Doctor Whooves 1,806 members · 553 stories
Comments ( 30 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 30

Just a heads up for Doctor Who fans who haven't seen this yet, a prequel to The Day of the Doctor has been released.

Dude, did Chrizz just get dissed? Also, what about those two companions that he forgot that were turned into Daleks.

All kidding aside, ahem...THE AUDIO ADVENTURES ARE CANNON!! YESYESYESY

Oh god, that is so sweet! I love it. The audios have some of my favorite stories and its where the 8th shines in there. I do kind of miss the wig though, but that look works sooooooooooo much better. I also loved how this could be used to explain how this doctor could not count towards the regeneration count. It was a manufactored regeneration, not natural. So thus, the new guy can still be number 12, though I wonder...since this surprise happened, I wonder if we will actaully see Eccelson in the special

War Doctor? :ajsmug:

This... this is... SO FREAKING AWESOME!!

At the end of it, we see what appears to be a glimpse of the face of the young John Hurt; awesome! So the "War Doctor" or "Forgotten" or "Renegade" or "Warrior" or whatever you want to call him, started out young, but the Time War was so long and so hard that he was very old by the time of his Regeneration. Makes sense!

Makes you wonder how much of his 900+ year life the Time War ultimately covers. All I know for sure is he's 1000 now but stated himself to be about 450 in Tomb of the Cybermen.

Hm, I wonder if this is why the Ninth through Eleventh Doctors generally got younger, he wanted to be young again and try to forget/erase the scars all that time left on him. Perhaps the regeneration to Peter Capaldi will come with his finally coming to terms with it all.

I think he's been lying about his age since the new series began.

The Ninth Doctor said he was 900, but the same claim was made by the 6th Doctor. Who's telling the truth? Some have said he just can't tell anymore, but I think it's interesting to think about now that we know that he's been hiding something

He was in his 200's or 300's by the time he stole the TARDIS, and if the first incarnation had aged naturally to look the way that his first incarnation did at 450...

I think one could argue that the Time War could have lasted more than a single century of the Doctor's life

Hiding, or omitting? Perhaps, in his effort to forget the War Doctor, even the Doctor himself isn't sure how much time was spent as him so he just excludes it altogether.

Also if he was in his early hundreds when he stole the TARDIS, how old was Susan? Then again, maybe Gallifreyan children simply mature at a slower pace than humans specifically because of their long lives. Like in a webcomic, the Order of the Stick, where a twenty six year old elf is the equivalent of a human kindergartener.

also it is at the very least understandable for him to get his age wrong, he doesn't exactly do things linearly, i mean even you'd have a hard time keeping track of how old you are when you rarely do things in the right order...

Perhaps not as much time as you might think, considering that sometimes, hard struggles age one quickly (think about how quickly some US presidents aged from being in office!), but nonetheless, it likely covered approximately a century of his life minimum, maybe more. And that isn't a bad guess why he was younger each time, since the regenerations have to do with his circumstances and what he wanted out of life, which is a realistic depiction of how once you reach your intended small goal, you have to have a new one.

Still, it looks almost as though each Doctor makes a small regression in years for each regeneration, with a few subtle exceptions and the rather obvious exception of the Fifth to the Sixth.

He was in his 700s by the time he was in his Fourth Incarnation, so maybe not much more than the one century; but around there nonetheless. It likely would have been 100-200 years, I'm guessing.

I do believe that until adolescency, Gallifreyan children don't mature much more slowly than human children. So while it's likely Susan was more than 15, she also likely couldn't have been much older than 15.

LightningDust
Group Contributor

IT'S PAUL FREAKING MCGANN!!! :rainbowkiss:

Thank you! thank you! Thank you! :pinkiehappy:
If you didn't post this i probably would have missed this little gem.

Just learned a fun fact. Apparently not only is today Paul McGann's return as the Eighth Doctor. Today is also McGann's birthday.

Well how about that I was wrong about John Hurt being the the very first Doctor. Thank you so very much Fedora, I wouldn't have known about this if you hadn't posted it

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

The Paul McGann film was the first of the classic Doctor Who show I watched, since then I been trying to watch Tom Baker, Sylvestor Mccoy and still continue to watch as much as I can, even it will be near impossible to find very single one.

2165079 technically the paul mcgann tv movie wasn't classic who it was a pilot to a failed revival of the series, and as such is a separate entity in regards to old who and new who...

sorry if i'm nit picking.. :twilightsheepish:

2165149 You are, but it's okay I should have explained fully :twilightsmile:. of course I knew that Paul wasn't a classic Doctor.

I'm not saying Paul's the first classic Doctor I've watched. I was saying that the Tv film introduced me to the classic series, Because it featured Sylvestor Mccoy. I saw the film when I was watching Eccelson and I didn't see the final episode where he changes, so Mccoy-Mcgann was the first regeneration I ever saw and wondered why the Doctor changed. That's when my mum told me about the Doctor and that the show had been airing since the 60s with different actors playing the same character who always changed his face.

2166103 ah i see, that makes sense :twilightsmile:

T6

2163474 I AM THE HAPPIEST PERSON IN THIS THREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD! My favourite Doctor gets some more screen time, and we now know who Hurt is, the technical Ninth Doctor! BLOODY BRILLIANT!

It all makes sense now why 11th said that the War Doctor was not in the name of The Doctor. Right before drinking the potion he says, "Doctor no longer.":pinkiehappy:

I think my first bit of Classic Who was Spearhead in Space with the Third Doctor. I also went and looked up the original first serial An Unearthly Child. Since then I've seen at least one serial with each Doctor. McCoy & Pertwee are my current favorites. One of the reasons I chose McCoy's Doctor for a Doctor Whooves fic I've been lazy about continuing.

This gives me an idea for a thread.

2163474 HOLY HELL IN A HAND BASKET THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::yay::yay::yay::yay:

the movie is clearly considered as part of the classic series despite that fact. just look at the packaging for the dvd.

You know, this potion thing could go a long way to explaining why modern regeneration looks so different than in the classic series. There are holes, because River Song and the Master both regenerated with the same effect in the new series, but when McGann was looking at his hands as they started to glow, I couldn't help but imagine he was thinking, "It's never happened like this before..."

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 30