Gravity Falls Fan Group 317 members · 30 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

plz someone make this into a story

5085114 I 1000000~% support this!:pinkiehappy:

Now I am tempted to go look for an EG version.:pinkiecrazy:

But casting Spike as Soos and Sunset as Wendy... GENIUS! Although I feel like Discord would be a better Stan.

5085114 I would, but I can't think of anything that wouldn't just be novelizing. But I agree, this needs to happen.

I wonder who Ford would be. Maybe Rainbow Dash can be replaced with Luna, who is looking for Celestia.

Also, if someone does make a story out of this, please for the love of god don't just copy and paste Gravity Falls with some ponifications to it. Make it more original. Yes, you can use some plots, especially when they're relevant to the overarching story e.g. Not What He Seems, Gideon Rises, etcetera, but come up with some original ones for the filler episodes. I am sick of Gravity Falls AU's that are just the same plot with characters switched around, and I haven't even read that many.

5085281 Discord would be Bill. He's the only one in the MLP universe who could do it.

Screw a story. I want a series. :pinkiehappy:

5085373 Fair point. I like our Luna and Celestia idea, but seeing as we have headcanon Trollestia and canon events and info we know about the characters, I think she would be Stan and Luna would be Ford.

Why not the Cake twins (Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake)? I mean they are twins and I can really see a story out of those two similar to Dipper and Mabel. Seriously, I will make art for anyone if anyone does this. If that person makes it a quality fic though. Maybe a collab or something. :derpytongue2:

5085457 I can see that way round working too. I was just thinking that in MLP, Twilight has the closest relationship to Celestia, and in Gravity Falls Dipper is the only one to really bond with Ford.

It could work the other way round, though. In MLP, Celestia banishes Luna to the moon for a millennium, and in Gravity Falls Stan effectively banishes Ford to another dimension for 30 years. Both Ford and Luna need to adjust to present life on Earth (or Equus if that's where you say Equestria is), and Stan is being hard on Dipper to make him stronger, kind of similar to how Celestia is guiding Twilight to learn more about friendship, although that's a bit of a stretch. And I have seen a comparison between Celestia and Stan that marked up a surprising amount of similarities.

It could work either way. Just let whoever makes the story decide.

5085281 To be honest, I would have gone with Flash as Wendy and Sunset as Pacifica, myself.

5086984 I think Diamond Tiara is probably the best pony to use as Pacifica, seeing how similar they are.

5087012 Fair point; mostly I was thinking in context of her relationship with Twilight.

I have to do this.

*looks at pile of other projects...* THEY ARE IRRELEVANT

5088273 Yeah, I get it. In terms of relationships, Sunset is the better one to use. In terms of character, however, DT is a perfect replacement.

There's really no one way of doing this. A lot of the characters in MLP can replace at least two GF characters, and similarly a lot of GF characters can be replaced by at least two of the characters in MLP. You can go for the characters that are most similar to each other, or characters that have similar relationships.

Twilight and Pinkie are shown as Dipper and Twilight in the video, but they could be used as Stan and Ford. Why not? Makes just about as much sense, seeing the similarities between both twins. Also, Stan and Ford could be replaced by Celestia and Luna, and either princess could become either Grunkle. Heck, an earlier post argued that Pound Cake and Carrot Cake could be used for Dipper and Mabel as they are already twins.

My hope is that if someone picks it up, the story won't become a simple ponification of Gravity Falls, but rather a story with the same over-arcing story as Gravity Falls but different episodes and jokes. Or maybe do a different genre than a comedy if you're not that good. As good as the jokes in Gravity Falls are, it hurts a bit to see them re-used without thought beyond "it worked in the show, so it should work for me!" Make jokes about those jokes like in Friendship and Mysteries, where Stan tries to give Dipper 'the talk', and after failing to do so, postpones it to "when I catch you doing something creepy like spying on your sister and her friends"

Heck, use the scrapped b-plot about Stan and Wendy bonding if you can! That would be amazing if it was pulled off well!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13