Filly 5 370 members · 1,028 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10
TheMasterofDespair
Group Admin

Greetings my fellow Bronies and Diamond Cutters.

What do you think of the Filly 5, also do you have any suggestions that could improve upon this group?
Thank you.

What I think: Pretty vacant.

More active author participation for one :P

What I think could help? More prompts. Little 1k word challenges. Give a theme of the month/week thing as well on the side.

I for one would like to see a story of how Silver Spoon met DT and why she admires her so much. I think the only other who wrote any story similar to an origin story for SS was a tragedy that was left pretty open ended. It was actually by Norsepony too. I mean Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara are clearly popular ponies. But how was it before they gained that fame and became friends?

AB knew DT long before the girls got cutie marks and she met up with Scoots and Sweetie. And those last two have been pretty close. Well, Scoots and Sweetie Belle were always in cheerilee's class since the very first CMC episode :p (pause the episode, you'll see Sweetie in an odd recolor that has ONE scene where she is her proper normal color scheme. Scoots is the Archer pony up front. Guess the animators still weren't sure where they were going with that.)

So, if anything. A "How They Began" story could be a great theme of the month/week challenge for authors. But, honestly I think the fact this group is based on a shipping chart might be putting off potential authors me thinks. I could be wrong but they could just see it that way. Maybe submit the group to Wanderer D for promotion along with the main group you already got for DT.

In any case, we just need more active and interested parties to post ideas and suggestions at the very least.

But, honestly I think the fact this group is based on a shipping chart might be putting off potential authors me thinks.

It's not. :) TheMasterofDespair came up with this concept months ago, but I didn't really take interest until I saw the pattern in the shipping chart.

There's a shipping chart?

I love the group, but I agree we need more author participation. If we keep putting up new and interesting ideas, people will eventually notice us.

That's pretty interesting, actually. If I do a quick really bad recolor of the recolors, the classroom looks like this.

Combine that with the screenshot of Twist walking right with Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara, and it makes me wonder what role she was supposed to have in the whole dynamic there. It almost makes me think:

Silver Spoon <-> Scootaloo
Twist <-> Apple Bloom
Diamond Tiara <-> Sweetie Belle

Hmm, now I'm going to spend a bunch of time looking for correspondences that aren't there. :twilightblush:

973115 No need for a recolor ;3

And just before that scene (just before Twist began answering the teacher) you could see Sweetie Belle's normal intended mane coloring. Just early days bad communication or trying to promote some toy I guess. Below is the scene from 1:15 mins into the call of the cutie episode.

Yes, that is a great dynamic there. From what little we do know of Twist though she seemed to have been a well grounded character that wasn't into popularity or in a rush to get her cutie mark. She seemed like the down to earth nerdy girl. I'd post another pic but first something most people probably don't know.

DINKY is a part of the original foals in the class too! (1:58 mins. in)

It is pretty interesting to see how pre-fanon, Dinky really did attend the same class as the CMC. Except she has Scootaloo's cutie mark :p

The other one I wanted to share was DT's attention to learning. Whatever Twist was supposed to play in the original, it was clear she was just too smart for her own good. She had common sense, and you can't have that if you're going to have crazy gags about doing crazy stuff to get your cutie mark!
[EDIT: Had a ctrl+z fail. Fixed now.]

And just because this shows her and SS enjoying themselves and making new friends. "I like the red one." Immediately the little pegasus probably went 'Oh hey! mines has lots of red on it, I'll give Daimond my Hearts and Hooves card!' and seeing DT's surprised/taken aback expression with SS looking so happy there is pretty adorable.

Things like this is what I think would be a great, fantastic project for Filly 5. Possibly branching with other supporting characters. So much to these girls as a whole, and just how they all interact or lack there of with each other, is pretty intriguing. You know, before the run away gags and typecasting just ran rampant in the series once s3 started. So much more to just getting cutie marks and bullies being bullies.

I've ranted and derailed enough. But yes, getting back on topic, you have the right idea that's for sure!

Now if we can all find a way to compile all these tidbits and ideas and post them in a place authors can peek in for ideas and inspiration, it'd be all the more sweeter - in case a group wanted to get together and do a massive collaboration/create a Filly Verse so to speak detailing the lives of the girls during all those crazy times the mane 6 were doing stuff.

So much potential just sitting there. So sad.

971243 My mistake, I only ever noticed it off EQD posting, so I just figured.. My bad~ :derpyderp1:

L4

A group isn't complete until you put some fanfictions and we have less than ten despite the fact we already have good top rating stories.

The camping trip that consist of all the five fillies.

>.> I'll go and search for those fics. and add them to our group.

Update: Most of you must of already read them but I bet new members will enjoy it.

Oh, I did the recolor more to get Scootaloo than Sweetie Belle. I'd seen the shot you mentioned.

When I mentioned Twist, Diamond Tiara, and Silver Spoon, I was thinking of this, btw:

I've posted it two other places previously, so I might as well post it in a third. And here's a better shot of Dinky in Call of the Cutie right after class finished:

And for reference, I may very well add my fic Cubic Zirconia to the group at some point. I'm just holding off till Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, and Apple Bloom get more screen time than the initial setup, and given that Apple Bloom is in the hospital, that might be a few chapters. It is primarily entirely about Diamond Tiara, but all the other members of the filly 5 have supporting roles, and I have a minor role for Twist in mind.

Comment posted by L4 deleted May 11th, 2013
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10