Christian Bronies 982 members · 235 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

For being afraid to stand up for God over people blaming him and his son over good people dying?

Nah, that's just common sense telling you to zip it.

Some people will never change, convince those who are open to the idea and don't let them change you for the worse friend.

Well, maybe God made me not stand up for a reason over the person said that while she is mad at God over what happened some months ago. She doesn't hate any Christians and she too is a Christian that is just...ya know, confused and upset over why good people have to die and why God didn't save her pop.

Her mom is mad at God too, but after getting angry, she apologizes to God.
Quite frankly, looks like both of them aren't really mad at God, just upset and confused over the whole ordeal.

Wouldn't consider it to make someone pathetic

I think all Christians could be more active in the apologetics department

6057600 No, you don't have to feel guilty about that. Just ask yourself, would you stand up for Hitler if someone talked about the horrors of death camps? You wouldn't, and you'd be right not to. It's the same with God. You don't have to feel obliged to stand up for him. His actions speak for themselves, no extra words are needed.

I think your friend is in the stage of mourning and therefore may be difficult to reach. Not to say that one shouldn't try.

God didn't promise us lives on Earth that completely forgo suffering. He did promise to be there, through thick and thin (Joshua 1:9). The entire book of Job is about one man suffering terrible loss, a book in the Bible completely relevant to the current situation. Even Job couldn't help questioning why these things were happening to him, but he accepted that God is sovereign over everything and came ultimately to gain more than he had lost. It's not over, nowhere near it.

Everyone puzzles over why bad things happen to people we love and people we consider (for the lack of a better word) good. It's common. But we have to realize that God always brings good out out of the bad and evil. We need patience and understanding to help get through, along with love and faith.

Please don't give up. May God bless you (and everyone else) and keep you safe. :ajsmug::rainbowdetermined2::twilightsmile::raritystarry::pinkiehappy::yay:

6097990 I actually have a patron.
https://www.patreon.com/baddragor
Feed my greed! :moustache:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10