Authors Helping Authors 2,466 members · 8,681 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

Hello, I have an interesting idea for a story, although I'm not certain that it will work.

My idea is to tell a war story in an unconventional manner. The plan is to tell the story from the perspective of a prostitute and let the narrative unfold over a number of meetings she has with a recurring client who is a soldier. What do you all think?

It would be roughly a perspective flip of Welcome To The Brothel, only with an overriding story arc.
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/88520/welcome-to-the-brothel

Dunno what to say about that.
Those are certainly real life events.

arandompenguin
Group Admin

858484 I can see that happening unto itself. I'm unsure as to how it would work in a pony situation though.

[THIS THREAD WILL BE DELETED IN 1 WEEK]

Given how well Welcome to the Brothel worked, I'm sure you could pull this off. It would be a longer project, involving several short chapters (possibly multiple visits in a posting) but I don't doubt that it could work or that you could do it.

It does, however, leave a weird little question in my mind: Why is this a pony story? Would it not work better with humans? (of course, you couldn't post it on fimfiction then, but I would probably go read it if you posted it on your blog)

I already thought of a great pretty good twist ending, too.

That could certainly work. It would be an interesting idea to see through the eyes of a pony who gets exposed to these accounts of war and how those war stories effect her, change her, etc. I would say go for it.

Sounds creative, I like it. I would be wary about putting too much focus on the clop though, assuming you have any, because it will distract from the war story.

That actually seems like a great idea.

vren55
Group Admin

858484 Where's the pony in the situation? What war is it? If it's a prostitute, how do you realistically portray her and get the audience to sympathize with her? I suggest you get online and go to interviews or bios by workers in the sex industry.

One more thing, what war? You really NEED to work that out, it'll be unconventional, but you have to have a clear version of what the war entails. Who is fighting who? The cause of said war. Who is winning, a stalemate or what? The soldier's rank, role, what he has been indoctrinated into because some armies indoctrinate solders to not go to bed with prostitutes.

These are a few questions you should ask before you plunge in.

Sincerely,
vren55

I guess I would read it..

Thanks for all your imput, everyone! The project is a go and the first chapter is in production.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12