Vamponies (and other supernatural creatures) 2,765 members · 1,115 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

Dark universe I would have liked to see that universe. What do you think? A universe about dracula the mummy, franquestain and other Monsters?

Well YEAH I would've loved to see more of this universe but.... The Mummy ruined everything.

I haven't seen it, but let's not sink the ship just yet. The Marvel cinematic universe took a while to start, and even before that Marvel's movies haven't always been great, but they're doing great now. So it seems to be a rough start but there's still a chance for greatness.

They should have started with The Modern Prometheus (Frankenstein) make it a full R-Rated faithful adaptation of the book by Merry Shelly. And set it in the correct time period.

Then they should have added, Dracula, the same time period as the book, and the same R-rated faithful adaptation of the Gothic masterpiece. Then have old Dr. Van Helsing search for Dr. Frankenstein only to find the man dead. But then the "Monster" appears from the laboratory and speaks with an articulate and brilliant dialogue, and him and Dr. Van Helsing talk.

Skip to 1933, and the story of The Mummy (The Original 19333 movie) happens. Imhotep at the end is brought down by the "Helsing-Adam Investigation and Security Company", a band of Diesel Punk style mercenaries that were founded by Frankenstein and Dr. Van Helsing to deal with occult threats. Frankenstein always wears plenty of clothing and a mask to hide his appearance to the world, but now he is also a respected gentleman known as "Adam". Dr. Van Helsing simply died due to old age.

Then comes the Wolfman in 1941. But here is the kicker, it's not a remake, it practically is a completely different story. World War II has broken out on the world, and the Nazis are trying to harness the strange powers, as weapons for their war machine. A single German enlisted man is turned into a werewolf and he kills all in the battlefield indiscriminately. Always recaptured, and tucked away until his Nazi "Masters" need him again.

The "Helsing-Adam Investigation and Security Company" works for the allies due to them having spend decades based in England. As such "Adam", is called in to fight the "Wolfman Wonderweapon" the Nazis have been using. The twist is that the soldier hates what it was done to him, and the German "wolfman" begs "Adam" to kill him.

He does, and "Adam" stops and think about all of the decades leading to the war. He then decides to go to Dr. Frankenstein's old laboratory and finally after being awake for nearly a century, he shuts himself down, and lays dormant in the castle.

So basically remake three of them and then go for something different for the later ones.... that doesn't sound very.... sane to be honest. And doing it in the same fashion as the original stories for Frankenstein and Dracula.... those characters DIED in their respective stories.

Dr. Frankenstein died. But the "Monster" didn't and I always liked him more than the mad scientist that spawned him. So in the end I felt that the "Monster" was the best thing to hold the universe together. As ti is the only being capable of living long enough to appear in the time and place of the various tales.

Oh right.... well still Dracula's a big seller in my opinion so I don't think it would be a good idea to kill him.

Also, I can imagine someone finding the means which Vlad Tempest used to turn himself into Dracula.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9