The Dreamers 279 members · 490 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
bookplayer
Group Admin

I finally got around to cleaning out the folders, and I thought I'd post a quick reminder of what gets added here and how. This is the same thing that has always been on the front page, nothing has changed. The main point is that bit in the middle-- please don't add your own stories. If you inspire someone else, trust that they'll be added.

The Folders
You're welcome, encouraged, to add stories to the group. What kind of stories? Any story that's magic, in your opinion. If it makes you feel that spark, like there's magic in the world and a writer has somehow caught a piece, typed it up, and put it on the internet for everyone to enjoy, that story belongs here.

I ask that you not add your own stories. If you've shown someone else the magic, have faith that they'll add it someday.

The stories belong in a folder. Which one? Whichever of these you think fits best:
Dreams of Hope is for stories that take us to a dark place, but show us the light at the end.
Dreams of Laughter is for stories that capture magic through silly ponies being silly.
Dreams of Romance is for those romance stories that make love seem real and true, the ones that truly touch your heart.
Dreams of Friendship is for stories that remind us that friendship is really magic.
Dreams of Wisdom is for stories that show us some important truth which makes the world a better place.
Dreams of Family is for stories that celebrate the bonds of family, however that family was created.
Dreams of Adventure is for stories that make us want to run out and swash buckles, or make us feel like we could face down Discord himself.

2419330 Who the hell would want to downvote your post here? :ajbemused:

That being said, I must doublecheck to make sure that any of my fics that fit any folders are where they should be.

I'm pretty sure I didn't add my own, but the honorable thing to do feels like removing them in a just-in-case manner. Besides, it's as you said: If they were added once, then perchance they'll be added again someday.

bookplayer
Group Admin

I actually removed all the ones that were self-added. My admin powers now allow me to see that.

If yours was still there, you didn't add it, so let me know and I'll add it back.

Eh, it doesn't matter either way. I'll let others decide where they belong. I generally only add something to where it obviously belongs (romance in a romance group, etc.). Otherwise, I leave it to the discretion of others. :ajsmug:

When you say cleaning up the folders, does that mean that some fics are removed because of reasons other than self-adding? Because there are some stories that reaally don't seem to fit the group description.

More importantly, people are still self-adding. Notifications tell me in the past day alone, two stories have been added by their authors.

bookplayer
Group Admin

No, I left anything that wasn't self-added. While I had a certain kind of stories in mind, it's not my place to say what inspired someone or couldn't have.

And I'll delete stories added by the authors within a day or so of them being added, and then start passing out personal rules reminders and ban warnings if they keep it up.

I'm sorry. I should have double checked the rules first.
Removing my story from the folder :twilightsheepish:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9