Ponky Legacy Group 199 members · 9 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

Personally, I was hoping this group, now that our wonderful Ponky has returned, would not have to see use anymore.

Unfortunately, due to recent circumstances, that seems like it might not be the case.

Now, I don't know if I'm overstepping boundaries or not, but I'm pretty worried and perplexed by this. This is PONKY of all people—the guy who made an 11 minute long heartfelt video the last time he left. Even though he's expressed a subdued interest in ponies, he's mentioned many times that he still wants to contribute and be a part of the fandom for quite some time.

One of those vague "so long" blogs isn't his style.

At first, I thought it was gonna be a little teaser of something (and it still could be—I'm hoping for that), but he's been gone for almost four days. It's concerning.

Anyway, if anyone had ANY sort of info, it'd be greatly appreciated. We all know Ponky to be one of the greatest fandom personalities and contributors (why else would you be in this group, after all), so it'd just be nice to have a little bit of information.

And you've been a confidant of his and he asked you not to mention details, I for one would like to at least KNOW that there are people who have an idea of what's going on so that we're not as much in the dark as we are now. It's the mystery that's killing us.

Damn, I didn't notice this. The feed got buried under a whole bunch of them. D:

Now I'm worried. D:

It could be a social experiment to see how we'd react. He's done it before. That's what I'm hoping at least.

Here's a theory.

During Italy:
- He changed.
- The fandom didn't.
He thought he'd be able to pick up where he left off, but found himself not nearly as enthusiastic about the fandom as he used to be. Queue frustration and disappointment as he fails to deliver to the extent he thought he would. Negative spiral, and it just becomes too much, and so he leaves.

Pessimistic, yes, and I'm probably overstepping a boundary or twenty. I do hope I'm wrong, though, because this wouldn't speak well for the chances of him returning.

Either way, I wish him nothing but the very best.

I actually asked him about it, and Spectral's not far off. He's been dropping little hints about struggling to stay as interested as he was before since he got back, and he just decided to stop trying. He'll keep following the show, and he does wish he could rekindle that old enthusiasm, but a mission will do these things for you. It did for me. My active interests are completely different now than they were before my mission.

So he really did leave then. I want to say it is sad, but if he left for the reasons you mentioned, then I can completely understand why he feels that way. I will definitely miss him, but I cannot bring myself to say it is sad. If he leaves like that, then it's because he is doing it to try and be happy again. I wish him well.

It is basically this. I won't reveal more, his reasons are his own, but this is basically on the nose.

Thank you for explaining. I only hope he doesn't feel like he owes the Wonderfolk anything.

And in the off-chance Ponky sees this:
Fairfarren, Ponky, and thank you.

Man, i was starting to worry as well. Im glad i read the comments. I hope he continues his pursuit and eventually finds his happiness. :heart:

Thank you for making this post, Regidar. I, like all of us Wonderfolk, have been worried (and messaged him) about it. And thank you, 4453290, for explaining. While I can't pretend to understand such an extreme and emotional change of interests about a fandom based around a TV show, and the drastic actions that proceed, I certainly respect it – even if it breaks my heart. I just wish he had – I don't know – I don't want to say 'be clearer about it', since it's his life, but – well, while I wasn't ever a particularly close friend if his, I definitely spent a good deal of time talking with him during my time as his editor, and I consider him a friend; and it pains me a bit that he couldn't take a moment to reassure someone who cares about him.

I hesitate to say that I hope he 'gets over it', since this may be a good thing for his life, but I do hope this doesn't end or hurt any friendships he has made via the brony fandom – even if mine is already gone.

Hi Ponky Fans!

I recorded (most) of the fanfiction panel Ponky was on at Crystal Mountain Pony Con. You can watch it here.

I talked to Ponky afterwards and he confirmed that the "ciao" blog post really does mean he's leaving permanently :(

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11