Celestia Is The Best Pony 2,889 members · 2,584 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

As the topic title says, I'm asking you what your preferred thoughts/headcannon as to what Celestia was like before Luna's banishment, and even before she was a Princess.

Do you even believe that Celestia had a younger self, or has the immortal goddess always existed as she does since the dawn of Equestria? (Yes, it does bring up flaws with Hearthwarming Eve story, but again I'm asking for Celestia's fans own thoughts)

Do you have the headcannon that Celestia's mane color was much different before she became a Princess, similar to the change with Luna S1 to Luna now?

Or do you think Celestia has always had multicolored mane?

Was Celestia born as the first Alicorn, or did she get transformed into an Alicorn like Twilight and Cadance?

If she wasn't always an Alicorn, what kind of pony do you think she was before she became a Princess? Was she a Unicorn? A Pegasus? Or was she an Earth Pony?

How do you picture Celestia in her Teen years? Do you think she had any embarrassing looks back then?

Do you see her becoming some sort of snob, thinking herself higher than other ponies in her youth, before she learned better?

Or do you think she was more of a rebel when she was young?

Or perhaps she was a quiet and lonely teen?

Or do you think she didn't change at all, and teen Celestia was the caring mare she is today?

When do you think she became a Princess? Was she still just a child? A Teenage Princess? Or when she became a fully grown mare?

Was become a Princess the moment she gotten her cutie mark? Or do you think she got it before? If she got it before she became a Princess, what do you think she got it from doing?

Boy, this topic has a lot of questions doesn't it? :trollestia:
Did that last question count?
No. No it didn't.

Well I don't think there will be many people answer this. Most will have fell over and died at the sight of filly Celestia at the door picture. Too much cuteness can kill, I've been told.

The 8th picture is heretical.:twilightangry2:

I hate the pink mane. I always say that her natural hair is a glowing golden blonde.

I like most interpretations of Celestia as a teen, because we really don't know what she was like as a child. The show has proven it is not afraid to have radically different characterizations for ponies when they were younger (eg: Pinkie's younger years as a depressive and Twilight's years as an antisocial snob) that they develop out of as they grow (and sometimes sink back into).

If I have a favourite interpretation, it would be a proud and somewhat standoff-ish teen who matured into a wise and caring ruler over time. I am also fond of her as stammering and awkward, but I do like separating her from Twilight, who lives this character concept.

Being a Heretic is like being a rebel. Teen Celestia doesn't like your rules man! She'll hang out with guys like Discord just to spite you, old Commissar! Only the teen lord of chaos can understand the real her!

It was a phase in Celestia life she could end up regretting. And Discord would never let her forget.

If that's so then she's dead for me.:ajsleepy:

...You'd hate/killed Celestia just because 3000+ years ago when she was still a kid she might have been a rebel and hung out with the 'bad crowed'?

Did you ever even liked Celestia to begin with? :applejackunsure:

Once Tainted, always Tainted.:ajbemused:

(However i doubt that she did, so she's still best Pony.:rainbowkiss:)

I think Celestia was born an alicorn, but didn't achieve a large, powerful role until Equestria was founded.

My personal head-canon is that Celestia and Luna were born at the beginning, but kept themselves hidden from the ponies because they thought that they would fear the alicorns because of their power. They then saw the suffering of the ponies under Discord, so they came out of hiding and fought him, thus gaining the ponies love and respect.

Aside from that, Celestia may have been more like Cadence when she was younger, now, she is still just as kind, but in a more serious and dutiful way.

2939998 I think of Celestia in her teen years as a rambunctious, but well meaning child. She does pull pranks on others and just wants to have fun like any teenager, but she comes from a good family and ultimately knows right from wrong. While she doesn't have all the answers, like every young person, she still tries hard to change things in anyway she kind.

Like the sun, she fully of energy and life. She is optimistic and upbeat, much like Pinkie pie only toned down a bit. She always looks for the good in others and has a very difficult time holding grudges. However, this can make her gullible at times, as she is sometimes a little too trusting. Because of her 'sunny' personality, she is easy to get along with. She loves pulling pranks on others, but the pranks are usually never malevolent or out of spite, but out of fun and to lighten the mood. She also very kind and sensitive to the feelings of others. Piss her off, however, and you may find yourself in an world of hurt.

But no matter how kind she is to others, there is one pony who she feels she cannot show enough kindness. Her little sister, Luna. Celestia, in my mind, absolutely adores Luna. She loves this pony more than any other thing in the world. There is nothing Celestia would not do for her. And Luna looks up to her. They have a strong friendship and a loving relationship that stands the test of time. Which is why Celestia was hurt when Luna became Nightmare Moon. Celestia loves Luna as any pony would love their family members and she feels that they are stronger when they are together. While they may have their difference, their love for each other overcomes whatever challenges they face.

As the years went on, she became more down to earth, especially after being forced to banish her sister. She still tries to maintain her energetic qualities, but has lost much of it due to her constant struggle with her loss and the constant guilt she feels about not being able to save her little sister.

In short, she is a young, energetic teen with a bit of a joker in her. However, she has a limitless compassion that has the ability to see the good in others, while maintaining the strength to protect those she cares about. I often compare her to the Superman of the MLP franchise. A strong source of strength and courage that many ponies look up to. She is not perfect, but has a strong moral center which many ponies can look up to and she does this in the hopes that one day, others will stand by her side (Like Cadence and Twilight) and make a difference in Equestria.

That's all I've got. I hope it at least answered one question about how I feel about Celestia.

Celestia is best pony, suckers!

For my Celestia it would be kind of hard to be a rambunctious teenager when she had to eek out a life as a farmer/warrior in what was pretty much the armpit of what was and will become Equestria. Ok she was precocious when she was younger, that all changed when she saw her mother being foalnapped at the age of ten. She had to grow up far too fast, even by Discordiant Era standards.

As for the mane and tail... she didn't have a plain pink mane, she had a tri-color at the least prior to her Ascension from Earth Pony to Alicorn.

For my Celestia it would be kind of hard to be a rambunctious teenager when she had to eek out a life as a farmer/warrior in what was pretty much the armpit of what was and will become Equestria. Ok she was precocious when she was younger, that all changed when she saw her mother being foalnapped at the age of ten. She had to grow up far too fast, even by Discordiant Era standards.

As for the mane and tail... she didn't have a plain pink mane, she had a tri-color at the least prior to her Ascension from Earth Pony to Alicorn.

My own headcanon for a young Celestia is the 'teen rebel' model. Specifically, in my Doctor Whooves fanfics she was a companion of the Seventh Doctor, basically the pony equivalent to the teen rebel companion Ace (or, in this case, Alicorn Celestia of Equestria). Frankly, when the idea hit me, the thought of "teen rebel Celestia" was too personally amusing to pass up.

The backstory I made is she and Luna were both natural born Alicorns and raised together with the intent to mold them into proper Princesses. Celestia, however, resented the idea of her destiny being picked out for her and fought at every turn until eventually she flat out ran away. This landed her in with the Doctor, who recognized who she was but kept quiet and let her travel with him, picking destinations designed to teach her lessons about her own future. The intent being to not only make her understand the responsibility her great power imparts, but want to claim it.

In these years, she wore jackets or other coverings to hide her wings and pass as a unicorn. She had the pink mane, but in her final adventure with the Doctor, in which she unleashes a large amount of power to protect ponies, she comes into her full power as a princess and gains the aurora mane. It's then she leaves the Doctor returns to her home time and willingly becomes the Princess we know and love today.

Celestia grew adult fast. She was acting as mother to Luna, a stern mother, demanding. She was tasked with responsibility and she followed that against her own nature, and wanted her sister to follow it the same. But with day she was getting praise and love for her dedication, which let her bear the burden - there was no such grace for Luna.
After Luna's banishment she tasted solitude and swore off the stern ways.

Still, think of pic eight without the rebel garb. Adult but still before rising to power, too serious and acting too adult for her age.

"And look where it brought us. If Equestria burns down, so be it, I'm not losing you again, sister."

2939998 I have her as an earth pony during her younger days, about over 600 years before Hearth's Warming. And if you want to know about my take on ancient earth ponies, imagine the pony equivalent of the Celts. Luna was also an earth pony at that time, but they weren't sisters by blood, they just got close enough to consider themselves sisters after centuries being together.

Comment posted by La Vallett1 deleted Feb 25th, 2014

I really like teenage rebel Celestia. :trollestia:

And young Celestia.

And all Celestias.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16