The Diamond Cutters 1,208 members · 1,361 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20
Telaros
Group Admin

That's right, 24 lovely hours starting at 6AM till Monday, 6AM Eastern US Standard Time, we challenge YOU follow Diamond Cutters to write as many stories long or short with a beginning, middle and end.

The catch? NO GOING BACK TO FIX MISTAKES! Don't pause or go back to fix that one scene that "could of been expanded" or "maybe if I changed it to...", NO! Just WRITE!

Jot down as many stories as you can and share them here!

"But what if I got an idea for a non-Diamond Tiara story?" IT DOESN'T MATTER! This is a GROUP CHALLENGE! The point of this is to see HOW MANY STORIES you can dish out, from those 5 sentence stories to something that would make even SS&E do a double take at your one-shot!

Be it on a Google docs or published on the site. Be sure to post links to the published works by Monday 6AM!

YOU CAN DO IT!

(But, you know, if you DO write a bunch, and happen to slip in a DT short somewhere, that'd be cool too! )

The princesses were gone, the Embodiments of Harmony were gone, but at last the war was over. The surviving ponies fell into despair, because although they had won, the cost had been very high. If only they could find direction again, if only they could find purpose again, they might begin to rebuild... and live.

And then Diamond Tiara came.

There's a story for you.

Telaros
Group Admin

3308809 One down, and 24 hours and 25 minutes worth of writing time to go! :pinkiehappy:
ENDURANCE WRITING!

Well, there's the choice of working on that scene in Cubic Zirconia I've been trying to get myself to work on this weekend, or working on a new one-shot. I'd really better work on the former, especially since I have two other fics to work on as well, one of which I should release soon, now that I have the cover art.

Besides, the main idea running through my head properly belongs in Cubic Zirconia, anyway...

--arcum42

Telaros
Group Admin

2 Hours left for the Skype people, 6 Hours to go for the rest of you awesome people. Let's see how many stories people were able to squeeze out in just 24 hours!

Telaros
Group Admin

3308835 Well, challenges go for those who have the time and want to challenge themselves. You seem to fall into the same category of those who don't have time to participate right now, but maybe next time!

It's just nice to see members participate, even if they can only squeeze out one idea out on paper. Just a writing excerise and something one can look back on and go "I did this in a day? Awesome." so while it is a 24 Hour Challege for the group, there is no set date of when you can choose to do this. But writing a bunch of stories ahead of time and then accepting would only cheat one's self.

So, yeah, it's just a challenge. You could come by tomorrow and be all "I'll accept this challenge!" and I'd just keep track of the hours since the challenge was officially accepted is all. Nothing super serious aside from seeing how well one can express an idea as fast and effectively as possible.

TL;DR:

HARDCORE!

We need to form a Wild Cutters Diamond Tiara guild or something xD

For what it's worth, while I didn't write it in the last 24 hours, I'm waiting for the first chapter of a fanfic to be approved. Diamond hasn't gotten any lines in it yet, but Silver Spoon does get to say "RISE, MY SPOON ARMY! MWAAHAHAHAHA!", which should count for something. Diamond will get some lines in later, I'm sure...

--arcum42

Edit: Magical Filly Apple B is now up.

Telaros
Group Admin

3311264 You had me at Spoon Army. :heart:
Writing and sharing what you write is never easy, not to most, and even what you all do takes time and effort. It really takes a lot of love for an idea to get the push to really pen it down.

So, yeah, I think it should count, seeing how you're already posting it before the last hours up, anyhow. You're an awesome dude Arcum42. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. And speaking of Spoons, I did promise to pre-read a Silver story for someone again, but damn if I haven't been screaming for ways to squeeze in more hours into a day to do stuff.

Damn, if Silver ends up having a Spoon Saw for a right foreleg, and pulling lines like "Come Get' Sum!", I think I'll squee my pants off. :rainbowkiss:

Thanks, I appreciate that. And believe me, I know exactly how you feel about finding time.

This is a magical girl filly story, with Apple Bloom in the lead role, but Silver Spoon gets to be the lead villain. Expect magical girl cliches, and I've made it pretty apparent that Silver Spoon isn't exactly herself. I'm actually quite proud of the opening, which is from her point of view.

--arcum42

Telaros
Group Admin

3311381 Awesome! I been feeling left to dry with lack of awesome Magical Filly action since Apple Bloom and Diamond Tiara Are Filly Cure had to go on hiatus for a bit. So, yeah, I'm more pumped then ever to hear we get more awesome Magical Filly awesomness!

Not sure how fast this one will go, since I'll be juggling it with my other two main fanfics, but I love what Conicer did with the cover art...

--arcum42

Telaros
Group Admin

3311392 I'm. Like. WOW.

WHY IS THAT SO AMAZING!?

Dude, was that a commission picture? Who made that?? Shit, I wanna gift a commission for my favorite Magical Filly story but I WANT IT TO BE THIS EPIC! XD

That look on her face, the same look I saw while reading their reactions to finding out Diamond and her were the partners they were hunting down. AB's expression there is GOLD.

Also, Winona, I know that feel. I had that reaction when I first started watching Pretty Cure, too.

This is by Conicer, and total props to him, this wasn't a commission. I posted over on the Art for Fanfiction group asking for cover art with the base concept, and just when I thought no one was going to respond, he said he might be interested. I showed him the chapter I'd written, and this is what he came up with after a few back and forth e-mails.

I love it and totally want to direct everyone over to him for commissions...

--arcum42

Telaros
Group Admin

3311409 Ah, well. dang. I wonder if he still has a no DT policy. Maybe someday, but, I'd rather risk going for commissions from people who enjoy the character as the one who did the cover for Bestest Kind. But yeah, I love Con's art. Just wish he'd open up a bit to DT. But he has his reasons and I respect those.

Ah, that's a shame. I would have loved an illustration of my description of Silver Spoon as a villain as well, but Apple Bloom is the main character, so having her on the cover makes more sense...

-- arcum42

Aww... I missed it. Anyways y'all got a date for the next 24 hour challenge?

I don't think Telaros noticed this, but we talked about it a bit before. I'm pretty sure that you're really free to try this anytime, as it's more of a challenge than a contest, really. Just set a time to begin and let the fics fly.

3338540 Sweet. I might give it a shot this weekend, then.

Awesome. I look forward to seeing your results.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20