Authors Helping Authors 2,464 members · 8,633 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

I'm trying to get a character down right and I found a character creation guide that helps in the development process. Considering some of the feedback that I have received before I want to create a more believable character. If anybody would mind going through want I have so far and tell me if this seems alright, or what changes they would enact to make it better. I know that maybe some of it may not make sense without the context of the story I plan to put him in but I would appreciate the effort anyways.
OC Character Planning

Having read through the manifesto it sounds like your character is very detailed. I've never gone into that much detail when generating an OC. Without knowing the exact context, It sounds like a decent character - good creed and an established achillies heel

I would make sure that you stress the limitations of the artificial limb.

That Charecter sheet looks really neat. Can you provide a link of a blank sheet, so we can use that format too?

Feels real to me. I'm intrigued.

It's here in .pdf, .doc, and .rtf.

Thank you.:twilightsmile:

When I create a character I start with a single aspect or archetype and build from there. I don't form everything about the character right off because that limits what I can do with them later and it has the potential to cause problems in the story. Rather the character develops with the story by staying true to the initial idea.

The aspect that I chose for one of my more popular* characters was laziness. Through laziness he developed a sharp tongue, a blind spot of the feelings and emotions of those around him, a blind spot for his own inadequacies, a resentment for those that actually do work, an ego to justify his laziness... and other things. All of it is built off the central premise of being lazy.

*for a given value of popular

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6