The Optimalverse 1,334 members · 203 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

So I discovered Text Synth allows you to input whatever text you want and it will randomly generate the remainder for you - without a limit, like other AI generators out there. So in the spirit of my first-ever AI-generated FIO fanfic, I tested it on the opening lines of FIO and... :pinkiecrazy:

James looked skeptically at his friend David as he sat down at computer #12.

David had won the Hasbro raffle for one of fifteen all-expenses-paid trips for two to Pawtucket, Rhode Island to play the first alpha build of the official My Little Pony MMO: Equestria Online. Hasbro had claimed that a game that revolved so heavily around friendship needed actual friends to test properly.

"I just need a few more ponies," David offered.

"Are you really talking about me?" David inquired.

"Ponies come with the game, David. I'm going to show them all a pony."

"Is this the game about pony friendship?" David inquired.

"Yes, in its beginning stages I would be friends with any pony."

David's cheeks were red.

"Oh David," David began. "That's strange!"

"You think it's strange," John stated. "I got so excited when I discovered this game. It sounds like it needs a better title and more ponies."

"I just like it!" David exclaimed.

David tried to stand up but it was impossible.

"Why isn't there more?" John asked.

"Because there is only 2 ponies! 2.000!"

"David. That's more." John stated. "Now, how about you sit down so you don't sit with your chin up like you did that day! I want to make sure you look like you did then!"

"I don't think I've ever been good at sitting down!" David remarked.

"Hey. Have you seen the one that looks like James? His head is so huge and his teeth are so long it's like he came out of his mouth, like he was trying to eat his mom's milk!" John said.

"I hope that looks familiar." Jonathan said.

"Yep," David agreed. "It looks like James and I used to live together once before he got so big and my dad didn't want to let him sleep."

John looked at Jonathan as he said that.

"It sure looks like James but that boy couldn't even walk! It looks like he went into a giant egg!" John said.

"Is he still breathing?" Jonathan asked.

"That was his mom's egg so it can't be that bad, right?" Jonathan asked.

"It's still pretty good though." Jonathan said.

"I suppose we could keep James around if we would like." David suggested.

"Nope, it would be stupid to leave him out to rot with his mom." Jonathan said.

"Well we should get him a new apartment! I've said enough!" David insisted.

Looks like over time the story goes really off the rails.

Text synth is crap! I gave it a try, feeding it a significant chunk to work with. This is what it came up with:

27 Ounces:
A story of eight and one half ponies
By Chatoyance

Chapter One: The Red Case

Dr. Roselyn Pastern could just make out the shining curvature of the Barrier, and she thought to herself that it looked like nothing so much as one of those gigantic, impossible moons that rise over illustrations for science fiction media. The howling wind from the hurricane had cleared the thick, bitter smog from the entire Bay Area, and this is what made seeing Equestria possible at all.

Hurricane Misha had been brought under control before it could reach land, it had involved something about fuel-air devices, or maybe they were tactical nukes - Dr. Pastern really couldn't remember, and frankly didn't care that much. It was sufficient that the sky was clear enough now that she could see the enormous, shimmering bubble, rising up above the curvature of the Earth. Two and a half years since it had first appeared, the great Barrier was constantly, if slowly, expanding and had touched the edge of space itself. The shield that bounded Equestria was hundreds of miles in diameter, perfectly spherical, and utterly impenetrable except to Equestrians alone. The orbits of satellites had needed to be adjusted to accommodate this new fixture upon the planet.

_______ Text Synth Content Begins Here _______

have to say. OK, I'm one of the two percent, my family has jobs inside the Corp. I've had a fairly decent life. But I know there is no job waiting for me, not even under the family hiring directives. The jobs are going away even for us two-percenters. Hey, I don't want to end up in the favela. I'm sorry if you don't like that, I've been told this is going out there, too, but... I don't want to end up there. So that's part of the reason I'm here at a Conversion Bureau. I can't just get away from Equus anymore. I've already been to the edge of space, and I'm looking for something else. I have to do something that can really get me closer to home. That's one of the reasons I'm doing this. I know that when I'm done, I'll have a nice life to go back to. I've already gotten so far away from it I think the old one isn't worth anything any more. I'm trying to start over. And I think it'll be just that much easier if I go to the Conversion Bureau. It's not like I want to be a slave. That's what the system expects, after all. I just want to live outside the system. But if that's what it takes to make it to the Conversion Bureau, I'm not about to complain. I'm not a slave, you know. I don't believe it is, and I won't sell my soul for it. If anything, I want to get as far away from you as I can. To get away from the people who have been keeping me. They've been keeping me all this time. Because of your mother, they've been keeping me this far away from home. Because of your father, they've been keeping me this far away from you. So this will be the last time I see you, but I'll still see your dad and his wife and their daughter and his mother. And I'll still hear the stories of your grandfather. All the rest. The rest of the world. And I'll still see the things you've had to go through. I've been there. That's how it feels to be in the middle of your life. You know how I feel. I want to do it. I want to do it all again. Like I did before. I know you won't be able to forgive me if I just stay there. So if we make it to the Conversion Bureau together, I'll be willing to wait. Until my mind is clear. So we can start again. But if we don't... well, I'll be on my own. [she picks up her clothes and starts to walk out, but stops and turns around.] I'm sorry, but you're not getting out of here on your own. Why? Because I'm not letting you leave this house. [She holds the knife, ready to stab the air when the door opens.] What's happening? [she turns around to find the guard smiling, then looks back.] What? You want to come in? [he shakes his head and walks in. She starts to sit up but then stands back down. She opens the gate and steps out into the daylight.] What? Why? You're not leaving? [he stands in front of the gate, looking at her, then moves in.] What? I know we made a deal, but we've known each other for years. [sight the guard and her hands on his uniform] And I'm still not letting you leave. [she stands up and points at him.] You're just going to leave the premises?! You don't want to stay? Well. I'm sorry. But... I'm not going to stop you. I'm not going to stop you from saying goodbye. [she walks up to him, puts her hands on his collar.] Look at me. [She lowers her hands and looks into his eyes.]

I'm guessing that it searches the internet for other referents based on what you give it. Which IMO is cheating.

Yes, Text Synth is crap, which is what makes it so funny. Want me to post the diatrabe about Greek and Macedonian traditions it spit out from a Wikipedia article about the Napoleonic Wars? :pinkiecrazy:

Comment posted by Kenku deleted Apr 16th, 2022
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6