The Sci-Fi Ponies 2,082 members · 1,819 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

Just like it says on the tin, folks.

If you wanted to get a pony hooked on Star Wars, which movie would you show first?

Would you start from the beginning and show The Phantom Menace, gritting your teeth every time Jar Jar Binks showed up, or would you start with the real first movie and show her Episode IV, figuring that later on you could explain how they were kind of out of order?

My own thought is to show the original trilogy first, but that's probably because I'm old and biased.

Show the original!

The really, really, really old original that I really want to watch too!

(If Pinkie sees it, she might turn into a Sith Lord of Parties tho)

If it HAD to be the moves, Ep 1 otherwise Ied go with Eather KOTOR or The clone wars.

Start with the classics 4,5,6,1,2,3 - oh and then the new ones

Honestly, while the prequel trilogy wasn't actually that bad, it wasn't quite as good as the original, mostly because there was too much focus on it as More Star Wars For Star Wars Fans. That's not to excuse the weak in places writing, but they aren't as abyssal as some fans make them out to be.

So yeah, 4-5-6-1-2-3-7-8-9

I would go in order 1-6. Ja-Ja Binks would bring some levity that the light hearted ponies would like. Just do not show ep. 7 until the others have been shown. Ep. 7 is just a reboot of ep 4. The plot was just a rehash and the characters were stereotypical and little to no character development.

4, 5, 1, 2, 3, 6

Get the setup of the good story, the ultimate reveal, the flashback saga spurred by the reveal, and then the conclusion of the good story. They don't need to see 7 yet unless 8 and 9 are later shown to take it somewhere.

Original of course! There is no question about it. :pinkiehappy:

Rogue One. 4, 5,1,2,3,6,7 followed by the other two as they come out.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13