Thirty Minute Ponies 136 members · 57 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

Hello,

Just to ask: Was there a reason to the timing of this prompt?
Not that I'm complaining or anything. Not having to stay awake until or past midnight is a definite plus for me.
But when I noticed the prompt was up for three hours already at about 17:00 I did feel a bit "well this could have gone better." :rainbowhuh:

Was curious about that myself. Sometimes they're just insanely very early, and I've never been able to discern any real rhyme or reason to it.

Obselescence
Group Admin

Prompts will sometimes be run early if the current TMP mod's schedule requires them to do so, since we're not always capable of running prompts during the afternoon. Usually if the day's mod can't afford to run the prompt at a reasonable time, another mod will step in to run it, but the rest of the mods aren't always available either (or we might be doing something like trying to get back to a semi-normal schedule after an epidemic of substitute modding), so sometimes a prompt will be run at inconvenient hours.

We're sorry if this doesn't leave you a lot of time or an opportunity to write for an early prompt, but do trust that when we decide when to run the day's prompt, we're not just throwing darts at the board and hitting "The Crack of Dawn."

Oh, no worries -- I figured as much. (Although the darts thing would be amusing. :trollestia:)

NorsePony
Group Admin

887001 Wait... you don't use darts?

Nah, the actual reason for today's prompt being so early is that my sleep schedule has been properly messed up lately, and I was only going to be conscious during the early part of the day. So, early prompt. Next Tuesday's should be back to my late-evening timing as usual. : D

Hang on. What's all this about schedules and sleep? Do you mean to imply that the mods are actual people?

(Except Piggy, obviously.)

Professor Piggy
Group Admin

887963 Oh yeah, they have organs and everything. It's so weird.

For a while I thought they were just really good at hiding their robotness, but alas - I am the sole machine in a group of humans. :ajsleepy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7