The Unity Games 103 members · 1 stories
Comments ( 27 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 27

So those of you that have been following all of Razorbeam's posts about the tournament might remember him mentioning extra duels and possibly a ladder for those that were knocked out of the tournament early. Unfortunately, he doesn't have the time to set this up, because it would just be a second tournament that's all consuming. Instead, I'm creating this thread for discussion about further duels and as a place where people can search for those that are still interested in dueling.

Duels that are set up would be posted in a manner similar to the official threads, just worded in a different format (i.e. we can't have threads that look like an official duel thread). The settings of the duel are entirely up to the competitors; it could take place in the dead of night, with no crowd other than specific spectators, and have the terrain be entirely composed of mountains. Just an example.

Judges aren't mandatory, but it would be greatly appreciated if some of you would volunteer a bit of your time to judge these extra fights. Aside from that, details can be worked out on the fly. Pretty much anything goes, except for the obvious rules like "no god-modding". Finally, duels should preferably be between those that have been dropped from the official ladder. Seriously, Razor doesn't want active competitors going into these.

Well, that pretty much sums it up. Thanks for your time, and post if you're interested.

So, we (Being who didn't have a chance to put their OC's in) can now?

so a chance for a fair fight? sounds good to me.

You can use my group, the Visionary Roleplay Group. So it won't be mistaken for an official thread.

duels should preferably be between those that have been dropped from the official ladder. Seriously, Razor doesn't want active competitors going into these.

*Ahem* Forgetting some ponies?

Any idea where we'll be going if we want to?

701498 701543
Unfortunately, I don't know if those who didn't make the deadline can still join. I personally don't see a problem with it, but this is still Razorbeam's group. Adding new OC's would also mean making sure that they aren't overpowered, something that Razor oversaw himself. There's also the problem of adding their information and stats to the game - it would take up space either here or on another thread.

Yup, here's a possible solution: new OC's can go to this group and have fights there. It wouldn't take up room on the thread list, and those who missed it the first time can still participate.

It would either be on threads we create on the forum page, or like JJ Malcom said we can go to the Visonary Roleplay group. Either is fine.

I would LOVE to do more duels, and would also enjoy judging for any.
Would it be alright to test new characters as well? i have some ideas I'd love to try out, and I'm sure other competitors do as well.

New characters on the thread, like I said, are iffy. You'd have to take it up with Razorbeam (because I honestly don't know how he feels about that) or it could take place on the Roleplay group.

701483 Color me (and Eclipse) interested. I never got the chance to show off my Darkblast.

Count me in! Also, I can judge. I'm not on too often, but I can be of use when I am online.

Wait we are going to have duels now over there?

701798 how da **** should I know?

701649 Well, we're not competing in his tournament anymore, and it's not like we're going to win anything by... well, winning. I'm not even sure he'll be terribly aware of it, as your whole motive in bringing this up is that he doesn't have the time to do it himself.

I mean, if this is just to have fun and is canon exempt... why not?

Right, I can see where you're coming from with that. It seems fine with me, so go ahead.

701798>>701953
And, for the moment, it seems like hosting these duels on the Roleplay universe group would be ideal. We wouldn't be cluttering up this group, and we could easily set them up how we wanted to. JJ Malcolm, are you okay with this?

702907 So long as we play it fair. I'm actually thinking of incorporating HP, and MP as solid numbers, isntead of percentages, but we'll discuss that later.

Is this just for those that have been knocked out?

703105 We're still deciding on that.

Hope not. There's some people I wanna duel who have been knocked out...

703181 I mean we're still deciding on if it's JUST those who've been knocked out, or if we'll allow other players to enter fighters, or allow multiple OCs per Player.

I'm sure Razor only wanted to make sure that competitors wouldn't have too much going on at once, with both an official duel and a side duel taking place at the same time. He asked that we don't go asking competitors who are still in the tournament for duels, but that doesn't exclude them. Besides, from what I've been discussing with JJ Malcolm, the duels will likely take place on the Visionary Universe Roleplay group.

Where is this Visionary roleplay group? I'd hate to miss out for lack of directions.

I see.... hmmm... I think I can manage two duels.

It's a group created by JJ Malcolm. Just click on his name and check his groups, the Visionary Roleplay Universe should be in the top row.

If you think you can, then go ahead. We're not going to deny you that chance. Just keep in mind it might be a bit hectic.

Alright, so if anyone is still interested, duels are going to be posted on the Visionary Roleplay Universe group. Just create/add a character on the group, follow the rules and you're good to go! If you're looking for someone to duel, just leave a message on here and wait for someone to reply. If you have someone in mind, you can, of course, send them a PM as well. I will be also posting a duel thread similar to this one on the group, so you can find people on both the Unity Games and Visionary RP groups.

Like I said, duels are going to follow the general procedure that they do on here. If you and whomever you're dueling can work it out without a judge, great. If not (or if you want one anyways), any and all volunteers for judging would be appreciated. I will be available for judging occasionally as well, so there's that. Any questions or comments, just leave a reply or PM. Good luck!

considering I just joined the group you posted, are these technically 'sanctioned' unofficial duels? Or better yet, are they linked officially to the games, meaning do they count for something within the games as a whole or are these mainly just for fun? If they count for something within the Games, I'd be more than happy to judge/RP this, otherwise I will still judge.

These are mainly just for fun. I don't see these holding any particular weight in the RP universe, unfortunately. At best, they could be used as a way to settle disputes between RP characters, like the arena was used for. They could also be "what if?" scenarios, like two characters that had been knocked out early and wanted to see who would have won in a fight during the actual tournament. But I would be more than happy to have you on board as one of the judges.

Also, looks like the thread in RP Universe Group already has a few people ready to go.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 27