Celestia Is The Best Pony 2,887 members · 2,582 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

And I figured this was the best group to ask.

What I'm looking for is a story about Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns that has a 'feeling' similar to Hogwarts. You know, something whimsical and filled with wonder, students going about their days. Maybe an adventure, maybe Celestia has to deal with something. I think you people get the idea.

Not a Harry Potter crossover, though.

If anyone can recommend a story along those line, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks.

The only story I remember reading close to that is 'An Alchemists Heart' by Seven Fates, that story is a sequel to another story, 'When a Pony Calls', it also has an unfinished sequel. All I'll say if you choose to read these? Prepare for suffering.

Hm.. I can't help with that one. Though I do know a good story in EQG land where they hunt vampires between school antics, which might also be nice.:scootangel:

Well, if you say it is good, I'm definitely willing to take a look.

The original poster said:

You know, something whimsical and filled with wonder

imho, your "Principal Celestia Hunts the Undead" series IS "whimsical" and fun, but I'm not sure if it's "filled with wonder." I still recommend it, though!

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/309351/principal-celestia-hunts-the-undead

It doesn't seem a perfect fit for what you want but I am told the author is extremely handsome and that's not nothing.

And I mean, it does have magical discovery, wacky schoolyard cringe, and found families, so like C+ at worst. :scootangel:

imho, your "Principal Celestia Hunts the Undead" series IS "whimsical" and fun, but I'm not sure if it's "filled with wonder." I still recommend it, though!

Applejack's muscles, checkmate.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/8075/darkest-before-dawn

I think something like this fits. Twilight goes to Celestia's school and there are a lot of interactions with her unicorn classmates, many of them are quirky and eccentric, there are adventures/misadventures, whimsical overtones etc. Also has one of my favorite depictions of the evolution of the teacher and student relationship between Celestia and Twilight, because it's not quite the same as it is usually depicted in the fics but feels more fresh and real somehow, fitting their personalities more, preserving more mystery. Also, Twilight is written as a kid that is really, really smart but not immature or childish and yet still a child, which is hard to properly pull off.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8