The Diamond Cutters 1,208 members · 1,361 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16
Telaros
Group Admin

Because screw piracy! We gotta show support for what we love and want to see more of right?

Source: https://derpibooru.org/895892

Fabulosity is such a curse. Not many ponies can make being covered in chocolate and pull off that kind of fabulousness. But props to Sweetietooth for at least bringing the adorableness!

To qualify for a free issue, simply reply with why YOU want a copy of the new Friends Forever #16 and a small review (in your own words of course) of one of your favorite Diamond Tiara moments in the show! Everyone gets an equal shot and preferably would like for any and all to be those who have not read the comics yet.

Note: Those selected will be mentioned and then be contacted directly. You'll need a valid email address to receive your gift.
Have at thee!

I'll return at the end of the day to ensure everyone has had ample chance at getting home from school or work. Try to keep comments spoiler free!

Reason why I want a Friends Forever #16-

I get the MLP comics from my local library, and recently I was informed that they are no longer buying new issues. Because DT is one of my favorite characters on the show, I've been itching to read #16 for a while, but I can't because I don't have the money or time to go out and purchase a copy of my own.

Favorite Diamond moment-

(Please don't get mad at me for this)

Probably when she figured out that the blank-flank comments weren't bothering the crusaders anymore, and she thought of a different (and exceptionally cruel) way of upsetting their chances of winning. I'm not saying it was one of her nicest moments, I just thought it was interesting.

I like it too, though my all-time favorite moment was the way they introed Diamond's new -- assistant. If you read the comic I think you know what I mean..

And seriously, where did she even get that rather steamy-looking costume?

You already gave me a game, mate, I'm fine with other people getting the comic.

But my favorite moment is when she goes all j j jameson and demands more shocking headlines. You may say her methods were brutal, but, much like the bugel, her sales were strong.

Telaros
Group Admin

4367120 I don't see how anyone can be upset over something like that. Flight to the Finish had some killer moments for DT as well. Even if trying to trick Scootaloo into switching up her scooter routine with actual flying to impress the crowd was a huge leap with that "Win at any cost" moment. And Silver had some very hoofs on ad libs there.

Point is, that is a wonderful moment and I'm glad you were honest with yourself and open enough to share your favorite moments. And the why you'd want the comic? I feel your pain. Many a comic shop have closed down or moved out of reach.

That said, congrats on being the owner of a Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon Friends Forever #16

4367503 Legendary page #7. Oh yeah, I know it. It's my absolute fav moment! :rainbowkiss::raritystarry::heart:

4367603 There is plenty for quite some people. You're free to one as well if you feel you'd like to own one yourself.

EDIT: And yes, Ponyville Confidential is still one of my all time favorite episodes. It had so much character growth and potential for Tiara for later episodes, I still feel they've yet to really tap into that potential much. But they're certainly starting to!

4368254 What better way to start a comic collection that with the two most fabulous fillies in town?

I'll take it, but only if there's enough for everyone who asked...I mean I don't want anyone to lose their comic because of me

Telaros
Group Admin

4368293 I very much doubt that'll be a problem. I'm keeping this open until end of Friday anyways. Grats on your first issue! Hit me up in a provate message with a valid email address to receive your copy.

Telaros
Group Admin

4368293 Congratulations on your first IDW MLP comic!

Let us know what you think of it some time. :twilightsmile:

Telaros
Group Admin

4367120 Just a reminder to drop me a line in Note with the email you'd like me to send the gift to. :twilightsmile:

4368413 Just got it and dove right in.

At least They won something. Though really a tunnel from the castle of the two sisters to sweet apple acres? If the cmc weren't protagonists they wouldn't stand a chance. But yes Silver and Tiara won.

Telaros
Group Admin

4367120 Congratulations on your new comic!

4369427 There certainly are many forms of winning.

Probably too late for this, but oh well. Looks fun enough to participate in late anyway.

Why do I want a copy? Who doesn't like free stuff? If left to my own sorely limited entertainment budget, I'd probably have too many other things competing with the few dollars I can spare. Something huggable and made of cloth, for example. So my choice is to either find a copy locally somewhere and read it (gently) then put it back on the shelf and hope I can finish it in time before a shopworker mook stops me, or some other way to read the story for free once, or miss out.

Having a gift would let me read the story, enjoy some art, and avoid the mook. And still probably buy a plushie someday!

So what is my favorite DT moment?

When she became the editor in chief for the Foal Free Press. A lot of stuff from Twilight Time comes close to bumping into first place, but this episode still holds a pretty solid spot in my heart.

I like it because it was probably Diamond's first really "big" block of screen time. It wasn't just a brief cameo with her on screen to toss some insults, make one or more of the CMC feel bad for a little while, then disappear to be seen next season maybe. While she was still an antagonist, she had some obvious and understandable goals. It was a chance for her to display her talent for leadership. She was getting results. Obviously she lacked ethics, but you can just tell that had her reporters stuck with their successful column, she could have attracted other talent, or transferred to a proper news agency, and shot to the top. It's not that she was specifically gifted in journalism, but that just happened to be the job that fell in her hooves. Whatever it is she ends up doing, she is going to drive that business forward and produce results. When ponies listen to her and do as she says, stuff gets done.

It's that kind of drive, ambition, and ability to get things done that makes her an interesting character to begin with. Even the main cast members tend to fill roles in episodes that involve them learning about themselves, learning how to get along, and so on. Some, like Rainbow Dash, have dreams and goals, and have stories centered around pursuing those goals. Others, like Applejack or Fluttershy, depict them more or less trying to stay home and make sure the roof doesn't collapse. Stories involving Diamond Tiara in a more central role are innately appealing because they promise to be very different, and to cover an area that you don't see with the main cast, or the CMC. Like was seen in Ponyville Confidential.

If you want it narrower than an entire episode, I'd say the scene when Cheerilee steps out of the classroom to let Diamond Tiara take over, and the first thing she does is pull down a giant picture of herself. She has absolutely no illusions about who this is all about.

Telaros
Group Admin

4371922 The event has passed but I'm still left with a few issues to give out. So it's good to see more people interested in a copy.

PM me or Steam me any email address you'd like to receive your gift copy.

Here's hoping there's a writer on staff that will one day really put DT and Silver Spoon to some Ponyville Confidential or even Twilight Time usage. Would be nice to see newer stories with them playing a bigger role in them then just trot-by insults.

Telaros
Group Admin

4371922 Grats on your copy. Let us know what you think on it sometime!

Well, not only was that a rather cute story, it reinforced a lot of my own ideas about how Ponyville appears when you remove the bias of CMC=main characters. I especially liked the interaction between DT and her father. That was great stuff.

Telaros
Group Admin

4373723 haha, yeah that was cute. I loved the imply that the whole tricking her father thing for getting her a new member required her to 'study' it as if she's never tried to do that before. lol xD

Not to mention how she sort of felt like she had to attend the concert after seeing her dad gush over her 'noble intentions' for his sake. It almost seemed like she was struck with guilt there or just conceding defeat since telling him not to go would be hurtful.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16