[PROTOTYPE] Fiction 568 members · 69 stories
Comments ( 41 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 41

I say 'Original' because all of us here seem to be like-minded. So I'll just list the ones I've thought of over the years and we'll see how many of you thought of same thing or came up with different ones.

1. Bio-mass launcher: Arm shapeshifts into a hollowed out tube, through which pieces of biomass can be 'loaded' and then launched out the other end which would result in an outwards explosion of tendrils much like the bio-bomb.

2. Bio-rage: Bio-mass is more or less a measure of strength as sort-of shown in P2 where Mercer started glowing when he absorbed his comrades. Bio-rage would work like a trade-off during which Mercer would get a momentary boost to his power, speed, etc. but after Bio-Rage ends a lot of Bio-mass would be gone.

3. Tail: Kind of like the whipfist but more of a backup weapon, being that it's coming from behind him and would be a lot easier to bring it out in a surprise assault.

4. Infection: We've clearly seen Mercer spread his infection in some sort of devastator, if you played P2. It would've been fun having a infection based attack where you can turn the marines against each other as some of them started turning and attacking one another, and for the infected it would've taken control of them and made them your allies.

I'm sure I had a fifth one in my head but it escapes me right now....

Quills: The arm shifts to hold something akin to giant porcupine quills. Able to be shot faster than bullets and are armor piercing. With the ability to impale lower tiered infantry it sticks into larger heavy-duty troops like the Super Soldiers (SS). As it imbeds into the SS skin it does small over time damage as the quill digs into the target until it digs through and out the other side of the body. It can be shot ten times until the body has to regenerate the quills. They regenerate at five quills every three second.

4066739 Can we choose two? or is it what ever we come up with?

4066779 Choose two? What your original powers? Go ahead I listed four.

4066773 Sounds a bit OP but I like where you're going with that.

4066783 Oh never mind I wasn't thinking, I don't have any ideas :twilightsheepish:

4066791 Okay here is a debuff for it. It takes Bio-mass to fire each shot. Say Heller or Alex have 100 health, it would take 2 health per shot. You would be able to pick them back up but they would be hard to see because they are embedded into the concrete. In the middle of battle you wouldn't have time to look for them. But if you do hit like say a soldier you could just walk over to their corpse and walk over it.

4066811 Aight now that's a good power

I would have a whip-mace. A giant serrated biomass chain attached to a large spiked ball of condensed biomass.

Great hydra mass devastator. Shift your upper torso into a group of large gaping maws that would tear apart EVERYTHING within a one block radius.

4066814 I always have liked ranged abilities. I always wondered why they never had anything like that; I mean sure you could use guns, but that's generic and boring. I guess Tendrils and Bio-Bomb were ranged but not anything like the Quills.

4066739 I thought up two or Pariah to break out!

Crossbow-Morphs his right arm into a crossbow and uses stone from the ground as ammunition to deadly result vs personnel. 'Special' move is to infuse a stone with biomass, so when fired it reacts similar to Biobomb.

Web- Pariah roots himself but grows out a giant web of biomass in all directions, snaring and damaging enemies on it.

4066825 I'm imagining the Whip-Mace to be like a flail in Terraria. How you could just run around and the spike ball would damage things you ran by.

4066841 Since you brought up Pariah I thought of a power just for him a while ago.

Cloud: Shifts into a pure cloud of Blacklight virus, able to take shape of anything like blades and touch anything it wants but unable to be touched by blades, physical objects and the like.

So sort of like a cloud that can sprout cutting limbs and you can't retaliate.

4066845 Exactly and imagine if you had one for each arm and decided to run down a busy street.

4066853 Pretty much a big "Fuck You" to anything behind you.

4066851 Well the problem is that a 'cloud' would just disperse on the winds. Now, holding a button to 'melt' into slop (Maybe a sprint upgrade) that moves around super-freely, that's something I can get behind.

... dammit Activision, why you gotta just tease us with Pariah like that?

4066811 I would say decrease the velocity of it. Maybe around that of a Arrows. This would also decrease their penetration. But they would still be more than good against humans. However, I say that the re-grow time and the cost is too high. For the first one, they can shape-shift rather darn fast, so 10 per second seems better. And for the second one, how big-ass are your quills? Cause at the end of P1, it took eating 20 people to go from almost dead to full health, meaning they got 20 people's worth of biomass, or around 3000 lbs of biomass. And that was just at P1, he got much stronger by P2.

4066861 Indeed, although I really enjoy your quill-arm idea because it would be kinda like a mixture of a shield a long range and a quick use melee weapon.

I got one, Bio-wings: Its a critical mass ability; say Mercer or Heller has 100 mass, it takes 25 units of mass to activate (not instantly use right-off-the-bat), and uses up 2 units of mass per second giving you about a minute of flight, can't consume, or use abilities while flying. (when you touch the ground they deactivate, AND because consuming in mid air to keep using the wings would be cheating! :pinkiehappy:)

4066851 While a cloud-organism ain't TOO unlikely, he would have to make himself really big or give-up some of his mass. And would be pretty darn slow to move around, and would be pretty much at the mercy of the wind. And there would be no-way he could form weapons at any speed, and be able to support them with his cloud body..

4066883 The wings would be HUGE in order to support the massive amount of weight.

4066892 That's why you can't use abilities while using Bio-wings, they need the concentration to flap, and keep them formed at the same time. Consuming, or using abilities would break concentration.

Keep in mind they changed density, hence their ability to glide for a good while before falling.

And that's another reason they need the concentration!:trollestia:

That doesn't change the fact that both Heller and Mercer could glide without any wings and if you did have the wings the amount of use they have is tiny, because not only would they be incredibly obtrusive but also a biological SHOOT-ME-HERE sign.

I'm stuck here wondering why Mercer was never able to make himself some wings.

That would've been the shit. Bulletdive drop from anywhere.

Bulletdive drop from anywhere.

:rainbowkiss: Brilliant!

Those exploding green orbs Elizibeth had would have been nice.:fluttershysad:

4067118 Or the Crimson Shockwave.

Seriously, we got NOTHING from her. What a rip off!

I am thinking of a cannon that erupts out of your back and shoots a high density ball of mass. Then afterwards it explodes into smaller, less effective Bullets.

It is sad.
The only thing that is never really addressed in either games is Pariah and what happened to him.
I just assumed Mercer was tying up loose ends and Pariah was one of them.

I did come up with a idea once.
That Pariah had consumed Mercer and was using his identity to carry out world infection.
I know cannon confirms it false, but it is nice to think about.

That Pariah had consumed Mercer and was using his identity to carry out world infection.

That was my thought; I was waiting for the shoe to drop the entirety of Prototype 2, but nope.

FUCK I hate that game so much, words can not describe.

Bio-ichor: Begins like a regular bio-bomb, but instead of exploding violently , it sends a thin film of biomass over everything nearby. The user of this technique can than connect to this thin film, giving them extrasensory perception. Can't here your enemy? He just stepped on the ground behind you. Can't see him/her? He/she is somehow hiding on the ceiling, a bit to the left, just a bit behind you. The existence of this layer of biomass could also act as a conduit for devastation attacks, so be careful using against other infected.

I liked it.
Just... Dat Alex.
I liked everything about Prototype 2 except the fact that Alex was just a strait villain.
I would not have even minded if we still played as Heller.
Just, the fact that we kill Alex just sucks so much.
In the end, I suppose we can only hope that activation gives the rights to some other developer and declare 2 non-canon.

4067811 Doubt it. It's been 3 years.

4068410 hope one of us fans wins the lottery then, until the Blacklight shall live on through out stories.

Less 'Original' and more copied and edited but fuck it...

Asura (Devastator): The Virus grows another two pairs of arms, which, including the original pair, shift into the Musclemass state. The Virus then has until the Critical Mass 'gauge' runs out* to violently rip anything and everything apart, lift two large pieces of debris at once and up to four smaller pieces, throw things further and generally wreak havoc and hell. Upon running out of Critical Mass, the Virus jumps and then unleashes a monstrous Groundshatter to clear the area around him.

(Only available after fully upgrading Musclemass power)

*In terms of time, probably about five minutes, tops, with Critical Mass Boost Max.

Monzerker Mode:- When Critical Mass ‘gauge’ and a special Anger/Fury/Rage ‘gauge’ have both been filled (the latter by taking damage), then Alex Mercer/James Heller automatically transform into a monstrous berserker form and go on a semi-uncontrollable rampage (from player perspective) that channels biomass from Critical Mass stores into health/physical integrity while boosting movement speed, attack power and regeneration to redicoulous levels at the cost of agility, defensive power and weapons being randomly generated at start, with them being randomly switched around at random intervals.

Suprise no one said this
Bio-bomb senbon:
Creates small needles in the hand which are then thrown at smaller enemies (anyone who can be used as a normal bio-bomb) then explode like a normal bio-bomb

All consuming tide:
User explodes into a tide of liquid flesh consuming everything it touches well every thing alive (devastator)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 41