Equestria Divided 705 members · 52 stories
Comments ( 141 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 141

Summit of the Unknown - ED RP

There are races unknown to Equestrians. Some are considered myth and legend, others are distant memories from the past, barely resurfacing in these desolate lands to find war at their hooves, claws and fangs.

Some are ignorant to the war effort, preferring to stay behind while others fight the war for them, only so that they may prey upon the winner. Others eagerly die for their beliefs, following behind the House’s to their supposed victory.

So a summit, a meeting, was called. One to discuss the nature of the war. But this was no normal meeting in the war-room; nay. This was a meeting for the unknown.

The Zebras of the South fight behind the guise of the Everfree, their strong beliefs of the preservation and treatment of the wildlife much akin to their forest-loving counterparts.

The Griffons fight for Stormwing, but why? Even if they pledge allegiance, ponies and Griffons alike still don’t quite see eye to eye with each other.

But what of the others? The remnants of the Lunar Guard? The Deer of the West? The travelling mule? The mysterious, backstabbing rats of Changelings? All of these and many more don’t play a part in the war. Why? They merely don’t know where to stand in it all.

“So,” heresay the leaders of mountain goats, “We have called a summit to our fair city of Tanngrisnir to discuss our position among the Equine kind. To all those who heed our words, we promise fine treatment, and even finer mead!”

Leaders and emissaries of the unknown species travel in like the Westward Deer into the fair Goat mountains. Some come with good intentions, trying to get a foothold in the war as they wonder where their loyalties lie.

Do the Griffons stay with the Stormwing Pegasi, or do they defect to the highest bidder?

With powers unknown, and reputation bad, do the Changeling’s dare declare an alliance? Or do they still intend to take over the equine land by ways of deception and enslavery?

What of the gracious hosts of the Goats? Though they’ve set this event up, do they hold a secret motive? Have they been paid to sway the thoughts of the others?

Only one fact is for certain; all of these species together is sure to bring up some bad blood, along with some spilt blood.

Summary/Set up -

Howdy guys; coming at ya’ with a new RP idea.

Equestria Divided: Summit of the Unknown is an RP set up for y’all to help expand our ideas about the less-known races behind the veil of Equestria Divided. Sure, the Everfree monsters, Zebra, Buffalo and Griffons have been mostly allocated to their respective races, but what of the others?

That, is why, my dear sirs and maybe madams, I’m proposing this RP. Set in the fair city with an unpronounceable name, you will play characters of any of the non-equine, non-canon races. Since there are bound to be some separatists from the main army, I have allowed the use of Zebras and Griffons if you can provide a good backstory for their reasoning behind such blatant treachery.

The concept is simple.. Ish. You can play either as the leader of your race, the dignitary of your race, or simply a person along for the ride. If fact, you can play all three, if you think you can take on the responsibility of them all. Interact with the other players and consider who you want to kill, or who you want to save. Discuss battle plans, or just say fuck it and go on a beer run down at the local mead-house.

As is quite common with these sorts of RP’s in Equestria Divided, it’s a freeform RP. Confused what that means? It means there’s none of that dice rolls malarkey or those pre-made maps to move on. Although, on occasion, I may use pictures and background music to accompany any descriptive posts that I write, you are in no obligation to do the same, and you in full obligation to call me out on it if it’s getting annoying.

Anyway, in terms of story, I have only stated what is certain. The background to the situation, if you will. The rest is decided by your own actions. For all I can control, you can all start singing Christmas carols in the drenching rain while you pelt eggs at the Goat population. I ask that you take your freedom with a pinch of salt. For all intents and purposes, you can do what you want, as long it’s within reasonable expectation of reality.

Well, I say reality as a loose term. As always, this is still ponies after all. Can’t expect too much from them.

Below here is just some of the examples of races you can use, along with some backgrounds. You don’t have to use any of them, they’re merely guidelines.

If you can think of a race accepted by either the canon or the general fanon of the show unmentioned below, feel free to make up some backstory and propose it to me in the thread below!

That means you can have seaponies if you can explain how they’re surviving out of water/what their role is in the Equestria Divided universe.

Races and examples -

Griffins: The Griffins are a carnivorous race of the north. During the Ancient Era of Equestrian History they are remembered as barely literate savages that would feast on ponies, a belief still considered fact by many Historians today. The Griffins populate the Northern part of Equestria, being native to Equestrian lands. Some travelling Griffons established their rule in a place known as Europona. Griffons are much different from the Ponies; they are more aggressive, much more warlike, patriarchal, and ultimately less forgiving.

Zebras; Hailing from either the Zebran Desert south of Equestria, or the Zebran flatlands far to the west, the zebras have been conflicted with their decision in joining the war. The southern zebras sided with The House Everfree, sending forth their finest alchemists and tribal warriors. Those that come from the west, however, have held their hoof in taking part. The zebras of the flatlands keep their martial secrets guarded, and their armed fighting styles are near impossible to replicate without direct tutelage. Not knowing whether their southern counterparts have made the right choice, they have taken the opportunity given by the goats to make a decision in the summit, along with the others.

Saddle Arabian's; The coastal nation of Saddle Arabia has stayed out of the civil wars thus far, but with tensions rising even in the Zebran Desert to the north, it seems as though they may finally try their own hooves at ending the war. Launching their war boats and siege caravans, the Saddle Arabians intend to hit hard and fast. The factions have paid little attention to Saddle Arabia thus far, because of their isolationist stance, and they will pay for their ignorance. But, even with their naval advantage, and their foreign combat style, the Saddle Arabians need help, and they will find some in the summit of Tanngrisner.

Changelings; Once a proud race of ancient magic, these beings of deception have fallen a far cry from grace with their assault on Canterlot a few decades previous. They operate in a shadow none other than a select few Unicorns can match, stealing, killing and leaving more discreetly than any other can beg to boast. No longer shrouded by obscurity and the mystery of the Tundra and the Wasteland where their homelands lay, three ascended leaders lead the bug race, the Changelings.

The hordes are led by three different Queens of the Hives. Queen Chrysalis, Queen Chitinous and Grey Monarch. Although they work as a team, each and every Queen distrust the others, only in the alliance for their own means, whether that be survival, land or assassination.

Minotaur; The minotaurs are a race that can barely stay peaceful within their own rocky, desolate lands, so in their eyes the conflict in Equestria is nothing too special. Those that can stand to work together have thrown their lot in with Fluttershy, acting as master beast tamers or charging juggernauts with unbelievable stopping power. Any minotaurs who take a less cooperative stance on conflict have become mercenaries, working for whoever has the most money. Or they fight for their own rise into power, collecting and commanding small armies of their own. Seeking a path that might lead to greater success of finding power, the minotaurs have sent an envoy to answer the goats' call to the undecided races.

Goats; These proud creatures are deceptively strong, and commonly rather slow on the uptake. Don’t let their soft demeanour fool you though, they come from a harsh background of war from their own crusades around their own gods. Most of their kind live among Minotaur as graceful servants and willful slave labour, but the others more than make up for their brethren’s downfalls. They praise a God known as Heiorun, their God praising them with promises of good mead and a good life despite struggles. Once masters of exotic fighting styles, but their talents falling to disuse, they still provide a good backbone to any fighting force.

Cows; Cows are agricultural beings, eating only what they grow themselves and eagerly sharing out what’s left. Since the events of the separation of the Elements of Harmony, they’ve been treated like mere animals.

The summit is their way of pronouncing their rebellion - They intend to start their own faction, but they don’t know the first thing about war.

Bat-Pony/Nocturni/Lunar Guard; “Ponies” that once served under the noble reign of the lunar sister, these bat-like ponies come in the same variation as normal equines. Ever since the separation of Harmony and the de-establishment of the Celestial sisters, the bat-winged creatures have become a roaming race. Left without a leader and without purpose, they took to mercenary work. They follow no House but the highest bidder, since they see the Moon and Star “Degenerates” as unfaithful to the reality of Luna, and the other House’s have mostly given up on the Celestial Sisters. They meet the Summit to discuss their loyalties, and to establish where they stand.

Deer: A race long believed to be extinct. There are many stories about these faun, and each race has their own legends that differ in tone. To the ponies they are remembered as peaceful pacifistic defenders of nature and the forest, to the Griffins they were horrifyingly alien beings who practiced a disgusting brand of magic, stealing away their young in the night to eat them. To the Kirins they were bloodthirsty savages who came to conquer and destroyed much of their early civilization.

There is one thing notable and supported by historical record; that both the Griffins and Kirins united and destroyed the Deer in a savage war that drove the aforementioned Quadrupeds into extinction. The Deer afterwards faded away into myth and legend, little trace or information about their civilization survived for it was shattered so thoroughly. But some say in the distant land of the west, the Deer thrive. And rumor’s of Deer sightings are increasing... As more and more Wildlings disappear in the Everfree.

Kirins: Purely militaristic creatures that live in the Eastern continent. The Kirins are actually a result of a old Mage trying to create a race of Warriors to expand his empire, who needless to say, revolted. The Kirins are also very different from their Pony brethren-even if they are theoretically related. For one; they are patriarichal similar to the Griffins, for another they live in a very Feudalistic and Caste Driven society, and finally they hold a notable sense of honor that they follow.

Very few actually exist of this dangerous race, their numbers barely reaching the triple digits and slowly dying out.

Alpaca: An alpine race said to live in the Northern Mountains. Most ponies know very little about them, and just merely assume them to be shaggier Donkeys. Most Griffins consider them decent folk-something only a handful of races have achieved and leave them alone. And the Nhorse see them as raiding targets-even if their raids on their mountain cities almost never succeed and are actually quite comical. If there’s one true about the Alpaca, they are very isolationist and rarely let anyone into their hidden enclaves, and stay neutral in all conflicts.

Llamas: a nomadic relative of the Alpaca. They wander around the mountains of the far north. They-like the Alpaca-stay neutral in almost all conflicts, but unlike the alpaca, their foreign relations are mirrored. For one; the Nhorse consider them kindred spirits and leave them alone-most of the time, and the Griffins often raid their camps if they don’t pay tribute-usually bloodless raids however. They wander around, trying to live their peaceful nomadic existence as best as they can-although, that might change.

Diamond Dogs; Diamond dogs are widely known for their love of gems, which they not only eat, but serve as a proof of standing and power among the separate packs. Diamond dogs have rarely ever seen eye to eye with other species inhabiting the globe, ignoring boundaries between nations and settling wherever they can make a hole in the ground uncontested. Normally, each pack of dogs is led by an alpha and are completely separate, and often hostile to each other. More often then not they are more than content to ignore the goings on of civilization in favor to their own disputes, though they have been known to take hostages from the world above their dens and forcing them to work in their gem mines.

However, in the lands neighboring Equestria, a ruler has emerged, bringing together the alpha's of several other packs under his banner. Seeing the diamond dogs in Equestria involved in the war, the diamond dogs have decided to attend the summit, and discuss the proper course of action concerning their 'Equestrian kin'.

((Most background concepts done with the major help of Siegfried and Tsunami Rain!))

Rules -
- No God-mode: Pretty much self-explanatory, my dears. Unless your Unicorn has it specifically stated that it can teleport, it can’t teleport. It’s a high level spell, and it’s not something you can just spam 24/7. Same goes for physically strong characters. You can be strong. Hell, you can be a freaking juggernaut if you so please, but you’re not a world-class wrestler from Appleloosa. You’re a beefcake with a problem.

- The Story Must Progress: Characters come and go and plots will be twisted and subverted (take that as you will) but all things that happen must progress the story of these characters, their interactions, and the interactions they have with the rest of the world. The better your description of your actions, the more you can do and the better everybody else can react to them. If you look at the rather popular RP on here, “Caravan”, it’s almost the length of one of SS&E’s stories.

I.. Don’t want that. As much as I want you all to push your boundaries and write long posts, I wouldn’t advocate something of that caliber. Interaction is something I heavily encourage. Let’s build this plot together and our characters interact, rather than just write a metric tonne of words.

So I’m asking a minimal of a few paragraphs for each post. Something I like to remember is “Detail, not waffling.”. No need to write 8k word posts or anything like that. I mean, if you want to do that for your opener, go ahead. I’m definitely up for a good intro. But I’m not asking for you to (and would prefer that you not) write a short story with each post.

- Mutual respect for each others characters: No puppeteering unless express permission is given. Full stop. So, no controlling another character’s actions. I just really want to reinforce that point because it’s one of the things I personally find very frustrating.

There’s a handy PM system on here that you can use if you want to ask someone else if you can do something with their character.

If I start hearing complaints... Well… I’ve got an extended vocabulary and I’m not afraid to use it.

- Meta Gaming: None of it. If it’s been mentioned to another character, you don’t know it yourself. You don’t know another person’s name unless you have very reasonable grounds to know it. Keep your knowledge to what would you know.

- Format: Please use proper narrative. Italics for thoughts, “speaking in quotations” and such to make it clear what is being thought and what is being said. Use the ‘quotes’ boxes (There's a handy button that does the code for you.) when speaking out of character such as to ask questions, comment on things happening as a player instead of pony. I, and nobody else will shout at you for minor spelling and grammatical mistakes.

Character making!:

Ho-wee, now for the fun part. Character building!

Wait, you don’t think that’s the fun part?

D’aww, you guys are boring.

Anyway, within this thread, I wish you many good returns in making a character in the following template -

Name:
Species:
Personality:

Back-story of your character:

Back-story of your race:

Prejudices (Houses/Races):

Other (Anything that doesn’t fall into the previous topics):

P.S., if this is a totally stupid idea, call me out on it.

P.P.S., no seriously, I get really paranoid about things if I don’t get criticism.

P.P.P.S., pls? D:

If you would like to take part my lovelies, post down in the doobly-doo! I’ll be here for a while. T-minus a week until I post the RP thread if this gets enough interest. If you have any questions, reread this post before shouting at me. Then shout even louder.

1811719 I'd do this! (Is a zony acceptable? I can send the info once I get on my computer)

We need some canine goodness in there.

Diamond Dogs:

Diamond dogs are widely known for their love of gems, which they not only eat, but serve as a proof of standing and power among the separate packs. Diamond dogs have rarely ever seen eye to eye with other species inhabiting the globe, ignoring boundaries between nations and settling wherever they can make a hole in the ground uncontested. Normally, each pack of dogs is led by an alpha and are completely separate, and often hostile to each other. More often then not they are more than content to ignore the goings on of civilization in favor to their own disputes, though they have been known to take hostages from the world above their dens and forcing them to work in their gem mines.

However, in the lands neighboring Equestria, a ruler has emerged, bringing together the alpha's of several other packs under his banner. Seeing the diamond dogs in Equestria involved in the war, the diamond dogs have decided to attend the summit, and discuss the proper course of action concerning their 'Equestrian kin'.

I'm aware of what a Zony is :derpytongue2:. If you can justify a whole race of the Zebra/Pony hybrids, write up a Character Sheet and a short background to the Race itself in the Equestria Divided setting.

(Note - A race doesn't have to have an expansive amount of people. See: Kirin's)

I'll add this to the list. I'm expecting a D-Dog from you now, Lazo. :pinkiesmile:

1811931 Hmm, all this stuff to do once I get on the computer, better go find an excuse then.

1811719 Ooooo I likey! I'll take Minotaurs, I just need time to write up my application cause I do everything by phone.

Name: Churi Killa

Species: Alpaca

Appearance: Traditional Inca Garbs (in alpaca configuration), white fur

Personality: Silient, alpaca of few words, rarely angered but a bit centralist

Back-story of your character: Born in a small noble family, he gained his power by alliances with other families and hard work. When the last King died he was one of thje nominated by the late king to be his successor. After beating his competitors he was apointed king or as his people call him the new Inca

Back-story of your race: Initially a divided in tribes, the alpaca where first united by one of the tribes somewhere like 150 years ago forming a small kingdom, since then te Alpaca expanded their territories until they contacted the Nhorse, since then the Alpaca have fortified their frontiers while gathering strengh to conquer the nhorse and keep their expansion

Prejudices (Houses/Races): Hate the Nhorse and by that Stormwing and Griffons (both because relations with the Nhorse and raidings to the llamas)

Have problems with Moon and Star because they consider the sun and the moon their gods but not Luna and Celestia

Have a decent relation with Everfree (ie. they aren't at war)

Have problems with the industrializtion of Earthborn

Hate the cult.

They love the Llamas as they are cousins and generally the alpacas stop any Griffon raid while Llamas are in their territories.

They have no problems with the bat ponies unless those are serving with other houses, but colonies of bat ponies found in caves near their territories ar leaved alone (unless they want to join).

Have problems with the changeling for obvious reasons

All other are Neutral

If you see the alpacas will accept anyone that wants to join much like the Incas I'm basing them off, still to join the Alpaca Empire means that they are somewhat above you (until you earn a place in the nobility that is, still that is pretty hard)

Other (Anything that doesn’t fall into the previous topics): Basically they have the Inca culture, technology, military and politics

Name:ironhoof BlackShield
Species:Bat Pony
Appearance:Dark grey coat, black mane and tail, silver eyes, cutie mark of a solid black shield, wears ancient, silver colored night guard armor pre nightmare moon armor with slaw attachments.
Personality:Despite the serious, somber appearance, Blackshield is kind hearted he cares deeply about those under his clan and wants nothing more than security for future generations of Nocturni. Off duty he has more of a relaxed nature often chatting with is guards over some drinks.
Back-story of your character:Iron served under his father, the captain of the night guard and head of clan Blackshield. With the disappearance of the princesses Iron's Father was giving a choice pledge their allegiance to Twilight or execution for treason. His father left Iron one last order before leaving to the meeting with twilight, escape and preserve the nocturni until Luna returns; giving him the Night Captain's Armour, an ancient validating his right to lead, he attempted to assassinate twilight bought the clan enough time to escape.
Back-story of your race:The Nocturni are Clan based and thus not a unified nation, while some clan may join forces and in some cases absorbed into stronger clans they lack a centralised leadership.Not including Princess luna the only way to unite the clans is under the rule of the Night captain, while some have attempted to claim that title only with the ancient armor of the night captain is it validated. Word has spread that the largest growing is lead by the new Captain armour and all.
Prejudices (Houses/Races):Does not look kindly upon those of the houses believing the Element bearers have corrupted Equestria and must pay for their crimes.
Other (Anything that doesn’t fall into the previous topics): If it helps think of them as similar aspect to the Mandalorians in kotor one and two

1811931 :twilightoops: What did I just get into?

Name: Administrator Clarice (I hate names...)

Species: Deer

Appearance: (It's a deer. What do you want from me!?)
She stands around the the height of what a Celestia use to. Being taller then a pony or zebra, but not as tall as a Minotaur. Her coat has been imbued with magic properties, as much of her race has, it changes from a light-brown in the spring and summer, to snow white in the winter and fall. The magic in her coat is dependent on the season of the location she resides at the moment, not her home in the west. It is also flawless. Some would say that her coat in a perfect weave of natures making, she just calls in good bathing habits. Her eyes are an unnatural amethyst purple (because B**K other eye colors.) which look just like the gem that is used to describe their color. They are near gems in their own right.

Personality: She is above all, calm but firm. She refuses to be ignored and will drive her point to its fullest, but will do it without ever raising her voice, or a hoof. She has received the name "The Ocean Wave" for her ways of being so assertive while still being a calming source to all. Some confused her with being argumentative as she normally takes the side opposite of what ever another is talking about, but really she is trying to understand the maximum amount that she can from some one by drawing out everything that she can. She has set herself to have an ever changing opinion. Everything that she hear influences her choices in one way or another.

Back-story of The Deer: The Deer were a peaceful race that lived long before the rise of Nightmare Moon. There main presuites were in the fields of education. They worked tirelessly in herbal medicine, magic, and futuring the good of all species. They were one of the first to create a written and spoken language. As time progressed, and the number of Deer increased, the lack of a government system played against the Deer. As such tribes began to form, and over time thousands more would appear. The tribes were mostly peaceful with one another, and this unlikely system seemed to work for a time. Information was highly prized during this time, it became a form of currency almost. Some tribes worked to discover new things, then used the knowledge that they made to get goods from other tribes. Likewise, some stronger tribes worked to get resources and trade them for more knowledge.

Slowly, as information slowed in creation, things began to fester in the tribes. Worker tribes could not trade with learning tribes as learning tribes no longer had knowledge that was useful to worker tribes. The learner tribes quickly adapted to this, they moved closer to Equestria so that they could trade their superior knowledge with the developing race of ponies. Worker tribes had a harder time, most hadn't put any effort into learning on their own, yet knowledge was one of the most important virtues to any Deer. They made an idea, together hundreds of worker tribes formed a packed, the first warrior tribe. The first goal of the, inexperienced, warrior tribe was to get the knowledge that they needed to be warriors. They set their sights on the Kirins, as they reasonably knew the most of the matter. It was numbers and brutal tactics that were their only saving grace against the Kirins. But in the edges of the Deer tribes formed tribes that had what they needed to go on without other tribes. They formed into what was called "pure tribes". The pure tribes focused on magic, and the continuation of it at any and all costs. There were more then a few rumors that they pure tribes performed blood sacrifices with young that they stole from everywhere. Little is known for sure of the pure tribes, but what was unearthed is unsettling.

Eventually the Kirins, and the griffons fought against the Deer. Together they destroyed countless amounts of the Deer and their knowledge and history. None of the tribes survived the war, not entirely. The war had seemingly wiped them off of the face of the planet. A few scattered remains of the Deer survived. They went deep into hiding, forging a forced union. This was the dark age of the Deer. As the Deer forced their way back into existence. They formed a new government. One that united all Deer as one. They made a system were a ruler was chosen by vote. The ruler would crowed Administrator then serve for life, guiding all Deer how she or he sees fit. Before the ruler dies he or she would write will declaring who the next candidates for the next Administrator would be. The Deer would hold a vote over the course of two years.

Until now The Administrators refused to show their race to the other races, but a new doe has the crown, and she doesn't share the same ideas as her predecessors.

Back-story of Clarice: (Told by Clarice, because everyone else is doing it anymore. Even though it seems pretty dumb.)
"Before I start, I would like to say that I do not approve of others diving into my personal closet of history. I am a full advocate of teaching history, but I do not see the need to tell you were I came from. I am a Deer, and like all Deer I used to hide at night and in the day, fearful of something that I have never seen the face nor tail of. It's the story of the deer that you want, not the story that I have chiseled in to the stone that is time."

"That being said, I will tell you some. I do not expect you to trust of even believe in some thing that has no past. My childhood is irrelevant to this conversation. I was told that we should hide, and that we should never trust anyone aside from other Deer. It was better then it sounds, trust me. Thinking that a monster in under your bed but really isn't, is far better then understanding why you thought there was a monster under your bed was because somebody over you is afraid to tell you the truth. I digress. As I learned I learned more of our political system, what little there is. I didn't like it. Each Administrator can do what ever he or she feels like, but it is "customary" to follow the rules set out by the last one, who had their rules set by the before them, who also followed the rules that the one before set. You do see the issue, yes? I grew frustrated with the cycle, the fact that our race can never more on because of an out dated ceremony. If one was willing to stand, then my race as a whole could be redeemed back to it's former glory. Thus my political aspirations were forged as strong as steel."

"My goal was both simple, and the hardest thing to do in my society. Become the Administrator. Before that I had to get the vote, and before that I had to get in good with the prior ruler. Again I must deny some information to you. I will not revel how I managed to ascended to my position at this time. I will tell you that there was no foul play on my part. Though it did help that my competitors did not follow such restraints."

"Now I stand, the youngest Administrator of New Era history. I will not follow the same mistakes as my those who have ran before me. I will not let the Deer go into myth and mystery forever. We are strong, we are smart, and we will not before forgot anymore."

"Ahem, excuce me. I tend to get a little fired up when it comes to my, or my species history. I prefer to learn rather then teach. So, if you would, who are you?"

Prejudices: She has none. Just a wryness of the races that nearly destroyed her race. She had hoped that she could make allies with the ponies, but seeing their state of war it might not be as easy, or at all possible.

Other: the deer mainly use items that are forged with magic. Clarice is no exception to this. Her necklace has protective magic in it, making shields as she wishes. Her anklets bare a magic akin to a strong unicorn's levitation. And her crown has the strongest of the magic items she carries, the power to make and control astral items. With a thought she can make anything form a toothpick, to a carriage. The item does have it's limits. It can only make one item at a time, and nothing can go more then a few feet away from her. All her items have a magic lock, making them only usable by her and only removable by her. They are each made from a metal called deer's horn steel. It is made super strong, and super pretty. The compound is made with several magic ingredients, one of which being horns, along with gold and silver.

Comment posted by Siegfried deleted Sep 24th, 2013

Hay you, I got a bit of your race's history in my race's history. Just saying.

Working on a Saddle Arabian!

Name: Captain Duffy

Species: Donkey

Appearance: A donkey still in the early prime of his life, Duffy has a rich brown coat and stands slightly taller then the standard pony. For official duties both on and off the field he dons what appears to be a pretty standard donkey military uniform, combined with saddlebags and prior medals for bravery in the field.

Unlike most uniforms, Duffy's has a red cross shown into his, marking him as a member of the medical branch of the military.

Personality: Duffy is one of the nicest, calm headed creatures one could ever meet. He is also reported to maintain his high spirits even during the most chaotic and dangerous of occasions and thus inspiring others, a fact confirmed by him whistling or singing songs while calming walking in the middle of battlefields collecting wounded, despite the bullets and shrapnel flying all around him at the time.

Only a small number of females know if the rumors of Duffy having giant, brass balls for being able to do such things on the battlefield are true or not. They're keeping it to themselves.

Back-story of your character: No record of Duffy exists prior to his enlistment in the DPMAC (Donkey, Pony and Mule Army Corps) on the first day that the army center opened it's doors due to being pulled into a war with the Gray Wolves of Turk because of it's allegiances to other world powers. This wasn't that strange at the time, since plenty of donkeys had reasons to join up without using their real names, the primary of which was to lie about their true age.

Being judged as a stallion of great physical strength, Duffy was given the task of recovering the injured from the field of battle. It was also during this time that Duffy met Simpson, a mule who was also given the task of ferrying the injured off the field. The two would become the best of friends and both would later be considered two of the greatest heroes the DPMAC had ever seen.

During the first three weeks of warfare on the beaches and mountains of Turk, Duffy and Simpson were reported to have saved over three hundred lives between them. They're ability to actively walk out in the open despite shrapnel, bullets and sniper fire raining down around them while both being in such high spirits as to whistle or sing cheerful songs was an inspiration to those mules and donkeys who witnessed them.

One month after the fighting began, Simpson was hit while carrying out his duties. While he was aware that his friend wasn't going to make it back to camp, Duffy not only carried him but the two stallions Simpson had been carrying when the bullet hit him back to safety.

Despite the tragic death of his friend, Duffy quickly returned to the field of battle to carry on the task that they had both shared. Because of his heroics, Duffy was promoted to Captain once the war ended.

Having been selected to help represent the DPMAC at the Summit, Duffy plans to live up to the responsibilities granted to him.

Back-story of New Equstralia:
While Donkeys have always had close relations to pony kind, it wasn't until the joint colonization of a far off, southern land that had been labeled as 'No Pony's Land' until then that they bypassed social norms and the first Mules came into existence. Far away from their mother country the Donkeys, Ponies and increasing number of Mules formed their own democratic government and achieved Federation thirty years prior to the dividing of Equestria.

Five years before the summit was called, the nation of New Equstralia went to war with the Grey Wolves of Turk due to alliances with third parties on both sides. The war between them lasted several years and resulted in a casualties for both sides, however both sides gained a respect for the other and the relatively newly formed New Equstralia earned a place on the international stage for being natural solders.

Due to the relative youth of New Equstralia, as well as it's distance from many of the factions, it refreshingly lacks most of the grudges that other races hold for each other.

While the ponies, donkeys and mules of New Equstralia are prepared to work something out with whatever faction wins the war in Equestria, they are making plans to ensure that neither House Moon and Star or the Cult of Laughter are the last house left standing.

Man Gell, we are all aware of how awesome your ideas are so don't even pretend this isn't a good one. Lets do this shit.

Name: Narzag of Clan Broken Tusk

Species: Warthog

Appearance: Like most Warthogs, his body is nearly twice as big as any Zebra's and three times as thick. If one word could describe a Warthog, it's Big. Thick muscles line the Swine's entire body as he stands just a few inches short of the average Alicorn's neck. A thick and wild war-hawk sprouts from his head, it being a shaggy mix of brown and black. His body's coloring is a mixture of coal black and greyish brown, surprisingly striking golden eyes adorning his features. Narzag's Tusks are traditional as far as his kind goes, two very large ones in the front and two smaller ones towards the back of his snout. Across his leathery hide are deep running scars which he has accumulated during his years as a Warrior and a Gatherer, one nasty scar stretching across his entire snout and almost across his left eye.

Attire wise there is very little to say as a Warthog has difficulty staying cool as it is. Along his sides are a variety of packs and tangling trophies from his ventures in the Saharan Badlands. Adorning his right shoulder is a Matriarch Hyena's skull, her pack's bones also dangling from the Hog's sides and in his packs to serve as tools. On his back is a long quiver filled with Warthog Javelin, all of them being sturdy enough to also serve as a spear if the need be.

Personality: Narzag is as good of a leader as his Clan is going to get. He was patient enough to know when to strike and when to hold back. He never placed his needs over that of the Clan, and he wasn't satisfied with remaining unintelligent. While he is nowhere near being a genius, Narzag is well above the average Hog

Back-story of your character: Originating from the Broken Tusk Clan, Narzag accompanied his Chieftain to a Moot being held within the Blood Rock Canyon, home to the largest and most powerful Clan; The Boned Head Clan, to discuss on what to do about the incoming Summer. During the meeting, a Swine Spy had barged in during the meeting and informed the Clan leaders and their guard that the Zebras had sent off a representative to the East. Having sprinted from one end of the Sahara to the other, the Spy told of a Grand Meeting taking place at some place known as the Summit, to discuss the situation in Equestria.

This information had gotten the Hog's attention and the Clan Chieftains soon started to debate on how to proceed with this knowledge. A representative never showed up to inform them so they had naturally assumed the Zebras sent the representative away or they just didn't know of their existence. Never the less, the Clans all agreed that someone needed to go investigate on all of the Clan's behalf's as none of them could afford to leave the Badlands if the Meeting wasn't serious. Quillback, leader of the Broken Tusk Clan volunteered his sure-to-be successor (One needed to beat the old Chieftain in a fight to ascend); Narzag, to represent the Warthogs at the Summit.

Although he never expected such responsibility so soon, the Swine accepted the task without hesitation and he along with his guard began the long trek across the Badlands and the Sahara, hopes for the future filling his spirits and driving him forward.

Back-story of your race: The Warthogs have been an enemy of the Western Sahara dwelling Zebra for as many generations as either side can remember. It is uncertain as to which was the original dweller of the Sahara, nor is it clear as to who initiated conflict between the two. But whatever the cause, they have never ceased fighting since. It has never been an even war however, as while the Zebras of today live almost unopposed, the Warthogs have dwindled down to near nothing of what the stories of Old had once said. While the Warthogs wield great strength and unparalleled speed, they simply lacked the intelligence to out-think the Zebra tribes. From a gradual decline, the Warthogs were pushed out into the Badlands of the Sahara, and they haven't been able to retake the more fertile ground since.

While the exact numbers aren't clear, but it is suspected that currently; there are a minimum of five thousand and a maximum of ten thousand Warthogs remaining in the Saharan Badlands and that is a generous estimation. Warthogs teeter on the edge of extinction and neither Hog nor Zebra are interested in talks of peace. The blood runs far too deep between the two people.

The Warthogs operate in loosely based Clans, meaning that no one Hog is limited in his/her role. Due to the limits of their resources, aside from the Chieftain and Shamans, it is expected of any able bodied Hog to perform multiple tasks for the Clan (Narzag himself was a Warrior, a Gatherer, and a Digger). The average lifespan of a Warthog is extremely short compared to most species as a Warthog hasn't died of natural causes in all of their remembrance. Warthogs usually die in battle, from a predator, starvation, disease, and heat exhaustion long before they can achieve old age so it isn't clear as to how long a Hog could live if their life wasn't a constant struggle to survive.

Omnivorous, Warthogs operate in a scavenger/gatherer society, with Hogs who find anything edible and bring it back to the camp. Due to the shortage of food in the Badlands though, bands of Warthogs have been roaming the daytime as desperate predators, taking down game and dragging their corpses back to have something to nourish the Clan. This practice is frowned upon though and most Hogs will never admit to doing this, rather, they would usually lie and claim that they had simply stumbled upon the body instead of hunting and killing it themselves. To deliberately hunt something for food is to bring shame to all Warthogs for it only serves to prove the Zebras right. To prove that they are savages, as uncivilized beasts.

They, along with Narzag would see the Equestrian situation as the ideal opportunity to find a new homeland. Somewhere where the grass grows and the rains pour freely, a place where a Sow need not worry as to where her Piglet's next meal was going to come from, a place without hunters around every corner, a place without the Fight. The Warthogs have been fighting for far too long, fighting the Zebras, fighting to survive.

But maybe, just maybe, this wiould be their final fight before the Peace the Warthogs sought was bestowed upon them.

Prejudices (Houses/Races)

Moon and Star: Doesn't feel strongly one way or another towards the Unicorn based House, but is irritated at their blatant superior complex.
Everfree: Due to their alliance with the Zebras (despite them not being the Western Breed), Narzag holds a natural distrust and dislike towards the Forest dwellers. He wouldn't hesitate to fight against them if the opportunity favored his fortune.
Cult: Is unaware of it's existence.
Earthborn: Another House he lacks an opinion on.
Whitegold: Unaware of it's existence.
Griffins: Respects their warrior ways to an extent but is overall unconcerned over them.
Zebra: A seething Hatred boils under the Hog's surface, threatening to spill over at the slightest provoktion. While he doesn't go out of his way to attack or harm any Zebra he sees, he will automatically think very violent thoughts if he does spot one or is forced into confrontation. Sees them as less then the sand (which is considered absolutely worthless by Warthogs as they have a high appreciation for the dirt(mud) that cools them. Sand is lousy building material, can't be wallowed in, and is highly uncomfortable to do anything with) he walks upon.
Alpaca: Can't tell the difference between an Alpaca or a Llama.
Llama: See above
Deer: Unaware of their existence.

Other (Anything that doesn't fall into the previous topics): Warthog Tusks can use some form of magic, but it seems to only serve a support role in combat or some unknown purpose in the Hog's Rituals. Shamans perform both of these duties as they're the only one's who've harnessed the power that dwells within, most Hogs simply use them to dig, gore their opponents or as shows of intimidation. What abilities these Tusks have though is only known to the Warthogs as such magic hasn't been seen by any other faction due to the Hog's rarity (hhhehehe, I can't help but laugh whenever that word pops up) as a species.

Time to get to a few responses before I have lectures..

1812964>>1813050
By all means, not bad. But not good at the same time. Look at some of the other applicants and consider how much detail was put into their sheets. I'd like a lot more thought put into your respective races, and come back to me with something amazing.

After all, this is about diversifying what people think of the other races in this setting. I cannot accept much but your collective bests! :3

More than enough detail went into the character, and for that I'm impressed. I also see the pattern that lies between all of your characters.

For now, I suppose that's okay. It fits in well with the setting, and is a good use for the Deer's/Doe's.

Should I be surprised you're the only one that's thought to give yourself magical artifacts?

Mmm. A good character. But.

The character is meant to be the leader of a race of Griffons (in this case), not of a small faction of wayfaring sky-pirates. For that reason, I must decline your character.

Hmm.. You provide enough detail on the Donkey race, but a lot is left unsaid. Like the nature and the need of the DPMAC - This seems like something worth expanding on.

And the Grey Wolves of the Turk? What are/were they? Actual wolves? Werewolves?

Get back to me with those details when you can, please.

Seems good so far. I'll see about accepting it for the RP when you can provide the missing details - I've had people that still haven't got back to me about their characters backgrounds even 3 months after the RP started.

Also, for the purposes of my imagination, he looks like this dude -

If you haven't already guessed, New Equstralia is pretty much how I see the Pony version of Australia and New Zealand put together. If you had to put in a time frame, civilization wise they are between the years of 1914 and 1918 (WW1 for those playing at home.)

Turk is a shortened version of Turkey, who's has the Grey Wolf as a national animal :twilightsmile:

Do you want me to just edit the post already there, or resubmit it fixed up?

Here's my attempt #1! I'm in a little rush so it may not be 100% perfect. If there are trouble, I'll edit it later xP

Name: Megalo Lefkó Eráfi
Species: Deer

Appearance:
Tall and lean of build, standing taller than your average pony. He has a chestnut brown coat with an underbelly of a lighter colouration and dark brown eyes that holds a warmth and serenity hardly seen anywhere else.
A large pair of antlers jut up from his skull, displaying the pride and joy of any male deer.

Personality:
Megalo is much like the ol' grandfather type. Despite his preference of solitude over a lot of company he does not hate being together with others and welcomes company so long as it isn't very large gatherings.
He is usually kind but a little quiet, often only speaking when spoken to, though he can easily engage in a conversation if need be.

While primarily a pacifist, he does not shy from using his powers should the need arise. He may use it to show off slightly or simply to bring back life to a place where life has faded. A place where a large number of trees are cut down for example. He is often victim to "tunnel vision," not stopping for anything once he has his eyes on a certain goal. When showing off, if he does it, he may accidentally overdo it and cause a slight accident. What said accident is depends on how he shows off.

Backstory of your character:
Here for a little story time, are we? Well, let me tell you about how I grew up.

I was born in the third tribe to arise after our near extinction centuries ago. We don’t really have a name for it in the common tongue. The closest I can come is Those Who Live the Forest, as it basically means that we live off of the forest and the wild.

My birth was both a happy and a tragic occurrence as my mother died during the birth. Blood loss was the cause I was told. This left me alone with my father and my hateful older brother. My father was one of the people foraging for food, timber, and so on, for our tribe so he wasn't home all that much. The loss of his mate made him come home less and less, spending far more time than was necessary to forage. When I was told how my mother had died, I started to suspect that it was because he didn't want to see me that he stayed out. I was supposed to be raised by my elder brother instead, but the loss of our mother had taken its toll on him as well, and he thought I was to blame for our mother’s untimely death. I got little attention from him and was often left to my own devices, even as an infant.
This lead me to be being raised by several different does from the tribe, all of them trying to fill the void that my mother and neglectful father had created. I deeply appreciated their efforts, and still do, but my life was still almost lonely, but I did not complain. I didn't want to see the ones I would almost consider my mothers be sad. I have instead grown used to the solitude and I quite honestly prefer the silence and serenity of the forest and wilderness. It is calming and pleasant.

When I came of age, I was granted a wish by one of the elders. He had been watching me and seen how my family had been shattered by my mother's death. He told me that I could make one wish, and he would grant it if he could. I had always enjoyed the forest and, having heard of the tales of what our druids could do, asked to be taught in the arts of Druidic magic. The next day I was immediately taken in as a student of one of our arch druids and went to live with him rather than my brother and father, and started studying day and night. I quickly learned how to act as a medium for the will of the world, learned how to connect my mind to that of the natural world and the animals. How to ask them of favours and information of they had it.

That training went on for ten years where I gradually learned more and more until I finally… I guess ponies call it graduated. A normal student would graduate after seven. I... had trouble with the more offensive parts. I was never one for violence, but eventually learned how to utilize the world itself in my defence.

It is ten years since the day I ended my teachings under my honoured teacher, but I still have much to learn on my own. That is why I now follow the leader of our tribe, in the hopes of learning yet more as well as find a way to stop those who defile the nature of all things. The ones calling themselves the Everfree and the Cult of Laughter especially. For I tell you, the war is not lost to us.

Backstory of your race:
Back in the days before the nightmare, the Deer lived in a state almost as balanced as could be for any sapient race. They lived only off of what nature had to offer, never taking a branch for a fire they did not need, never taking a bushes berries if they were not to be eaten or used for a poultice.
Strange as it may seem, the Ponies’ view of the Deer were the correct. They were a peaceful race that lived a Druidic life, in harmony with nature. They primarily lived in the forests but could also be found in the fields. Their society was one primarily without government. It could be compared to a tribal style of living but not quite. They did live in tribes, but while each tribe had a small council of three leaders, the entirety of their race was governed by a larger council that encompassed all leaders from all the tribes. It was done as such to make sure that any trouble could be dealt with peacefully and without fighting.

Never did they have hostile engagements with Gryphon or Kirin, but they were attacked nonetheless. Despite their Druidic magic, they weren't able to fend off the warrior races and were driven to near extinctions. The saying goes that the two warrior races were afraid that the deer would use their “control” over the natural world to bring upon them destruction, and that they acted out of fear for what they might do.

While it is true that their Druidic powers are capable of much destruction, they primarily used it for purposes of healing. As mentioned, they were peaceful and focused more on healing than anything else, both via magic and via natural means such as poultices and other sorts of remedies one could make from the things the wild gave them. Yet they were hunted and killed until only a hoofful was left, and even those were hunted. A few managed to hide and made a tribe together in the attempt to rebuild the species, this time only one leader per tribe..

The centuries has gone by, and the deer are starting to appear in number again. While they are nowhere near their earlier numbers they still have enough to dare make themselves known. The war of the ponies has gone gone unnoticed, and they have now come to the decision that they must act, sending forth emissaries to the Summit of the Unknown.

Everfree - Hates them with ever fibre of his being and will be hard pressed to act with just the tiniest bit of politeness towards them.

Kirin & Gryphons - Savage bastards that care for nothing save slaughter and let their petty fear overcome their logic.

Moon and Star: Their hatred is the same thing that caused my kind to nearly go extinct! They are idiots, the bunch of them. Blind hatred or megalomania will lead you nowhere!

Earthborn: I don't know what to think. They want to destroy the Everfree Forest, and while it is corrupt to some degree, it is still a forest.

Whitegold: Whitegold... They care so much about money that the coins' golden sheen blinds them of the pain the world is in.

The Cult of Laughter: If I could call down a thunderstorm on top of those wretched abominations, living and dead, I would. None of them deserves a place in this world for the atrocities they have committed.

Other:
As a druid, Megalo has little practical magic of his own, but acts as a medium for nature’s own consciousness. Any aspect of nature he can ask to act. The grass can grow at his request, stone shatter and wind blow. Trees may aim slow yet shattering blows at the ones too close, and roots and vein can entangle and hold still the ones they catch.
He may cause a seed to grow with unimaginable speed, cause the needles on a plant to expand to unnatural proportions to pierce armour and bring down foes.

The rarest request he can ask of nature is to sacrifice some of its own energy to heal others. This will result in the weakening or death of plants. The more that needs healing, the larger the area of “death” around him will be. There are also legends of some druids being capable of summoning massive thunderstorms.

He always wears a small pouch with numerous different seeds, each of them having a unique effect when combined with his magic.

Megalo never knew the name of his teacher. The Arch Druid is only ever called by his title, or "Master" or "Teacher" by those whom he teaches.

1815858 1815723
I see an issue with how the races are going t go. Everyone has their own cannon about how the race was made, and won't be willing to change. I have a bad feeling abut this... Partly becuase of my fellow species member...

This is looking pretty damn interesting.
Although I know I haven't been too active lately, I still wanted to make a character in this game for fun, especially in the case that I find more free time!:pinkiesmile:

Name: Typhus
Species: Changeling (Autonomiam)

Appearance: A sleek Changeling of a slightly larger build from what you would find in a full grown pony. His membrane “mane” and wings shine a sickly gold color and his eyes give off a green tint that is just a shade heavier than what you would find in the eyes of a typical Drone.

Personality: Cool, collected, and ultimately smug. Typhus speaks with a firm voice that can sound professional and business like one moment and instantly become charged and emotional the next, revealing his unlikely penchant for oratory skills. Nearly always in control of his own emotions, Typhus gives off a tranquil demeanor that bellies a hidden ruthlessness and hunger that can be expected of an infiltrator.
His penchant for immersing himself into the societies of foreign races has engendered a love for exploration and what some might consider anthropology. However, his academic pursuits always come secondary to his more militant duties to his hive and his honorable queen Chitinus. Typhus is extremely loyal to his queen and his hive and is intent on advancing the interests of both whichever way he can.

Backstory: Born amongst the already comparatively individualistically minded Changelings of Queen Chitinus,Typhus was one of the rare Changelings who was capable of completely independent thought. For this reason, he was from an early age drilled to lead other members of his kind in the name of his glorious queen.

After being thoroughly trained in the art of stealth and subterfuge, he was given command over a dozen of Changeling Infiltrators and ordered to strike out Eastward to the Zebran Desert. For years, Typhus worked with his band of infiltrators, immersing himself into various Zebran trade caravans, forging friendships, contracts, and occasionally marriages, all so that he and his forces could capture poor Zebras to drag back to his hive.

It was because of the advanced social skills he displayed in manipulating members of the Zebra tribes that he was chosen by his superiors to represent the newly formed Changeling Empire at this Grand Summit to the far north. Typhus stoically and loyally accepted the role laid out for him as a diplomat, although in truth he was incredibly ecstatic at being granted such a role to play. Not only was he given a fantastic chance to further his people’s future, but he would also receive the chance to visit and study all manner of races he had never known existed!

Backstory of the Changeling Race: The beginning of the Changeling race is shrouded in myth and superstition. Whether or not the Changelings existed since the dawn of creation, or they are the product of some ancient curse or calamity is largely unknown. What is known is that the Changelings are a very magical race of beings that have been universally distrusted and feared for its vampiric need to feed on emotion to survive.

Changeling society is based around the hive. A hive is a huge structure that supports an entire society of Changelings. It is where nearly all Changelings live, work ,and breed, and it can be seen as a city of sorts. A hive can be constructed anywhere, although most hives are currently situated in the Wastelands where few other creatures roam save for the most savage. Some believe that the Changelings were pushed into the Wastelands by other races over time, much like how most magical monsters in Equestria are confined to the Everfree. Others speculate that the Wastelands was once home to a beautiful and mighty kingdom until it fell under a dark spell that damned it along with the Changeling race.

The Changeling Race is currently divided between three different Hives; manipulative Hive Chrysalis, massive Hive Grey Monarch, and Militant Hive Chitinus. The Changeling Queens traditionally distrusted one another and occasionally even warred with each other. However, with Equestria reduced to a state of civil war and chaos, the Changeling Queens have decided that they should put aside their differences for the time being and work together as one empire. Under the leadership of its three Queens, the Changeling Empire hopes to take advantage of the state Equestria is in to secure a better future for the Changeling Race while furthering the ambitions of the Changeling Queens.

Prejudices

Zebras: Ah yes the Zebra Tribes. A fascinating civilization of traders and desert dwellers, I’m actually rather fond of them. It’s a shame their society isn’t larger and more developed as it would give us more of a reason to conquer their lands and enslave their peoples.

House Earthborn: This lumbering giant is perhaps the only force that poses a threat to my race, but it is far too concerned with fighting its own brothers and sisters than it is in dealing with anything else. From what I understand, the Earthborn have many fertile lands and great teeming masses of ponies. That this is all mobilized for war must certainly mean that the house is capable of creating a great deal of devastation.

House Everfree: I know very little of these forest tribes, but a fellow Autonomiam once told me that they are a varied race made up of various small hives that aren’t above arguing with one another. However, these tribes all appear to be neatly held together by a particularly fierce queen, which is admirable in itself.

Cult of Laughter: What little I know of this cult intrigues me. They appear to be a fairly cohesive group whose gifts at infiltration rival our own! What I would give to meet one of these ponies…

House Stormwing: The most warlike of the warring pony houses, this house is deserving of respect in my opinion. Their adherence to ancient traditions and customs appear to give them the strength they need to take on their rival houses. I sometimes wonder if my own race possessed such a storied past as these pegasi claim to have.

House Whitegold: Materialistic and manipulative, I believe this house is more dangerous than most would give them credit for. I have often heard that the great city of Manehattan can support a kingdom all on its own. I would like to infiltrate this city myself one day, and perhaps see it support my own hive.

House Moon and Star: the great magical race of unicorns, who practice all manner of arcane arts. I have heard that Queen Chrysalis has been obsessing over them ever since her hive’s failed invasion all those years ago. Well it is very important that one learns from past mistakes lest we are doomed to repeat them, and it is likely only a matter of time before Canterlot is laid under siege once more.

Other: Tyhpus is capable of adopting all manner of guises and can uncannily mimic beings he has only just recently met. He is also a fairly adept combatant and tactician, although his tactics mostly favor ambushes and guerilla warfare and not long drawn out engagements.

I can't really tell what you mean by seeing a pattern that lies between all of my OCs. Color me interested. I will admit that half of my OCs hide a lot, and another good section of them are looking for redemption, may it be for themselves or their race, but I can't draw a line between ones like Magnolia, Percival, and Lucid. They being a zombie mercenary reanimated from a three century old corpse, an old cancerous stallion with a bad history of drugs, and a schizophrenic griffon that watched his world burn and could do nothing to stop it, respectfully. Then there are ones like Sweet Leaf the stoner, the pure evil “The Bug”, Free Spirit the innocent foal, and to defy all rules there was Cutie. Who was a two inch tall Doom imp, that ate cigarette butts, cracked jokes at Maggy and RP-Trixie’s expense all the time and s frth.

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just curious. Where is this commonality?

Two words: Purple eyes.

Hmm. Lemme see.

I have a few problems - One being that we already have a person controlling the Deer population. This wouldn't be much of a problem in a normal case - In a race so unknown, there's bound to be some members that separate and form two groups.

No, my problem is that there isn't enough variation between the two characters.
- Both of them are "the size of the Sun God".
- Both have a light brown coat.
- Both have a similar demeanour - Quiet but firm if threatened.

Do you get my point?

Another problem is that your backstory is full of overdone tropes. :3
- Strengthened by parental figure's death
- Raised by sibling
- A "ticking timebomb"
- Prefers not to use destructive magic, but has an extraordinary capability of using it anyway.

He's one broken eggshell away from becoming an evil villain.

Alright, Changelings. I'm expecting a lot for the best race in existence.

Well, I can't find much fault in the sheet itself. It's detailed enough, but not exuberantly so. It has an unnecessary amount of detail on the prejudices list, but that's nothing I can fault you for.

I'll give it a big ol' acceptance, unless you would be interested in fleshing out some of the areas - Like the part on the Changeling race itself. It seems too much like a stock explanation.

I meant "What are the Grey Wolves" in terms of species. Like, were they a rogue faction of daffodil ponies, or were they just your bog-standard Donkey rebels?

Also, the use of the term "Turks" is a bit unimaginative, so use a different name if you would. Otherwise, we know you just ripped it off somewhere else. And that's plagiarism. Dat's bad.

If you just edit your post, give me a notification when you do. Otherwise, just post it here again.

OTHER EYE COLORS ARE THE MARK OF INFERIOR AND STUPID CREATURES!

Also, think that we are rolling with the idea that all coat colors of deers are the same.

Nah. Just by going with "real life", deer have different colour schemes. In fact, doe's are usually of brighter colours than their male equivalent.

((Your character))

Meanwhile, male deer are usually of more greyed-out colouring.

((Kap's character. Derpy picture used on purpose.))

well thanks for the info, when I have time I will expand (will be this weekend)

Kickass!
Was there anything in particular you thought was missing from the Race Backstory?

Well here is the second take (I know it lacks the personal history, will make it later)

I based the Alpacas in the Inca Empire

I’m basing the Alpaca in the Inca Empire
Name: Killa Churi (Son of the New Moon) (New Moon as in Lunar Phase)
Species: Alpaca
Appearance:

Personality:
Somewhat apathetic and always appears to be bored but when needed he can get serious. When talking to another pony/alpaca/whatever it seems that he isn't paying attention, that works in his favor as most of his potential enemies don't consider him a threat. Above all he is the best military strategist and tactician the Alpacas had in the last 50 years but falls short comparing to his legendary predessesors.
Back-story of your character:
Killa Churi was born in a small but relatively powerful noble family. While growing up he started to get interested in military affairs. As soon as he got to age he joined the military and by the years he managed to get to the rank of Guaranga Kamayuk (Colonel). In this position he managed to stop three raids of the Nhorse and a coup against the Inka.

His greatest achievement would come with the defeat of Nhorse leader Ölland. ölland was a rarity, instead of charging directly to the Alpaca¿s cities, he prepared, trained and armed his army tbe able to take over the Alpaca's Frontier Fortresses.

When the news arrived of Ölland first skirmishes, Killa Churi was the one chosen to stop Ölland's army until reinforcements could arrive. Knowing that reinforcements could take to long Killa Churi decided to face Ölland in battle. Said battle killed of most of Killa's army but he managed to kill Ölland and force the Nhorse to retreat.

A few months later the Inka died without having any sons. In such condition the elders decided to choose the new Inka. After months of deliberation they chose Killa as the new Inka.

Now just starting his reign he must face the hardest times in his kingdom history.
Back-story of your race:
The alpacas had always some kind of problem, divisions and war between old clans and now they have to deal with the Nhorse and the war in Equestria (and all the political and economic problems that cause).

At the start the alpacas were divided in small clans warring against each and the llamas other for the limited resources in the mountains. While the Llamas started a nomad style of living the Alpacas finally were united by a small clan that used both politics and in the later stages military might.

Instead of suppressing and enslaving the other clans, he gave some of the nobles of those clans a position of power to show them that he wasn’t going to eliminate them. It worked.

It was after a few decades that the llamas finally returned for the first time since the war. Eager to get some of the trinkets the Llamas gained in their trades outside the mountains, the alpacas approached with and offer. Llamas could enter the cities to trade with the Alpacas while the Llamas gained more items to trade that they couldn’t make without a permanent home.

It was then when they began to expand. The 5th Inka decided to make a great restructuration in the Alpaca society and military. While there was some resistance those changes gave the Alpacas more strength, the necessary to expand its borders.

After 8 years of military campaign the Alpacas forged themselves a new kingdom.

Then they contacted the Nhorse nad all went to hell. The failing raids of the Nhorse made the Alpacas isolationist. Now the Llamas are the only source of information they have and as the llamas trade with almost everybody they know at least the existence of every faction (basically they know that every faction exist but they don’t have hard information, for example they know that the Changelings exist but they don’t know where the hell are their territories)

Now with the civil war in Equestria the Alpacas have even made themselves more isolationists. Now with the summit in place only time will say if the Alpacas continue their expansion or if they will perish in their mountain cities.

• Stormwing: Bastards of the worse kind! Hypocritical Bastards! They talk about honor and such but with the allies they have I would not be surprised that everybody hates them, Griffons and Nhorse constantly raid us and our Llama cousins, can’t wait to have enough power to crush them, specially that dammed Nhorse.

• Moon and Star: They believe that this “Celestia” and “Luna” controlled the sun and the moon, what a great stupidity. Worse they try to force everyone to believe that apart from enslaving everyone that isn’t a specific type of pony, if I remember correctly. In few words they are a big danger.

• Earthborn: They depredate their resources without thinking about the future and while the engineering levels are commendable they aren’t going to work in our mountains, apart that they ahev a tendency to explode in their faces.

• Cult of Laughter: Everyone says they are crazy and that they are to be exterminated. Better follow that same thinking because if everyone says that same thing it must be true.

• Everfree: They are barbarians, nothing more I will say.

• Whitegold: Many Llamas have lost everything while trading with ponies of this house that is a wakeup call for us that says “they can’t be trusted”

• Deers: Old stories talk about tribes of this species, although they are thought to be extinct we can’t deny the possibility that they survived.

• Changelings: Had a few “deals” with them, most of those "deals" ended with some dead, they can’t be trusted.

• Llamas: our nomad cousins, they will be always well received in our lands. To say the truth I’m jealous of all the things they get from their migrations and trades, the things they get are extremely rare in the mountains and also that they don’t have to deal with the Nhorse

• Bat Ponies: Odd Nocturnal ponies. Once I found a cave with a colony of them, decent guys really. I they want to join we will gladly accept them.

• Warthogs: The really need to learn about guarding resources and not consume them in one go, if they want our lands they will have to fight for them.

• Goats: In all my years there are only four species really made for the mountains. The Griffon bastards, us the Alpacas, our cousins the Llamas and the final are the goats. Crafty little bastards they can be a pain the flank most of the time. Luckily they aren’t more interested in fighting us that us fighting them.

• Minotaurs: If half of the things I have heard about them are true, they are nothing more than a group of barbarians.

• Cows: There are some whispers that they want to stop being pushed by everyone, still not my problem

• Zebras: The few things I have heard about them from captured Nhorse and Griffons is that they are good at hiding. Nothing more than cowards if you ask me

• Saddle Arabians: Some travelers like to speak about the wonders of saddle Arabia and while constructing a civilization in a desert is commendable, when they make a fortress in the peak of a mountain then I will be impressed.

• Kirins: Heard one time about them and the only thing I heard about them is that they are dying. Not my Problem

• Griffins: While they don’t attack us, they have the nasty habit of raiding Llamas convoys; still at least they have some decency and don’t try to attack the Llamas in our territories.

Military:
The Alpaca military have three strengths, a fast and efficient communication and supply system, great numbers and a professional army that can be quickly reinforced with a very well trained militia.
Still every army have defiencies, they can’t stand frontal battles with most of the main Equestrian houses as they lack modern armor by the house standards, they also have hard time adapting to low altitude and the final is that they depend or their road system to get supplies.

Culturally the Alpacas are very religious and use extended families as the base for society.

The Alpacas don’t have written language but use the Quipu http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quipu to keep records.

In the religious they venerate the Sun and the Moon as many other minor deities. One of the more important are the Apu, literally the mountain they live in. As such depredating resources and destroying forests or other natural enclaves are bad viewed

Agriculture is by far the most important activity for the alpacas and is a priority that agricultural communities are well protected from raids. Laos to gain more land from the mountains the Alpacas use Andenes.

Image doesn't work/doesn't show up.

Comment posted by doorcf deleted Sep 24th, 2013

changed image

That picture...

thats an alpaca for you

forgot to mension that in spring they razor themeselves...?:rainbowhuh: and use their own wool to make clothes?!:pinkiecrazy:

strange ain't it?

wel it have an explanation in spring they don't need all that wool in spring-summer and when it is autumn-winter the wool grows again to protect them from the cold

First, both of those deer are bucks, not that it really matters I just know that someone else didn't know that.

The first looks to be only weeks old. The fact that some actually got a picture of it means that this a captive deer, my guess is somewhere nice that they would want a cute picture of a fawn maybe a zoo. The second, judging from the horns and look of it, is reaching death of old age. This one is also clearly a mule deer, as apposed to the the first one being a white-tail. The second deer, I would guess, is also in captivity, but not as nice of a place as the first. Maybe a farm or something of the nature.

As a deer ages it's coat becomes darker, this is because of dirt and and general ware. It looks like the first was washed for it's photo, and the second was taken at the spur of the moment. So in conclusion, if you were to age the fawn by one year, letting it lose it's spots, and clean the second, I a sure that their coats would be very similar.

Also, I have never seen this gender inconstancy before. I have seen dozens of does and bucks standing right next to one another and can say that this statement is false.

Please do not tell me about deer. I know about deer.

Esteem_punk
Group Contributor

As an individual who spent the better part of a year working with alpacas not so long ago, I find myself having a love/hate relationship with this thread. :pinkiecrazy:

wait a minute!:rainbowhuh:

you are from Peru?:rainbowkiss:

Esteem_punk
Group Contributor

Oh, if only my story was so interesting~ No, I am not. I live in Pennsylvania, about an hour north of Pittsburgh. The Alpaca Farm that I worked on was an in-between jobs sort of deal. They paid enough to keep me out of debt with my bills, so that sort of became my life for the better part of a year or so.

Oh, I could go on all day about Alpacas. I'm no expert - not by a long shot - but I can give a few general pointers...

1) These things spit. If they're upset or excited or mad, or otherwise just feel like ruining your clean shirt. When they're mad, though, hooooo boy keep clear. They go straight up Dovahkiin on your flank with the amount of spit that they'll shoot at your face.

2) Alpacas can pack a heck of a punch. They're fluffy and, some would argue, cute...but an Aplaca's cloven hooves are more or less the natural equivalent of Ezio's hidden blade. Okay, maybe not that bad, but they were capable of breaking skin without any real effort at all, even right through denim. I never got kicked hard enough to cause any scars, but I was there when one of the Alpacas landed a good hit on a Vietnam vet who worked on the same farm. Such colorful language that was spoken at such a high volume~

3) Alpaca wool sells for a LOT of money. It's warmer than sheep wool, not nearly as scratchy, easier to work with, highly water resistant and hypoallergenic. It's actually technically all hair, not wool, but details.

4) Baby alpacas are adorable. End of story.

5) Alpacas prefer flight to fight, needless to say. They'll kick you if they see you as a thread, but this is not how they fight one another. Instead of rearing up and kicking or bucking or biting, Alpacas will twist their necks around other alpacas' necks in a display of dominance or in a fight. Lots of spit happens at times like these, bring an umbrella.

6) Alpacas have some of the most efficient digestive systems currently known in mammals. They can survive very easily on a relatively small amount of food and water, so long as we are talking about soft grasses, alfalfa, et cetera. However, this does come with the drawback that they have a harder time digesting harder foods that other animals eat regularly and in mass. For example, hay is horse food, and alpaca bedding. Alpacas cannot digest hay and will outright refuse to even try.

Umm...I could keep going, but I'm trying to keep this at least somewhat related to things you might need to know in an RP setting. I know nobody asked 'can you tell us more', but there is your answer anyway!

Well, I just lost whatever edits and additions I was making to my entry.

Thanks computer, I can always count on you to be there when I need you.

You should upgrade to a magic based society, and ditch that crappy computer technology.

Oh god, the spitting.. And I thought some breeds of Dog were bad at that.

Err... The Griffins consider Alpaca's decent (a feat in itself) and leave them alone. It's the Lamas that they have a problem with. It's a bit difficult for me to see the Alpaca's hating the Griffins in that scenario and caring about the Lamas to begin with. Like the OP said, they prefer solitude and probably wouldn't give a toss-or even be aware, about the Lama's plight.

Keep your magic, we have Robots.

And you can keep your metal men. We have this.

Esteem_punk
Group Contributor

OH. That was the other one I forgot to mention. Kind of a big one...

7) Alpacas are bred primarily for their coats, but are also commonly used for their meat. Which is, allegedly, very tasty and quite good for you. It's actually a delicacy in many countries. It is, frankly, doubtful that they would be too buddy-buddy with any omnivorous or carnivorous races unless there was a darn good reason to be. Protection, maybe? most likely, because...

8) Alpacas fail something awful as beasts of burden. Their close relatives, the llamas, are by and large the preferred animal for carrying loads over distances. Alpacas are, comparatively, weak and can sometimes be on the lazy side. Stubborn as bricks at times.

GIVEN that this is in a fantasy setting with talking pastel colored ponies as the dominate race on in the known world, I wouldn't over-think any of what I have given you. Much of it is easily hand-waved with treaties (for point 7) and military training (for point 8) and so on.

And done, there we are Man Gell! All better now!

well the alpacas and llamas are cousins alpacas get information and other things from distant lands thanks to the llamas so they don't like that the griffins attack the llamas (they lose a lot of potencial trade items in the raids) . So basically they care about the llamas purely because of economic reasons.

1818283>>1818894

aww, so much to hope for a fellow peruvian:ajsleepy:

still thanks for the info of the alpacas

and about baby alpacas*dies of cuteness overload*

Hope I'm not too late!

Name: Oleander Blossom

Species: Zony (Pony side is a Unicorn)

Coat/Eyes/Mane/Cutie Mark: Her cutie mark is a furled black rose, the head of which is pointing down and to the left, the other end, in place of a stem, is a gleaming spear, it's edges worn, yet enduring. Her mane is striped and upright, like that of a zebra, however the white portions possess an iridescent silver luster which glows softly in moonlight, the stripes continue down roughly halfway down her body, wreathing themselves around her legs, the silver gleam lingering behind once the stripes fade into a dull, lifeless gunmetal grey.
She has sapphire eyes which give off the effect of a dulled gem, and a youthful naivete crushed by the weight of reality.
Like many with zebra blood, she wears several necklaces and magical wards for confrontations with powerful unicorns or darker, more sinister magics.
Owing to racial bullying in her youth, she’s missing several teeth, which have since been replaced with razor sharp metal ones.

Special Talent: Her talents lie in the area of brewing potions and the like from unusual herbs, and by extension, attempting a glimpse into the more obscure side of things, for one never knows when some foresight may come in handy. Owing to the spear portion of her cutie mark, sharp pointy things she finds quite enjoyable to mess around with, and fight with if necessary.

Affiliation: Princess Luna had, and always will have, her undying admiration and loyalty.

Personality: Oleanders general disposition varies greatly depending on with whom she is conversing, or otherwise interacting. If the pony/zebra/griffon/dragon/miscellaneous sentient being is one she considers a close friend, she is very carefree and spirited, almost naive, constantly humming and asking questions, much like a young foal on their first trip outside the homestead. However, if her company is unfamiliar, she is very guarded and tight-lipped, responding with merely a yes or no, and keeps all at an arms(Legs?) length.

Other: Ever since both her mother and father were taken from her by Earthborn, and Moon&Star respectively, she has been scouring the land for some way to contact them in the afterlife, if only to actually say goodbye. In addition, she has a nasty habit of destroying bars, alcohol and mares with cyclothymia apparently do not mix well.

Back-story: Born in a small earth pony town in what is now the heart of Earthborn territory, to a unicorn mother and zebra father, Oleander Blossoms life was bumpy from the start. It had taken a small miracle for the xenophobic and nervous town to accept her father and pregnant mother, and had her mother not had such a way with words and healing magic, they very well might have frozen to death in the cold winter that was about to overtake them. Blossom would've grown up in the town like any other filly, were it not for the fact that she was not only a non earth pony, but she was half unicorn and half zebra? Blasphemy! She grew up hating the town, and its many swarming children, pestering her all day with rocks and racial taunts, but she never took the bait, always keeping her eyes on the horizon and her saddlebags shut tight.

Then it all changed the day the princesses vanished, chaos shook the town, and any racist or xenophobic thoughts that had surely buried themselves over the years were re-awoken, the villagers needed somepony to blame it on, and they had themselves a prime culprit. Luckily, Blossoms fathers thoughts came to the same conclusion as the townsponies, and he grabbed his wife and foal and made a run for it in the chaos. Wandering the country as the factions took form, and defined themselves, Blossoms mother lived in a state of constant terror at the thought of losing her horn, and what might happen to her young filly should they be captured, while her father kept them constantly marching, not eager to be caught by any faction.

Eventually the day they had feared came to pass, an Earthborn patrol spotted them and gave chase, Blossom and her parents never stood a chance, they were run into the ground, and her mother taken from her in the most brutal way imaginable. By some stroke of luck, they decided against removing her horn, instead taking something else from her while her father was forced to watch. The fact that she recovered still amazes her to this day.
After such a traumatic event most families would bind themselves closer together in an attempt to stay strong, not so with hers, barely a few weeks after her mothers murder, she and her father broke apart, both drifting about the land, trying to find their niche in the new Equestria. Blossom wandered around, taking odd jobs and performing what seemed like miracle healings to the ponies who had never had cause to learn the medicinal properties of herbs and other wild plants.

One day on her wanderings, she noticed a small trader caravan under attack by Moon&Star forces, curious, she decided to investigate, but never found out the cause of the raid, seeing how upon further inspection she saw her nearly forgotten father shielding the Earth pony trader with his body, soaking up extraordinary amounts of punishment with his tall, lanky frame. She never had a chance to even call his name, he probably didn't even see her, but she will never forget the image of him slumping lifeless to the ground, and the traders own dying screams.

After that she returned to her aimless wandering, her mind a wreck, only thought to survive. Eventually she followed a group of mercenaries into the city of Whitegold, where she accepted a contract acting as a bodyguard, and from then on her life was much the same, only spiced up with periods of extreme violence and tension between houses.

Back story of Race: Zony's are a misunderstood breed. They didn't ask to be born and scandalized as freaks and abominations. And yet, they are among the most heavily judged. Why a half unicorn-half zebra is as bad as a changeling to some ponies is completely inexplicable; why a zony must stand outside, or sit by the door while her pony friends enjoy the warmth of the hearth is one of the many unanswerable questions a zony must deal with. Even a regular zeba is treated better than a zony, at least they don't dare to mix the blood of two species. (I'll finish this when I have time, is this good enough for now?)

Esteem_punk
Group Contributor

There's a good chance that you know plenty about them that i do not. Given that the people I work with on a day to day basis are almost exclusively American, most of them don't even know what an Alpaca is. :rainbowlaugh:

Sorry to get your hopes up about being from Peru :pinkiesad2: It's a country I've always wanted to visit, if that counts for anything. No? Well, that's all I've got. :pinkiecrazy:

[GASP~ So... Awesome :rainbowkiss: Going to make a application when I have time c:]

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 141