Game Crossovers 5,479 members · 4,414 stories
Comments ( 46 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 46

Hey everypony, EquestrianTwist coming at you with a game idea I thought you guys and girls might want to hear. Following a similar story and gameplay style to the original Marvel Ultimate Alliance game, Princess Celestia has to call together a legion of Equestria's greatest heroes to battle along with the Mane 6 in order to stop some of Equestria's greatest villains who have recruited an army of lesser know villains to fight by their side. So far, I've come up with a few comparisons for who would play a few heroes and villains:

Heroes

• Captain America - Shining Armor
  • Deadpool - Pinkie Pie
  • Elektra - Rarity
  • Human Torch - Spitfire
  • Iceman - Soarin
  • Invisible Woman -
  • Iron Man - Doctor Whooves
  • War Machine -
  • Luke Cage - Applejack
  • Mister Fantastic -
  • Ms. Marvel -
  • Spider-Man -
  • Spider-Woman - Scootaloo (teenage)
  • Storm -
  • Thing - Maud Pie
  • Thor - Princess Luna
  • Wolverine - Gilda
  • Black Panther - Zecora
  • Blade - Flutterbat (Fluttershy)
  • Daredevil - Snowdrop (teenage)
  • Dr. Strange - Twilight Sparkle
  • Ghost Rider - Stygian/Pony of Shadows
  • Nick Fury - Bon Bon (Agent Sweetie Drops)
  • Silver Surfer -
  • Iron Fist - Lyra Heartstrings

Villains:

• Scorpion - Manticore
  • Bullseye - Pegasus Bullies (Rainbow Dash)
  • Winter Soldier - Tempest Shadow (mind-controlled)
  • Radioactive Man -
  • Fin Fang Foom - Green Dragon
  • Crimson Dynamo -
  • Mysterio - Trixie Lulamoon (mind-controlled)
  • MODOK - King Sombra (shadow form)
  • Attuma - Storm King
  • Tiger Shark - Aria
  • Kraken - Squirk the Sea Emperor
  • Dragon Man - Garble
  • Ultimo -
  • Grey Gargoyle -
  • Mandarin - Starlight Glimmer (mind-controlled)
  • Rhino - Iron Will
  • Shocker - Braeburn (mind-controlled)
  • Arcade - Mane-iac
  • Blackheart -
  • Mephisto -
  • The Wrecking Crew - Diamond Dogs
  • Wrecker - Rover
  • Thunderball - Fido
  • Piledriver - Spot
  • Bulldozer - Elite Guard Dog
  • Lizard - Greed-Growth Spike
  • Enchantress - Queen Chrysalis
  • Executioner -
  • Ulik - Sonata
  • Kurse - Adagio
  • Ymir - Windego Emperor
  • Baron Mordo - King Sombra
  • Ultron - Cyberpony Controller
  • Loki - Discord
  • Destroyer Armor - Crystal Guardian
  • Gladiator -
  • Starbolt -
  • Warstar -
  • Hussar -
  • Neutron -
  • Deathbird -
  • Super Skrull -
  • Paibok -
  • Titannus -
  • Galactus - Tirek (full-power)
  • Doctor Doom -

This idea was mostly spurned from a random marvel movie, and as such is not very fleshed out. If you agree or disagree with my choices for heroes and villains, please comment below, and if you have any suggestions for which pony should play which character please throw your ideas out there. Remember these are just my opinions on which pony fits the marvel hero best, you do not have to agree with me. I can't wait to read what you guys and girls come up with.

I'm not so sure if Sombra in his shadow form should play MODOK, maybe somebody a little more smarter, like Adagio without her magic. And maybe Tirek can play Galactus, and maybe Starlight can play as Doctor Doom, you know, since they're both time traveling magicians and are incredibly powerful. And I like the idea of Queen Chrysalis playing the role of Mystique.

Stitches hate Alliance! Horde sound more fun.

Huh. Thought Hulk was in the first one. Guess I was wrong

Heroes

Invisible Woman- Fluttershy
Iron Man- Prince Blueblood
War Machine- Flash Sentry
Blade- Bon-Bon
Daredevil- Snowdrop
Ghost Rider- Rainbow Dash
Elektra- Rarity
Storm- Flitter
Nick Fury- Princess Celestia (self-exile after banishing Luna, took tactical lead of Earth's defenders)
Spider-Man- Featherweight
Spider-Woman- Scootaloo
Dr. Strange- Twilight Sparkle
Silver Surfer- Tree Hugger
Luke Cage- Applejack
Iceman- Soarin
Storm- Sweetie Belle
Mr. Fantastic- Fancy Pants
Black Widow- Sunset Shimmer
Iron Fist- Applebloom
Squirrel-Girl- Gabby the Griffon
The Hulk- Moon Dancer ( potion gone wrong.)
Odin- Fausticorn (not as the world creator, just as the mother of Celestia and Luna)
Sif- Princess Cadance (NOT Luna's love interest, but daughter with Discord instead. Trained by Luna and wants to make her mother proud of her dislikes her father because of his aloofness.)

Villians

Blackheart- Ahuizotl
Mephistopheles- Grogar
Shocker- Silver Spoon
Galactus- The Smooze (shaped to preference)
Kraken- Squirk the Sea Emperor
Mandarin- Starlight Glimmer
Ymir- Wendigo Emperor
Destroyer Armor- Crystal Golem
Surtur- Lavan the Fire Demon
Venom- Diamond Tiara
Green Goblin- Night Light
Carnage- Featherweight
Vulture- Thunder Lane
Ulik- Crunch the Rock Dog
Kurse- Thorax

Edit: Didn't read the first paragraph, just gave ideas for names.

He is a playable character in some forms of the game. The characters I put down mostly come from the original version of the game, and consist mostly of the playable and unlockable heroes you can collect. Hulk is also an NPC character in the game in the form of Bruce Banner.

Well here's my suggestions.
Ms. Marvel-Gabby
Daredevil-Derpy
Storm-Rainbow Dash
Blade-Fluttershy
Nick Fury-Pharynx (how Changelings used to look)

I mostly chose Tirek as the Doctor Doom because in the game, Doom is trying to steal the powers of Odin in order to take over the world. Considering Tirek's power-stealing abilities, and the fact the he is MLP's first and, probably, most powerful antagonist, I thought he'd be a good fit.

I chose Sombra's shadow form for MODOK because in that form he's basically a giant head on a black fogbank, much like our favorite Mechanized Organism Designed Only for Killing. Basically I chose characters to represent the heroes on a very appearance based level, because that's what the game is appearance based. You don't go into Marvel Ultimate Alliance expecting major backstory for all the superheroes involved, you go in because it houses all the heroes you want to see beating up villains.

There are probably plenty of better choices I could have used for Doc Doom and MODOK, but these are the ones I think fit best. Thank you for your suggestions, and for the record if I knew Mystique was in this game, I probably would have given Chrysalis a double role.

I also like the idea of Tempest acting like Winter Soldier and maybe we can have Princess Celestia as Doctor Strange would be fun. I'm not sure about Ghost Rider though, and maybe Applejack can play as Spider-Man.

zoruatrainer66 and HybridMakerV2 gave me some pretty good ideas. Applejack I could see playing a rather good Luke Cage, and I actually originally wanted Pinkie Pie to play Spider-Man, you know because of that spy thing she did in the Crystal Empire. But now I could see an a Teenaged Scootaloo playing the role, well him or Spiderwoman.

I also considered Doctor Hooves and Starswirl as Dr. Strange, but am now leaning more towards Twilight. As for Ghostrider... maybe this guy.

I think using Fluttershy for Ghost Rider is plausible, considering her Flutterbat persona, but what about Hulk? Who plays him? Also, using Applejack for Luke Cage is a creative idea.

(I sorta meant the other guy...) :twilightsheepish: But yeah, Flutterbat I think could play Blade or Ghostrider, probably Blade.

I always imagined Spike playing Bruce Banner, like he starts out on the good guys side, but then later gets kidnapped by the bad guys who use his greed-growth for their own purposes (Cue Lizard boss fight...). Hulk was an NPC character in the first game if I remember correctly, and you could talk to him in one of the chapters. I think this scenario is at least probable.

Listen, I going to add more names to the list above as more ideas and suggestions come to me. So please feel free to jot more ideas down when you have them.

The chimera can be Super Skrull, considering they're both amalgamations of either animals or characters.

How about Snowdrop as iceman and agent sweetie drops (bon bon) as nick fury.

That's a good idea, but what about Rarity, who would she play?

6217660 suggests Elektra, which I really like. It is a commonly held theory that Rarity takes self-defense classes and knows some martial arts. Plus her affinity for gems could lend her to using them as weapons, similar to how Elektra throws her ninja stars.

I suggested Rainbow Dash because she's a stunt pony, like johnny blaze is a stunt biker. She has an ego as big as he does as well.
I suggested Snowdrop as Daredevil because she is blind and has very good precision hearing and sense of touch.

I see where your coming from, and I think Snowdrop would make an excellent daredevil. But, if I recall correctly, she also has a talent for making snow, and that's what ultimately won out for me making her iceman. I'm not knocking your idea, I just think this fits better.

Rainbow too is a stunt pony and definitely has the ego of Johnny Blaze when he was alive, but after turning into Ghostrider his personality makes a 180 degree turn. As the Ghostrider, he becomes the revenger of lost souls, and as such hunts down bad people and punishes them for their crimes. I don't think Rainbow accurately displays that. Again, I see where your coming from but I think there are some better choices for the character. Thank you for suggestions, I always love to see other people's opinions on my ideas. :twilightsmile:

The Ghost Rider is a second entity though, it has doesn't really draw personality traits from the one it's possessing. The possessed is put in a kind of back seat driver scenario. That's where the bit about the rider being a curse in most cases comes from, they are forced to do these horrible (to their eyes) things and are tormented by the things they've experienced others doing.

Maybe Starlight can be Invisible Woman, I don't know why, and maybe we can have Twilight play as Jean Grey.

But I don't believe rainbow has ever been possessed by any strange entities in the show, at least nothing similar to ghostrider.

I was actually considering twilight or sunset shimmer for jean grey.

6217660 actually suggests using starlight glimmer as the Mandarin, which I think could work well. In the game, the Mandarin tries to usurp the masters of evil, only to be defeated. He escapes with a small group of villains he was able to convince to follow him and together they try to conquer Atlantis. Given starlight's past tricking and convincing ponies to follow her, this would seem like a good role for her (she'd be mind-controlled, of course).

After some thought, I decided to make Soarin Iceman and Snowdrop Daredevil. Soarin is a Pegasus, therefore he can control weather in this case snow and ice. Plus he has a sort of opposite dynamic with Spitfire, much like Iceman and the Human Torch. I decide to make Snowdrop daredevil after thinking about zoruatrainer66 argument a bit more (6218242), plus she's the only major blind character in the fandom.

I also have decided to have Tirek play Galactus, more specifically the alternate Tirek from the bad timeline. I had an idea where the heroes have to go to the timelines Starlight created to collect the items needed to defeat the big bad ( I don't know who will now play Doctor Doom). This will be similar to the watcher's part in the game, where he sends the Marvel heroes to different locations in order to stop doctor doom.

To find a candidate for Doctor Doom is hard, not only do we need a pony who's magical abilities can match that of Twilight, but a pony who's cunning can match Twilight's too, like a blow for blow kind of deal. And I know this seems out there, but why not Masked Matterhorn, I mean she's basically a copy of Twilight, only a little more exaggerated. And since the comics has shown us that the Power Ponies aren't just a comic, but living entities as well. So, using Masked Matterhorn as Doctor Doom would be a perfect fit.

If you go by that then the only ones who could be Ghost Rider are Princess Luna (Nightmare Moon possession) or King Sombra (before his fall into darkness he was a good ruler. His studies into magic combined with his hubris (the comics delve into this further) led him to dark magic and more specifically, a promise of power disguised as a contract of possession).

Here is my suggestions:

Ghost Rider - Spike. Because he is a dragon and dragons breath fire.

Iron Man - Fancy Pants

Red Skull - Prince Blueblood

Doctor Doom - Doctor Whooves

Loki - Star-swirl The Bearded

Maybe, but then again she's also a hero. I don't see her automatically becoming a supervillain, unless part of the Power Ponies storyline or something. What we need is someone who's intelligent, good with magic, a gifted mechanic and cunning enough to dupe the heroes as they go about their plan. Like you said, some who can stand up to the great Twilight Sparkle... herself, the great Midnight Sparkle. She is all these things, and an extremely gifted magic user as we see when she's transformed by magic during the Friendship Games. Heck, her motivations are even similar. She wants to understand magic (to me that means absorb it) and become the most powerful magic user in the world, much like Doom wants the powers of Odin for himself.

You make a compelling argument, but how would she get into the Equestrian Universe, unless if a villain learned about it and thought Sci Twi would be a good counter to Princess Twilight.

Them or Stygian. Wait a minute...

Chrysalis probably. She'd find out about the magic mirror, and the events that happened during the friendship games, the decides to recruit Midnight Sparkle to conquer Equestria. After all, who'd be better at taking then her own doppelganger. Midnight would of course take over and lead to charge to take over Equestria.

A few more ideas I had by the way, tell me what you think:
* Stygian/Pony of Shadows as Ghostrider
* Storm King as Attuma (Evil Atlantian warlord trying to take over atlantis; Evil yeti warlord trying to take over underwater Hippogriff kingdom)
* Doctor Whooves as Ironman (most technologically advanced pony in the fandom, could easily make himself a power suit)

I think the Pony of Shadows is a great Ghost Rider, the literal pony of shadows and the spirit of vengeance seems like a match made in heaven. And Doctor Hooves as Iron Man seems plausible. I don't read much Marvel so Attuma is lost to me.

Wait did you only want canon characters?

nope, any popular character from the fandom can be used here. Feel free to go wild. Just no original you created, we can only use characters widely accepted by the fandom.

I don't know much about him either, same as Namor (Marvel's Aquaman). Basically all you need to know is that in the game one of your missions is to help Namor save Atlantis from Attuma and his small gaggle of villains.

yep, just what I was thinking.

Maybe we can have a mind-controlled Braeburn as the Shocker.

Like a reference to the spectacular Spider-Man? Yeah, I can see that. I'll put him down.

Alright so Ironfist had been added to the list and he going to be played by Lyra Heartstrings, because of there is a headcanon where she can make magical fist constructs with her magic. I've also decided to make Doctor Whooves Ironman (if you reason as to way take a look at this link: https://derpibooru.org/251427?q=artist%3Amrflabbergasted), Flutterbat is now Blade (for obvious reasons), and a mind-controlled Breaburn is now playing the Shocker (I chose this because it works as a reference to the Spectacular Spider-Man).

I'm think of making Rainbow Dash Storm, mainly because the power pony she played in the comic was basically that, plus she can already control lightning being a pegasus. I'm also thinking of making the Skrulls changelings from the Chrysalis victorious timeline, with Pharynx playing the Super-Skrull. Any thoughts or opinions?

I say Princess Amore can be Odin, you know, since they're both rulers of lands that are affiliated with rainbows, the Crystal Empire spews rainbows once the Crystal Heart took affect, and Asgard has a rainbow bridge.

It's also snowy! :pinkiesmile:

But that then means I have to delve in the Sombra redeemed storyline and come up with a reason why he's evil again. Plus I already have a lot of mind-controlled villians already, and uggghhh.... THIS IS HARD! I really wish MLP wasn't so plot heavy.

It just occurs to me that a show about magic tiny horses, and originally aimed at little girls, has more plot relevance and traceable canonlogy then most of the shows a currently watch. :rainbowderp: My mind is blown.

While that is mind blowing, if I remember correctly (also, stop reading if you haven't seen the comic), King Sombra was found out in the front of the Crystal Empire, was taken in, made friends with a pony named Hope, was bullied, couldn't go to the Crystal Fair because every time he'd get terribly ill, met the princess at the time, Princess Amore, and later on became evil and stuff.

Basically your run down Naruto backstory.

That is true, but in a later issue of the comic Radient hope brings him back by casting a spell on his horn. He eventually ends up becoming a good guy, and the two decide to travel over Equestria and try to put Princess Amora back together.

It might just be simpler to use show Sombra, because he hasn't yet been reformed. The Crystal Empire can still he asgard, we just need something else Midnight Sparkle or whomever would to go after, probably the magic of the crystal heart or the power of the two alicorns that live there.

Or the magic of Sunset Shimmer and Starlight Glimmer.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 46