Star Wars 1,561 members · 289 stories
Comments ( 28 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 28

I actually kinda like them there I said it.

hey my name is Jamie and I'm a life long star wars fan.. I even go to conventions as Han Solo episode 5 getup because that is one badass jacket... anyway that is off topic. The star wars prequels are the most controversial thing in the saga of all time.

in my opinion, they are good films not great like the originals but nothing ever will be like them films because of the change in time and setting. So what if Haden Christian can't act well or that Jar Jar was a comic relief character. These are minor things that don't really affect the overall purpose of the films. Yeah I also admit each film separate doesn't have a decent plot (except episode 3 revenge of the sith in my opinion) but that is the point the three films are one plot together which makes sense...

anyway what is your thought it's all opinions so don't go fighting and may the force be with you

i agree with you because the prequels showed how the Galactic Empire came to power and it showed how Darth Vader came to be as that was the intention by George Lucas. However i like the prequels because of the Clone Wars because you have to admit they are badass and it even spawned a CGI series that bridged the gap between episodes 2 and 3 so that is why i liked the prequels

Finally someone who can appreciate the prequel saga I'm an unfortunate critic as well I believe all three could have been better but I still like them nonetheless heck I kind of feel that is George Lucas follow the audio book of Episode one maybe it would have been an improvement but thank you for giving the prequel saga rightful recognition

5054537 I like the prequels, too. I really don't get the extreme hate towards them. Were they worse than the OT? Sure, but they weren't AWFUL! I mean, to give them 1/10?! That's too harsh and extreme.

I like them but not as much as the original trilogy and there are things about them I don't like. Jar Jar is a rather obvious one as he is pretty much universally despised on the count of being the worse character ever. Darth Maul was killed off way sooner than I would have liked, I know the Clone Wars comics and later cartoon series retconned that, but still. I can understand why the romance between Anakin and Padme was important but I would have liked to have seen other reasons for his turn to the dark side a bit more as well, like maybe he began to question the Jedi's methods as the Clone War dragged on. Maybe he would slowly start to favor a more brtual approach to end the war than the Jedi and the Republican were willing to do and Palpatine it would add a bit more power to his line of "from my point of view the Jedi are evil" during his duel on Mustafar. Episode III however is tied with episode VI for my favorite movie out of all of them with the only thing bothering me is Anakin coming off a bit whiny in some scenes.

I enjoy the prequels myself. For that matter, I even kinda like Jar Jar Binks. :pinkiesmile:

5054537 I did enjoy the prequels myself. I can admit that there are things that could have been done differently or better, but overall, they are still good movies.

Way better than Episode VII.

Two words: Clone Troopers.
That made the prequels worth it.

5054636 Finally, another person who likes Jar Jar Binks like me :pinkiehappy: He's quite funny and clumsy, and I like that. So what if he was a comic relief and had a fart joke? Did that ruin the whole film? Of course not.

5054537 The only good thing to really come out of them, in my opinion, were Darth Maul and his Donatello lightsaber, (It's called something else, I'm sure, but I'm calling it the Donatello lightsaber.)

5054639 I liked the seventh installation of the star wars saga still not the original 3 but I like it

5054958 I was not that impressed. Hate to say it but I wasn't.

I respect your opinions

I wasn't expecting this..... Most fans would kill me by now

I liked the prequels. They are what got me into star wars.

Exactly. Idk I am so interested in them.

5055596 Enough for me that in my truck I have a ARC Trooper figure set on my dash. And I still on occasion have to talk myself out of buying a ARC Trooper helmet.

Yea. Idk why I always though of what would happen if you were teleported near the middle of the clone wars, and knew everything that was going to happen. What would you do? I would hire kaminoians. The republic made them unavailible for hire near the end. and have them make me an army :). Then just snipe palpatine when he is in the senate. :) master plan.

Comment posted by Admiral_Gravleos deleted Feb 18th, 2016

5055711 Yes, and the music.

5055461 well we are considered diamonds in the rough but yeah im suprised to at the list of how many users like them as well

It shocked me so much I actually had to pause marathoning them

The music is fucking awesome...
I can't pick up my lightsaber now and duel my brother without listening to either duel of the fates or battle of the heroes

5056581 yes. I think the prequels had better effects and a better budget than the originals.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 28