Equestria Divided 707 members · 52 stories
Comments ( 27 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 27

For once I'm not going to go into details on how my mind came up with this, and I'll just cut to the chase.

Who thinks that someone should make a pen and paper of Equestria Divided?

You know, like how we have like five Fallout Equestria ones (and I'm not kidding, there's at least five systems last time I checked), basically to provide a fantasy type setting (at least I think Divided would be considered fantasy, in the basic sword and sorcery type, feel free to correct me) to go with the post-apocalyptic one that Fallout Equestria has.

So, any opinions?

Personally, I think that a typical D20 system not unlike D&D would work.

Main questions would be things like the classes provided, stats, racial differences, ability's, equipment, so on and so forth.

So, who likes this idea? Because I'd gladly play it, and I'd be willing to help if anyone else wanted to try and see what could be put together.

I'd play it but I got no brony to play with here

Internet my friend, that's how I run my FoE game.

Besides, we're just working out actually making it for now, actually playing comes later first you need concepts on the mechanics.

not too long ago I met up with some guys here on ED and we hashed out a pretty interesting system.
lemme see if the links are still there

4175863 yeah good luck with that hit me up when you need a weapon list.... also I don't have Google documents and I'm on a Kindle form 2007 so yeah.... net not my friend for anything other then looking at picture or typing stories on site. Also how you keep them from cheating on there roles?

4175810 My experience with pen and paper role play is rather limited, but it's definitely an interesting concept, and I'd definitely be interested in participating. That said, my experience is, again, limited, so there's not much that I can suggest without at least two hours of research. I will at least say, however, that the d20 system is solid.

:pinkiesmile: : I wonder how I can help with this...

:pinkiesad2: : 'Cause I've never had any experience of pen & paper role playing first hand, 4175810..!

:facehoof: : Better check the whole thing out then...

:twilightsmile: : Oh and by the way: remember, no RPs...

:applejackunsure: : Yep, as I had expected, too much information. I'm not sure if this would help...

/ - - Celestial Knight
/- Legionnaire - - - - - - - - - / - - Lunar Knight
/- Marksmage
Magister - - - - - - - - - -l
\- Inquisitor
\- Scientist

/- Cannoneer
Engineer - - - - - - - - - -l
\- Pyrotech

/- Wind Rider
/- Lancer
Hoplite - - - - - - - - - -l
\- Thunderer
\- Stormbringer

/- Arqueteer
/- Nighthoof
/- Bandit
Mercenary - - - - - - - - - -l
\- Gem Wizard
\- Siren
\- Mirror Mage

/- Wraith
/- Druid
Wildling - - - - - - - - - -l
\- Alchemist
\- Tamer

/- Smiling Doll Minstrel
/- Toymaker
/- Necromancer
Reveler - - - - - - - - - -l
\- Euphorie
\- Jester
\- Harlequine

:twilightsmile: : Less like a Class System, more like a Job System. Would this work..?

Smiling Doll is less a Class upgrade and more a 'If you piss of the Cult of Laughter enough, they'll turn you into an abomination' kind of deal. Sort of like going Chaos Spawn.

The rest seems legit.

There is a Pony based brew for Pathfinder which has rules do most of the tech and most of the stuff.

You need not even make custom races or classes, but it can be done.

It depends really.

I love rpgs of the pen and paper variety, and Pony-finder or Pathfinder seems up to the job or 5e DnD.

Starting a new system from scratch soul be ever time consuming. Let me do some things.

And post a example of play.

:twilightsheepish: : . . . I agree, 4176278 , forgot that they technically don't have a mind of their own....

:twilightsmile: : Let's see if I can figure what to replace that soon to be empty space...

Here are some Ponyfinder Rules I found in a blog post, I am sure more are collected else where.

But since ED is darker and a bit more "powerful" in certain points, I will be using less of those, and more standard stuff...and given that it has been a long while since I played Cesare, I will make him as I see him. The races of Equestria Divided however might be a custom job, everyone seems much more unique and pulp...would say that everyone would be more along the line of 30Race Point builds due to their various difference in Pony alone.

Here are what I see Griffins being stated as.

Griffins
Griffins are a eclectic tribe of avian-felines that live to the north of Equestria, a collection of kingdoms, autocratic republics, and various other concerns, they watch the brewing wars of their sourthern neighbors with both greed and aprehension.

Physical Description: They look like Griffins

Standard Racial Traits
Ability Score Racial Traits: Griffins gain +2 Dex and +2 Int
Type: Griffins are Monstrous Humanoids.
Size: Griffins are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Speed: Griffins have a base speed of 30 feet.They also have a fly speed of 70 feet with perfect maneuverability.
Languages: Griffins begin play speaking Common. Griffins with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic).
Defense Racial Traits

Fearless: Griffins have a +2 racial bonus on all saving throws against fear effects.
Cat's Luck: Once per day, when a griffin makes a Reflex saving throw, it can roll the saving throw twice and take the better result. It must decide to use this ability before attempting the saving throw.
Mountain-Born: Griffins have a +2 racial bonus on Acrobatics checks made to cross narrow ledges and on saving throws against altitude fatigue and sickness
Feat and Skill Racial Traits

Nimble Attacks Griffins receive Weapon Finesse as a bonus feat.
Magical Racial Traits

Movement Racial Traits

Offense Racial Traits

Natural Weapons: Griffins have a gore primary natural attack that deals 1d6 damage.
Natural Weapons: Griffins have a wings secondary natural attack that deals 1d4 damage.
Natural Weapons: Griffins have a bite primary natural attack that deals 1d3 damage.
Natural Weapons: Griffins have two claw attacks that deal 1d4 damage. These are primary natural attacks.
Senses Racial Traits

Darkvision: Griffins can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
Weakness Racial Traits

Other Racial Traits

Prehensile Tail: Griffins have a long, flexible tail that can be used to carry objects. They cannot wield weapons with their tails, but they can retrieve small, stowed objects carried on their persons as a swift action.

I will be making a Custom Race, and his class will be a two class gestalt, Rogue/Gunslinger level 11 given the abilities he has displayed so far. Most of the Caravan I would have put in that high level. While the characters were reputationless to a point, they all are masters in chosen fields or survivors beyond compare. Capable of handling most "mooks" with ease.

Though there probably is some mechanics I am missing due to the game going on hiatus, this would be a 60% to 70% accurate representation of Cesare De Sauveterre I think. Though maybe I have the rose tinted goggles, so I might have to dial it back to perhaps level 6. Depending...but a level 11 character seems right, given what everyone seems able to do in memory.

25 Epic Fantasy Point Buy for Stats. The Formatting is bad, but this is what I "natural"(meaning clothingless, itemless) Cesare would be stated as.

Magic items and such seem uncommon, so when equipped he will probably be only equipped with mundane and masterwork items.

Potions seem much more common, but that would be the domain of more 'magically' endowed characters

When properly equipped, he should be able to strike and kill and heal very well. At +20 Heal when equipped with a med kit and surgeon's tools, and with a full attack of...if I recall the rules right.

Assuming he is wielding a normal knife, a normal pistol, is full equipped in Plague Leathers and Mask, and is up close and really investing to kill something.

He'd be doing the below, if Hunter's Surprise(Add Sneak Attack Damage for one turn, once per day) is on.

Summary, if all hits and max damage is dealt, he'd do...41 damage base, adding five sneak attacks...so 5(36), equals 180 damage?

So best case, he'd be doing 221 to 227 damage to one person...hmm...might have made him too powerful...but given something like a Smiling Doll would be a Golem of some sort, and those things can have triple digit HP, this might actually be fair, given this would be his once a day super attack.

Sneak attack damage would only be on if he were flanking, or a opponent would be flat footed or otherwise in a certain condition. So in a one on one straight up fight, he'd be doing around 47 damage max. Fighting in tandem, and giving him the ability to use sneak attack can be flavored as him having enough space to use that medical knowledge of his to do things.

With some tinkering, something like this could easily become a Smiling Doll.

Though it might be too big. So drop a size category and add some abilities maybe.
Let me use this Dice Roller to generate a sample attack against this hypothetical Smiling Doll, using Cesare's once a day best full attack.

Result is enemy is dead. But this might be a bad example to use, since this is Challenge Rating 7, and challenge rating is determined by average party level +1. So as a LvL 11 character, I am 4 levels higher then the Challenge Rating because the average party level is 11.

Attack Rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4798667/
--Results: 19, 16, 23, 20, 30, 19
---Miss, Miss, Hit, Hit, Hit, Miss
---Dagger, Pistol, Gore

Damage Rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4798676/
Results: 29, 38, 16
Total: 83

Primary Talon/Claw/Hoof/Hand
+15, Dagger against Full AC, 1d4+1 Damage, Sneak Attack 6d6
+10, Dagger against Full AC, 1d4+1 Damage, Sneak Attack 6d6
+05, Dagger against Full AC, 1d4+1 Damage, Sneak Attack 6d6

Off-Talon/Claw/Hoof/Hand
+15, Pistol Shot against Touch AC, 1d8+4 damage, Sneak Attack 6d6
-May use Deadly Aim, take -3 Penalty for +6 damage

Natural Primary Attacks
Claws are holding weapons, so null
Bite is under a mask, so null
Gore, Plague Mask might provide equipment stats, assuming upgrade to d8 due to pointed mask tip.
+15 Gore against Full AC, 1d8+1 damage, Sneak Attack 6d6

Natural Secondary Attacks
Wings, assuming one would want to risk that.
+10 Wing against Full AC, 1d4+1 damage, Sneak Attack 6d6

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name :Cesare De Sauveterre Gender:Male
Race :Griffin Height:???
Class :GS/R Weight:???lb
Variant : Age :40s-50s
Level :11 Hair :Black and Gray, Highlights
MAX HP :10d10 Eyes :Green
CUR HP : Speed :30 Land, 70FT Flying, Perfect M.
ABILITY ABILITY 2 Points 4,8
SCORE MOD
STR : 12 : 1 :
DEX : 16 : 4 : +2 from Race, +1
CON : 10 : 0 :
INT : 13 : 3 : +2 from Race, +1
WIS : 16 : 3 :
CHA : 10 : 0 :
Total Armr Shld Dex Misc Nimble Dodge
Full : 18 = 10 + 0 + 0 + 04 + 0 + 3 + 1 +
AC : 18 = 10 + 0 + 0 + 04 + 0 + 3 + 1 +
Touch : 18 = 10 + xxx + xxx + 04 + 0 + 3 + 1 +
FlatFoot: 14 = 10 + 0 + 0 + xxx + 0 + 3 + 1 +
Mobility: 22 = 10 + 0 + 0 + 04 + 0 + 3 + 5 +
Total Dex Misc
Init : 8 = 4 + 4(+2 Gunslinger's Initiative, +2 Reactionary)
Base Total Base Dex Misc | Base Total Base Dex Misc
Melee : +15 = 11 + 4 + | Range : +15 = 11 + 4 +

Base Attack Bonus : +11, +6, +1
Combat Total Base Str Misc | Mnvr Total Base Str Dex Misc
Mnvr : +12 = 11 + 1 + x | Defense: +16 = 11 + 1 + 4 +
SAVES Total Base Ability Misc
Fort : 07 = 7 + 0 +
Refl : 11 = 7 + 4 +
Will : 06 = 3 + 3 +
SPECIAL ABILITIES / FEATS / RACIAL / TRAITS

Gunslinger 11:

Gunsmithing

Deeds, Grit: 3
All Base

Nimble: +3 AC

Gun Training 1: Early? Pistol?
Gun Training 2: Early? Musket?

Rogue 11:
Sneak Attack: +6d6
Trapfinding
Evasion
Improved uncanny dodge
Trap Sense +3

Rogue Talents: 4 Basic, 1 Advanced
Stand Up
Deft Palm
Underhanded
Hard Minded
Hunter's Surprise

--
LV1:Quick Draw
LV3:Dodge
LV5:Deft Shootist Deed
LV7:Deadly Aim
LV9:Point Blank Shot
Lv11:Signature Deed, Bleeding

GS4:Mobility
GS8:Two Weapon Fighting

Race, Griffin

Darkvision: 60ft

Fearless: Griffins have a +2 racial bonus on all saving throws against fear effects.

Cat's Luck: Once per day, when a griffin makes a Reflex saving throw, it can roll the saving throw twice and take the better

result. It must decide to use this ability before attempting the saving throw.

Mountain-Born: Griffins have a +2 racial bonus on Acrobatics checks made to cross narrow ledges and on saving throws

against altitude fatigue and sickness

Nimble Attacks Griffins receive Weapon Finesse as a bonus feat.

Natural Weapons: Griffins have a talon primary natural attack that deals 1d4 damage.
Natural Weapons: Griffins have a wings secondary natural attack that deals 1d4 damage.
Natural Weapons: Griffins have two claw attacks that deal 1d4 damage. These are primary natural attacks.
Natural Weapons: Griffins have a gore primary natural attack that deals 1d6 damage.
Natural Weapons: Griffins have a bite primary natural attack that deals 1d3 damage.

Prehensile Tail: Griffins have a long, flexible tail that can be used to carry objects. They cannot wield weapons with their

tails, but they can retrieve small, stowed objects carried on their persons as a swift action.

--

Traits:

Reactionary: +2 to Initiative
Add one more.

LANGUAGES: Common. Equinish, Griffinish, Medical/Scientific Common
Skill Points at Level: 11(10): 110
Favored Class Skill Point: 11
Total: 121

Key Total Ability Class Misc
Ability Mod Mod Ranks Skill Mod
Acrobatics (Dex) +08 = 4 + 01 + 3 +
Appraise (Int) +06 = 2 + 01 + 3 +
Bluff (Cha) +10 = 0 + 07 + 3 +
Climb (Str) +06 = 2 + 01 + 3 +
Craft:Alchemy/Chem (Int) +15 = 2 + 10 + 3 +
Craft:Art (Int) +06 = 2 + 01 + 3 +
Diplomacy (Cha) +10 = 0 + 07 + 3 +
Disable Device^ (Dex) +18 = 4 + 11 + 3 + Trapfinding
Disguise (Cha) +05 = 0 + 02 + 3 +
Escape Artist (Dex) +08 = 4 + 01 + 3 +
Fly (Dex) +10 = 4 + 03 + 3 +
Handle Animal^ (Cha) +00 = 0 + 00 + 3 +
Heal (Wis) +17 = 3 + 11 + 3 +
Intimidate (Cha) +10 = 0 + 07 + 3 +
Knowledge:Dungeon^ (Int) +06 = 2 + 01 + 3 +
Knowledge:Engineer^(Int) +06 = 2 + 01 + 3 +
Knowledge:Local^ (Int) +10 = 2 + 05 + 3 +
Linguistics (Int) +06 = 2 + 01 + 3 +
Perception (Wis) +17 = 3 + 11 + 3 + Trapfinding
Perform:Keyboard (Cha) +04 = 0 + 01 + 3 +
Profession:Medical (Wis) +17 = 3 + 11 + 3 +
Ride (Dex) +00 = 4 + 00 + 3 +
Sense Motive (Wis) +17 = 3 + 11 + 3 +
Sleight of Hand^ (Dex) +10 = 4 + 03 + 3 +
Spellcraft^ (Int) +00 = 2 + 00 + 3 +
Stealth (Dex) +17 = 4 + 10 + 3 +
Survival (Wis) +07 = 3 + 01 + 3 +
Swim (Str) +05 = 1 + 01 + 3 +
Use Magic Device^ (Cha) +04 = 0 + 01 + 3 +

WEAPONS
ATTACK DAMAGE CRITICAL RANGE WEIGHT SIZE TYPE
001x Format: +XX 1dX+X XX-XX/Nx XXft XXlb M X/Y/Z

AMMUNITION

ARMOR/Protective Item BONUS ACP DEX SPEED WGHT

MONEY
Coin pouch: PP: GP: SP: CP:
LOAD: Light Medium(-3) Heavy/Max(-6) Lift(x 2) Push/Drag(x 5)
43lb 44-86lb 87-130lb 260lb 650lb
CARRIED LOAD:

EQUIPMENT SLOTS
Clothing :
Armor :
Belt :
Body :
Chest :
Eyes :
Feet :
Hands :
Head :
Headband :
Neck :
Ring #1 :
Ring #2 :
Shield :
Shoulders :
Wrists :

CARRIED/WORN EQUIPMENT

MAGIC ITEM DESCRIPTIONS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
SPELLBOOK:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
SPELLS KNOWN/PREPARED:
00:
01:
02:
03:
04:
05:
06:
07:
08:
09:
10:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
SPELLS PER DAY / SAVE DC (Spell Level + Ability Mod + 10)
01: / DC xx
02: / DC xx
03: / DC xx
04: / DC xx
05: / DC xx
06: / DC xx
07: / DC xx
08: / DC xx
09: / DC xx
10: / DC xx

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awesome.

Weapons anytime would be nice, I hear you with the Kindle, and you keep rolls regulated via a dicebot in the IRC who does the rolls.

I know there's no RP's, I'm trying to get together a group to make an RPG, we're not gonna RP in the forum.

That's alright, I like job systems (thank you Tactics Advance), and it would give a reason to try it out rather than just playing a modified rule set for a normal game, we'd just need to hammer out the skills needed for advancement and such.

Well, modifications to a core rule to make it different basically, there's not nearly as many of us as there is with FoE, so making an entirely new system like they have multiple times probably wouldn't be the best, but you know do enough. The fact that we may already have the races is a plus.

Yeah, something like that works.

Anyway, I guess I'll get to reading up on everything to get an opening written down, in the mean time let's see how we can work off that job system.

And alliances, that's gonna be a big deal.

4176917 yeah my kindle can't use flash so I don't think it can use that.

I have no clue about IRC on Kindle's either, I mainly use mine to watch youtube before bed.

4177082 I use mine for ponies.And YouTube

Would a job system be feasible? It would require a lot of booking keeping. Character X would have to keep track of all experience tracks in all the jobs, not to mention a way to balance it all.

So a system conversion is not acceptable? I am unsure what you mean G-Man.

Honestly, a job system wouldn't be any harder than prestige classes if you ask me.

Mainly keeping track of things you're going to anyway because of just needing to know them.

And a simple conversion is just kinda bland IMO, I'd rather have something to set it apart and give a real reason to do it as opposed to just transplanting the lore into an existing system.

But can you create a unique balanced system? I don't really get where you are getting, a lot of PBP games die even when there are pre made rules, making the entire system would be so much harder to implement...and a give it a greater time to die.

I mean, there is so much crunch you have to do, it's not that easy...though I am assuming you have experience building mechanics? Because doesn't that sort of thing take weeks, months, years? Would rather get to playing now...

Plus, this idea that unique math is a big factor to playing a good story seems weird to me...but that's just me.

I mean, if someone wanted to run a ED RPG, it would be quicker to convert a system. Plus you already mentioned a d20 system, and the whole point of OGL is to just slap in the lore and get playing.

I'm not saying it's a perfect, or even a good plan, but nothing's even being done for the moment so there's no reason not to bring up possibility's on things that are interesting to think about.

:pinkiegasp: : By Celestia, 4176645! Where did you get all that from..?

:pinkiesmile: : Well I ain't no computer, so it'll take time for me to process all this new stuff (to me) out...

:ajsleepy: : I should have known that Google won't turn up much on Ponyfinder, but I did find this...

:ajsmug: : Equestria Divided introduced some new races too, which I believe I'd tackled the issue once before...

:applejackunsure: : Yep, excluding what's on the Race Guide, there are: Donkeys, Mules, Keythongs, Horses (Actual Horses), Nhorse, Dogs, and Minotaurs that had nothing on them yet...

:twilightsmile: : Well... I'll be studying all this then, later..!

I just did some basic creation and conversion. Want to know more?

:trixieshiftleft: : ...

:twilightsmile: : Nah, I'd rather piece all the things together first since all of these are still new to me, 4183450. I still have no clue on the statistics of this kind of game...

:pinkiesmile: : I took in a couple of chapters of the D&D rule book I found online, and it is indeed charming in its own way..!

:pinkiesad2: : Shame that people around where I am likely won't play with me. Maybe I'll try to convince some and try to prep a makeshift game up and get some experience points on it...

:trollestia: : By the way, I didn't read the gameplay part yet, but it's pretty much dices, statistics, and basic mathematics, right..?

:applejackconfused: : Since I've never ever played this kind of game before, don't expect any good hypotheses on statistics from me...

:rainbowdetermined2: : Story / Adventure wise, I may be able to come up with some. I've only been through a couple of chapters of the book, but I'll be making notes from now on as I read through and try to come up with something adventure-wise, and possibly gameplay-wise too..!

:eeyup: : I'm actually serious on studying... huh...

If you are dead set on running a in person RPG, I can give you some tips. Though, I need to understand why you don't me to simply tell you how it works...I mean...I might just have bad reading comprehension, but you want to learn but don't want to learn from someone else?

D20SRD or PFSRD are both free resources for d20 rules, but if you just want to try something out, you should probably try a more stripped down system first. Maybe try and convert something like Atomic Highway.

Fate might work, and its free too...listen, just give me a PM and hit me up on Skype, and I might be able to give you some tips.

If, I may make a suggestion. I love the RP idea, I really do! But, the big problem is using a d20 system. Now, don't get me wrong, its cool and fun to use, IF, you put everything in the right slot. If I may make the suggestion, have it be based on a narrative system. Something like Mouseguard where you rely on more of a narrative base then. Basically, your states influence your narration than the actually game play. Mouseguard uses a d6 system. To get a good idea on it, look up burning wheel system if your interested.

Something like FATE then?

4203948 Yeah. Something similar to that notion.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 27