Vamponies (and other supernatural creatures) 2,765 members · 1,115 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

So this is meant to be a bit of a discussion as well as a question. When coming up with a cutie mark for a vampony (vampire pony), how do you go about doing it?

While you could do something involving blood or fangs, that tends to be a bit cliche (at least in my opinion).

One idea I did have were maybe some ancient symbols that maybe resemble Aztec, Mayan or ancient Egyptian symbols.

What do you think?

If vamponies are supposed to be hunters, I don't think their marks would set them apart. I think they'd try to blend in.
That said, I think the cutie mark might shift slightly when they turn, and they just casually explain what their mark means and play ignorant of the slight changes. (“Oh, yes, the smiling flowers are for my love of teaching. They do somewhat look like fangs from this angle, hm, that's odd. Never noticed that before.”)

Having a mytho symbol for a vampire would be cool. But if it was me it would be a drop of blood so I could easily say I'm a phlebotomist (doctor that draws blood) so I can make house "visits" and come back later for some blood.

7848475 I do like that idea, that vamponies have a true cutie mark and a facade cutie mark.

I was thinking more of Flutterbat’s cutie mark switching to bats instead of butterflies, and she could be like ‘oh it’s for how i love animals, even the ones most ponies don’t think of’.

7848524 Well, right. I'm just thinking that you have the true mark (the vampire mark) which shows up when they're hungry, but when they aren't it's the facade one.

Mostly I imagine it like Fluttershy to Flutterbat. Cutie Mark is mostly the same, but has a small shift. So I would design the character and what their likes and things of that nature would be before figuring out a Cutie Mark for them.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7