• Published 30th Jun 2013
  • 1,339 Views, 263 Comments

Starlight Chronicles - WanderingPhysicist



Join Starlight Sparkle, Satsuma Apple and their friends and family, including Apple Bloom, the Cake twins, Razzly Lulamoon and many moremore, as they live, learn and love in Ponyville. Sequel to The Wandering Physicist Adventures

  • ...
12
 263
 1,339

PreviousChapters Next
Remembering to Date

Main Characters: Starlight, Apple Bloom
Cameos: Cheerilee, Twist, Rarity, Satsuma, Applejack
Original Start Date: October 18, 2012


Starlight stares in shock.

‘You want me to teach your class?’

Cheerilee sighs and nods. The teacher has just been offered the position of superintendent for the Ponyville area. Her first task is finding her replacement. ‘I have been given the power to hire anypony I want to replace me. Instead of a long, drawn-out process and interviewing an unknown number of candidates, I’d rather have somepony I know my students will love.’

‘Can’t we just be good friends? I already have somepony I love.’

Apple Bloom jabs her coltfriend.

‘Don’t think it will be without conditions. The school board will be watching us closely. I was picked because of my many years of service and great reputation with the students. They are a little wary of my administrative skills.’

‘I am... sure there is a cream for that,’ Starlight replies.

The young stallion gets two hooves to the gut from the mares surrounding him.

‘I mean, I’ll take the job.’

‘Good!’ Cheerile smiles. ‘You start Monday. Its a date!’

‘Date!? Who said anything about a date?’ Starlight stammers.

‘Yeah! We ain’t been on no date!’

Cheerilee stares back at the couple. ‘You have been living together for two weeks and in love for years, but you haven’t been on a date yet?’

‘We were waiting for marriage?’ the young stallion tries to dodge.

‘Ah mean, mah last date was with his pa. That’d be kinda weird, right?’

Cheerilee laughs as she turns to leave. ‘Oh, you two are as cute as his parents were when they were dating. Just make sure he keeps his, uh, attentions with just you, Apple Bloom.’

Starlight gasps. ‘I am appalled! Like I would look at any other pony than my beloved Apple Bloom.’

Apple Bloom groans. ‘See, Miss Cheerilee, we’re fine.’

‘That’s good,’ Cheerilee laughs. ‘Have fun on your first date. Whenever that is.’

The two young adults blush. Once Cheerilee is gone, they turn to each other.

‘We should go out some time...’ Starlight mutters.

‘Yeah. At least t’ celebrate yer new job and all.’

‘Right! That is a good reason, too. I mean, we’d be going out because we love each other too, right?’

‘O-of course!’ Apple Bloom hastily agrees. ‘It ain’t a like date always leads t’ other thin’s...’

‘Other things?’

The young mares cheeks match her mane. ‘Ya know... Like sex...’

‘OH! Right! Totally. We are just going to have our first date. It will be very romantic, but sex can wait for later.’

Apple Bloom stares into her coltfriend’s eyes. ‘Yeah.. Later...’

Starlight stares back. ‘We’re mature adults. Romance first, right?’

‘Yeah...’ Apple Bloom looks over the young stallion’s body. ‘Very mature.’

Starlight starts leaning close. ‘Just a date...’

The couple’s lips touch. Starlight runs a hoof through Apple Bloom’s mane. She pushes him back into a bookshelf. She reaches for his mane too, but brushes his horn, earning a gasp from the young stallion. They break their kiss, saliva still connecting them.

‘I love you,’ Starlight pants.

‘Ah love ya, too.’

They start leaning in when a book falls from the shelf and nails the young stallion on the back of the head.

‘Y’all okay!’ Apple Bloom gasps.

‘I’m fine,’ Starlight groans. ‘Hey, since it is only Saturday, I should start getting ready. Monday is just around the corner.’

‘Right. Don’ wanna be caught unprepared.’

‘Definitely. I don’t want to be unprotected... from the students!’

‘Yeah. Don’ want y’all t’ be rubbed raw yer first time.’

The two young adults stare into each other’s eyes again. The sexual tension is thick. They quickly turn away from each other.

‘Ah gotta clean up and do some filin’.’

‘Yeah, uh, school stuff.’

They hurry to their tasks, both taking a lingering glance at the other’s plots as they go.

Starlight trots through town. He spent the whole day preparing for his first day of teaching in order to keep his physical feelings towards Apple Bloom from overpowering his romantic feelings. He even made up other errands to keep himself busy. The unicorn trots through the market looking at the stalls when the thought hits him that he should find a gift for their date. The local confectionary catches his eye and he heads in.

‘Welcome to Twist’s Treats!’ the confectioner greets. She looks away and grumbles, ‘A subsidiary of Bon Bon’s Confections.’

Starlight laughs. ‘If you’re half as good as Apple Bloom says, you can be a subsidiary of Lunamoon Entertainment for all I care.’

‘Oh!’ Twist gasps. ‘You’re Apple Bloom’s coltfriend.’ She takes in the young stallion. ‘She’s a lucky one.’

‘You’re not that bad yourself.’

‘You flatter me, but I already have a handsome unicorn waiting for me.’

‘And I have a beautiful, red-maned earth pony back home. Doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy the view.’

Twist smiles. ‘Are you flirting with me to get a discount?’

‘If it is working, yes. If not, then no, I am really this into you and totally not levitating items out the back.’

Twist laughs. ‘You’re a friend of Apple Bloom. Of course, I was going to give you a discount without asking.’

‘Sweet! Literally in this case.’ The young stallion looks around. ‘So, uh, what does she like?’

‘You’re her coltfriend. You should know.’

Starlight keeps looking. He bites his lip out of nerves. Twist laughs and sighs.

‘If it is not that pressing, I can make a batch of apple candy for you to pick up tomorrow.’

‘That would be great. I am really lost when it comes to this relationship stuff.’

‘Just remember the her eyes are up here’ -- Twist points to her face -- ‘and not here.’ She points to her rump.

Starlight blushes and gives a small whimper. ‘I don’t think about those sorts of things at all! She is a precious jewel, not some... something else not as precious!’

The unicorn turns and marches towards the door.

‘Don’t forget to come back tomorrow,’ Twist laughs.

‘For Apple Bloom, I never forget.’

After their day apart, the couple eats a quiet meal together. They both keep nervously looking at each other. Starlight gives a weak laugh.

‘Why are we nervous about a date? We eat together all the time.’

‘R-right,’ Apple Bloom agrees. ‘Ah mean, we even live under the same roof. We even slept t’gether as foals.’

Starlight turns bright red. ‘We did? I thought you said...’

Apple Bloom blushes and stares at her plate. ‘Ah got cold one night and may have cuddled up while ya were still sleepin.’

‘Oh...’

The two ponies stare at their meals silently for what feels like an eternity.

‘Not t’ mention Ah went on that date with yer father,’ Apple Bloom blurts out.

‘Yeah. That isn’t weird at all.’ Starlight takes a bite of food. ‘What sort of things did you do?’

‘Ah was younger than when we first met. We did stupid kid thin’s.’

‘Oh... I like stupid kid things.’

‘I like ya...’

‘I love you.’

‘Ah love ya too.’

The couple starts leaning across the table to kiss. Right before their lips touch, Starlight’s mobile goes off. The young stallion falls out of his seat in surprise. He levitates the mobile to his ear.

‘Hello? Oh, hey, Cheerilee.’ He covers the mouthpiece. ‘Mind if I take this?’

‘Go ahead.’

Starlight nods and uncovers the mobile. ‘Sorry. We’re in the middle of dinner, but I can talk.’

The young stallion trots out of the room. Apple Bloom lets out a long sigh and goes back to her meal.

With Starlight out prepping for teaching the next day, Apple Bloom uses the next day to call in an expert to help her plan for her date. Apple Bloom looks at the dress she is wearing while Rarity stands off to the side watching her friend.

‘This is great!’ Apple Bloom compliments. ‘Ah look amazin’!’

‘Hmm. It is just one I modified from a base design to fit you,’ Rarity sighs. ‘I still have to add some embellishments and fit it better.’

‘Wait? Are ya givin’ me another of Sweetie’s dresses like mah last date?’

‘Heavens no!’ Rarity gasps. ‘All of hers are custom designed for the various tasks her instructors put her through.’

‘Ya mean like one fer singin and another fer concerts?’

‘Something like that,’ the older mare dodges.

Apple Bloom spins around. ‘Feels like Ah’m wearing nothin’ at all.’

‘That’s the point, darling,’ Rarity laughs. ‘Just wait until I get it fit better. Then when Starlight sees you, you’ll be thanking me for the easy access.’

The young mare stops and turns bright red. ‘Easy access?’

‘Of course, darling.’ A grin spreads over Rarity’s face. ‘That is the best part of a date. A lady must always look her best and have a regal air about her, but she can be ready for a little fun as well. If you are looking for something more erotic, just tell Velvet you’re my friend and she should give you the royal treatment.’

Apple Bloom stares at the ground and kicks a bit. Rarity laughs to herself. The door to the library opens and Starlight trots in.

‘Oh. Sorry,’ the young stallion apologizes. ‘I didn’t know... You look beautiful.’

The young stallion stares at his fillyfriend in awe. Apple Bloom starts to look up at her coltfriend but stops and gasps. Rarity turns and smiles, too. Starlight glances down.

‘I’ll be in my room!’ the young stallion shouts. ‘School stuff!’

Starlight teleports away before he gets even more embarrassed.

‘If he is like that now, wait until he sees the final design,’ Rarity purrs. She sniffs the air. ‘You mark it, you buy it.’

Finally, the big day has arrived! After much anticipation, something Starlight has been preparing for his whole life is about to be achieved.

The unicorn teleports into the busy Ponyville schoolhouse. The gossiping students start calming down. Satsuma groans and hits his head against his desk.

‘I have some good news and some bad news,’ Starlight announces. ‘First, the bad. Cheerilee won’t be teaching you anymore.’ The students moan. ‘But! The good news is that I will be your new teacher from here on out!’

The class cheers for their new teacher. Satsuma groans again.

‘Settle down. Settle down. It will take some time before we really get into a good rhythm. First of all, we have to clear up some very important business. Satsuma! What sort of things does your aunt like?’

‘What? I don’t know?’ the colt grumbles. ‘Why are you asking?’

‘I may or may not have a very important date with her, and I wouldn’t mind some help making it perfect.’

‘Oh, well, in that case, she loves when stallions brag constantly. She is totally not put off by bad manners and niggling. Her favorite foods are garlic, onions and horseradish. And you should make her pay. She loves paying.’

Starlight nods thoughtfully. ‘You have detention.’

‘I thought as much.’

Apple Bloom paces behind her sister’s stall. She is trying to stay out of sight of the customers.

‘Ah can do this. Ah can do this,’ the young mare mumbles to herself.

‘Obviously not, if ya're here and not in the library,’ Applejack comments.

‘Who told ya that!’

‘Calm down, AB. Ya don’ wanna be too worked up befer yer date. Remember how worked up ya were befer yer date with Jimmy? Ya almost ruined it by not actin’ like yerself.’

Apple Bloom glares. ‘How’d ya know? Were ya there?’

Applejack scrunches her face and looks away. ‘Nope. Ya, uh, told me afterwards.’

‘Right...’ Apple Bloom laughs nervously and sits in the dirt. ‘Y’all know this is only mah second date... ever.’

‘Eeyup.’

‘Ya don’t have anythin’ else t’ say cept be mahself?’

‘Nope!’

‘What if he wants t’...?’

‘Big nope!’

Apple Bloom stands and trots away. ‘Thanks a lot!’ she snorts.

Applejack laughs and waves. ‘Eeyup!’

Starlight teleports into Neightponese Imports. He looks around and goes to the counter.

‘Scootaloo. I wanted to as...’

‘Niisan!’ Rei cheers. She flies over. ‘I heard about your date! I got this for you!’

With all eyes on the conversation, Rei sets a small box on the counter and smiles. Starlight blushes and his horn glows. Scootaloo falls over laughing. Starlight calmly picks the box up in his mouth and teleports away.

Starlight comes out of his teleport in his room back at the library. He sets the box in a drawer and seals it with a magical shield. The young stallion sighs and trots out of his room. He bumps into Apple Bloom who is coming out of her room in her new dress. The two ponies stare at each other, blushing. Starlight casts a spell and instantly becomes clad in a handsome suit, complete with tie. He holds a hoof up for his date. She smiles and takes his hoof. The unicorn teleports them away.

The couple trots back into the library late at night. Apple Bloom leans against Starlight. They exchange light kisses as they trot to their rooms.

‘Thank ya fer the date. Ah had a lovely time. Ah am a lucky mare t’ have somepony like ya.’

‘Thank you. I was honored to have your company for the evening.’

Starlight leans in and gives Apple Bloom a kiss. He starts to turn, but his hoof is caught by hers. He looks back and sees a crafty grin on the mare’s face. Apple Bloom takes the young stallion’s tie in her hoof. He grins and moves into to kiss Apple Bloom again. The couple makes their way to Apple Bloom’s bedroom, lips locked the whole way.

Author's Note:

Starlight Timeline: His first date. His first time, er, 'spending the night' with Apple Bloom. Gets his job teaching at the schoolhouse.

Story Event: Title is a reference to A Date to Remember, TWP's first date

PreviousChapters Next