Remnants of Exploration 80 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

I'm leaving directly afterwords.

I blogged about the acts certain members performed on a certain fic. You know who you are. To those who upvoted and gave false opinions about the story, I will forever remain disappointed. To those who did NOT follow along with ones like Mr.Ignorable, and Alex Nyan, I must make an honestly sincere apology towards you. I made the whole group sound horrible, and wish for your forgiveness. Anyone who upvoted, I do not offer this to you. Anyone who behaved themselves, in my eyes, are good people, and deserve this apology.

I'm sorry.

Ice

518269 I didn't upvote, I thought you were being over dramatic and quite frankly you're still being dramatic by posting a thread here which might only work if everybody in the group followed you.

MidnightDancer
Group Contributor

I feel really bad for that author. She had a cute story that the site's admins are now demanding needs to be downvoted because it's just not good. She's going to be really upset, and will probably feel hurt and bullied by not just users, but the admins.

I appreciate your apology (again). I will not feel bad for upvoting and tracking the story, though, because the upvote and track I gave were legitimate.

KillerSteel
Group Admin

I'm still surprised by it all, but thank you for spending the time to come by and apologize. At least the TWE still holds a weak torch high in someone's eyes.

I'm STILL surprised why you guys do that. We're dedicated to improving the quality of writing on this site through our own volition, and then a massive chunk of us wander off and upvote a story that needs work to spite the administration, as well as our original goal.

It's sickening, because at first, the notion that we were bullies could at least be QUESTIONED. We had numbers that went against the thought that all we did was downvote stories and torture authors.

We had our faults, but we were still a positive fucking force.

Now? Now we're a group of trolls who went off and gave an author false praise in some idiotic attempt to make knighty look like a fool.

Distrance
Group Admin

It was a spur-of-the-moment, foolish act to try to blow off some steam from the massive amount of stress garnered through all of this collective hate comments towards us. No one was restricted from going all out to wish us a sincere "fuck you,' and frankly it offended me personally, as I was one of it's founding fathers.

I'm not going to lie, I took part. I understand that I will never raise myself to an equal level such as you, and I myself apologize. Something so trivial really gave people a ton of fuel to criticize who we were. I'm a person too, not an automated reviewing machine. I wanted to joke about and make such a daunting situation lighter and fun, but obviously it wasn't seen that way in the slightest.

I'm sure others, very much including Iggy and Alex will appreciate your heartfelt apology, and I know you can't say the same for me.

Take care, Art Inspired. Maybe one day I can redeem myself. :twilightsmile:

KillerSteel
Group Admin

There were many ways to take stress off, but maybe I'm just too optimistic for my own good. I'm pretty much the only person during that point in time that saw all this as something we could take advantage of.

With the original TWE burned at the stake, and the members left to wander, we were made anonymous again. Voices amongst a million, a group of dessenters and reviewers that could never be identified. We could start again, make a group that was respectable from the very beginning.

What're people gonna think after this whole fiasco? That's what bugged me the most, you were all taking the short-term and crumbling it, never thinking of the long-term consequences. Someone's gonna remember this, and it's gonna bite us in the ass later on.

Distrance
Group Admin

Hah, it has already bit us in the ass, now; nothing we can do at this point. People will formulate their own opinions and move on. I realize now that, if we decided to reform in the future and start review again under stricter guidelines, and more pleasant reviews, that any referral to our past persona can be outweighed by our excellent work and efficiency.

I'm not going to hyperventilate thinking of a painful future, so I'll join you in that optimism and say that, that chance was never lost.

KillerSteel
Group Admin

Good to see someone else still has their pair of rose-colored glasses tucked away. We'll make it work.

We did before, didn't we?

OtterMatt
Group Contributor

I'll be honest, I was one of the first there. It's a thing that happens when I get seriously offended. Yeah, it's not great that it happened to a random person, but you know what? He would have gotten a visit from plenty of people had this never happened anyway, and most of them wouldn't be from the TWE.

We live, we learn, we move forwards.

Mr Ignorable
Group Admin

I'm not apologizing at all.

518400 Oh, you.

appletini
Group Contributor

518273 lol Don't you love how that works? In a way it makes me laugh because now they are doing exactly what they told us not to: Flocking to the story to downvote it because that's what it actually deserved. (Although not because of a blog war and not en-masse)

518278 Although I never upvoted (darn my lazyness and not checking in till too late) I can't really say that I don't find the whole idea hilarious and probably would've at the time. I didn't see it more than making a comical point, but I'm sure the person who posted the story was like wtf and everyone else obviously didn't take it that way so, yeah... Like all things seeming to involve the name TWE nowadays, it blew up too fast and too ugly. looking back I'm glad I didn't add to it, if only because of the poster deserving to get truthfully critiqued.

MidnightDancer
Group Contributor

518278 *I* didn't do anything. *I* took Knighty's advice after reading his blog post. Had you been in chat or bothered to talk to me instead of doing the whole 'assign the worst motives possible to Dancer' thing, you would have known what was going on.

MidnightDancer
Group Contributor

519843 I know =/ I left the author a comment apologizing for the behavior of the site's administration and offering my editing services, should she want them.

Deep Pond
Group Contributor
KillerSteel
Group Admin

>Picture is when Deep Pond knows nothing.
>Pond's avatar is when he figures everything out.

I will relish that moment.

Deep Pond
Group Contributor

Your avatar and mine go together exceedingly well. :pinkiehappy:

KillerSteel
Group Admin

It's because the shrug is symbolic of Pinkie's personality.

The freak out in your avatar is symbolic of Pinkie's insanity.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18