Equestria Divided 705 members · 52 stories
Comments ( 141 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 141

Name: Teke the Gentle

Species: Saddle Arabian

Appearance: Tall and lithe,Teke is closer to an actual horse in appearance than the ponies of Equestria, he has a soft yellow coat with white around his hooves, and a creamy brown mane and tail. He wears a lavish bridle of subdued blues and reds, and a matching robe falls around his slender body. Keeping everything in place are several belts of silver and platinum chains, occasionally accented with a ruby or sapphire. His eyes are a very deep maroon, and are covered with a veil of red silk.

Personality: As per his title, Teke is gentle. He treats his people with care and respect, and all respect him for it, even their Sultan. He takes the protection and preservation of his people very seriously, and despite his name and title, will stop at nothing to ensure their safety and comfort.

Back-story of your character: Teke was born into a family that has long been in the High Courts of Neigh-adh. He was given everything one could ever dream of, top notch education, tutelage in many fields of tactics and other subjects, and as much material wealth as he could ask for.

When he had first heard about the war in Equestria, Teke had gone straight to Sultan Hoofneyid. The Sultan was acting with caution, shutting down the borders and only trading with overseas nations. He immediately appointed Teke as the Grand Vizier and personal Tactician to the Sultan, due to his extensive education on the subject. His new position only brought more wealth to his family, and made his parents-and three younger sisters-very happy. It is with great honor that he goes on this venture into the Goats’ homelands to attend the Summit.

Back-story of your race: A small but ancient nation, Saddle Arabia was founded by explorers who had come across the ocean to find new lands. One of the first civilized nations on the continent, they immediately set out to make alliances with any natives of the land. They brought many technologies to the land that the nomadic tribes of zebras had never imagined- and they taught the zebras these technologies, asking only to be taught in return. Eventually, both the zebras and the colonists were privy to everything, and their roles in the relationship began to change. The natives were now able to make permanent settlements due to farming and gifts of tools to build better structures, in return they traded potions and magical fetishes with the Saddle Arabians.

The small colony thrived, and became a city-state, forming an official navy and joint military with the zebras. The navy grew strong and drove away the coastal corsairs that used to terrorize the local tribes. The relationship between the tribes and clans of the Zebran Desert and the City-State of Saddle Arabia grew even stronger, so far as to found more cities, where both races were welcome to live in harmony, and so the city-state became a nation.

When the Celestial Sisters first disappeared, the zebras graciously separated themselves from Saddle Arabia, choosing instead to live as their previous clans while still keeping a trade alliance going. The clans then joined the House Everfree, and the Sultan became worried. They had started to act strange, so he shut down any ties that remained with the zebras, choosing no side over an old friend. Trade routes sprouted up once more with their homeland, and the nation became isolated on their continent.

As the zebras continued to grow stranger, Sultan Hoofneyid decreed his stance would no longer be defensive, and that the houses of Equestria needed purging. Since they could no longer count on the southern zebras, a new alliance must be formed at the brink of war. The goat’s invitation to the Summit was a blessing, and came just in time. Instead of the siege mission that was being prepared to launch on Equestria’s southern border, a diplomatic caravan was sent to land Goat city of Tanngrisner.

Prejudices (Houses/Races): The Saddle Arabians have very little info on the other races in the Summit, except zebras and gryphons, whom they have no quarrel with. They have in fact been in a state of mutual gain with the zebras for a long time now.

As for the houses of Equestria, there is very little about them that impresses the Saddle Arabians. It was twenty years ago that the last diplomatic trip to Equestria took place, and none of the houses have even showed a slight interest in making friends with their small-but powerful-nation.

Other (Anything that doesn’t fall into the previous topics): Not much to put here, except that, he can fight though he prefers to use his opponent's power rather than his own meager store of strength.

Comment posted by Siegfried deleted Sep 25th, 2013

Urgh, been away too long, too many responses to give.

I digress, lets start this.

Like the part on the Changeling race itself. It seems too much like a stock explanation.

It didn't seem personalized enough. I don't mind it being that short, I'd just prefer more.

I'd like the missing parts before I decide to accept or deny it. They're pretty vital to its acceptance.

Just give me a notification somewhere, and I'll read the missing parts.

It's okay so far.

10) Alpaca's are scary when they run at you/chase you. Their heads stay still with their eyes locked on you.

I know this from experience.

Seems fine enough. Accepted in.

You're not too late, mate. Your character itself is fine, but I have a problem with the backstory of your race.

Admittedly, it isn't finished, but a Zony is a mix between Pony and Zebra, which is perfectly fine.

If your description goes the way I think it's going, the Zony's would be too few in number to be part of an established race. They would either try to fit into Zebra society or fit into pony society. Much like Half-Elves in D&D.

I need an explanation that justifies a whole race.

I can't find anything to fault. Accepted.

I find this very hard to read, no offense. The appearance section has way too many grammar mistakes.

What I can read of the background is overdone to hell - I know I said I would appreciate a flourished background, but you've taken it a few steps further than that.

Like you've made up two dark ages for the fanon before the sisters actually disappeared. I know I wanted a divergence for a fanon, but that's going a slight bit too far.

Equestria Divided still takes up aspects of the canon show. There isn't much war or strife before then.

Name: Captain Duffy

Species: Donkey

Appearance: A donkey still in the early prime of his life, Duffy has a rich brown coat and stands slightly taller then the standard pony. For official duties both on and off the field he dons what appears to be a pretty standard donkey military uniform, combined with saddlebags and prior medals for bravery in the field.

Unlike most uniforms, Duffy's has a red cross shown into his, marking him as a member of the medical branch of the military.

Personality: Duffy is one of the nicest, calm headed creatures one could ever meet. He is also reported to maintain his high spirits even during the most chaotic and dangerous of occasions and thus inspiring others, a fact confirmed by him whistling or singing songs while calming walking in the middle of battlefields collecting wounded, despite the bullets and shrapnel flying all around him at the time.

Only a small number of females know if the rumors of Duffy having giant, brass balls for being able to do such things on the battlefield are true or not. They're keeping it to themselves.

Back-story of your character: No record of Duffy exists prior to his enlistment in the DPMAC (Donkey, Pony and Mule Army Corps) on the first day that the army center opened it's doors due to being pulled into a war with the Gray Wolves of Gilopllioli because of it's allegiances to other world powers. This wasn't that strange at the time, since plenty of donkeys had reasons to join up without using their real names, the primary of which was to lie about their true age.

Being judged as a stallion of great physical strength, Duffy was given the task of recovering the injured from the field of battle. It was also during this time that Duffy met Simpson, a mule who was also given the task of ferrying the injured off the field. The two would become the best of friends and both would later be considered two of the greatest heroes the DPMAC had ever seen.

During the first three weeks of warfare on the beaches and mountains of Gilopllioli, Duffy and Simpson were reported to have saved over three hundred lives between them. They're ability to actively walk out in the open despite shrapnel, bullets and sniper fire raining down around them while both being in such high spirits as to whistle or sing cheerful songs was an inspiration to those mules and donkeys who witnessed them.

One month after the fighting began, Simpson was hit while carrying out his duties. While he was aware that his friend wasn't going to make it back to camp, Duffy not only carried him but the two stallions Simpson had been carrying when the bullet hit him back to safety.

Despite the tragic death of his friend, Duffy quickly returned to the field of battle to carry on the task that they had both shared. Because of his heroics, Duffy was promoted to Captain once the war ended.

Having been selected to help represent the DPMAC at the Summit, Duffy plans to live up to the responsibilities granted to him.

Back-story of New Equstralia:

While Donkeys have always had close relations to pony kind, it wasn't until the joint colonization of a far off, southern land that had been labeled as 'No Pony's Land' until then that they bypassed social norms and the first Mules came into existence. Far away from their mother country the Donkeys, Ponies and increasing number of Mules formed their own democratic government and achieved Federation thirty years prior to the dividing of Equestria.

The DPMAC's were formed shortly after New Equstralia was settled. While there were various native species to their new country that more often then not had tribal cultures that ranged back to the dawn of pony kind if not longer such as the Kangaroo tribes (After a number of decades, tensions between the colonists and the native tribes have lowered to a degree and while they remain firmly apart, seeing a Kangaroo or Platypus making their way down the street is slowly becoming a more common sight in pony towns and cities) this was not always a good thing.

Among the tribes that the colonists discovered was that of the Dingo Dogs, a species of Diamond Dogs that were physically smaller in exchange for being much smarter then their distant cousins. After a number of 'incidents' in which ponies and donkeys were robbed, beaten, foal-napped, threatened and in some cases murdered by Dingo Dogs, the government of New Equstralia formed a military force to deal with the issue by force.

Thanks to the assistance and training of the terrain and how to fight in it by friendly tribes of Kangaroo's and Platypus's who had been dealing with this crap for as long as anyone could remember, the DPMAC's greater numbers, weapons and tactics secured them a number of quick, overwhelming victories of the Dingo's. On the verge of losing, the Dingo Dogs in their desperation turned to their somewhat closer cousins the Grey Wolves of Gilopllioli for aid and shelter. Taking advantage of new found connections to Equestria thanks to the fall of harmony and the rise of House Whitegold, the Grey Wolves secured new heavy weapons and armor, which they would put to use in aid of their allied dog pack.

Five years before the summit was called, the nation of New Equstralia went to war with the Grey Wolves of Gilopllioli due to alliances with third parties. The war between them lasted several years and resulted in a casualties for both sides, however both sides gained a respect for the other and the relatively newly formed New Equstralia earned a place on the international stage for being natural solders.

Prejudices (Houses/Races):

Due to the relative youth of New Equstralia, as well as it's distance from many of the factions, it refreshingly lacks most of the grudges that other races hold for each other.

While the ponies, donkeys and mules of New Equstralia are prepared to work something out with whatever faction wins the war in Equestria, they are making plans to ensure that neither House Moon and Star or the Cult of Laughter are the last house left standing.

Other (Anything that doesn’t fall into the previous topics):
New Equstralia is a democracy at it's core. It has a House of Representatives made up of Donkeys, Ponies, Mules and even the odd native species from every town and city in their territory (It's lower government) and a higher council made up of twelve elected representatives that make up the Senate (Higher government) The House of Reps propose, debate and rewrite laws that once it is acceptable enough to the majority will be presented to the Senate, who will debate, rewrite and accept or reject new laws as needed.

Until the royal sisters vanished without a trace, New Equstralia also had a representative of the royal sisters who would overlook laws that were to be passed and send the final draft to Celestia and Luna, who would read over it and offer advice for improving it or offer reasons why it was a bad idea. While New Equstralia didn't officially recognize the Royal Sisters Princess Celestia and Princess Luna as Goddesses (viewing them as such is the legal right of the individual pony and not the governments place to interfere) they did recognize them as wise, experienced rulers who had lead Equestria through over a thousand years of peace and thus highly respected their advice. New Equstralia considered itself part of the Equestrain Commonwealth until the Sisters vanished and Harmony fell apart in the motherland.

OK I expanded it a bit. Let me know what you think

I'm plesantly surpirsed that I got away with calling the unchallanged leader of my race Administrator, or Admin for short. And that I can name her after Rudolf's girlfriend.

[oh my =3 I've just joined this group of course, but this sounds awesome ^.^ I may have a few questions, but unfortunately my time just bottomed out suddenly so I'll have to ask them later when I get back ^.^]

You have just made an enemy in Trixie. :trixieshiftleft:

1831307 Dear me, whatever did I do? It's not like I pranced around her singing "Twight sparkle is beetteeer" :twilightblush:

1831546 Has no bloody idea what he did... but isn't angry because everyone knows trixie gets insulted easily ^.^ [seriously though, what'd I do? XD]

Esteem_punk
Group Contributor

Please don't mind our resident Head of Inquisition.

No blood on the carpet, please.

You don't have to do something for me to hate you. It's just who I is, and how I was drawn.

Oh fine. But I'm not making any deals about the wood paneling.

1831716 ahh, I see, more of the 'adorable' angry zealot, heheh, She'll be fun ^.^ Too bad nobody ever allows alicorns XD I'd just love to see the look one Twilight or Trixie's face when one appears XD hahah!

Esteem_punk
Group Contributor

We can steam clean the wood paneling. As you were.

1831901 *Makes personal note to always stay on the carpet ^u^ even.... weeaaar the carpet.*

Well, looks like the RP is dead. GG.

*casually reads through the intro post*

T-minus a week until I post the RP thread if this gets enough interest.

*looks at the date*

3 days, 21 hours ago

Damnscroll gave a number of dates that his RP would start too.

I'm going to claim the RP is dead anytime that something doesn't happen for 15 hours. That way there is a more likely chance that it actually will start, because you will want me to just shut up about it.

And you wonder why some people hate you... :facehoof:

Not really... I state quite often that I am evil, and I love it. Could you imagine a world without evil and bad like me? Thins would be so dull, so undeserved, and nothing would get done because everyone that is left is just too damn happy.

Seeing as evil is something every human is capable of, and I am a human and have only ever known a world with humans. It is outside of my ability to imagine a world without human interference.

This is what the world would come to without ponies like me.

Speaking from a purely philosophical point of view, evil must exist so that good may prevail. Newton's laws of motion state that For each action, there must be an equal and opposite REaction. The concept of a moral background behind it fits quite well.

Other than that, you smell. Just because people have jobs and school shite to deal with, don't mean that things are dead.

Personally, I finished 5 hours of mind-numbingly boring lectures today. I find that an achievement.

What have you accomplished today?

Lets see... Well first I had some toast, after turning bread into toast that is. Then I spent about twenty minutes picking out what to ware for school, deciding on the hat and cape I always ware. from there I spent a good amount of time at school, then I went home and posted a comment that should have been taken as a joke then you replied to that comment in what I thought was a joking manner, so I gave a trolly remark in return, then I think Kap said something irritating, so I said something irritating, then he said something philosophical, so to delude that I referred to the third generation. Then you ask a question about what I did so I made another poorly thought out joke in form of a run-on sentence, but I left a real joke at the end to clear any awkward air.

It sounds so dull when I write it out like that... :ajsleepy:

I think Kap said something irritating, so I said something irritating,

That in itself is a great achievement.

And as a wise man once said: "I can do this!.. hold my beer."

Returning to the original point, I'm aware that things are slow at the moment. I promise you that I'll get the thread up to RP around on Monday, even if I don't play myself. Please be patient until then.

Monday... Monday is three days away... but Sunday is two days away...

... :pinkiegasp: SUNDAY IS TWO DAYS AWAY! :pinkiehappy: Gelly! Do you know what Sunday is!?

Evil also exists so Order does not overpower Chaos, as if one is stronger or more prevalent than the other, the Balance is disturbed and the Good that once exhibited control and order, becomes a parody of it's former self, hence why no Empire lasts forever no matter what morals or laws it was founded on. Light cannot exist if it doesn't have a shadow (don't quote me on it, trying to be philosophical:twilightblush:), however when it comes to the concept of Good and Evil, everything is subjective and one's actions appear different from a matter of perspective.

Simply because one method of thinking or background is different than the other, doesn't inherently make it Evil, rather, it's how one perceives the world around them is how one differentiates between Good and Evil.

As for the RP business, I've got no problem with waiting Captain!

How dare you remind me of what a disappointment those movies were. :twilightangry2:

No, something of actual relavance is on Sunday. IT'S THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TIRIXIE'S BRITHDAY!
I've invited all my friends, that's right all four. Flim and Falm said that they already had plans to watch the Breaking Bad season finally, and so did Sunset, and Gilda has gotten back to me but I'm sure she'll come. So you know what that means? I'm actually going to have a friend over for my birthday for once! :yay: Yay!

Light cannot exist if it doesn't have a shadow

Shadows can't exist without light.

You wrote it opposite :derpytongue2:

Just to bat for the other team for a second..

There is no good and evil, its only a mere artificial conception in order to build the groundwork of society. The groundwork set by law and order.

People all have different views, perspectives, feelings and tastes. When you ask a certain question which does not necessarily have one answer, the answer will vary between people. Its simple as that, some people may find some solution on the concept of "Evil"; but if society is tells us anything, it's that evil must exist.

The concept of right and wrong is based on morals and beliefs that you were taught as a child and throughout your whole life. It all depends on what life was like for you at an early age.

Most people will say abusing/murder is evil, but in some circumstances, it's tradition of Sacrifice. In our world we have 'law and punishment', but that is only a set of lines we must follow to become mindless slaves to corporations hellbent on gaining monetary capital.

There is no good or evil in this world. With more "Law, order and Punishment", all we get is less unique perspectives on answers to questions.

And one of things humans are best at, is questioning everything.

~A very bored, procrastinating University student doing a sociology-based degree.

Tirixe's? Not Trixie's?

Well, bid Tirixie a happy birthday for me.

The degree serves you well even if it isn't complete
Come on man, I've been up since 4, my brain is discombobulated!

1823385>>1816218
Apologies for getting to you both so late - you're both accepted now.

I blame the ponies - they drive me to distraction.

Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! :pinkiehappy:

1840532>>1840682

Thank you kindly Man Gell. It means a lot to me to be apart of your future, wonderful thread.

*Looks at Trixie.* Not bad. Not bad at all.

Here's my third attempt. Kudos to Tsunami and Kapachu for helping me along with writing it, I thank you for taking your time to edit and read over my character. I owe you one. :pinkiehappy:

Name: Lucien

Species: Bat-Pony, also known as 'Nocturne'.

Appearance:
His build is muscular though not so much as to be considered above average for a soldier. He has a dark grey coat and short midnight black mane and tail. On top of his head is a set of fur-tipped ears, a set of fangs jutting down from his upper jaw marks him as more than just a herbivore. Large webbed wings of a leathery material allows him flight as well as all other creatures belonging in the air. A pair of yellow eyes with slit pupils finally marks him as the nocturnal creature that he is.

He usually wears a set of leather Armour that does little to impair movement, a hood attached to the neck of the Armour allows him to cover his face if he feels it necessary. Whether to ward against bright light or to hide face is unknown. Might very well be both. A crescent moon with a sword crossing over it is attached to the front of his Armour, marking him as one of Luna’s faithful servants.

Last, but not least; his body is covered in scars from numerous battles, covering both his barrel chest and face. A single glance at his otherwise youthful face will show any that he is a hardened Pony. .

Personality:
A survivor; self-centered, cynical, and a little bit sarcastic. Little fazes him; after seeing the worst Ponies can do to one another. What he saw while wandering as a Refugee and serving as a Messenger and Courier caused him to have an unflattering opinion of Ponykind. He truly doesn't blame his brethren for fleeing to the Nocturn Refuges. His family were among those who chose to flee, and he misses them greatly.

He has quite the imagination, often trying to put his thoughts to paper, though he’s easily distracted, and, to be honest, isn't that talented of a writer. He can’t draw worth a damn-hell, even his stick figures look off somehow! He is, however, a decent storyteller, even if he makes up a few along as he goes.

He prefers solitude or the one other person over crowds. Some would say that he’s shy, and yes, he is, but that being said he’s still fairly intimidating even when he’s awkward thanks to his almost nightmarish appearance. He can talk in a group, but prefers the company of only a small number of ponies at a time.

There is, however, one thing that should be noted about him. He really, really doesn't like Unicorns. For many reasons where the predominant one is that, in his mind Magic leads to Power, Power leads to Dominance, Dominance leads to Abuse. Who can blame him? M&S aren't exactly the best representatives of the Unicorn Race.

He doesn't blame the other Bat Ponies for leaving him behind-he saw how horrible the situation got with his own eyes and views the act as being necessary. He doesn't know if his parents or if the others tried to look for him, but simply couldn't in the chaos.

He uses dexterity and speed in fights; a preference he gained from his old professions as a scavenger and a courier. He does not rely upon stealth or strength, and is no stranger to killing-in fact, it's quite casual to him. To the point where he's starting to wonder if he's a sociopath.

Back-story of your character:
Lucien was born to a family of Nocturne, and like most of his race, was born and raised a Nomad. Life as a member of a Nomadic Tribe of Outcasts wandering the world wasn't easy, particularly even more so when the only profession your parents’ ever had was that of a sell sword. One the glorious day that Luna returned, when he was just entering his teens and the Bat Ponies were accepted into her guard, he moved with his family into Canterlot or, well, Luna’s part of the palace to be more accurate. Due to this family being former Mercenaries they had very little to say to the common pony.

If one were to look at how Lucien often acts towards others, one would think that he had a distant relationship with his parents, but you’d be wrong to think so. He actually had a pretty good relationship with his family. He got along fine with them and his siblings, or rather as well as anyone with parents with a less than pleasant profession could. His family's situation improved for a time with the return of Luna, and they got to spend more time together than they had before.

Lucien’s separation from his family was not overly dramatic. His parents weren't killed or anything of the sort. He one day went hiking off into the Mountains surrounding Canterlot for no reason other than to sate his curiosity of what may lay among the tall peaks. Unfortunately, it was the day when Celestia and Luna disappeared from the world, the day the world lost its goddesses. When he returned all the Noctus, or Nocturn, were gone with no sign of where they had fled to. Lucien was alone. Upon his return to the capital, he was captured by some members of the royal guard and almost immediately questioned. What had happened to the sisters? Where were they? Why did the Noctus flee? He was, however, let go when it became evident that he knew nothing of what had happened or what was going on.

Lucien stayed at the palace for a month after the sisters had disappeared. Ponies acted much like they did before the disappearance, pretending that nothing had happened for the first few weeks, but they were merely delaying the downfall of society. He was thirteen years of age when the first of the political upheavals began and Twilight, together with the others, began to worry about the chaos that would follow. Lucien could not help but notice the similarities between the lands his tribe once wandered in and the state of Canterlot at that moment. It was almost chaotic. Then the infamous Canterlot riots began when a Guardsman beat down a Pegasus in irrational fear. The city was lit ablaze mere moments later.

During the riot, he packed saddlebags with food and essentials, taken only what was strictly needed and fled from the palace into the surrounding countryside and headed to Ponyville, wanting to continue through the Whitetail Woods. He was the so called ‘first wave’ of refugees fleeing the chaos in Canterlot which only got worse and worse as time passed. He never even reached the town, having been apprehended and arrested by the Woodswatch, an isolated settlement situated near the Whitetail Woods. .

By the time they let him leave a year later, Ponyville was gone, flooded by the newly formed Stormwing. Lucien had only reached the Golden Pines when he heard of the disaster. Already the Social Order had crumbled and broken down to nothing. The town of Golden Pines was isolated and nearly abandoned due to said isolation. They had little idea on just what the hell was going on in Equestria, and as such, the local Mayor Hick seized power and declared himself the ‘Acting President,’ or some other trumped up title. Lucien was forced out of the town with other ‘undesirables’ by a jumped up Police Force acting as the Hicks enforcers. When he was told that he had twenty four hours to leave the town, he had used the cover of night to scrape together what he could of food, bits and other essentials he knew were necessary if he was to survive on his own, and moved south into the Heartlands. It was safe to say that several of the richer ponies in Golden Pines would wonder why their purses were so light the coming morning.

For next three years of his life, he was a wandering refugee, a vagrant in the now chaotic and anarchic Heartlands moving with small groups of like-minded individuals. He heard little about what was going on in greater Equestria. All he truly cared about was finding food, water and shelter just to live another day. Unfortunately, the Heartlands were among the most chaotic and anarchic places in Equestria, infested with bandits and outlaws of all kinds. Now before you ask, Lucien had to stick to the countryside and wilderness, staying out of sight since any sort of settlements were dangerous. Only when it was a truly isolated town did he dare approach it.

Fillydelphia was a wretched hive ruled by the barbaric Anarchist ‘Black Guard’. Crossroads, the Fork, Whitetail Peak, Sunny Hills, and Riverwood were sadly taken over by Warlords who’d likely force him into slavery. It wasn't until he was sixteen- hiding in a trench near the Crossroads Village with a small group of other scavengers and refugees, when House Earthborn rolled in to crush the anarchists and restoring what they saw as order to Fillydelphia, and quickly moved north.

The ragtag bunch of bandits serving as the Crossroad’s ‘Militia’ were massacred with very few Earthborn Casualties and the local warlord was captured and executed. Lucien and the other Vagrants celebrated and welcomed the Earth Ponies as heroes. Almost immediately, things began to improve for both him and the vagrants, but the now liberated Serfs as well. When New Ponyville was established, Lucien was one of the first inhabitants of the town, and was a Earthborn patriot for quite a long time.

When news of what happened to Equestria outside of the Heartlands finally arrived, he was shocked. Sure; he heard things from shambled refugees and when he occasionally eavesdropped on travelers when they were nearby, but he couldn’t believe how Equestria had split apart. As soon as he turned Nineteen, he began searching for his fellow kind, asking travelers from other parts of Equestria, but still didn't hear a thing. Eventually; he once again packed his bags and moved away from New Ponyville and moved into Whitegold territory where he worked as a courier in Baltimare.

He delivered packages and letters, some jobs legal and others not so much. He asked around for word of the Bat Ponies but still didn't hear a damn thing. They seemed to have disappeared completely. He also searched for traces of them in Manehattan but despite the rumors he still didn't find any of his kind. When he turned twenty three, he grew bored of the courier life in Baltimare, and decided to head back to New Ponyville for a well earned (albeit short) break and also to plan his next move.

He spent the next year of his life working in New Ponyville as a more or less glorified member of the Postal Service, which is actually a job more difficult than it appears. especially if one takes into account that terrifying trip into the Everfree to deliver a letter to a group of from whoever’s soldiers. He was told that the skirmish in the forest would be an easy victory and that he’d find them alive, well and enjoying themselves. Instead, he found all the recipients dead and almost got himself killed by marauding Wildlings lurking nearby. He never doubted the power of the house Everfree after witnessing the horror of that “wonderful” battle.

Eventually however; the Wanderlust struck once again when he was twenty six, and he wanted to give one more shot at finding his family and tribe. He spent a year wandering, heading west and searching. One night he was awoken by the rustling of leaves nearby. He stood up and readied himself for combat but was taken completely off guard by what he saw. In front of him stood a female Noctus in leather Armour and with a crossbow hanging at her side. She asked why he wasn't with the hunting party if he was out here and what the hell he was doing all alone. He quickly explained that he had been looking for his own kind for several years after the disappearance of the Celestial Sisters, and now it seemed that he had struck gold. The mare, trusting a member of her own kind, lead him to the hunting party’s small campsite a kilometer or two away where he then followed them and aided them in their hunt for food and provisions.

A few days later he followed them back to their settlement. For the following two years he lived with them despite having discovered that his parents were not among this group of Noctus. He was with his own kind, and that was what mattered. However; he did every once in awhile visit some of his old friends in New Ponyville and Fillydelphia-with much of the tribe disproving of having contact with outsiders.

One day, however, the Noctus were told about an upcoming summit of the non-pony races, Lucien’s kind included. It was decided that the leader of their tribe should go together with at least one other for the sake of protection. That other was decided to be Lucien.

Back-story of your race:
The Nocturne are for the most part, nocturnal cousins of the Ponies who evolved in a more arctic environment. If you believe that the Nocturne are simply just Pegasi with bat wings, you'd be very wrong indeed. Bat Ponies like to live in a subterranean environment-a old remnant of their day's in the icy tundra of the arctic and before Equestria's balkanization they lived in caves dotted all around Equestria. While many believe they are vampiric, they are but omnivorous to a certain degree. They eat both fruit, greens and certain types of meat.

Little is known about the Bat Ponies history, much of it was lost, or simply forgotten by the Nocturn themselves. However; it is well known that the Nocturne were the original servants of Luna, and had Unicorn, Earth Pony, and Pegasi variants of themselves. However; after the fall of Nightmare Moon the Nocti were hunted. Not a mere hunt for animals but a cull. The earth ponies of their kind were exiled to extinction, the ones capable of magic had their horns snapped off and the winged Nocti were clipped and rendered flightless. There was, however, kind hearts among the ones routing them out. A kind hearted captain of the guard collected what few he could and set them free unharmed, allowing them to start a new life away from Equestria.

For years upon years the Nocti travelled the lands, attempting to build up their numbers through through less than ethical means They took the ways of the roaming Zebra and took it upon themselves to wait until the Night Princesses return. Each night they searched the skies for signs of Her return, philosophizing on the brightest star in the night sky.

Many stories, myths and legends surrounded these nocturnal creatures, everything from them being a cursed race, touched by the night’s darkness and was thus named Nocti; Denizens of the night. It was wrongly believed that if one were to interact with them, they’d fall victims to the same curse and join their ranks.

Years upon years of bad luck followed them. Ostracized, condemned, hated and feared. Those were things they were often. Some of the nocti sought to use this for their own advantage and took up the work of mercenaries and the like; using the fear of their curse and their near nightmarish visage as weapons. Their lives continued as such, nomads and mercenaries. Feared by those who knew them and thought myths by those who did not. For a thousand years they lived like this until the princess of the night returned and they were brought back into society as her personal guard.

Through time, however, the earth pony and unicorn gene vanished from their race, leaving only the pegasi’ cousin left; The Bat Pony. For but a few decades, they lived as they had a millenia prior; in peace with a place to be even though their name was still a taboo and not something commonly spoken of. While they were not integrated into society, they were more at home than they had been for an entire millennium.

Then the two sisters disappeared.

For some time, they stayed behind, loyal to their goddess of the night, but it soon became evident that they would be caught in the crossfire between the quickly growing factions once serious fighting erupted. Thus, the ones who had tried to integrate back into society took to the skies and return to the western horizon from whence they came, biding their time and waiting for their princess to return yet again.
The lesser known races of Equestria are now gathering to decide what to do with this war, and the Nocti are no different. They want an end to this conflict. They want to find their Mistress.

Prejudices (Houses/Races):
“You want to know what I think about the factions fighting this never ending war. Fine, I must warn you, I may start ranting.

Moon and Star:
“Most of my kind hates them for perverting the teachings of Luna, and while I adore her myself, I hate them more for what they do to Ponies. The Slaves are reduced to being parodies of their former selves, and they have these dead looks in their eyes almost like you’re looking at a walking corpse. I don’t know if it’s because of the sown-in slave marks, or because their free thought has been limited by being forced to speak that disgusting slave dialect or if the Unicorns brain geld them by using magic. But the thing i’m trying to say here, is that I hate them for how they break Ponies down and turn them into Tools.”

Earthborn:
"While I admit that General Big Mac is one of the greatest strategists and chess players to ever live, and yes one of my close friends lives in New Ponyville. But Applejack is in the process of creating a Cult of Personality, turning a House that formerly adhered to Science and Technological Advancement (although some would say a bit backwards on Social Issues), into a nasty dictatorship. I won’t judge them dehorning Unicorns-I’ve seen enough of what Magic will do to Ponies to understand that it’s ultimately too much power for one Pony to have. Because as history has taught us: Magic leads to Power, Power leads to Dominance, and Dominance paves the way to abuse.”

Stormwing:
“There are five words to describe Stormwing: a complete and utter mess. Rainbow Dash is a idiot in bed with a Griffin-oh come on, you all know it-and the only reason why the House didn’t get annexed by Gaul would be because of Soarin and Spitfire struggling tirelessly to keep the bloated House afloat. The Middle Class, Soldiers, and Aristocrats vary from Individual to Individual-some are decent and friendly Ponies and Griffins just trying to survive, and other’s are complete arseholes. I will admit this though; Los Pegasus is truly the utter center of all sin upon this earth.”

Whitegold:
“Whitegold is a dump. The Undercity is a massive, crunched in, underground sprawl, while Manehattan proper is filled with the rich and wealthy pretending the war isn’t even happening-hell, they still care about their worthless talent shows and Celebrities. All the while the Poor starve in Getthos ran by Bangers and the Manehattan Mob… It’s just kind of heartbreaking to me that these Ponies before Celestia disappeared would have shared their wealth, now… I need a drink.”

Everfree:
“These guy’s are nasty. You think they are nothing but a pest that any of the Great Houses would simply overwhelm due to superior technology and training? Well, General Big Mac, one of the greatest Generals who ever lived thought that as well and… Well, almost his entire army was slaughtered. Underestimating these guy’s is the biggest mistake you’ll ever make-trust me.”

“Yeah, and not only that, but all the Wildlings I've met have either tried to kill me, have their way with me, or seduce me… Of course; when it’s a heavily scarred, smelly, tattooed Unicorn with the eyes of a Wolf and terrible teeth, you kind of have to gently turn her down… And run. So yes, you have every reason to be afraid of them.”

The Cult of Laughter:
“I… Don’t know a whole lot about these creeps to be honest. Sorry, I think a Wonderbolts a member though, and that they had something to do with the Hoofington Quarantine.”

Rebels:
“Which group? All I can say is that most of them aren’t heroes. The Reds are nasty, nasty Ponies; the Whites are just a bunch of Nobles who simply don’t understand they’ve lost the war long ago; Redhearts Guerrillas are diligent but simply lack the horsepower to do anything; and the Foaledo Iron Guard is absolutely nothing but just one bad joke.”

Other (Anything that doesn’t fall into the previous topics): His preferred weapon and the one that he carries is a Spear-albeit one donned with Nocturne Symbols covering it. Sadly; it isn't enchanted or blessed. He has friends in New Ponyville and Fillydelphia that he likes to visit every once in awhile-he'd even send one of them a post card if he could find some way to deliver it to her. Interestingly enough; his cutie mark turned out to be a portrait of a steppe with a clear night sky and a full moon in background.

1811719 Hurrah! I have finished him =3 Hopefully he doesn't conflict with anyone's plans ^^

Name: King Rasavadam [Often answers to Rasav]

Species: Changeling King

Appearance: King Rasavadam, just as his status implies, is of properly Royal stature, perhaps slightly larger and certainly bulkier by comparison to the queens due to being male. Some of his appearance is perhaps purposely magically altered, as his normally membranous Mane and tail appear as smokey white slightly glowing material instead, and his eyes as a Bright Diamond blue, He also portrays himself as 'not being full of holes' and even straightening his horn up. [Note: These changes actually return to 'normal for a changeling' if he becomes exhausted, or if he turned serious and stops wasting magic on frivolous appearance preferences] The armor he wears is also a sharp red color, as are his wings, contrasting considerably with the standard green.

Despite his size however, he is still younger, less experienced, and less powerful than either of the 3 queens.

Personality: He is difficult to analyze for some, ever the cautious type but rarely showing such openly, often behaving in an un-changling-like energetic, open minded, and even friendly manner, not to mention that he has no fear of speaking his mind, translating into lacking social tact at times... nevertheless, he would not still live if her were an incapable leader, being both strategically skilled and Imaginative in the solutions required to feed his comparatively small hive without being noticed and wiped out by the larger ones... and of course, dedicated to the preservation of those who follow him.

Back-story of your character: [I think I ended up mixing a heap of the species back-story too XD]

Rasav was originally born into the massive Hive of Grey monarch, one large enough that they could afford to lose track of a few supposed drones, and where one with more individuality and potential than his brothers can pretend to be just another drone without getting noticed.

When he was younger he already knew he was 'different' from the other changelings, where they obeyed without question he found himself hesitating on occasion, thinking about 'why' he should listen, but he happened to witness other's who showed off their potential for learning, vanish, a couple reappeared as higher subordinates, but most seemed to never re-appear... it didn't take a genius to know the queen's didn't like competition, even when it could be decades before they'd even begin to pose a threat, So he settled into a routine of imitating the drones that surrounded him, for several years managing to pull off the Charade.

This ended though when he realized one day that he had started to appear larger than the other's, and some began to take notice of his improving physical qualities, enough so that his existence came to the attention of their leader. Of course, he wasn't fool enough to stick around and hope to talk it out, he vanished that very day, separating himself from the hive-mind and taking to hiding in every dark corner, preying on the mindless drones of his own hive for a time, until he found one that reacted differently, this one showed fear when he ambushed them, as opposed to the mindless aggression that would normally show itself.

He was not the only Individual who had taken to concealing their potential, though most of those who existed were low enough on 'the ladder' to pass for plain drones almost all the time, and it was revealed that a small group had been doing this for quite a while, as well as communicating with eachother in secret, a sort of 'sub-hive' that was hardly noticeable beneath the vast hive that belonged to Grey monarch... soon he found himself among these minds, some were quite simple but still individuals, other's were less simple, but each had their wits and their individuality, and each one felt surprised yet gleeful to find someone among them who was of greater rank by nature and sympathized.

He remained hidden for roughly another week, continuing his covert survival and learning of areas in the hive he hadn't known personally, through his link with the Sub-hive, and forming a plan to get himself and the rest out of the Hive in one piece... at the end of that week they made their move, a complex plan of movements and reactions to changes in the environment saw them vanish from the hive mind and slip away, noticed or not, they were free then, and vanished to form their own hive and label Rasav as their King.

Of course, for a small hive it would generally be difficult to find food, though their needs were smaller than the other hives, their power was as well, but they were intelligent and able to work together in ways that didn't involve swarming and following only simple orders... They've managed to survive and grow into a proper hive, albeit tiny by comparison to the main hives.

Back-story of your race: After Fleeing the Territory of the 3 main hives, King Rasav's new hive fled into other lands, staying on the move for the most part since they were small enough in number not to need settling, and could conceal themselves as other races, growing a habit of portraying themselves as a band of travelers from many lands, one that grew more diverse with each new place they passed through, and feeding in secret on those near where they stayed, careful to do so just enough to be healthy, but not leave a trail of evidence that hinted at changelings.

Eventually though their numbers began to grow, Mostly from new little changelings, and they were forced to find a place they could properly settle, somewhere both defensible and concealable to avoid threats to the small hive... Interestingly enough, with the hive not large enough to force them to use a more noticeable and obvious location, they were able to take root deep in an abandoned cave in the Goat's Mountainous Territory, Remaining ever cautious of the dangers of being Changeling's in another races territory, but at least a location they can fly away from and ground bound races would have more difficulty reaching, serves a greater use in ensuring their safety.

Fast-forward a while and the hive has expanded, though seeking to avoid evidence created beyond the mouth of the cave it has expanded 'deeper' into the mountain, though their numbers have grown they've stayed as cautious as possible. Of course, Rasav has kept a number of preparations in place to protect his hive from various potential threats, such as regulating feeding to minimize evidence of a changeling presence, or more in-depth observation of a location before attempting to impersonate someone... Most importantly though, he has maintained spies, though very few, among the original hives, though information flow is miniscule to minimize chance of exposure.

Still though, the rapidly spreading chatter among the hives about a 'summit of various species' was surprisingly brought up in reports from all 3 Hives... Some of those with him worried about the wisdom, or seeming lack there-of, of out-right revealing themselves not just to the native goat's, but to the Hives representatives that would be present. Where they saw risk, Rasavadam Saw opportunity, a chance to differentiate his hive from the others and potentially form beneficial relations with other species, perhaps enough to ensure against harm coming to his hive in retribution for not serving his former Queen.

He left instructions to be especially cautious and remain prepared incase things do go south, but if the goats are inviting representatives of the main Hives it's unlikely that they would turn away the presence of another hive that is closer to being 'good' than the other hives... at least in 'his' opinion. So with that, he set out for Tanngrisnir, sending one subordinate ahead to deliver a message of his own to reveal a fourth Hive, and keeping 2 more at his side.

Prejudices (Houses/Races): I tend to be... tolerant, in some cases out of necessity, though there are a couple of Races that I like or dislike more... but for the most part, I intend to reserve judgement on some for once I has gained personal experience with the various houses and species I haven't met yet... I am however both excited and wary about finally, hmmm... Stepping in the light, so to speak.

Changelings of other Hives: I am especially wary of them, One can never assume there is no threat from someone related to the queens.

The cult of Laughter: I find them quite distasteful overall, laughter and happiness are fine, but... the dead are unnatural, they do not truly feel, even if they imitate it... then again, If I am proven wrong... Nevermind.

Earthborn and Stormwing: I like both actually, Honor and loyalty are valuable traits... Their methods and morals could use some work, but otherwise, I find them interesting... this is mainly from the POV of a Warrior, I could hardly be peaceful with them, not while their ways would see me attacked on sight.

Outside of these, I reserve my opinion's for what I learn from others or experience personally, afterall, one cannot expect to be accepted if they are not willing to try such themselves.

Other (Anything that doesn’t fall into the previous topics):

THE DEER SHALL TROMP UPON THE BUGS! DESTROYING EVERYONE OF THEIR SICK LOVE FEASTING RACE!

The Deer's day's of eating babies and wiping out races with abomiable blood rituals are over. Give it up; your golden age is long gone and never shall return.

It wouldn't take much. Just a can of bug spray and BOOM problem over.

Happy birthday, Trixie.

Will be back to look at the characters proposed later, everyone else.

Yay-my-birthday-yay!

Thanks Gelly.

Happy Birthday Great and now slightly more power Trixie!

1843307>>1844220
Apologies for my tardiness once again. I should stop touching the fermented apple nectar.

Accepted, the both of you.

1817603>>1820112>>1820052>>1815544>>1812482>>1811885
My dear sirs and/or madams, am I to expect an update to your characters (Or in some cases, the first draft of a character) any time soon?

I only ask because I plan to post the RP thread tomorrow, and although I'm always lenient with latecomers, it's rude to be late to the party.

I-I wasn't aware that anything needed revising, I can fix it whatever it is or add onto him if the need be.

Woops, mistagged you. Sorry about that xD.

Oh, that's ok then. We all make mistakes, and I'm ready to go for tomorrow! Can't wait for the Political intrigue and backroom dealings, it can all go anywhichaway and that's the beauty of it!

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 141