
-Good grammar

Bad Points
- Minor grammar mistakes.

Tip: Not much advice here, but you've got the grammar and the English down, but use those skills in an original plot and we could see a HUGE difference.

Overall score: 5.5/10

Ponyville In A "Jam" by Polygrammar

Feather Book:
Despite Doctor Who being one of my all-time favorite franchises I’ve never actually read a Doctor Whooves story before. This however is a great first one. It is hilarious in all the right places and its story is intriguing. Polygrammar’s portrayal of the Doctor and Ditzy (I’ll get onto that in a sec) is spot on in my mind.

Yes, he does call Derpy, Ditzy, I know it will annoy some, but truthfully I like the name Ditzy Doo more.

So to sum up this rather short review, this story is witty, clever, entertaining and if you are a fan of comedies or Doctor Who, it is absolutely worth a look.

Good points:
- Great characters
- Fun plot
- Very funny

Bad Points:
- A few minor grammar errors

Overall Score: 8/10

RIPTID3:

Confession time.

I've never heard of Doctor Who. Nor have I seen him.

Don't kill me.

But in all seriousness, this fic managed to grab me in and has had me howling with laughter throughout most of the read, although I know not of the Doctor, this fic has encouraged me to try an episode or two.

That is if I can find it.

Good Points
- Funny
- Well written
- Detailed
- Portrayal of characters is almost spot on

Bad Points
- I don't see any. Aside from a mistake in grammar here and there.

Tip: Give chapters a once over when you're done writing. Because no matter how hard you try, there's bound to be a typo or two that you missed.

Overall Score: 9/10 Alongside a RIPTID3 badass seal of approval!

I need my own seal of approval.

Lil Fabio - Hearts and Hooves Day

Feather Book:
This isn’t Aslfrasle’s best work. I’ll admit that from the start. The opening chapters didn’t draw me in as much as his other stories but it was enough to keep me interested. The story idea is cute although I did feel that the OC is under developed as a character. This also leads to my belief that this story has quite a bit of waited potential. My biggest criticism with it is that the big climax felt rushed and it ended abruptly in a way that made sense but was drowning in Deus ex, and not the good kind either.

Overall this is not a must read, but if you are interested in something short and cute to pass your time then it won’t hurt to give it a shot.

Good points:
- Interesting idea
- Well written

Bad Points:
- Ending was underwhelming
- OC felt under developed

Overall Score: 5/10

RIPTID3:

Now this is the first ever fic to ever grab my attention in literally the first paragraph.

But then again the first paragraph is pretty long.

And also I hate it when younger boys are chasing girls older than them. Why? I dunno.

But that aside, the plot was interesting, but punctuation mistakes send a crushing blow to the quality. It's interesting, but trying to look past the mistakes was painful. I'm sorry, I really am, but you might want to pass your work over to some proofreaders once in a while.

Good Points
-Strong start keeps readers interested
-Kind of original plot, never seen anything like it before I think.

Bad Points
-Grammar Mistakes
-Punctuation is thrown out the window here.

Tip: Proofreaders. Go look for 'em. Like, Pronto.

Overall Score: 4.7/10

Alright, that's that. Anyways, remember, if your fic has over 30 likes, it is not eligible to be interviewed.

Feather Book
Group Admin

779825 How can anyone have never heard of Doctor Who! :pinkiegasp:

Thanks for the reviews, I'll try to work on those as I update them more. I was wondering though if you could take a look a some story ideas I've got and tell me what you think. After 'An Equestrian Journey', there are about 8-10 ideas I've got for stories, and I was hoping you guys could help me whittle that list down to the gems so that I could work on those first. Here are the lists if you are interested...

Story Ideas
Another New Story Idea

:fluttercry: .....my day...has just gotten infinitely better...
I wish I had a TARDIS so I could go back and relive this moment a thousand times over. Even if going back into ones own timeline is on the Doctor's "No No" list!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4