• Published 30th Jun 2013
  • 1,339 Views, 263 Comments

Starlight Chronicles - WanderingPhysicist



Join Starlight Sparkle, Satsuma Apple and their friends and family, including Apple Bloom, the Cake twins, Razzly Lulamoon and many moremore, as they live, learn and love in Ponyville. Sequel to The Wandering Physicist Adventures

  • ...
12
 263
 1,339

PreviousChapters Next
Sweet Symphony

Main Characters: Technis, Sweetie Belle
Major Cameos: Image Crystal, Moon Glow, Tempest, Sunset Shimmer
Original Start Date: September 14, 2015


Sweetie Belle and Moon Glow stand outside of a classroom, chatting and watching the hall. Students meander past them in the hallway, a few breaking off to enter their class. Tempest comes up to them after exiting her class, wobbling a bit as she hovers over, having recently received a magic stone that lets her float instead of using a wheelchair. She looks down the hallway.

“Who are we waiting for?” the seapony asks.

“There's a new teacher starting today,” Moon Glow answers.

“He's supposed to be some famous idol,” Sweetie adds. “Personally picked by Octavia herself, too.”

“And he's going to be Sweetie's 'extracurricular' instructor too.”

Tempest raises an eyebrow. “Interesting. So, we're here to spy on him to see if he's any good.”

Sweetie groans. “Actually, I have a class with him, but he's late.” She motions to her friend. “She's here to spy on him.”

The seapony nods and starts scanning the hallway. “A noble effort.”

Sweetie rolls her eyes and looks down the hall. She thinks she sees Vinyl Scratch coming but soon realizes the pony is male. She is amazed how well his mane and sunglasses match the DJ's. The stallion is going room to room, looking inside briefly before moving on. He soon reaches Sweetie's group.

“First day?” Sweetie asks.

“Yeah,” Technis pants. “Having a hard time finding my way around, but I'm pretty sure this is my class.”

“No worries. As long as you're here before the professor, you can't get in trouble.”

Technis smirks and nods. “Good to know.” He enters the class. “Sorry, I'm late. I'm still getting used to things here,” he announces as he goes to the front of the room. He levitates a marker and writes on the whiteboard. “I'm your instructor, Technis Symphonico. Call me Technis or my stage name, Synth Tech. Anything else will get you kicked from the class.” -- The class laughs, assuming the statement was a joke. -- “Since I'm a little late, let's get right to it.”

Sweetie tries sneaking to a seat. Her friends watch from outside of the room.

“Oh, miss!” Technis calls. “Since you didn't make it before the instructor, I'll have to mark you late.”

The class laughs at the tardy unicorn as she takes her seat.

“Sweetie Belle, can we have a moment?” Technis asks after letting his class out.

The other students snicker and gossip as they exit the room. Moon Glow and Tempest wait at the back of the class with their friend while the instructor finishes some business with a few of the students. Once the students are gone, Technis magically closes and locks the door.

“Sorry about earlier,” the stallion apologizes. “You just set me up with a great opportunity to tease you.”

Sweetie sighs. “It's okay. No harm done.”

“Cool. Thanks. My mom said I got that from my dad, and my mom in this world says I really get it from my dad.”

“I didn't know you were from the other Equestria.”

Moon Glow snorts and nudges her friend. “Don't you ever read any of your briefing packets? He's Octavia's son from the other world.”

“It is even in his bio on the school website,” Tempest adds.

“Not to mention, he's the new artist the school has been promoting recently.”

Sweetie stares at Technis confused. “You're Synth Tech?”

Technis smirks smugly. “The glasses are usually the first giveaway.”

“I thought you were just some cheap Vinyl Scratch knockoff.”

“I get that a lot for some reason...” He grins. “Anyway! I wanted to get to know you a bit better before we start training later. I'm going to be working with you on singing, stage presence, magic combat... I hope you like working with lightning. Between me, my new big sis, and Rainbow, it is sorta a family specialty.”

“You'll find that I can handle myself quite well,” Sweetie retorts.

“We'll see about that when you're hanging over a vat of fire-breathing sharks. That's the only way you really learn how to truly differentiate between A♯ and B♭.”

Sweetie stomps a hoof. “Bring it, fancy boy.”

Over the next few days, Technis and Sweetie work together on all aspects of her career. They spend long nights training in both combat and musical theatre. Both end up going home exhausted with sore joints and larynges. Witnessing the intense sessions, Sweetie Belle's friends start developing suspicions about how personal the training has become and the nature of the relationship between the two unicorns. The change in their friend is most notable in Sweetie's private life.

Image Crystal sits in front of a painting. He holds a paintbrush in his mouth as he considers the adjustments he should make. The door to his apartment opens. Sweetie trots in and heads straight for the couch.

“Sorry I'm late,” the unicorn apologizes. “Can we change our date night to staying in and ordering pizza? I'm a little tired.”

“Are you okay?” her coltfriend asks.

Sweetie nods and stretches out. “Yeah. Technis just rode me very hard today. Over and over again until I couldn't stand any more.” She rolls to her back. “And of course, he gave my throat a workout before we even got down and dirty. The things he wanted me to do with my tongue...” She moans and looks at Image. “Can you get me a drink? I'm a bit parched.”

“S-sure,” the earth pony stammers, not knowing what to make of what he just heard. He sets down his tools and goes to the kitchen. “We're still on for later this week, right? I still want to take you to that new show while it is in town.”

“Oh right! I'll try to make time. I just have so much time scheduled with Technis already.” -- Image comes over with a couple of drinks. -- “He's just such a cool stallion. We have so much in common. I really feel like I can learn a lot from him. It is like we're joined at the hip.”

Image covers his grumbling by sipping his drink.

Sweetie smiles craftily and scooches closer to her coltfriend. “Speaking of 'joined at the hip', maybe after dinner and a shower, you can give me another workout.”

Image snorts in surprise, spraying his drink all over his face.

His fillyfriend snickers. She levitates her mobile. “I'll order from the fancy place. That should give us plenty of time to wash up. Seriously, you're covered in paint.”

Image sighs as Sweetie orders their meal.

Sweetie hits the mat face first and panting. Two white legs plant themselves beside her as Technis pins her to ground. He flicks her horn with his nose to disrupt any spell she had been preparing as he leans down, placing his face beside her's.

“Just give up and relax,” the stallion says. “It will go much easier that way.”

Sweetie struggles under Technis' weight. “You haven't finished me yet.”

“Please. I don't want this to get rough.”

“I've handled a lot rougher than you, big boy.” Sweetie struggles some more. “Okay. Stop this. Let me up.”

“Nope. I think I'm stuck here. I like it.”

“Seriously.”

“I thought you liked it rough.”

Sweetie growls and tries snapping at Technis' hooves. Moon Glow enters the training room. She groans and rolls her eyes at the display in front of her.

“Ahem,” the new unicorn huffs.

Technis looks up and grins. “Hey, Moon Glow. Care to join us? Room for one more.”

“No thank you. I'm here to speak with Sweetie Belle about her next assignment.”

The fighting unicorns moan. Technis steps back, releasing Sweetie Belle's legs, which he was standing on. He gives Sweetie's horn another flick before she can get up.

“I should have a look at that,” the stallion states, trotting over to Moon Glow. Sweetie tries rushing him, but Technis holds her at foreleg's length while he goes over Moon Glow's documents. “Isn't this a bit much for her?”

“It is just a simple infiltration,” Moon Glow replies. “She'll be back by morning.”

“On a school night?! I think not!”

Moon Glow sighs. “Mr. Symphon-”

Technis bares some teeth, but maintains his usual grin. “Call me that again, and your new name will be 'Glowy' until the day I bury you.” His grin instantly softens. “Just call me Technis.”

“Sorry. Technis, we've been working our routine for over a year now without fail. I know you're concerned as her new instructor, but you have to trust us.”

Technis lowers his foreleg. Sweetie stumbles forward and is caught in a hug by her mentor. “No can do. As her mentor, it is my duty to mold her as I see fit, and that means keeping her under my watch until I'm done with her.” He snorts. “I'll handle the mission for her, but you have to find something twice as hard for her to do this weekend.”

Moon Glow sighs and takes back her documents. “Fine, but you have to explain this arrangement to Octavia.”

“Pfft,” Technis snorts. “What mother wouldn't instantly agree to everything her son suggests?”

Moon Glow takes a deep breath and marches from the room.

Technis smiles and waves. “I'm not letting go until you tap out,” he tells the young mare struggling in his forelegs.

Tempest is at Canterlot Carousel, getting fitted for a new dress. Sassy Saddles helps levitate the seapony while Rarity checks her measurements. Bells chime as somepony enters the front of the shop.

“Rarity!” Sweetie Belle calls at the top of her lungs. “I need something fancy to wear tonight.”

Rarity sighs and sets down her equipment. Sassy helps Tempest to a couch she can relax on while Rarity heads out to attend to her little sister.

“Sweetie, I'm with a client, your friend Tempest,” the seamstress huffs.

Sweetie looks behind her sister. “Oh. Hi, Tempest!” -- Tempest waves back. -- “Anyway, I need a fancy dress. Has Spike done the laundry yet? Or can I borrow one of your new line?” She nudges her sister. “Free advertising~”

Rarity rolls her eyes. “You can always check at home if Spike has done your chores. Also, you'll have to tell me why you are politely requesting a dress from me on such short notice.”

“Oh. Right. Technis invited me to a private concert, and I have to look my best.”

“Isn't that the sort of thing you do with your coltfriend?”

“Image does art things, not music things,” the younger sister complains. “Technis and I just have similar interests. That's all.”

“Isn't he married?”

Sweetie blushes. “Image hasn't even hinted about that yet...”

Rarity shakes her head. “I meant your date for tonight.”

“Oh! I guess he is. Sunset is probably just staying with her sister or something.”

“You mean her sister who is also your friend and also lives in Canterlot?”

The younger mare stares blankly. “I don't see what you're getting at.”

Rarity takes a deep breath and sighs. “Check at home to see if Spike did any of your laundry. If not, you may borrow any of my dresses.”

“Thank you, Rarity!” Sweetie gives her sister a quick hug then prances from the store.

Rarity facehoofs and goes back to the fitting. “Ms. Tempest, what exactly is my sister's relationship with Mr. Technis?”

Tempest grins sheepishly. “Uh...”

Moon Glow and Tempest meet Image at his apartment. The three of them are conferring over the recent events involving Sweetie Belle and Technis.

“I refuse to believe it!” Image shouts, stabbing his canvas with a brush.

“As do I,” Tempest agrees calmly. “It seems so out of character for both of them.”

“Listen, I've seen her beguile Diamond Dogs in order to retrieve sensitive information from them,” Moon Glow says. “The way those two behave is more than just an act.”

“Maybe she's a better actor than you give her credit for,” Image huffs, slashing at his painting.

Tempest coughs to the side. “I've sat in on a few of her classes...”

“Spy acting and acting acting are two different things,” Moon Glow states. “And Sweetie is definitely not doing either.”

“Then what is she doing?”

Moon Glow opens her mouth to answer but a paintbrush flies past her head.

“Don't say it,” Image growls. “I refuse to accept it.”

“You might have to,” the unicorn replies. “All signs point to Technis and Sweetie Belle having an affair.”

Image flips over his easel and trots out of the room.

“On the plus side, that means we can date again,” Moon Glow calls after him.

Tempest shakes her head. “Too soon.” She sighs and resets the easel. “If your theory is true, what should we do? What can we do?”

The unicorn thinks. “Well, we should talk to Technis' wife and see if she has noticed it too.”

“Then let's go see her,” Image grumbles, trotting back into the room. “Hopefully, she'll see logic and reason.”

“Unlike somepony...”

Sunset Shimmer stares at the three ponies in front of her. “You're a bunch of idiots.”

“I know this is hard to accept, but...” Moon Glow begins.

Sunset flicks the other unicorn in the horn. “Shut up. I've heard all of this before, but I can assure you that Technis isn't doing anything other than training your friend.”

“I knew there wasn't anything going on,” Image snorts.

“Once you get over your jealousy, I'll believe you,” Sunset quips.

“What makes you so sure about your husband?” Tempest asks.

Sunset sighs and sits. “I've seen this all before. Technis and I have known each other for almost eight years and have been dating or married for most of that time too. I have gone with him on a number of concert tours. I've stood by his side when mares have thrown themselves on stage to get close to him. I've been to parties where all sorts of ponies have shoved their hindquarters in his face or ground them on his body. I have had to help security free him from crazed fans that were trying to grope him.” She laughs. “It is pretty funny, actually, what some ponies do to their celebrities. But through it all, Technis remained loyal and never once gave them a second glance, if he gave them a first to begin with.”

Image and Tempest look ashamed and nod in agreement with Sunset's argument.

“Yes, but what about...” Moon Glow begins.

Sunset flicks the other unicorn's horn to silence her again. “You just can't accept something that is right in front of you...” She takes a deep breath and snorts angrily. “Fine. You don't want to face facts. I'll prove it to you.”

Before anypony can respond, Sunset casts a spell and teleports everypony away. They reappear in the lobby of the Canterlot Music Academy. While the others are gathering their whereabouts, Sunset trots up to the reception desk.

“Excuse me. What room is my husband in?” the unicorn demands.

The secretary checks his computer. “He's currently booked in one of the private recording studios with that cute, young mare he's been seen with lately.”

“Thank you for your help.”

Sunset marches away. The rest of her group follows after her. The mare does not say a thing as she heads straight for the private rooms. When they get there, only one of the rooms is occupied. They can hear voices as they get closer.

“You want a solid stance when putting it in from behind,” Technis can be heard saying. “It will be hard to line up properly, but with a little practice, you'll consistently get a tight fit.”

“Wow! That is a really tight fit!” Sweetie Belle is heard replying.

Sunset pushes the door open without knocking. “Teaching her to set up her own equipment, I hear.”

Tempest nudges Image. He uncovers his eyes to see Technis leaning over an amplifier, plugging in cables. Sweetie crouches by the ports on the other side of the amp, testing the connections. She looks up from her work.

“How come you never put it in this tight, Moon Glow?”

The other mare turns bright red from embarrassment. Tempest covers a snicker.

“Everypony in the music industry should know how to set up their own equipment,” Technis states. “It provides a better understanding of all of the pieces that go into your product, and teaches you to catch technical problems that might otherwise ruin a stellar performance.”

Sweetie Belle sits up and nods during the whole lecture.

“Now, how can we help you?”

Sunset smiles kindly. “We know it is silly, but these three think you're having an affair with Sweetie Belle.”

Technis and Sweetie stare blankly at the others for a moment.

The stallion bursts out laughing. “Me?! With her?! That's insane! Are you sure you didn't get your cutie marks in comedy, because that is just absurd!”

Instead of laughing, Sweetie Belle marches over to Image and smacks the stallion in the head. “Moron! How could you think that?” She leans in close and growls, “When we get back to your place I am going sex you and not stop until both of us are convinced of my fidelity.”

Technis holds his sides and braces himself as he get winded. “You know Sunny and I are trying to have a kid, right? Why would I even think to cheat when we have that going? Who do you think I am? Helios?”

“They just don't know you outside of the tabloids,” Sunset suggests. She glances at Moon Glow. “If any of them were an analyst for your mother, they'd know not to make wild assumptions.”

Moon Glow glows redder, realizing she messed up further.

Sweetie drops Image from the headlock she had put him in. “Besides, he's not even my type.”

Technis immediately stops laughing. “What?”

Sunset glares at the younger mare. “Are you saying my husband isn't good enough for you?”

“Um, well...”

Sweetie turns and gallops away, screaming. The couple chase after her, playfully, not that Sweetie knows it. Image breathes a sigh of relief and trots home, eased that Sweetie is not cheating on him but nervous about what she has planned for when she comes over next. Moon Glow stares at the ground, completely humiliated by her accusations.

Tempest hovers past her friend as she leaves. “Don't worry. It is not like any of this is going to be reported back to Octavia.”

Moon Glow squeaks and sinks lower.

What's not going to be reported to me?” an irritated voice says behind the mare.

Author's Note:

Technis Timeline: Starts working at the Canterlot Music Academy. Starts training Sweetie Belle.

Sunset Timeline: Has to deal with the 137th affair false flag involving her husband.

PS: I don't like doing self-promotion, but here are some of the videos I've been making these past few months. More importantly, here are the cooking videos.

PreviousChapters Next