The Fillyfoolers 3,492 members · 3,951 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13
Fillyfooler
Group Admin

Okay so I'm going to PM Wanderer D and get our group in the monthly group thing and I was wondering what you people out there, yes you lovely members, thought of this group. What do like about this group, what could change, what's negative, do you like the environment? What ever you want to say. Lets try and get more members. So just post it here and then we'll get this thing done.

TheAlmightySage
Group Admin

I like it a lot, honestly. We don't have a lot of forum activity, but that's not a particulariy big deal to me. I like the story folder set up. Makes browsing a lot easier.

psp7master
Group Contributor

Very nice folder setup, though may be a tad confusing to an outsider. Not enough interesting threads, though. Love the group overall. Thank you for suggesting it to me. :twilightsmile:

I agree with the other two: little forum activity, but great folder setup. Stories are added occasionally. We should make some more... interactive threads. Post like a monthly prompt thread or something (not to mention some of the group stuff in general just doesn't really work too good (in my opinion). They really need to buff up the groups). I could probably say a few more things, but I just woke up and am getting around to for work. If I can think of anything else, I shall state it when I get home.

The best way to get activity is to post something for the members to disagree with. Not offensive, not incorrect, just something that gets them to chime in. Then you post other threads like promps or opinions pages the next day.:scootangel:

What Kill Joy said, post something political or social that'll get replies. Since this is the Fillyfooler group just post something a feminazi would say that'll sure get replies.:trixieshiftleft:

bookplayer
Group Contributor

I'm going to have to go with the crowd so far, but I'll add a little to each: The folders are good, but a little strange to me. I'm not sure what goes into the "Best of the best of the best"- is that one your discretion? I mean, that's cool, if it is. I'm also still a little unclear on if the term "fillyfooler" is required, or just the identity of a character being a fillyfooler. I know there was some discussion on that around when I started, but I'm not sure where it went. So, a "Folder Explanations/Rules" post might be a good idea.

You could also consider expanding the folders a little. Right now you have three sets of folders: The basic "Content level" folders- everypony, teen, and mature; the "popularity" folders- first time authors, under-appreciated, popular and well know; and pairings- Lyra x Bonbon, Octavia x Vinyl Scratch. But then you also have dark romance. Dark romance seems like an odd one out. Why not a romantic comedy folder as well? You could also consider some subject matter folders- Coming out, weddings, having foals. Stuff like that. Combined with a folder explanation thread, I think more folders wouldn't be a bad thing.

Anyway, on to the forums. Every time I've had reason to interact here, I've enjoyed it, so I do wish the forum was more active. Discussion threads are always fun, but one thing I've learned is to avoid the "what is your favorite X?" threads, and instead go with more "theory" questions: "What is your head canon for how homosexuality is treated in Equestria?" "Adoption/donor or magic babies: How do fillyfoolers have kids in your headcanon?"

Challenges/contests are another great way to get people involved. You can make it a set time period (new prompt every whenever) or a challenge with no endpoint (like my Variety shipping challenge in the Intelligent Shipping Discussion group: Ship five different Mane Six pairings with five different prompts (or all fifteen combos with fifteen prompts.) People will usually spend some time discussing their ideas, which can be fun to read about.

It's your group, and you've done a great job with it. So whatever you decide to do is fine. If you do want the group to be more active, you can usually count on me to bring my opinions. Sometimes it's hard to get me to shut up. :ajsmug:

I'm in agreement on having a few subject matter folders for those who are interested in reading stories about a particular subject matter.

More forum activity might be interesting. I can definitely say from experience that forum activity can make things interesting and fun (the LGBT group has a lot of activity despite half the membership (or even back when the membership was only 1/6 th)). Only thing one has to be slightly careful about is that sometimes a thread will get out of hand and require locking.

A rather interesting thread topic (though not entirely unproblematic) is "Which ponies do you consider unstraight in your headcanon?" or things like that.

I like the group the way it is honestly: the ponies are nice, the stories are good. I don't see a thing wrong with it.

Fillyfooler
Group Admin

Well thanx, and on the thing about the forums. Anyone can create a forum thread. I have almost no control over it, the best I can do is destroy it if it goes against the basic rules. So really the forums I've tried to start once or twice with just some nice eye grabbers but after a while people just seem to stop.

But I would love the forums to get more active, so if you or anyone else for that matter wishes to post a forum thread related to this group then by all means do. It's open to members of any rank.

Now on folders, yes the "Best, best of the best" is personal folder sort of? I just wanted the best in a place different to that of the 100+ like range so made it 500-700+ range. And I put the dark romance folder there because, actually I have no idea, just thought it was a good idea. But if you peeps want a Romcom folder then I'll make one.

Now I've always wanted to do some Challenges/contests, and the reason that ImJustAnotherBrony is a admin was originally that he offered to do some and change things. This never happened, and I just never did start any Challenges/contests mostly cause I have no idea how'd I would do it. But as always, if that's what people want, I will try to do it.

This is a wonderful group.:ajsmug:

well if you have steam you could use steam items as prizes or something.

as for contests poetry,short story's or something work well.

Zir

i think thefolders should be expanded into different ship pairings, usual and unusual

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13