Authors Helping Authors 2,462 members · 8,593 stories
Comments ( 88 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 88

Description: *Ponyville is a relaxing place... well, it used to be. Over the past three years the world has been slowly going down the drain. Countries and others species such as the Griffons, the Dragons, and the Diamond Dogs. Have been growing viscous and feisty, seeking to spill blood, with these three species going at and the ponies of Equestria in the middle. What will happen?... That my friend is for you to decide... *

Hello everyone I'm Dark Nebula and welcome to my first ever RP, thank you Vren for allowing me to create this. This here will be a place where all you members and Admins can come together and hang out and have a FUN TIME! But before you begin please read the guidelines and rules below, I do not wish to kick anyone from the RP.

News headlines

Post your character details in the Ponyville's Dark Days Character List

~ The submission must include the following information:

The name of your character(s) and their associated text colours. Each character must have a different colour, but neither of them has to be black. Also, try to avoid using hard to read colours like yellow, cyan and light pink.
Their race, age group and appearances, including colour and cutie mark, even if it is a show character.
A short but detailed background summary, including their personality and special talent.
Their relationship status (if applicable).
~ The following restrictions apply:

No alicorns. Only in special occasions they shall be usable.

((Author's Note: We don't know if an Amniomorphic Spell is possible in season 3. So no, until proven.))

No non-Equestrian species

No “villainous” species, such as changelings.

No incredibly overpowered characters, they have to have weaknesses or flaws.

Your character can have any number of hobbies or abilities, but what they truly excel at must be their special talent related to their cutie mark.

~ You can have a stockpile of up to seven characters, but you can only use three at a time. You can only have more than one main canon character, and you can use others if they are immediate family, such as Rarity as a main and Sweetie Belle as an extra, but you must give up any extras if someone else wants to use them as their main.

~ If you wish to RP as a main character from the show, you must include a paragraph of interaction between the character and your OC in the style of the RP, to show that you can accurately mimic their personality and speech.

~ This will be the only RP! In which you can use a character from another RP! But it must be your character! In which you can only use one character from another RP!

~ The post must include all of your characters names, text colours, genders, races, age groups and detailed descriptions of their appearances, then if anything ever changes you can edit yourself immediately instead of waiting for a mod. You can include any other information if you want, but remember that it can get confusing if an RPer reads extra information about your character that their character doesn't know about yet. When you add or remove characters, you must add or remove them from the character thread.

RP Rules (Instantly Punishable)

~ No posting anything OOC, unless you use (( double parentheses )) or [[ double brackets ]]

~ No creating any situations worse than a clean mature rating, most anything goes but we draw the line at clop and excessive gore.

~ No grievously injuring or, heaven forbid, murdering another RPers characters, although feel free to send danger their way and give them the option to either get hit or dodge it. (If so please take it to the Death match thread!)

~ No directly insulting or defacing other RPers or their characters. Your characters can insult whoever they want though, feel free to play a jerk character to their full potential.

~ No guns and automobiles

~ No RPing as any characters other than your officially listed ones for any extended period of time, you may however use small, temporary NPC characters if need be (such as a shopkeeper). If you have to use a show character (for example, you are RPing as Rainbow Dash, and you need Scootaloo for a storyline) make it as quick as possible, and avoid characterizing the extra, so that they are still a blank slate if anyone picks them as their character later.

~ No ignoring one of your character’s for any extended period of time, otherwise you may as well delete them from your character list. If you neglect a show character for too long they may even be taken from you and given to someone who does intend to use them.

RP Guidelines (Leeway Permitted)

~ Use italics, *asterixes* or some other notifier for actions, rather than plain text.

~ Try to use proper grammar and spelling. I understand not everyone is perfect (and some don’t even speak English as their first language) but most problems are simply caused by rushing.

~ Any effects dealt from and to another player, the affected player should be a sport unless they deny the effect, at their discretion of course.
~ Don’t be an attention seeker or glory hog, let other RPers have their moments too.

~ Don’t double post. If replying to several RPers, try to fit it all in one post.

~ On a related note, make sure you check for replies, because if someone edits their post and adds a reply to you, it won’t notify you.

~ Make sure to check the character thread to see what the other RPers characters race and gender are, and what they look like, in order to keep immersion (in real life you would immediately know what someone looked like). Also make sure to keep an eye on the RP front page for info on upcoming or running events, and changes in any character’s appearance (Character List preferably).

Punishments

The official monitor for this thread so far are me and any admins who wish to monitor
((If I'm out of action at any point in time.))

If you break any of the rules, or continuously ignore the guidelines, then you shall be awarded a strike.
On your fourth strike you will be given a three day ban from the RP, on your fifth a week long ban, sixth is a month long ban, and then finally a seventh strike will result in a permanent ban from the RP.
If an RP moderator requests that you delete or edit a post, then you must do so or else be given a strike.
If you post in the RP while banned then you will be banned from the group.
If you feel that a moderator had treated you unfairly, please PM Me or any other admis with your complaint.
Make sure to include a screenshot to prove that you were the on in the right.
Done reading?

Come on over & join us! Bring along your friends too.

Comment posted by Fire-Dash deleted Apr 2nd, 2013
Comment posted by NightmareKnight deleted Apr 2nd, 2013
Comment posted by Immortan Joe deleted Apr 2nd, 2013
Comment posted by NightmareKnight deleted Apr 2nd, 2013

838975>>838950 *Dark Nebula landed onto the soft grass on the outskirts of Ponyville. Breathing in the nice cool Autumn air he smiled.*

Finally after a two day journey I can now rest.

839054How is being a pony with the ability to use swords OOC? She uses her wings to grasp them.

839103 ((When talking out of character use (()) double parenthesis also could you please delete your character description now that you've already transferred it to the other thread ))
839090 ((May I please ask you to transfer your character description to the other thread there is a link at the top of the page. Also may I ask you to delete the one you have on the RP page when finished.))

839110((Okay, well I haven't started RP'ing yet, so how can I talk OOC?))

((Link only leads me back here. Not sure what to do))

Frazzle Spark: *runs in a panic towards Dark Nebula across the field while being pursued by a pack of ticked off Diamond Dogs*

839115 ((LOL, just for future refrence okay.))
839126 ((Fixed!))
839578 *Looks back eyes widen.* Oh no...

Eh... I'd RP, but I've got a pet project of my own in this regard. Maybe when it's done, I'll throw out an invite. Depends on if people can handle IRC RPing or not.

Night Wing: *sits alone in the corner of a booth at the local tavern, absentmindedly playing with a bit.*

Delana: *The soft music drifted up from the piano as she played. The tavern she played at was a bit empty tonight, save the few regular patrons.*

Frazzle Spark: "Oh crap oh crap oh crap-" *notices Dark Nebula* "Oh hi!" *glances back at Diamond Dogs* "Oh crap oh crap oh crap-"

*Diamond Dog suddenly yips as he's struck by lightning. A pegasus has appeared in the sky wielding a thundercloud*

Sharp Wing: "Haha! Eat lightning Fido!" *Kicks thundercloud and takes out another Diamond Dog*

841766>>841766 Dark Nebula: Oh hey! You need any help?
841679 Light Wing: *Enters the Tavern and takes a seat next to Night Wing

((LoL notice how alot of are characters last names end with wing.))

841800 Night Wing: *Stops playing with bit. Looks over at the pony.* May I help you?

((Hey, I named mine before that happened))

841800 ((haha yeah, it seems to be pretty common. Blade wing, Black wing, Steel Wing, and Iron Wing are just a few of the many Wings I've seen out there. In Sharp Wing's case though, the wing is the suffix of his first name, like "armor" in Shining Armor.))

Frazzle Spark: "Can't talk out of firecrackers byeeeee!" *proceeds to keep running towards Ponyville*

841897 ((Lol yeah for my character Light Wing I was trying to point the fact that she is light on her wings. Pointing out the fact that she is fast.))

Dark Nebula: Eh... Okay. *Follows*

Frazzle Spark: "Open the gate! Open the gate!"

Random pony guarding the gate of a fortified Ponyville: "Can't! Too many Diamond Dogs! Get someone to fly you over!"

Frazzle Spark: *glances at Dark Nebula, who is closer than Sharp Wing*

841939 Dark Nebula: Alright! Just hang on tight! *Flies over to retrieve Frazzle Spark.*

*Diamond dog attempts to take a bite out of Frazzle Spark as he and Dark Nebula ascend over the gate.*

Frazzle Spark: "Yeep!"

Sharp Wing: (grinning like a lunatic) "Don't worry doggies, there's enough for everyone! HAHAHAHAHA!"

*takes out several more diamond dogs by kicking the thundercloud repeatedly until it runs out of lightning.*

Sharp Wing: "Oh, um, actually, I lied. Not enough for all of you."

844815 Dark Nebula: *Changes direction and tackles the Diamond Dog.*

Sharp Wing: *drops out of the sky and drives a sword through the Diamond Dog that Dark Nebula just tackled, splattering both pegasi with blood.*

"Ooh, sorry 'bout the jacket dude."

844969 Dark Nebula: *Frowns but then shrugs it off.* What are Diamond Dogs doing in this part of Equestria anyways...? I thought the Royal Guard drove them out months ago.

Sharp Wing: "Oh, they did. But a few days ago these fellows here apparently set up a little outpost underground, which Fraz blew up." *gives a start* "Oh snap! where did..." *notices Frazzle Spark safely behind the gate.* "Huh. How did he get through? I didn't hear the gate open."

845008 Dark Nebula: *Raises an eyebrow.* How exactly did he get over the gate?

Sharp Wing: "No clue. Hey Fraz! how did you get through the gate?"

Frazzle Spark: "I didn't go through, I went over."

Sharp Wing: "But... you can't fly?" ((Sharp Wing is not very good at figuring things out.))

845083 Dark Nebula: So you just climbed over... Why didn't you just do that in the beginning.

((Do we both have the same mental picture of what's going on? I was under the impression that Dark Nebula dropped Fraz on the safe side and then tackled the Diamond Dog))

845096 ((I'm afraid not because I stated he went to go grab him but, instead turned to tackle the dog before it got to him. LOL sorry if I may have confused you I'll be more descriptive next time.))

Frazzle Spark: "Just kidding, they opened it and I went through. Someone WD-40'ed the sucker and it doesn't squeak when it opens anymore."

Sharp Wing: "Ah, gotcha." *Turns attention back to Dark Nebula.* "So what brings you here?"

845145 Dark Nebula: I was here looking for a good story for my radio station back in Manehattan. *Looks around.* and by the looks of it I just found it. Also I came here just to rest and take a break, again by the looks of it, even that seems like it's going to be challenge. Well I'm Dark, Dark Nebula. *Raises hoof.*

Sharp Wing: *Accepts hoof shake* "Nice to meet you, I'm Sharp Wing. That's Frazzle Spark over there, but everyone calls him Fraz." *pauses to wipe blood from sword on the grass before re-sheathing it* "If it's a story you're after, I can introduce you to the brains of the operation if you'd like."

845250 Dark Nebula: *Face brightens up with joy!* Oh that would be wonderful please could you take me to him!

Sharp Wing: "He's a she actually. Right this way." *Motions for Dark Nebula to follow and flies over the gate.*

Frazzle Spark: "I'll catch up with you later, I gotta restock my firecrackers."

Sharp Wing: "Sure, and don't worry about giving the report, I'm heading to Twilight's anyway."

((You can be Twilight or I can, I'm not picky. Let's just keep the story going until more people join in.))

845323 ((I don't mind if your Twilight. Just remember though if anyone else joins the RP and request to be Twilight you must hand it over. What I mean is if they put Twilight in there character list, but for now while you're using her as NPC you can only use her for this time only. Now for later events if no one is playing as her I will allow you to use her again))

Dark Nebula: *Follows.* So who is this Twilight?

Sharp Wing: "She's a unicorn who moved into Ponyville right before the whole Nightmare Moon thing went down. After all those other species started... um... acting different 'bout three years ago, she basically took over and made Ponyville into the clockwork fort you see beneath us. She lives in that giant tree down there, which is where we're heading."

*Swoops down towards the Ponyville Library.*

845713 *Follows.*

Dark Nebula: So she is like the govoner?

841891 Light Wing: No... I'm just here a few drinks, how about you can I help you?
((Sorry for taking so long. Your reply didn't appear in my inbox.))

Night Wing: *glances over to the stallion* I could use several hundred bits.

((That's sarcasm))

845949 ((Lol Light Wing is female.))

Light Wing: *laughs* Don't we all?

Night Wing: "So, what'cha drinking, miss...?"

846688Light Wing: Just some water in the mean time.

Sharp Wing: "Governor? Eh, kind of I guess. I mean, we have a mayor for laws, cutting ribbons, and stuff like that, but Twilight is pretty much in charge of everything else." *Opens up door and walks inside without knocking.* "Hey Twilight, Fraz and I blew up that thing and nopony died."

Twilight Sparkle: (glances up from a book) "Oh, um, that's good I guess. And who's this?"

Sharp Wing: "Hm? Oh, this is Dark. Dark, Twilight, Twilight, Dark."

848088Dark Nebula: Hello *extends hoof.*

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 88