Sonic Bronies 743 members · 494 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

I have been tinkering this on my mind throughout the year ever since I became a Sonic Brony.

Both Sonic the Hedgehog and My Little Pony have similar connections. I know, right? :rainbowhuh:

I'm gonna list down a few things how they connect.
-The Chaos Emeralds and the Elements of Harmony: Both are relics of unlimited power. For the Emeralds; they are controlled by the Master Emerald and for the Elements; they are controlled by the Tree of Harmony. They can also grant users super forms.

-Sonic the Hedgehog and Rainbow Dash: But you guys knew that already.

-Remember how Knuckles was tricked during Sonic 3 and Knuckles? Does anyone remember how Babs Seed started out when we first saw "One Bad Apple"? That's what the whole concept reminds me of. Eggman tricks Knuckles into thinking Sonic is a villain and Diamond Tiara influenced Babs Seed into bullying Apple Bloom and her friends. Thankfully for Babs, she learned her lesson, but why the hell is Knuckles still getting tricked all the time? What is he, some kind of idiot? (Knuckles: SHUT UP!)

-Sonic turning into a werehog in "Sonic Unleashed". Why not turn Fluttershy into Flutterbat? Both turn into these at night. Am I seeing a connection yet?

-King Sombra and Mephiles are said to be similar.

-Both series have characters who are love interests to the main characters and are hated by most people. Twilight Sparkle has Flash Sentry. And Sonic has... ugh! Princess Elise... (shudder).

-And finally... the REAL SUPER POWER OF TEAMWORK. The climax of Sonic Heroes reminds me of the climax of the first two parter of Friendship is Magic. Both Sonic and Twilight realize that in order to beat Metal Sonic/Nightmare Moon is to use the power of Friendship. Why? Because they're Sonic Heroes and they are her best friends! :pinkiehappy:

What do you all think? What do you find so similar to the Sonic Universe and the MLP universe together? I'll probably list more overtime.

One, you can't count Elise as a love interest, because Sonic '06 isn't canon, and that's not speculation; the true ending of the game writes its own events out of continuity, so we can legitimately pretend it never happened. Because it didn't.

Anyway.

Mephiles was the evil counterpart to Iblis and wanted to destroy the world. King Sombra was some guy who was really into crystals and enslaving folks, so not really all that similar.

Drawing the connection between the Werehog and the Flutterbat is really reaching for a connection.

I only recall Knuckles being tricked once. The Master Emerald missing in SA1 is because Chaos broke free from it, and in SA2, Robotic just flies up and steals it (or tries to); no trickery involved. Besides, Babs isn't tricked into bullying the CMC; she was bullied herself, and hated it, and saw going along with Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon as a valid way to get out of being bullied again.

Sonic and Dash are both fast, but outside of that, not really all that similar. The biggest difference is perhaps that Sonic is a better hero than Rainbow Dash is. Dash is selfish, happily points out flaws in others (real or imagined), and has shown that she cares more about her image than other ponies. By contrast, Sonic doesn't show off, doesn't criticize, and always puts others first. Remember when he and Amy first met? All she did was get in his way, this girl he didn't even know or have any real reason to care about, but the instant she's in danger, he drops everything to save her. Name one instance where Dash dropped everything to help someone else, and didn't try to make a big deal about it before she even tried to start saving them.

Comparing the Elements to the Emeralds isn't really a valid equivalency. We don't really know the story behind the Elements, but the Emeralds are leftovers from the creation of the universe, and as we've seen, are actually more powerful than the Elements; all we ever see the Elements do is imprison big bad and turn Twilight into an alicorn (and I guess help restore memories), while the Emeralds can be used to power technology, elevate someone to a Super form, and actually manipulate reality (Chaos Control).

But you did get one thing absolutely, 100% right. Sonic has been through a lot of adventures, and saved the world a bunch of times, but he's only done it alone three times. Every other time, he's had his friends by his side, and he's been by their side. Just the same as the Mane 6 all stand beside their friends, through thick and through thin. It's true; when you try, you can do anything.

But it's easier with your friends by your side.

Name one instance where Dash dropped everything to help someone else, and didn't try to make a big deal about it before she even tried to start saving them.

Hm "Sonic Rainboom" comes to mind, when she instantly abandoned her routine to save Rarity's life. There's also "Sleepless in Ponyville" where she flew to Scootaloo's rescue just before Scootaloo would've gone over a waterfall. Oh, and don't forget "Secret of My Excess" where she practically dragged Fluttershy along to save Rarity from Spikezilla.

Yes, Rainbow Dash is a lot more arrogant than Sonic, but Sonic has acted rather childish at times. Think about how often he's run away from Amy just because he finds her annoying (even though in his heart he probably doesn't mind it that much).

3774276 You make some valid points Mate

Rainbow Dash and Sonic would never get together under any circumstances. Sonic isn't looking for a relationship and Rainbow Dash is too busy trying to get into the Wonderbolts. It's easy enough. Every fic I see is trying to ship them, but always ignores their real characteristics. Probably why the downvotes just stack up. But why do people even attempt the shipping?

For someone who is 'too busy trying to get into the Wonderbolts,' Rainbow Dash sure spends a lot of her time doing things that have nothing to do with the Wonderbolts.

3774859 She isn't old enough to be in the Wonderbolts yet. Remember that they're in their teens. She just got into Wonderbolt Academy. She'll be getting into the Wonderbolts soon enough.

3774862 I don't think that's ever been stated. And just assuming they're in their teens because of "Equestria Girls" really doesn't make sense when you realize that the human Cutie Mark Crusaders and Big Macintosh also attend Canterlot High, despite the CMC being younger than the mane six, and Big Macintosh being older than the mane six.

"Equestria Girls" as a whole is riddled with plot holes.

3774869 Not basing this on EQG because it's not canon.

3774874 Good, and as of "Pinkie Pride", Rainbow Dash is at least 21 years old. And even before that, she was apparently old enough to drink cider. Something that, with the exception of Spike, no young characters were shown to be drinking.

Rainbow Dash might possibly be a teenager in terms of maturaity, but age wise, she's a young adult.

3774881 Old enough to drink cider? Man, ponies and people know that underage doesn't mean anything. You can still get alcohol if you really wanted it. And for ponies, Cider may be available to more age groups than we think. We can only assume that foals can't get a hold of it unless they tried to.

Not sure where the shipping angle came from in regards to my response (but if that's not your scene, I implore you give my story a read, since it has none that).

In the United States, where the show is written and produced, "cider" usually refers to nonalcoholic, unfiltered fruit juices. What most other folks refer to as "cider" is known to us as "hard cider" or "alcoholic cider".

Okay, I have made a few more points comparing Sonic and MLP:

-For those who read the Sonic the Hedgehog comic books from Archie, we have Sonic's evil counterpart; Scourge the Hedgehog. And in the MLP world we have Sunset Shimmer. Both characters are described as what Sonic or Twilight would become. All it takes for Sonic is one bad day to drive him into such emotional rage, as Scourge said. And Sunset is an example of Twilight if she never learned the magic of friendship. Plus, both have monstrous super forms.

-More comic book mythology for you guys. Knuckles becomes Enerjak and Rarity becomes Nightmare Rarity. WOW! :pinkiegasp: These two are connecting somehow.

-Now this one is for those who got familiarized with Generation 1, either out of curiosity or repressed memories. E-102 Gamma from Sonic Adventure. His story and his rebellion against Eggman clearly reflects Scorpan in the very first 1984 My Little Pony pilot. Both characters turn on their master when; Gamma realizes his true intentions/Tirek threatens to behead Spike if Scorpan failed.

-Sonic and Tails/Twilight and Spike: Both duos are best friends and always looked out for each other. Their friendships have been stained at least once and both Tails and Spike overcame their fears to be confident.

-I think I can compare Shadow with Luna. Because both characters were imprisoned for a long time; 1000 moons for Luna and 50 years for Shadow. Both characters had the intent of destroying the world at first sight by; Bringing eternal night/Wipe out all of humanity. The two would later on reform into hero status. While I can vouch that Luna will never become evil anymore, Shadow has had a lot of problems along his path which places him as anti-hero.

-And finally... (This is just a joke point. :twilightsmile:) The changes made to the characters. Many fans of MLP blame writer M.A. Larson for giving Twilight Sparkle wings and ascending to Alicorn princess status, while many fans of Sonic blame BigRedButton artist Bob Rafei for giving Sonic a bandanna, sports tape and giving Knuckles steroids, making him miss Leg Day. It's funny that I should point that out, because everybody on the internet continues to Thank M.A. Larson for giving every pony wings, and now, people are giving Shadow and Silver scarfs and bandages.

Got more to think about. Until then, See ya!

Well here's something you guys over looked. The big brothers of Sonic and Shining Armor. Well I know these 2 have different personalities and likes, but these 2 heroes share one similarity the strong bond between their younger siblings. Besides I'm having these meet up in my stories and they'll try and get along easy. But what if this happens later in the show Twilight and Tails are going have a day to keep them from getting into a fight. Well actually Tails will because Sonic likes to fight. And if either both Tails or Twilight get hurt both of them will not be happy and they'll go full out!

since u replied after 3 years, I will reply as well 5 years

-More comic book mythology for you guys. Knuckles becomes Enerjak and Rarity becomes Nightmare Rarity. WOW! :pinkiegasp: These two are connecting somehow.

Except Enerjak stronger.

-I think I can compare Shadow with Luna. Because both characters were imprisoned for a long time; 1000 moons for Luna and 50 years for Shadow. Both characters had the intent of destroying the world at first sight by; Bringing eternal night/Wipe out all of humanity. The two would later on reform into hero status. While I can vouch that Luna will never become evil anymore, Shadow has had a lot of problems along his path which places him as anti-hero.

Bruh, Shadow is... you know what forget it.

-And finally... (This is just a joke point. :twilightsmile:) The changes made to the characters. Many fans of MLP blame writer M.A. Larson for giving Twilight Sparkle wings and ascending to Alicorn princess status, while many fans of Sonic blame BigRedButton artist Bob Rafei for giving Sonic a bandanna, sports tape and giving Knuckles steroids, making him miss Leg Day. It's funny that I should point that out, because everybody on the internet continues to Thank M.A. Larson for giving every pony wings, and now, people are giving Shadow and Silver scarfs and bandages.

I like the last sentence.

-King Sombra and Mephiles are said to be similar.

H̴̢̝͍̹̮̤̲̘̣͔̪͗̉͂́̌̈́̂̾̽̀̚̚͝Ŭ̵̗̙͓̝̽̅̔̃̀̿͂͌͠͝͝Ḩ̶̗̰̤͇͙̹͈̓?̴̛̝͈̥͍̫̦̩͕̹̣͋͑͑̓̊̓͋̆̔̈́̕?̴̛̛͇͍̗̳̓̓̊̎̈́̂́͘͜!̶͕̻̬̼̎̍!̴̡̱͕͉͐̈̎̿͗͘
Me being the titan/final boss after reading that:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16