Vamponies (and other supernatural creatures) 2,765 members · 1,115 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

So I am writing a story that will have a ghost themed character in it and I just wanted to ask if anyone was aware of any additional the ghost might have. Below is a list of abilities I am currently have:

• Possession - either an object or sometimes a person.
  • Cold Spots- making the area around them cold.
  • Phasing through walls/objects

Can any of you think of anything else I might have missed.

Cameras and electronics mysteriously stop working around them.

After a quick google I found the Danny Phantom wikia (of all places). And there I found a nice list of powers;
Can make itself invisible or see-through
Flight or floating-powers
"Spectral Body Manipulation" AKA can change the form of it's body
Ectoplasma
And when I read this I knew I had to include it; Very hard to kill

actually Danny phantom is a realy good spot to look into ghost powers because of how verried they were in the tv show. from as lame as controlling boxes to full on natural disasters. ever ghost had a gimmick.

well if it is a serious story, might try a bit less cartoon logic? id recommend the ghosts from new londo ruins (dark souls)

they can move through walls, your shield and armor and can only be interacted with if you are cursed,also their stretchy arms are fucking terrifying

Shape shifting might be possible..
maybe magic?

perhaps if they posess someone but let them have control, the posessed person could have some of their power?

Perhaps outside of the basic ghostly abilities, a ghost has one or two abilities unique to him/her/it. Possibly related to their life before death, or to how they died.

now there idea have twilight either sci twi or magi twi set soemthign up goes boom they gain ghost power like danny... and with help of her friends she fight ghost.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8