Authors Helping Authors 2,464 members · 8,633 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17

Hey there all you other amazing yous!

I am now done with my second story review here in the group, and would really like to know what all of you do when you are done. Do you say that "that was that" move on to the next story or do you count on returning back when the next chapter comes out?

I myself have plans to return to the stories I can see have chapters with shorter length, mostly so I can see if people learn from my feedback and if there is new problems poping up.

But what do you do?

Hingard
Group Admin

Well I personally plan on going back to all the stories I've reviewed. except for the one shots.

Sometimes I'll wish good luck on the continuation of a story and be on my way (simply due to time. If I could pause time, I'd continue reading-wait that doesn't make sense...but you get the idea :twilightblush:). But, if there's a story I particularly like then I'm going to stick around and await further chapters (which is normal).

I'd say don't feel pressured to hover over every single story you come across feeling obligated to read every new chapter of every new story. But, of course, if you have interests then you should see where the story goes and maybe even provide assistance going forward with the author.

Just mah 2 cents.

vren55
Group Admin

609669 Depends... For stories I really really like I favorite them and keep watching. For others... well I really ought to be offering myself to help again once they correct their problems.

609694 I agree, and for the ones I reeeeeeaaally like, I even download them when they're finished.

Ohh it is not like that at all. I look over them and see if they are catching my interest before I begin to read them, and would not dare to add them to my favorite list unless I likes them and wanted to follow them just a chapter or two more. So it is not at all because I feel pressured or anything like that to keep on reading

It really depends on the story for me. I try to read all that was written at the time of the request for a review, but after that I only come back if I like it.

Depends on the story. I've only reviewed stories that looked like things I would like to read, so for several of them I do plan on coming back, even the ones I didn't actually favorite yet. (Though I did give them a thumbs up, because they deserved it.)

But this is actually a really dangerous group for me, because I've spent some time that I should have been writing on reading awesome stories instead!:raritydespair:

I regret nothing.:pinkiehappy:

Depends. I only tend to review the first few chapters (about 4 or 5) unless the story has truly captivated me. If I really like it, I fav it. Otherwise, I give it a like and pick on an other story in the less than three reviews thread.
I can't really afford to keep coming back to stuff, considering that I have 5 stories on the go, 49 unread chapter updates and 99 stories to read later, as well as my responsibilities as admin.:twilightblush:
It appears that my eyes are bigger than my stomach.

I might back track. For me, my review process goes along at 3000 words an hour. I try to be as thorough as possible and if I review a large story, well, that could take a whole week to go over and this is while I'm on break. There's no telling how long it could take me when I resume college next week. If I really like it, I give it a like and write it down so I know which ones to come back to. Since I tend to go by the lowest rated (and those I could help with. I generally don't review crossovers of things I don't know ex: fallout. I never played it so I couldn't tell you if something was right or wrong. Doctor Who on the other hand.) not many make it one my list. Occasionally if I want a more enjoyable experience, I head to the Less Than Three thread.
610931 That is why I don't write more than one story at a time. I'd get too overloaded. I may make an exception for a one shot, but not much else. If I get an idea that I really like, I write it down and create a plot summery. This way it is preserved for my attention later.

A note about the fallout crossovers, also known as Fo:E fics. Most of them are known for explaining the world for you, so you donĀ“t need to know the setting. Sure you would miss some jokes there are, especially about the game mechanics that have born many a joke.

The amazing, if you ask me, about Fo:E is that it is not fallout with ponies, or ponies with fallout. But a theme of both series that made a kid, a lovely foal that is the premise of Fallout (a world destroying war over recurses) and find a way to make that with the ponies, while still showing some love and tolerance that we know from the show

614720 Hmm. I may give it shot but I don't really know. I generally read just about anything outside of crossovers and clop. Just my personal cup of tea.

But we have railguns and tesla coils! No one can resist those two things

614791 I will learn to build one in real life! Granted physics doesn't try to rain on my parade.

Both coil guns and tesla coils should not be so hard to make so far I know, just so long you know what the hell you are doing. Oh and the smell of ozone from a tesla coil BEST SMELL EVER! It is the smell of evil science

614808 It's not that we don't know what we are doing, it is that we are limited by technology to build them. Plus the amounts of energy and materials required.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17