Cutie Mark Crusaders 1,748 members · 4,492 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

Should Scootaloo be adopted by some pony soon? :applejackunsure:
I think she should. It would be no fun being alone at night. :moustache:
Maybe Rainbow Dash should adopt her, since she's an orphan too. :rainbowhuh:
Maybe if Rainbow adopts her, she can teach Scootaloo how to fly and get her cutie mark :scootangel:
Please vote if Scootaloo should be adopted or not and if yes, I will make a story about it :raritystarry:

My fic has her adopted, actually. :rainbowdetermined2:

EnderPon
Group Contributor

I'm trying to think of an argument against that statement.
It's not working.
Do you mean on fanon?

When you think about it yeah we don't. Do Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy even have parents?

I love your fic.

322616 Um, on here. FimFiction.

Well...Pound Cake obviously has parents. It might just be a very coincidental oversight on the part of the writers (or whoever) that the main pegasi don't seem to have families. I personally don't think there is or should be anything inherently...different in the family lives of Scootaloo, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy compared to the others.

EnderPon
Group Contributor

TOM BRADY! OMG! (faints)
*reprogramming*
This story idea has been used for quite some time on the site.
Just to let you know.

I always figured they did have families, just that we never saw them. Most of the Mane Six have families somewhere, but they hardly ever come into the stories (or the family would hijack the stories!) I think Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash's families are in Cloudsdale, and that Scoots has a family but she doesn't hang out at home much.

fluttershy should adopt her

That's the theory I use for my CMC story. I don't really buy into the whole "Scootaloo is an orphan" thing, especially certain fics that have her living on the streets. That part of headcanon requires too many contrivances for me to find believable.

343959 I almost feel guilty that having said that, I've written a story in which she's a foundling (not an orphan: that's different.) But I got tired of "poor Scootaloo" stories, so at least she isn't snatching food and living in the CMC clubhouse. In fact, nothing really bad happens to her at all, come to think of it, except for her frustration about flying.

I personally think she has a family, but she seems to be the type that just does not hang around at home much or around her family. Even possibly that her parents are ponies who both work late and thus Scootaloo often ends up appearing on her own. I've had friends in the past whose parents I maybe only saw once or twice because they were always working or away for some reason, not bad parents mind you but very busy parents.

I have Scootaloo get adopted by my OC in my story. It seem cliche but it is very touching when she gets adopted.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15