Celestia Is The Best Pony 2,888 members · 2,582 stories
Comments ( 30 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 30

I don't care what the comic writers or show writers do with Celestia. I will keep writing my Celestia romance stories (yes I'd like to do others - in time) till the bitter end. Canon or not, I will support the Celestia I know and love.

I know many of you are saddened and upset with the developments in the comic series with Celestia and the alternate King Sombra. While the comics may be considered canon until the show changes anything, it doesn't mean bronies that love Celestia one way or another have no place in the fandom. And that bit at the end of the season finale, that hardly felt like a dislestia ship tease to me. What Discord did was simply an act of apologetic groveling for what he did.

I remember feeling leery when I read the brief season finale synopsis that first appeared. But a new one appeared and didn't sound nearly so bad. Now, after seeing the season 4 finale, I'm glad things turned out all right in the end. We ever got a Twilight, Celestia, Luna and Cadence song out of it. I was blown away! :raritystarry:

I'm not going to ramble on endlessly, but I just want to offer some comfort and words of encouragement to those who feel shocked and/or betrayed. Even if a dislestia ship should emerge in the show (which would feel more tacked on than any romance in history *coughs* "Titantic", but it doesn't mean Celestia fans need to feel they have no place, especially the ones that enjoy human x Celestia shipping. As long as there are writers out there that will keep our dream alive, what do we have to fear? Let anyone say what they will. If I have to, I'll stand alone, but I'm not going to abandon the princess that makes me happy.

Yeah, I know tl;dr. :twilightsheepish: But I felt a need to share my thoughts and offer you all a place to share yours, pro or con.

- Jaydex

And an image of the reason we're all here!

Jaydex you have no idea how pleased I am to hear this. I think I will copy-paste this over at PC, unless you wish to start the thread yourself

I, for one, support canon Celestia shipping. :trollestia:
--and that's with Celly being best pony, mind you!

I'd love to see her get a canon relationship, not relying only on the fans to get love. :heart:
(And since when did a canon relationship stop people from writing shipfics? It just presents another obstacle to the romance you want to write, and obstacles in the way of the romance is what makes a romance story interesting.)

Heh, I can only imagine the fanrage if Luna was even hinted at as being taken. :rainbowlaugh:

I've posted the thread in your group's forum. Glad you enjoyed my thread. :twilightsmile:

She doesnt look that pleased.
I think you need to intensify your praising.

3834364 My goddess, you're right!

I honestly do not get you guys sometimes.

The nature of fanfiction itself makes itself out of canon, correct?

Yet somehow some fanfiction are somehow more "in-canon" as it were.

You drive me maddle with riddles and the like.

Is there any wonder why I wish to bring the utmost great apocalypse to this site and purge whatever is out of date?
*(Some extremely notable exceptions may apply once per Friday.)*

So what is the purpose of fanfiction if the destiny of that of which is to eventually become obsolete one way or another in due time?

I have yet to find a firm answer that does not skirt around the issue.

I am midly displease. I feel the urge to bring an exterminatus on this thread and on any dissenters so that my sovereign reign shall forever be absolute with no questions asked.

My logic and rational shall dominate anything against my will here...

Or not. Perhaps I am just maddler.

Might I present an alternative in the form of the almighty Hojo?

>people getting up in arms about Dislestia
It's not my top ship by any means, and I understand why people would be bothered by it, but I'm actually going to count my blessings on this one:
It would be a hell of a lot better than shipping her with "Amazing Stallion Manufactured For the Purpose of Being (Celestia's) Mate",
You know, like they did to that other princess character. :ajbemused:

MLai #11 · Apr 5th, 2016 · · 1 ·

I don't see the problem with the show shipping Celestia with Discord, if it ever did that. Anyone wish to explain why that is a bad thing?
It's certainly better than shipping the Princess with Crystalsssss...

So you don't see anything wrong with her being shipped to her worst enemy?

Are you really a celestia fan?:applejackunsure:

MLai #13 · Apr 6th, 2016 · · 1 ·

It is Celestia who proposed, to skeptical ponies, that Discord be freed from stone and be given a chance to reform. Discord is not Celestia's "worst enemy".
You guys remind me of the Fish Speakers.

Lorenzelevas
Group Admin

5156544 Ignoring that Celestia is the OG element bearer (as in element of Harmony) and that Discord is the spirit of Choas,

Her plan to "reform" Discord was probably born from her own discord for what Discord fundamentally is; I mean we went from being able to fuck up like, everything to now being ordered around by the dead weight of the mane six; at this point he's betrayed who he fundamentally is and there's nothing to hate, because there's next to nothing at all in there.

Because his MAGIC could be used for good.

And the meta explanation was that discord proved to be quite popular so they tried ways to keep him relevant in the show.

By the way, this episode gave more or less birth to Fluttercord. If any discord shipping would become somewhat canon then it definitely would be Fluttercord.

MLai #16 · Apr 7th, 2016 · · 1 ·

I'm getting the feeling that Celestia is suffering the Jesus Dilemma from certain segments of her fandom who are long on assertiveness but short on introspection.

Jesus, canonically, preached about helping the poor, decried violence and usury, and famously never judged the outcasts of society. But here in America we have a surprisingly large number of self-avowed proud Christians who want to cut more education, cut more social programs, drop more bombs, give the rich more tax breaks, and pillory ppl who are different or who made mistakes in their lives.

These are ppl for whom Jesus resides on their lips but not in their hearts. They treat Jesus as only a godhead, not as a teacher for their lives.

And this is why Celestia needs emissaries for her ponies, i.e. Twilight and friends. Not because of powerlessness, but because of the Jesus Dilemma.

Referring to the Mane 6 as dead weight, arbitrarily judging someone based on what he was rather than what he could become, and evaluating someone based on how much he should or could be hated, is definitely not according to Celestia's teachings.

Regardless of his utilitarian score, he would not be freed if Celestia did not hold the fundamental belief that all beings can be changed, for the better or the worse. Celestia displays this belief not just with Discord.

As for Fluttershy... well ok, why not. Discord has different dynamics with different ponies that he likes.

5157677 Do you find it odd that in this group, which has 1,125 stories centering around Celestia, only has 6 DisLestia stories? :applejackunsure:

Oh god...not again.
Listen. This ship is more or less dead, ok? It's very unlikely that it will happen in this season especially with the new staff.
So if you ship dislestia or whatever then do so but neither i nor a few others care about or want to have discussion about it,

Many despise this ship with good reason so please stop. You can go to the dislestia group and talk there about it, none will bother you there but here many don't want to talk about it nor discuss because it will end in flame wars.

The only somewhat canonical shipping for Celestia would be Good Guy Sombra if you consider the comics canon. This the only official thing regarding celestia's love life. Everything else is simple headcanon and therefore meaningless.

So let's drop it ok?

Here I am, voicing potentially charged micro-opinions on the interplay between culture and religion over time, how its apparatus tends to subsume even the person it supposedly worships (wisely, this is why Buddha denied that he is divine), and how it all relates to Celestia... and you think the thing I care about is whether a hairy crocodile gets it on with a white horse.

This reminds me to read The Celestia Code.

Just stop.
You replied to an year old dead thread.

So if someone browsed a thread about the nature of Nightmare Moon vs Luna, but didn't see an answer at the end of the thread, he shouldn't post?
AFAIC, necromancy is fine in the pursuit of deeper truth.
(Hmm... that's sig-worthy, so sayeth fire horse.)

Lorenzelevas
Group Admin

5157677 Yeah the "Jesus in America" thing isn't going to stick, both Alexer and I are Aust's of some kind. I mean the fact that you're trying to compare Celestia to Jesus is silly enough already but even if one were to go theological Celestia is less of a Jesus and more of a Big G figure.

Referring to the Mane 6 as dead weight,

Just Fluttershy, Fluttershy is the dead weight Twilight fucking carries that team.

arbitrarily judging someone based on what he was rather than what he could become,

First of all this doesn't really apply to whether or not to ship but let's not pretend that Discord is the same as Starlight Glimmer or Sunset Shimmer, people/ponies aren't fundamentally anything, they can change; Discord is the spirit of chaos, he is by definition chaos, for Discord to be less chaotic is for him to be less Discord, it'd be like Celestia being less sunny. Celestia and Discord are fundamentally opposed to each other, there's nothing arbitrary about it.

is definitely not according to Celestia's teachings.

I don't remember ever seeing Celestia slapping her disciples with fish or whatever it was Jesus did so I'm not quite sure how you arrived at anything more of "Friendship is Magic" within "Celestia's teachings" outside of making shit up.

Yes.
Dislestia doesn't make sense. Just because she thougth he could be good (i'm sure she said he magic could be used for good) doesn't mean she wants to fuck him.

If you want to discuss then make a new thread.

Yeah the "Jesus in America" thing isn't going to stick, both Alexer and I are Aust's of some kind.

Yes, I understand that my musings are flying way over your heads. And since only you 2 are reading (why, is beyond me), I don't feel the need to elaborate further.

Lorenzelevas
Group Admin

5157924 A thoroughly underwhelming from a thoroughly underwhelming person. If you're too afraid to reply you could at least have the class to admit it.

What is this, a little feud now? Can we stop? :unsuresweetie:

Lorenzelevas
Group Admin

5157946 Saying "Can we stop" doesn't really work when you keep making messages to say it.

I don't mind Discord and Celestia,

I feel isn't really cannon mainly the comics ain't cannon. And I feel like the show is doing more of a Fluttercord paring than anything I mean they get the most episodes to develop. As for the Sombra thing, well again it's not canon because according to the comics this Sombra should going around finding the broken pieces of the princess and fixing it with Hope. And I have yet to hear anything about that in the show. So if this world's Sombra is good that means Arbmos ( get it it's Sombra backward, since he the mirror world 's Sombra) is never going be good he lost to the darkness forever until Sombra dies.

Just Fluttershy, Fluttershy is the dead weight 

*Sacastim* Oh yeah she only *ahem* Get a manicore to calm down, she stared down a dragon, was able to chase down discorded Rainbow Dash, able to make a friend a lord of choas, tried her best to make a hurricane, takes care of animals, put her hoof down for the Breezies, able to take down a full grown bear, able somehow take the fashion world by storm. So other words dead weight :ajbemused:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 30