The Diamond Cutters 1,208 members · 1,361 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
MagerBlutooth
Group Admin

Hello everyone! In case you haven't heard yet, I'm working to help make this group's community more active. To begin work in that field, I thought it would be fun to start a casual prompting exercise for all who wanted to participate. I've contacted several people about it, but it's still open to anyone who wants to join.

The way it works is simple. One person presents a prompt or scenario for Diamond Tiara to respond to, and everyone else submits a response on how they imagine she would. The response can be of any length or format they choose (story, script, song, artwork, poem, a descriptive sentence, etc.). Be as creative as you want!

I've also finally finished the organization process after working on it with Mudpony, and I think we've come up with a decent way to implement the idea. We wanted the exercise to be as casual as possible in a way that would encourage people to join in without it taking up too much time. So, we've made a new account, DiamondPrime, to post a story that will be made up of the submitted prompts. It'll be something of a group effort collection of short stories. According to our projected idea, we'll put all responses under 500 words into one chapter and let longer ones be their own. And if you don't want to submit something that can be published, we'll just post it here instead.

We're planning to start sometime this week, but there really isn't any deadline as of this moment. The first prompt is "Diamond Tiara comes to school to find the CMC wearing tiaras exactly like her own."

You can PM me if you have any questions are are interested in participating. I've gotten a few responses already and I really liked what I saw. I'm interested to see what other people can come up with.

L4
L4 #2 · Jan 27th, 2013 · · ·

still.... is there any type of deadline? Does it end when a new prompt has been released?

MagerBlutooth
Group Admin

Since we can add chapters and rearrange the order very easily, it shouldn't be a problem if we get a later submission even three years after it was first proposed. I don't see any reason to make one. :twilightsmile:

Should be promising. So if we want to respond to that prompt, do we do it here or wait for another post?

I already sent you a response, Mager. If you want, I could post it in this thread.

i look forward to seeing where this goes, long live the diamond pony.

MagerBlutooth
Group Admin

If you want to submit something in a publishable format, you can send it to me through PM. Otherwise, posting it here's fine.
I'll take care of it after I make the actual story.
I look forward to it as well.

So I can't make this a short story, but I can offer up my first reaction to this idea:
The first prompt is "Diamond Tiara comes to school to find the CMC wearing tiaras exactly like her own."

All according to plan.
Diamond Tiara walks into class with her head held high, passing the desks of the CMC and giving the girls a warm greeting. A bet was made, and they clearly lost. Now, Diamond Tiara has three fillies who have to be her happy and obedient work horses for the day. They get the honor of carrying hers and Silver Spoon's books, they get to offer up their lunches to her, they wear tiara's like hers as a sign that they wish they could be her rather than loser blank flanks, and even at the end of the day they get to thank Diamond for letting them be her work horses for the day.

But to really take advantage of this, she gives a special task to each of them. Diamond orders Apple Bloom to fix the wobble in her desk chair, and the creaky desk she has. Sweetie Belle will be in charge of monitoring Diamond and Silver's nap time, but she has to lull them to sleep and wake them up with some singing. And Scootaloo has the best honor of all - she gets to drive Diamond and Silver around Ponyville in a wagon attached to her scooter.

I have a feeling it's going to be a good day for Diamond Tiara.

MagerBlutooth
Group Admin

Wonderful, I never considered that being the reason. I believe that makes five total responses at the moment, and not one of them are the same. Nearly all of them result in a DT victory, but yours is the only one so far that begins with a DT victory. Very slice of life-esque. I could honestly see a story like that being written.

L4

Ah... I'm going the typical route with this prompt.

XD I just love me some angst. I'm also really tempted to base it around your concept of DT, MagerBlutooth. Hopefuly not copy-like just similar-base. Then again your DT is so canon-relatedable that i dunno. >3--... Well My fics is probably going to be above five thousand words. I'm not good at making short fanfictions.

but I do have my cover art. I really love making cover art. Too bad I actaully suck at drawing... look at all the horrors my big fat picture has!

MagerBlutooth
Group Admin

Sounds great! And I"m curious to know what type of story you're planning to write involving two Silver Spoons and an evil, eye-less DT in the shadows. Can't wait to read it! :rainbowkiss:

Also, I'm glad to hear you like my take on DT. In a sense, it's the main focal point of my story, and I haven't gotten any feedback on it yet. I have her character description mapped out, but I'm curious to know if people are perceiving it as I'm writing it.

MagerBlutooth
Group Admin

All right, the story's been posted http://www.fimfiction.net/story/81877/the-diamond-cutter-anthology and we're ready to begin the 2nd prompt. Also, DarkShockBro submitted an entry in an alternate format. I'll post it right here for him as I promised I would:

(Diamond is sitting down, ready for class to begin, proud as ever. I want to keep this canon, so no Spoon in a wheelchair and no Ripe Orange)

Apple Bloom: "Hey, Diamond!"

Diamond Tiara: (ignores her)

Apple Bloom: "We got somethin' ya might wanna look at!"

Diamond Tiara: (sighs) "What is it, you moronic blank...flanks...you're kidding, right?"

Apple Bloom: "Yep, that's right, Diamond! We got tiaras just like you!"

Diamond Tiara: (snickers, and then bursts out laughing) "Wow, now THAT'S desperation! What did you blank flanks make those tacky things out of; pig manure covered in aluminum foil?"

Apple Bloom: "No! They're made out of diamonds..."

Diamond Tiara: (stands up and looks at their tiaras) "FAKE diamonds, you mean. I'm not an idiot, blank flanks; those are made from zirconia."

Scootaloo: (gets in Diamond's face) "Hey! They are SO made out of diamonds!"

Diamond Tiara: (in a haughty tone) "Diamonds are for rich, special, awesome ponies like me."

Sweetie Belle: "Um...Rarity isn't poor."

Cheerilee: "Diamond Tiara, that's enough."

Diamond Tiara: (gets defensive) "Hey, I have every right to be angry! I made this tiara myself, I'm not gonna take these blank flanks jacking my style!"

Cheerillee: "If you don't get to your seat this instant, you're staying with me after school for a week."

Diamond Tiara: (angry) "Fine." (takes the long way around class and whispers to the CMC with venom in her voice) "If I see those tacky pieces of crap on your heads for one more second, Celestia help me, I will
end you after school."

Apple Bloom: (sighs) "Maybe we should take 'em off."

Sweetie Belle: "Yeah..."

Scootaloo: "Oh, come on! At the very least, let's put them in our saddlebags to piss Diamond Tiara off!"

Diamond Tiara: (hears all of this, but doesn't say a word) "I'm getting those tiaras..."
(After school, when the CMC have left)

Diamond Tiara: "Miss Cheerilee, the CMC are using those tiaras to MOCK me and my hard-earned special talent of jewelry making. Confiscate them!"

Cheerilee: (sighs) "If they wear them tomorrow, and I can tell their intention is to mock, I shall confiscate them. Is that alright?"

Diamond Tiara: (nods and smiles) "Thank you, Miss Cheerilee."

(Diamond takes her saddlebag, walks outside, closes the door and starts laughing evilly) "Nopony mocks Diamond Tiara, blank flanks. That will always be my job. AH HA HA!" (walks over to Spoon, and the two walk home)

(True to fashion, the CMC arrive with the tiaras the next morning.)

Apple Bloom: "Heh, bet you wish that you could get these off us, huh? Where's your cocky attitude now?"

Diamond Tiara: (frowns innocently) "Miss Cheerilee! You heard that, right?"

Cheerilee: "Yes. Cutie Mark Crusaders, I would like to have your tiaras."

Apple Bloom: "What? But we made them ourselves!"

Diamond Tiara: "You don't have a cutie-mark, which you would've gotten if you made it yourself. Face
the facts; you bought them cheap to mock lil' old me." (pouts)

Apple Bloom: (sweatdrops immensely) "That's not..."

Cheerilee: "Please give them to me, Cutie Mark Crusaders."

Apple Bloom: "Fine."

(The three give their tiaras to Cheerilee while Diamond gives an innocent smile. As Apple Bloom heads
to her seat, she glares at Diamond, who merely smiles triumphantly.)

Diamond Tiara: (whispers) "Where's my cocky attitude? Right here, blank flank."

Apple Bloom: (growls)

MagerBlutooth
Group Admin

In addition, DarkShock has chosen the 2nd prompt for the project: "Diamond Tiara and Babs Seed get into a verbal or physical fight after school. What's it about and who prevails?"

Mudpony
Group Admin

Time to use that to go off in a silly direction nobody will expect!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14