Twilight and Spike 965 members · 2,223 stories
Comments ( 27 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 27

There is no real spilight discussion here. Or any sort of discussion here.:twilightoops: Time to change that. :twilightsheepish:

What are your best reasons for liking Spilight? What are your best reasons for shipping Spilight (over say... rarispike or flutterspike or Twimac or (shudder) Flashlight?

Flashlight? I never heard of that shipping...

but I'd say my reason is primarily because I love all Spike shippings, but more to the point is because they've known each-other for so long and would not doubt in the slightest that Spike has had repressed feelings for her for years

Flash Sentry x Twilight...

... yeah. It's a thing. Somehow.

i like Splight because they fit so well together, they have seen each other at their worse and still love one another, they have been best friends for most of their lives, plus best friends tend to make the best couples, all this is just off the top of my head there are many more reasons but i'm not sure on how to put them into words
so yes Splight is my OTP :moustache::heart::twilightsmile:

and as for flashlight? i hate it, flash reminds me of and feels like a OC/self insert, i hate OCs/self inserts :flutterrage: he feels like he was shoehorned in at the last second or something :twilightangry2:

I'm not a Spilight shipper. I just love the quasi-familial relationship they have. See also the stories of The Descendant.

I love Spilight not as a romantic ship but as a family ship. I always think that the relationship between Twilight and Spike is either that of a surrogate mother/adopted son or big sister/little brother. And it tends to make for some very heartwarming moments like in "Crystal Empire" and "Lesson Zero". :moustache::twilightsmile:

I love Spike and Twilight shipping so much, its almost like I've got some kind of obsession with the two.

These two are an interesting pair, they both work so well with each other as potential lovers but at the same time they don't.

Its true that being together for such a long period of time would make the two view each other like brother/sister or mother/son and of course age, which would greatly affect the relationship between the two.

However they both have an unbreakable bond between each other that can be exploited in our favor.

We all know how dedicated Spike is to Twilight either out of, loyalty, love or service. Whenever Twilight needs a specific type of book Spike immediately knows what type she is looking for. He knows her so well that when Twilight is having trouble explaining in science/technical terms, Spike is there to dumb it down and easily explain it to others (as seen in Season 2 Episode 22 - Hurricane Fluttershy).

Though at time he can be a bit of a smart ass and a skeptic, he is always there for her.

In Season 1 Episode 24 - Owl's Well That Ends Well, we can clearly see the jealousy Spike has when Owlowiscious come out of no where and threatens to take Twilight away from Spike, but in the end that only served to strengthen the bond of love between the two.

We can also see that in many adventures the Main 6 have, Spike is almost always left behind. At first I thought that Twilight only left spike behind to run the library but now I believe she was doing it in order to protect Spike from any form of danger they may encounter.

In Season 3 - Episode 1+2 The Crystal Empire when Spike looks into King Sombras cursed door, Spike could have imagined any horrible thing to see like, Rarity hating him, being eaten by the dragon in Season 1 Episode 24 - Owl's Well That Ends Well, Princes Celestia hating and/or banishing him and so many other scenarios but he was shown a scene where Twilight didn't love him any more, that itself tells use that deep down his true love is for Twilight.

In Equestria Girls, Despite Celestia telling everyone that Twilight must go alone, Spike is shown clearly distressed and runs after her despite what Celestia had ordered him to not do. This tells use that he has a deep concern for Twilights wellbeing and wants to be by her side to protect her.

In Season 2 Episode 21 - Dragon Quest, Spike Desires to find himself and travels to join the dragon migration. Out of concern, Twilight follows Spike (with the help of Rainbow dash and Rarity) in order to protect him when the time comes. At the end of the episode Spike tells Pewee that he has a lot to teach him about being a pony, implying that Spike desires to be a pony, if this is the case than in the future Spike would have no problem seeing an other pony as a potential mate.

Though out the Seasons we can clearly see that Spike and Twilight deeply love each other, whether its out of true love, brotherly/sisterly love or motherly/son love they will always be together.

I myself as well as many of you hope that some day the love between these two will blossom into something beautiful.

1399714 For me the reason we ship those two is because we like the.....:pinkiegasp:
I mean it just makes one heck of a good story: Two person (beings) who have known each other since they are bonded fell to each others hearts! :twilightblush:
I mean who don't want a story like that.... :twilightoops:

Ooh... 'clap, clap, clap'.

A very good theory you have there.

When I wrote that particular part of my argument, that was just one of many theory's that can be applied to the situation regarding the two.

The situation regarding Sombras door can lead to many theory's about Spike and Twilight but we do know for a fact that Spike is afraid of losing the love of Twilight, either as a lover or as a sister. It all depends on how you interpretation the situation.

Keep up the thoughts and theory's, every bit (be it big or small) will help.

Good job and until next time.

Either way, Sombra's door does prove one thing definitively:

Spike's feelings for Rarity are not as strong as the Spairty shippers would like to have us believe. :twilightsmile: :raritycry:

Which, by the way, is very important because 94% of Sparity shipper's arguments revolve around Spike having feelings for Rarity and not the other way around.

1614174 Can't agree more! You know each other so much that you trust each other heart to heart......:pinkiehappy:

1632429 Does make a lot more sense that way....... If all in the world is right then who would let a small little girl take responsiblity of a little baby such as that........ specially if he (Spike) is not blood related to her (Twilight), so certainly someone had taken care of Spike at that time, and my first pick is Celestia :trollestia:

1665111 Explains everything...... :scootangel:

Now here's another common argument people give against spike being paired with anyone other than the CMC (usually from DA tards raging against Sparity, but it applies to this ship too for reasons obvious.)

"Spike is too young for the main 6. This is pedophillia"

and

"Spike is a dragon"

The latter is asinine among the extreme and shows a clear lack of intelligence and imagination. However, does anyone have anything to say to the first one?

Im a HUGE fan of this ship and i hope that the writers will manage to introduce it in the show.
They just look so cute together and, most important, have a great chemistry.
Is probably my favorite shipping (Goes on par with the Rainbow Dash X Twilight Sparkle one).

I came so little later, but better late than never. Well, I guess like Spilight/Twispike because their relationship cannot be described; let's see, Twilight can't be her mother because the age for first one. I see them as longtime partners, looking out for each other. Spike knows all about Twilight; her likes, favourite food, how reassure her in hysterics and he'll did anything for make her happy. And so it was founded Ponyville :twilightsmile:

3965049 First of all:

Second of all:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 27