Authors Against Harsh Critics 78 members · 471 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Derpsanddinks404
Group Admin

Does anyone find this group to be of any use, or should it just be removed and forgotten?

Well, honestly it's just the fact that no one has even posted in the group. So, we need to do a couple of posts. Find stories that maybe some of which have already been attacked by critics that have no right attacking them. Dammit, we are gonna make this useful!!!

581077 I see potential with this group, but it could use some promotion, leadership, and active members.

Good things can be done with this group, but it will take effort, on both the part of leadership, and individual members doing their part to make this group's presence felt among writers.

I like this group, and I just joined! I actually have a fic that was attacked by some bad criticism and made me really sad for a while. Now I know I'm not the only one!

Personally, I think the worst criticism is no criticism at all. I'd rather someone say my story was crap than just hit that bloody thumbs down icon and not say why. What good does that actually do for anyone anyway? If something doesn't do it for you, then just leave it and move on. If you enjoyed it, take a moment of your time and tell the author. If you didn't, and you can point out why, then tell the author so they can understand and use that knowledge when writing their next story.

Sadly, we all know what people are like, after all, how many times has your boss gone up to you at work and said, genuinely, "Thanks for your hard work."?

I think I can guess!

Anyway, to hell with people like that, I say. Follow your heart, and get behind that keyboard...

Bluespectre :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5