Discord/Celestia group 879 members · 329 stories
Comments ( 131 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 131
Jadeile
Group Admin
TheOneBehindYou
Group Contributor

1920845 I know you're not really sorry but I'll forgive you anyways.

I claim surface

TheOneBehindYou
Group Contributor

Prompt: Surface

"How could you do this to me!?"

A scream was echoing across the very halls of Canterlot castle, a wail of sorts that would have normallyalerted the guards. However they knew what was happening and they couldn't intervene in the Princess' affairs. As one certain Draconequus, was getting a mouthful more then he could even handle.

Clashes were heard then, as any kind of tangible item was thrown at the swirling creature, trying his best to reason with the sun Goddess.

"Tia please!" He cried, trying so hard to show how terrified for once he actually was from all of this. Yet it wasn't until a plate from the nearby table slammed into his eye, did the roar of pain cause him to fall and silence befell both of them.

The words she was screaming, were incomprehensible after a while as Discord faded in and out of consciousness. The pain in his heart and body equally robbing him of the guilt he felt.

It was at that moment, did he remember the cruel words he placed upon Luna's heart, the lies and deceit he told Twilight and her friends and worse of all, the surface of his secret.

The accidental death of Twilight Sparkle.

How could Celestia love him now? After everything they did together, learning about one another, wasted away because of his reckless mistake.

'Just please, don't call me a monster... Not from you Tia, anyone but you... Yet his prayer felt unnoticed as her screams still haunted him, causing him to shake with anxiety.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." He croaked now, hiding his face as it turned pale, his paw becoming wet as the tears slid down his cheeks. Small droplet's mixing in with the rest of his present pain.

Yet none of it was heard and yet all that could be, was another cry of pain from Celestia as she buried herself in a ball, sobbing her precious student's name, over and over again.

I'm so unoriginal it hurts.

And I'm sorry if Discord and Tia seem really out of character but I just wanted to see how hurt I could make them. As to why or how Discord accidentally killed Twilight, leave that up to your imagination. :ajsmug:

Edit: Fixed up some crap
Edit 2: Fixed some more crap
Anyways

New Prompt: Tipsy

TheOneBehindYou
Group Contributor

I felt it was missing some stuff so I added in a bit more lines. Just so its a bit more filled, I hate drabbles, even though I love them at the same time. :twilightoops:

TheOneBehindYou
Group Contributor

I have a bad feeling this is gonna be dead soon.

Should I change the new prompt to anything else? I do have different words in mind.

Jadeile
Group Admin

1927150 That word kinda does try to force the theme our two posts had in common to the next writer (even if I could easily use it for completely different things and write a humor fic out of it). So yeah, maybe you could try to give out some other word now that it's been over a day and no-one claimed it. If no-one goes for the new word, then I'll probably take it even though I'll be totally crowding the collab.

TheOneBehindYou
Group Contributor

1929011 Ok

Then the new word for the prompt will be: Tipsy

:pinkiehappy:

The Princess Rarity
Group Contributor

1929563 Oh, God, yes, I am - without a doubt - claiming this. :rainbowlaugh:

The Princess Rarity
Group Contributor

1929563 Er, actually, I take that back. :twilightoops: My idea is horrible. :facehoof:

TheOneBehindYou
Group Contributor

1933279 Is it dark? Is that why you took it back? :twilightsheepish:

I'm sorry I'm so bad at this ;~:

The Princess Rarity
Group Contributor

1935468 No, sweetie, c'mere. *hugs* You is not bad at this, I myself am just as rusty, and if I'm honest, you're probably better than I am at this, my idea is just too stupid. That's all :P.

TheOneBehindYou
Group Contributor

Lies and slander but I'll take it I guess

Nonsense, I bet its a fantastic idea. :pinkiegasp:

LadyLightHeart
Group Contributor

I saw this thread and I really couldn't resist. I've had this account forever and haven't done anything with it.

It wouldn't be too much to ask to join the collab and flex my writing muscles a bit, would it?:twilightblush:

Jadeile
Group Admin

1950462 Of course not! Join right in :twilightsmile: The current prompt is "tipsy", if you're willing to take it?

LadyLightHeart
Group Contributor

Sure, I can take a crack at it.:pinkiehappy:

Don't expect anything astounding, but I'll do my best.:raritywink:

LadyLightHeart
Group Contributor

Prompt: Tipsy

There was nopony in Equestria that worked as hard as the princesses. Celestia knew this fact very well, and put forth every ounce of effort she could everyday. But sometimes even the shortest days of winter could feel like the longest days of summer, and all Celestia could do was smile and shoulder each task without complaint.

At least she could take some assurance in the fact that there was always a bottle of wine waiting for her in her study.

The princess took another sip as she calculated the budget for the years’ Hearth Warming pageant. Seventy gallons of paint to repaint the whole set, one hundred spools of thread to mend costumes… sheesh where do all these expenses keep coming from? She sighed and took another, long, sip.

“Drinking on the job, Princess? Tsk, tsk. I thought you knew better.”

Celestia glared up from the paper, “I drink because I have to deal with you interrupting me.”

The Draconequus didn't even try to hide his smirk as he peered over her writing desk. “So cruel, my dear, you wound me.”

Suppressing her temper, the princess looked back at her paper. “I’m sorry but I’m busy, Discord, is this important or can it wait?”

Discord drifted languidly above the desk and let out a dramatic sigh, “I suppose it can,” he threw his eagle arm across his forehead and put on his best pouty face, “but with Fluttershy sick in bed, the nobles such stuck up snobs, and Lulu not even giving me the time of day, I’ve been starved for a real conversation all day.”

“You just want to talk?”

“Yes, is that truly too much to ask? However, if you have work to do, I can leave you to…” Discord squinted at one of the papers in Celestia’s to-do pile, “Re-evaluate the taxation of imports from the Griffon Tribes-- oh how exciting-- and go elsewhere.”

‘Exciting’, that’s a good word for it. The princess sighed inwardly, her eyes drifting from the mischievous spirit to the rack of wine glasses on the wall. “Would you care for a glass of wine?”

Half a bottle of wine later, Celestia had abandoned her desk and was now seated next to Discord on carpet in the center of the room; both doubled over in a fit of mirth.

“He was so proud of himself, too!” Celestia laughed, “And none of us had the courage to tell him!”

Discord wiped a tear from his eye and exhaled, “My goodness, Celestia, I never realized you were quite the storyteller.”

“I suppose there’s a lot about me you don't know, but I doubt you're interested.” She turned to levitate the bottle of wine, “Would you like another-- ah!” Discord’s face was inches from hers now, a sly smirk barely hidden behind his paw.

“Actually, I'm quite interested to learn more.”

“Is that so?” Celestia smirked and leaned in as well, “Well…”

The door creaked open. “Sister, I finished those reports you--” Luna stopped in her tracks, looking very unimpressed. The princess and spirit stared back in silent embarrassment. The younger sister rolled her eyes and muttered as she left.

“The truth is in the wine, I suppose.”

Long prompt is long. And weirdly paced. Sorry, like I said it's been awhile. :applecry:

Next prompt: Articulate

Jadeile
Group Admin

I think it's decent :twilightsmile: It made me smile at least.

TheOneBehindYou
Group Contributor

1952801 Don't be so hard on yourself darling. You write better then I do, trust me on that one. :ajsmug:

The Princess Rarity
Group Contributor

1722881>>1723048>>1729699>>1899823>>1905941>>1918565>>1950462
Ok, this thread's been dead for a week and I really don't want this to stay dead for much longer 'cause I hate inactive threads, especially Prompt Tag ones.

If no one wants Articulate, I'll throw out a new one: Question.

TheOneBehindYou
Group Contributor

1998777 Hmm, maybe later I can try doing this one...

kildeez
Group Contributor

1998777 I been kinda busy :fluttershysad:

Pearple Prose
Group Contributor

I might take this one once I can use my computer.

Jadeile
Group Admin

1952801 1998777 So like, I'm greedy and taking both :pinkiecrazy:

Prompt: Articulate

”Eugh! What is-- who-- why-- argh! Discord!”

Not a pleasant way for the Princess of the Night to enter her chambers. She didn't even know what she had stepped on but it was slimy and squishy and it honked for no logical reason. The last part was why she had immediately came to the conclusion that it was Discord's doing.

Speak of the devil, the draconequus flashed into the room instanty, looking groggy and his mane standing up, like he had just woken up. He glared at Luna and pushed her aside rudely, picking up the... green... goo. And pet it sadly.

“Luna! You did not just step on my pet pudding!” he snarled and glared at her tiredly.

Luna's mouth opened and closed a few times as she tried to form out a proper answer to that.

“Your-- IT WAS IN MY CHAMBERS!” she yelled.

“Was! Yes, that's correct, he was! You killed him, you clumsy mare!”

“IT'S A PUDDING! IT. IS. A. DAMNED. PUDDING!”

“OH, YOU KNOW HOW TO ARTICULATE CLEARY, HOW SMART OF YOU! MAKES ME FEEL ALL BETTER ABOUT THIS!”

“YOU INSOLENT FOAL!”

“MURDERER!”

“THAT MAKES NO SENSE!”

“BIG SURPRISE, I USUALLY DON'T!”

“GET OUT OF MY ROOM!”

“MAKE ME!”

“DON'T MIND IF I--”

There was a poof of magic as Celestia teleported into the room, her mane a huge mess and her eyes screaming tiredness and anger caused by it.

“SHUT UP! Luna, apologize to Discord! Discord, get back to our room! I need my sleep if I'm going to rise the sun in the morning!” she growled and gave them both a fierce look, making the arguing pair take a step back and look at her with wide eyes.

There was a thick quietness in the air for a moment before Luna looked down at her feet and muttered something that sounded a little bit like an apology. Discord mumbled something that sounded kind of like an acceptance of the apology. Celestia nodded sterny and teleported away.

Discord and Luna fidgeted on their spots for a moment longer just to be sure it was safe, then looked at one another.

“Let's not wake her up like that again”, Luna said. Discord nodded.

“Agreed”, he said.

There was a moment of understanding between them.

Then Discord threw the pudding at her face before teleporting away with a cackle.

“YOU SONOVA--!”

Prompt: Question

”Discord! Just what do you think you're doing?”

Celestia had found herself asking this over and over again every single day ever since Discord had been freed and he had decided on living in the Castle.

Every. Single. Day.

Discord turned to look at her with a smug smirk, like he had seen this coming miles away. He probably had too, this happened all the time after all.

“Decorating, my dear”, he answered and snapped his fingers, flashing out of his spot and reappearing on Celestia's side. He wrapped his paw around her neck and swept his talon in front of them both, the movement covering the sight before them.

“Isn't it a lot more delightful like this?” he asked with a giggle. Celestia sighed.

This had been her room. Her nice and orderly room where everything was tidy and organized so that she could find anything she needed without even having to think about it.

She didn't think she would be able to find anything now. … well, except for her mane brush that was apparently glued to the ceiling. That would be easy to find. She doubted it would be easy to use though.

“Delightful isn't the word I would use.”

New prompt: Reward

LadyLightHeart
Group Contributor

Sorry, I didn't realize my prompt would be so difficult. :fluttershysad:

And sorry to appear and disappear so suddenly. I just started a new job and been busy at school, plus I've been binging on Firefly. And I can be kinda flakey with forums. (Then trying to access these forums is another story... /excuses)

Thanks for taking my prompt on.:twilightblush: I'd like to claim the next one, but I don't know if it's poor form to take a prompt so soon after I completed one. I'd like to give others a chance.

Jadeile
Group Admin

2036116 Naw, feel free to take it. We need to get things rolling :twilightsmile:

LadyLightHeart
Group Contributor

Well, if no one really minds, I guess I'll claim Reward then.:pinkiesmile:

kildeez
Group Contributor

Wow, crud, thought this thread was dead. Good show, y'all! :twilightsmile:

TheOneBehindYou
Group Contributor

We always come back from the dead at the last minute. That's how Dislestia works it seems.

LadyLightHeart
Group Contributor

I LIVE. AND I COME WITH MY PROMPT. Sorry for the wait-- the week got really stressful really fast. :twilightoops:

Discord slumped further in his chair, his talons rapping on the table in frustration. He’d gone out to the courtyard to avoid having this conversation, and yet she still managed hunt him down. Somepony must have ratted him out.

“My answer is still no.”

“Please, Discord,” Celestia sighed, “It’s only for an afternoon. I know you a Twilight still have trouble getting along, but do reconsider-”

“I will not foalsit Sparkle-Butt for you! End of discussion!” Straightening his posture, he pulled a pencil sharpener from thin air and began sprinkling shavings on his pancakes. “Now let me eat my breakfast in peace.”

But the princess persisted, “I’m not asking you to foalsit anypony. I’m asking you to just be nearby while she’s practicing some of her new spells.”

“What, do you not trust her or something? Your pupil-turned-princess and you don’t think she can handle a few measly spells?”

Celestia narrowed her eyes, “These are not ‘measly spells’, Discord, many these are very advanced spells that’s she’s never tried before. I just need some assurance that there’s somepony there help her in case something goes wrong.”

“Oh, I’m sure it’s nothing your precious Sparkle-Butt can't--”

“And could you stop calling each other names please? I’m still trying to convince the other world leaders that reforming you and ascending Twilight were both good ideas, and your constant bickering is not helping any.”

Sighing, Discord went back to slouching in his chair and folded his arms, reaffirming his answer.

“Then perhaps I could give you something in return?” She said quickly.

“Oh sure, what could you possibly give me?”

She pursed her lips, her eyes darted around for an idea. Suddenly, her face lit up as fiendish thought entered her head. “I have a little something in mind…”

Two hours later, the halls of Canterlot were flooded with a torrent of chocolate milk. Discord’s laughter echoed off the walls as he and Celestia hurdled downstream in a raft.

“THIS IS NOT WHAT I HAD IN MIND, DISCORD!”

Discord you're a gigantic dork.:ajbemused: As am I.

New prompt: Face

Surprise The Pegasus
Group Contributor

Wow, so you have to join to respond. Hm. Face: CLAIMED.

Surprise The Pegasus
Group Contributor

Claimed Prompt: Face

Celestia blew on a dandelion and watched as the white feathery puffs floated away. Discord yawned loudly, then smirked at Celestia. She responded with a loud huff. She laid down and gazed up at the stars that peppered the night sky.

"Luna does an excellent job with the stars." Whispered Celestia.

"Well, I think she missed a few spots." Remarked Discord. With a snap of his fingers, the sky was overrun with stars, making it appear as a giant white square. Celestia gave him a punch in the arm. He rolled his eyes and snapped his fingers, and the night was as it should have been.

"Yes, I suppose she does do a 'nice job' with the stars. But it would look better if you were a part of it." Discord eyed Celestia, who just gaped.

"You wouldn't." She narrowed her eyes.

"Would I?" He asked. Once again, he snapped his fingers, and Celestia's face became a constellation. Celestia breathed a sigh of relief, then smiled softly. She gave Discord an affectionate hug, followed by a kiss on the cheek. Discord's face went red, even though she had kissed him countless times.

"You're sweet. Crazy and chaotic, but sweet nonetheless." Cooed Celestia. Discord grinned deviously. He snapped his fingers, and Celestia's starry image had gained a moustache. Celestia broke the hug and crossed her arms.

"Not. Nice." Celestia turned away.

"Aww, but you look great with facial hair! You would be pink and wrinkly and ugly without it." This just made Celestia turn away further. "Come on, Tia." He crept closer to Celestia, his arms slowly making their way around her waist. Celestia pushed his arms away, trying to hold back a smile.
"I see you trying to hold it back, Celestia. You know it's funny."

"No, it's not."

"Your face looks gorgeous up there! Just look at that beautifully trimmed, silky mustache!" That did it. Celestia smiled, then bagan to giggle uncontrollably as he continued to rave about her starry mustache. They didn't seem to notice the Alicorn shaped shadow flying over them.

"GET A ROOM, SIS!!"

Next Prompt: Gusty
(TO DA STARS!)

The Princess Rarity
Group Contributor

2104295 Snatching yo prompt - like a baws.

The Princess Rarity
Group Contributor

Claimed Prompt: Gutsy

"I still don't see why you're bothering me, of all ponies," Twilight scoffed, as she never tore her gaze away from her Ancient Equestrian History of Spells book.

Discord let out an exasperated sigh and rolled his eyes. "Because," he declared. "You're the only pony - aside from Luna, of course, but I'd never go to her for advice - who knows Celestia like the back of your own hoof."

"Excuse me?" the Princess of Magic countered, with a raised eyebrow as she slightly looked up to the draconequus. "You've been ... courting her for how long?" She held back a shudder, still shocked at her mentor's choice in love. So many other ponies in Equestria, and Celestia had to go pick the most chaotic being in all of the land. "Are you trying to tell me you don't know her?"

"Of course I know her," Discord defended. "But you might know something I don't."

"Trust me," Twilight muttered. "You probably know more than I do. More than I'd like to know, in fact."

Holding back a smirk at her remark, the God of Chaos sat back and raised an eyebrow. "Still," he mused. "I need a few tips."

"Might I ask what?" the alicorn inquired.

An awkward moment of silence passed, only before Discord crossed his arms and tsk-tsked. "So long as you can keep a secret," he replied.

"Depends on what it is." Twilight remarked.

Letting out a huff, realizing that he'd get nowhere playing games with her (if only bookworms knew how to have fun) and looked at her, in an almost emotionless manner. "I would like to ask Celestia to marry me, if you must know."

...however, he couldn't hold back the most chaotic of smiles as Twilight's face contorted into an expression of disbelief and shock.

"What?!" she shrieked.

"Is it that much of a surprise?" Discord sighed, with a glint of playfulness in his eyes - more so than usual. "After all, we have been together for a while now. Long before I was even encased in stone anyway." He let out a low chuckle, and his smile turned into a smirk. "Come to think of it, I don't recall them ever putting that in the textbooks. Such a shame too, Celestia and I were quite legendary."

Rolling her eyes in disgust, Twilight let a light shudder escape as she now refused to even look at him. "Just ask her," she said halfheartedly. "If it's any time not to be yourself, that's one of them. Just get down on one knee and ask her, if you insist."

Furrowing his brow in confusion, Discord hesitated.

Not be himself?

But he was Discord, for goodness' sake! The Lord of everything Chaotic! How could he brush a fact like that aside?

"Well, thank you," he said simply. "But don't expect to be invited to the wedding!"

Twilight smirked and shook her head playfully as she went back to her book. "Celestia will probably choose me as one of her bridesmaids anyway," she replied ... much to the frustration of Discord's realization.

It was a warm Spring day, and they were in the garden - a place of peacefulness, simplicity and serenity. Everything was in bloom, creating a beautifully breathtaking naturalistic appearance to their surroundings. For once, Celestia wasn't in her usual regal accessories, ditching her crown and golden horseshoes for the look of a simple mare, and she tied her voluminous mane to the side with a silver ribbon. Discord could've sworn that she looked almost the same when he had first noticed her - a Goddess who walked on land.

...this was it.

He hadn't planned to ask right here, right now, but as they reached the center of the garden - her favorite spot near the cherry blossom tree - he couldn't help but feel the urge to ask her.

He couldn't let this moment slip away. It all seemed too perfect.

'Then again,' Discord said to himself. 'Perhaps I could wait a day or two to reach an agreement with Luna. Have her write Celestia's name in the stars - maybe the whole proposal even.'

Then again, that was over-the-top, and he did very well know that his beloved Tia never liked to make a scene. (What a foolish trait for somepony who was a Princess.)

'No, you fool,' he thought. 'Just ask her. Keep it short and sweet... although, a grand speech certainly wouldn't bother her. We have known each for over a thousand years, and I've loved her since the moment I laid eyes on her and-' His thoughts ceased as Celestia plastered her gaze on him and smiled.

Those beautiful pink eyes - the color of the dawn she was named after.

That radiant smile - which outshined each and everyone of her sunrises and sunsets.

Releasing a deep breath, Discord reached over to the side of the garden, picked a sunflower - her favorite, of course - from the grounds and nearly fell over shaking as he lowered himself before the Princess, with an anxious smile. "Celestia," he stammered - he wasn't getting nervous, was he? "I love you and-" He stuttered - oh, yes, he was most definitely nervous. "Willyoumarryme?"

'Dammit!' he scolded himself. 'I really should've gone with the stars idea. Instead, I sounded like a stupid lovesick colt.'

However, with tears of joy in her gaze, the Princess of the Sun nodded, at a complete loss of words as she lifted Discord up off of his knees and kissed him passionately, throwing her forelegs around his neck and pulling him close.

"I've been waiting three thousand years for you to ask me that," she teased."It's about time."

Discord could only smile.

Alright, perhaps being bold, gutsy and chaotic wasn't everything...

this was supposed to be short but oops mah fingers slipped >_>
New Prompt: Chocolate

LadyLightHeart
Group Contributor

Claimed. Yoink!:trollestia:

LadyLightHeart
Group Contributor

Prompt: Chocolate

This was it. The last one. Last time she had to put quill to parchment. Cross the ‘t’, dot the ‘i’, and done. No more papers to sign.

Princess Celestia tore her eyes from the paper with enough force to cause whiplash. Two hours of staring at parchment left her mind frayed at the edges. She needed release; sweet release. And she knew exactly where to find it.

The princess left her study with a slight bounce in her step. She turned to the kitchen where she knew a thick slice of dark chocolate raspberry cake waited for her. Her mind was alight with the thought of biting into the cool chocolate frosting, rich chocolate layers, and thin lines of tart raspberry jam.

At that point, Celestia had practically galloped into the kitchen like an eager filly toward her birthday presents. She yanked open the ice box.

Greeting her was an empty white plate, save for a few dark flecks of crumbs. The thought of declaring this an act of high treason briefly crossed her mind.

“What’s the matter, Princess? You seem distressed.” Said the last pony she wanted to hear from.
Discord sat at the other end of the table, smiling like he was completely innocent, the cake, of course, untouched in front of him.

“Discord, please don’t touch my cake.” The words came out more pleading than she intended.

“Oh, is that what this is?” He pointed at the slice with a dainty gold fork, face feining cluelessness. “I’m sorry, it just looked so lonely and delicious there by itself. And I was in the mood for a little chocolate.”

Celestia took a deep breath, resisting the urge to fling her shoe at his head. ‘If you want some cake, Discord, get some for yourself. I’m sure you can-”

“But my dear Celestia, it’s just so much sweeter when I steal it from you!”

Do not test me tonight, Discord. It’s been a long night and I will not put up with your games.”

“Games? I’m not playing any games.” The draconequus sighed dramatically. “Goodness, Celestia, didn’t anypony teach you how to share?”

“No.” She replied bluntly and levitated the cake to her, taking a bite out of it like an apple. “I told you, I’m not playing any of your games tonight. You’re going to have to try harder than that to upset me.”

Naturally, Discord took this as a challenge. He rose from the table and floated to her. “Celestia, you seem to have a little frosting on your mouth.”

Before she could react, Discord placed his hand on her face and put his lips to hers. The Sun Princess remained rigid, frozen at the feeling of his serpentine tongue across her lips.

“Hm, dark chocolate,” he pulled away, licking his own lips, “Never been a big fan of dark chocolate. Guess I’ll have to find something else.”

“D- Discord…” Celestia’s voice shook with anger. Discord smiled inwardly. Mission accomplished, now for the icing on the cake.

“I have an idea,” Discord reappeared behind her, wrapping his lion paw across her chest and twisting a strand of her hair around with his talon, “how about we put this whole cake thing behind us, go somewhere else, and you can show me what a little white chocolate tastes like.”
---
“Joke! It was a joke! I swear- ow!”

“Hold still,” Mumbled Fluttershy, a cotton swab between her teeth, “You have a teeny little cut back here.”

Discord slouched further on the couch and crossed his arms. Another prank, another night banned from Canterlot castle. “Some ponies have no sense of humor.”

Fluttershy sighed and shook her head as she prepared the ice for his swollen eye.

Do not taunt the Discord, for he is a jerk and has no sense of boundaries.
Urg it's so bad and rushed, I'm sorry it sucks.

Prompt: Unspoken

The Princess Rarity
Group Contributor

2193529 Are you kidding me? That was so cute (and funny, of course). :rainbowlaugh:

The Princess Rarity
Group Contributor

2193529 It's been almost a week, so imma snatch this, yo.

The Princess Rarity
Group Contributor

Claimed Prompt: Unspoken

There are many vital, important things that Princess Celestia has said in her lifetime and in reign over Equestria. Some have changed the nation, others riled it up and the rest are in between. Nonetheless, they have all been documented and written down for memory, in one way or another.

There was her Saddle Arabian union declaration - which was implanted in every Equestrian History textbook.

Her coronation speech, from way back when she vowed to take over the duties of her late father, King Solaris.

The words she uttered to all of Equestria, promising that the nation would be safe now that her younger sister was gone.

A thousand years later, Celestia was proud to announce that her sister was back home, no longer corrupted.

The announcement that rocked the nation, that a new Princess - her most loyal student - would join the royals.

From new laws to new royals to new treaties, if Princess Celestia said it, somepony would write it down, save it for the History books and send it to the media, making sure that everypony else in Equestria would know what their ruler declared.

...but some things, of course, were kept private.

After all, even if she was a Princess of Equestria, she was obviously allotted alone time.

And strangely enough, the words she wanted to say when there were no cameras or reporters, she couldn't seem to. They were trying to escape - really, they were, but somehow, in someway, something was holding back...

Although, somehow, just by looking into her eyes, the one soul who knew her best could know what she was going say, before she ever even so much as attempted to say it.

"I love you too," Discord smiled.

Celestia could only blush, and her shy schoolfilly-with-her-first-crush embarrassment only increased as he quickly kissed her.

With a playful wink, the draconequus let out a low chuckle. "You never changed," he mused.

"Neither did you," she countered, with a sweet little smile.

Perhaps saying close to nothing at all was just as good as saying everything.

(ick this is my worst prompt yet ;~;)
New Prompt: Privacy

Paw Paint
Group Contributor

I want it! Er...I mean claimed

LadyLightHeart
Group Contributor

*hugs* It wasn't bad, it was adorable! :heart:

I wish I had the courage to my prompts elsewhere so we could get more writers on this thing.:fluttershysad:

Paw Paint
Group Contributor

>>The Princess Rarity

Claimed Prompt: Privacy

Discord wasn’t usually a deep thinker. He was a forward thinker, maybe a little bit of a hindsight thinker, but the draconequus didn’t usually sit down for an hour or two simply creating theories about the nuclear energies of the multiverse. Most of his ingenious plans simply hinged on his brilliant ability to improvise.

So, in short, he found himself surprised when all his thoughts were focused on Celestia. Not so much what was deliciously right with the alabaster monarch, but rather— what was wrong. So far, the only time Discord had ever seen her fly was seat herself on a chariot, or some other show of graceful strength.

The Celestia he remembered loved to fly—rocketing off mountains and soaring as high as she could before her breath gave out. The Celestia he remembered always pinned back her hair, letting her lovely face be enhanced by two beautiful magenta eyes— nowadays, he was lucky to get a glimpse of both at the same time.

Something was off with her, and as Discord skipped along the ceiling, he tried to guess what in advance. All his theories sounded preposterous— at least, for Celestia. Coming to a stop in front of her quarters, he gave a quick beating to her guards.

“Helllloo, gentlecolts.” Smirking as their stoic faces failed to match the hue of their scarlet plots, he made to go inside.

“Sorry, Discord, but the Princess has requested no one disturb her privacy.” Ignoring the warning, he popped into the room, not bothering to make a quick come back.

Celestia immediately whipped about. “Discord! I requested that no one disturb me!” She was stricken with a familiar emotion— fear. He was used to fear though, so its presence could not be what made his heart drop. Any and all witty greetings died on his tongue.

“…What happened to your eye?” Her hair flowed loftily away from the black hole that right now seemed to consume her face.

Taking a deep breath, she looked to her mirror and answered coolly: “I lost it in a battle during the first hundred years Luna was away.” Discord was on her in an instant, coiling around her, gingerly examining her face as a child might his dearest toy.

“Why haven’t you— never mind, I can fix this.” He moved his paw over the absence, ready to repair the damage, only to be surprised as Celestia shoved his paw away.

“Don’t.”

“What-” Her one-eyed steel gaze prevented him from pressing, and the hug that his body wrapped her in dropped away. “What in Tartarus are you—“

“I want to keep it.” Celestia sighed as she stepped out of his embrace

“You’re mad.” He accused. “Why live with something that prevents you from doing things you love the most? You’ll never fly like you used to!”

Her magic picked up an eyepatch, smoothed away any remainder of the empty space as she put it on. “It’s a reminder of what’s at stake when I am ruler— who’s day to day will change dramatically if a make one misstep— especially when lives other then my own are at stake. Their safety and happiness is now what I love most.”

When she looked back at him, two magenta eyes were fully in view, ready to dispel his forming argument. “If you can’t deal with how I’ve changed, then perhaps it would be best if you left me with my privacy.”

*counting words...* Argh! ....I hope you guys don't mind me going a bit over 500. I had to cut out Luna, because otherwise, it'd be to long.

EDIT: Ahem.... seems that I forgot the prompt...whoops!
New Prompt: Wings

The Princess Rarity
Group Contributor

2244082 Oh, it's fine - you can go over five hundred if you really want to, that limit is just there to let y'all know that's the standard amount of words.

Comment posted by The Princess Rarity deleted Dec 10th, 2013
The Princess Rarity
Group Contributor

1722881 / 1920829 / 1919187 / 1906569 / 1723048 / 1729699 / 1950499 / 2104075 / 2241970
GUUUUUUYS THIS LIIIIIVES

Latest Prompt is Wings. If none of you can find inspiration, lemme know and I'll throw a new one out.

TheOneBehindYou
Group Contributor

Wings sounds really freaking nice for a prompt.

I expect all the fluff.

Surprise The Pegasus
Group Contributor

Wings? IT'S MINE!! I mean, claimed.

Surprise The Pegasus
Group Contributor

Claimed Prompt: Wings

Celestia and Discord stood on the edge of a tall hill, Queen Andromeda standing next to them.

"Alright, are you both ready for your first flight lesson?" She asked.

"Yes, Mommy!" Chimed Celestia, brushing a strand of pink hair out of her eyes. Discord just nodded.

"Ok then. Now, spread your wings, like mine." The Queen instructed. Celestia spread her small wings, a wide smile on her face. Discord spread his wings as well, and took a quick look at the young Princess. The Queen took notice and shot Discord a look that said stop. Now. This is my daughter. The Dragconequus adverted his gaze down to the grass below him. Queen Andromeda smiled at Celestia.

"All you have to do is just flap your little wings as hard as you can, like this!" With that, Queen Andromeda flapped her wings, and just like that, she was airborne. She flew to a nearby treetop, and hovered. "Just fly to me, ok? Ready, set, go!" Then, Celestia and Discord flapped their wings. Discord was easily up in the air, while Celestia had some difficulty. Soon enough, they hovered in the air next to the Queen. Andromeda flew higher, and so did they. Eventually, they were at the height where all of Canterlot was visible. Beads of sweat dripped off Celestia's forehead, and her wings beat so fast they were practically invisible. It was obvious that Celestia was struggling, but Discord was afraid to tell Queen Andromeda.
All of a sudden, Celestia stopped flying.

"Mommy, I-I can't fly anymore!" Said Celestia. Before Queen Andromeda turned around, Celestia's small wings stopped fluttering, and she started to fall.

"Celestia!" Shouted Discord. He dove down after her, Queen Andromeda not far behind. Moments before hitting the ground, Discord caught Celestia in his arms and managed to get them both safely landed. Discord set Celestia on the ground, and smiled at her. Queen Andromeda landed behind him. Tears started at streak down Celestia's slightly chubby face. The little Princess threw her forearms around Discord's neck and brought him close.

"Thank you, Discord." She sobbed. With a kiss on the cheek, she let him go. Discord felt himself blush as Queen Andromeda thanked him, and took them both back to the Castle.

Next prompt: New Year

(Discord and Celestia are little in this. It's not weird. I know it was supposed to be short. Shush. >_>

The Princess Rarity
Group Contributor

1722881 / 1920829 / 1919187 / 1906569 / 1723048 / 1729699 / 1950499 / 2104075 / 2241970
GUYS. AGAIN. A prompt that no one will take - New Year. Live with it or some shiz.

Surprise The Pegasus
Group Contributor

FINE. NEW PROMPT: FIREWORKS
IF NOONE TAKES THAT EITHER: FROSTING. DEAL WITH IT.

AlphaRidley
Group Contributor

I must say that you did attract my attention with the whole collab thing, but that interest was lost when I read the rules for the collab. I don't see a point in putting a maximum of 500 words for each chapter, that's just not enough. That and the whole you have to take the prompts given to you by the last writer sounds really annoying.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 131