• Published 30th Jun 2013
  • 1,338 Views, 263 Comments

Starlight Chronicles - WanderingPhysicist



Join Starlight Sparkle, Satsuma Apple and their friends and family, including Apple Bloom, the Cake twins, Razzly Lulamoon and many moremore, as they live, learn and love in Ponyville. Sequel to The Wandering Physicist Adventures

  • ...
12
 263
 1,338

PreviousChapters Next
A Nicely-Timed Holiday

Main Characters: Diamond Tiara, Scootaloo, Featherweight, Pumpkin, Razzly, Satsuma
Cameos: Starlight, Apple Bloom, Rei, Inkie, Applejack, Pinkie, Lemon, Pound, Del
Original Start Date: June 25, 2013

Warning: There is some implied sexual conduct. If you are offended by this type material, feel free to skip this story. Otherwise, enjoy probably the most mature story in the series for a long time if ever.


Starlight teleports a large group of ponies to a beach. The unicorn’s head spins before he falls into the sand. Del laughs and uses her magic to help recharge her brother. After the effects of teleportation wear off, the others check out the beach.

‘Hmm. I guess it will do,’ Diamond Tiara comments.

‘It is a beach resort holiday! How can you complain!’ Scootaloo scolds.

Diamond gives her fillyfriend a kiss on the cheek. ‘We all have our special talents. Besides, I’m the one paying for our room. I have a right to complain about that.’

The pegasus groans and leaves to wonder the beach.

Razzly looks around. ‘Well, I prefer Bermuleda this time of year, but I guess Floridoe will have to do.’

‘It is a beach resort holiday! How can you complain!’ Pumpkin Cake scolds.

‘Sis, come on,’ Pound urges. ‘We barely convinced mom and dad to let us go on this trip. We should be lucky that we get to spend this time with our friend.’

‘Thank you, Pound.’ Razzly smiles at the colt. ‘You are such a dear. … Though you are far kinder than most of the deer I have met.’

Pound laughs stupidly at the compliment. Satsuma glares at his friend. Pumpkin rolls her eyes. She gets a pat on the back.

‘Don’t worry, Pumpkin-wumpkin,’ Pinkie assures. ‘This is no longer a vacation. This is a quest. It’s a quest for fun. I’m going to have fun. You’re going to have fun. We’re all going to have so much fun that we’ll need plastic surgery to remove our smiles!’

‘Darn tootin’!’ Applejack agrees. ‘It is always a blast when Pinkie Pie is on the job.’

The other mare scowls. ‘Though there will be some party poopers.’

Applejack frowns as her friend trots away.

‘It’s okay, mom,’ Satsuma says. ‘She’ll have to get along with you for the trip.’

Applejack ruffles her son’s mane. ‘Don’ worry ‘bot yer ol’ mom. Jus’ go have some fun with yer friends.’

Satsuma gives his mom a smile then gallops away to play with the other foals.

Starlight sits up and holds his head. ‘And that is why they call me “Clever and Spectacular”.’

‘That’s my line!’ Razzly shouts from across the beach.

Apple Bloom helps the stallion to his hooves. ‘Come on. Let’s get checked in.’

The group of adults head towards the hotel. Applejack stays behind to watch the foals with Pinkie. Scootaloo joins Diamond as she looks at the local shops.

‘I hope she remembers how much of her paycheque she lost this month...’ Rei mumbles.

‘That is probably why she is tagging along with Diamond,’ Inkie giggles. ‘She knows who has the money in the relationship.’

‘So that’s why you stick with me.’

‘Which one of us has a successful rock farm?’

‘Blinkie?’

Inkie growls at her wife. At the back of the pack, Featherweight jots notes as he flies behind the others. Beside him, Lemon magically applies sunblock.

‘What are you writing?’ the unicorn asks.

‘Oh, uh, Cheerilee suggested I do a travelogue of this trip,’ the pegasus explains. ‘I want to document as much as I can.’

Lemon frowns. She takes the pad, flips it to a new page and gives it back. ‘When my dad moved to Appleanta, this place was a very popular vacation spot. When we got rich, dad would take us here. I know it is not as fancy as some other places, but Starlight liked the idea when I told him. Pinkie and Diamond were the ones that suggested I tell him about it when we started talking about going on a trip.’ She looks at the stallion and growls, ‘Write.’

Featherweight starts hastily writing down the story. Lemon giggles to herself.

‘Also, I think you should find your fillyfriend before she gets to far away.’

The young stallion looks up from his pad. Scootaloo and Diamond are at a shop, trying on shell necklaces. Featherweight quickly flies over to them. Lemon giggles again and enters the hotel. Starlight gets keys from the clerk and gives them out.

‘Okay. The colts will stay with me, and Pinkie offered to watch the fillies,’ Starlight reports. ‘Rei, here is your key.’

Rei takes her key and flies out to find her room.

‘I wish she wouldn’t forget me,’ Inkie grumbles. ‘Like our honeymoon all over again. Too eager to get to the bedroom.’ She realizes what she said and turns red. ‘Ididn’tsayanything!’

‘Ah guess the rest o’ us have the last room,’ Apple Bloom figures. She smiles. ‘Ah haven’ shared a bed with mah sis in years.’

‘Guess that means me and Del,’ Lemon says. ‘Del?’

A scream comes from the other end of the hotel foyer. Several ponies gallop from the hotel restaurant.

‘Changeling!’ a fleeing unicorn shrieks.

A pair of large pegasi carry Del towards the exit.

‘I didn’t do anything! I was just looking at the menu!’ the drooling changeling shouts.

Starlight stops the pegasi. ‘What are you doing?’

‘We’re removing this pest from the building,’ one replies. ‘No changelings allowed.’

‘She is the adopted daughter of Princess Twilight Sparkle and the heir of Queen Chrysalis,’ Starlight retorts. He gets out his mobile. ‘Do you want me to get them or should we just report your entire building for tribalist policies? Please say we should call Twilight. I really want to see a smoking crater where this building once stood.’

The pegasi drop Del. ‘We’re watching you.’

Del hisses as they leave.

Lemon grabs the changeling’s leg. ‘Come on, Del. I know a great ice cream shop near here. My treat. And if they refuse to serve you, I’ll buy the shop and make them serve you!’

Del smiles as she follows her friend away. ‘Lemony always knows how to spoil a bad mood.’

‘When life give you lemons, make ice cream!’ Lemon declares. The others laugh as their friends leave.

Starlight slinks over to his fillyfriend and rubs against her. ‘So, want to break in our bedrooms before the others get there?’

‘Ah’m gonna check on mah sister. Make sure she and Pinkie ain’t fightin’ too much.’

Starlight frowns. The clerk taps him on his back.

‘Is one of you Inkie? We just got a call from one of your rooms. The occupant wants you to know her body is ready.’

Inkie squeaks and hurries to the nearest lift. Starlight chuckles then leaves to find the others.

Pinkie gallops up and down the beach with the Cake twins and Razzly. Satsuma sits back from his friends, reading under an umbrella.

‘Y’all go on vacation and ya still find a book t’ read.’

Satsuma looks up as his mom sits with him. She ruffles his mane again.

‘Sorry, I guess I am not the physical activity type,’ the young colt replies.

‘That ain’t true. Ya’re better at buckin’ than Ah was at yer age.’

‘Give him a break, AJ,’ Starlight argues. ‘He is only the second-best athlete in class. The only one better is playing out there.’ He laughs. ‘Besides, once Rei and Del get back, he’ll be so embarrassed by his older siblings having fun that he’ll have to join in.’

‘If it is just my older siblings, what will you be doing?’ Satsuma counters.

‘Not to mention, he should give his aunt a break.’

‘I don’t see Apple Bloom out there.’

‘Pinkie is going to be having our little sibling. She might as well be our aunt. Ooo!’

Starlight spots Apple Bloom and prances off to join her. Satsuma watches his friends again. He sighs deeply and raises his book.

‘What’s wrong?’ Applejack asks.

‘I just feel weird playing with Pinkie,’ Satsuma replies. ‘She has been mad at you for seven years, and it is all my fault.’

‘It ain’t yer fault. Sides, she ain’t mad at ya. She’s mah friend.’

‘She doesn’t act like your friend...’

‘Satsuma, how many times did Ah have t’ tell ya that AB is mah sister no matter what? Pinkie’s the same way. No matter how she acts towards me, she is mah friend.’

Satsuma huffs. He looks at his friends playing. He smiles as he watches Razzly. The filly looks over and motions for him to join. Applejack gives him a nudge. Satsuma sets down his book and gallops over. As soon as he joins his friends, Pinkie trots over to the umbrella and rests.

‘Kinda hard t’ keep up with a little one in ya,’ Applejack jokes.

Pinkie laughs. ‘I know I am not that far along, but I still want to take it easy.’ She rubs her belly. ‘Don’t want my wittle baby to get too worked up.’

‘Ah hear ya. Ah had a heck o’ a time findin’ a family member who could fill in fer me durin’ Apple Buck Season.’

‘I helped on a few trees. A lot of the town did.’

Applejack places her hoof by Pinkie’s. ‘Thanks, Pinkie. Yer a true friend.’

Pinkie looks at her friend and scowls. She gets up. ‘I’m going to see if Lemon found a good ice cream shop. Don’t screw up watching the foals.’

The pregnant mare marches away. Applejack sighs then smiles as she watches her son playing with his friends.

Lemon and Del levitate ice cream cones in front of them. The unicorn licks her cone and giggles as she watches the changeling try to eat several cones at once. Del devours a cone and licks the excess ice cream from her face.

‘This is so good. Thanks, Lemony!’

‘Glad you like it.’ The shorter unicorn blushes, leans up and licks a drop of ice cream from her friend’s cheek. ‘Missed a spot.’

Del’s eyes go wide. ‘That was mine! How dare you!’

Lemon giggles again. Del swoops and bites the unicorn's ice cream. She returns to her cones, grumbling. The friends trot off together. Del gives Lemon a small push when she steps a bit too close to the changeling’s ice cream.

Scootaloo and Diamond Tiara return from a day of shopping and sightseeing. Featherweight carries all the bags for them. A number of their friends are sitting in the lobby of their hotel, chatting.

‘Y’all get enough?’ Apple Bloom asks.

‘Just a bit for now,’ Diamond replies. ‘We’ll really hit the shops tomorrow.’

‘Ah’d say ya can put them in yer room, but Ah don’ remember ya checkin’ in.’

‘Shoot. I knew there was something I needed to do. Well, no time like the present.’

Starlight grins. ‘Oh, you checked in already. I saw it happen.’

‘But she was with me all day,’ Scootaloo replies. ‘How could she have gotten our room?’

Lemon and Diamond Tiara trot out from the restaurant. Diamond Tiara growls when she sees herself.

‘Thank you for treating me to dinner, “Diamond”,’ Lemon snickers.

‘It was my pleasure,’ Del-mond Tiara replies. ‘I might be an obnoxious, stuck-up whiner, but I don’t mind charging a dinner or four to my room.’

‘That is such a good impression. I would love to see your take on me.’

‘That wouldn’t be a good idea,’ Starlight interrupts. ‘Too much sweetness could make the world explode.’

Del-mond blushes and looks away. Lemon giggles at her friend. Diamond trots over.

‘Drop the disguise, Del,’ the earth pony demands.

Del changes back to normal. She sticks her tongue out at Diamond as she and Lemon return to their room.

‘And I want my key!’

A room key levitates to Diamond. She snatches it. The mare grumbles to herself as she marches away. Scootaloo and Featherweight follow her. The pegasus mare covers a laugh. The stallion grunts under the weight of his load. His friends cover snickering of their own.

Satsuma and Pumpkin sit on a bed and go through a book together. Razzly lays on another bed playing a hoofheld game. Pound snores on the floor, worn out. Applejack keeps an eye on the foals. Starlight taps on the door.

‘Come on, everypony. Time for bed.’

The foals groan.

‘You’ll have plenty of time to play tomorrow,’ the stallion chuckles. ‘First, we should recharge our batteries, like Pound.’

The colt snores as Starlight levitates him to Satsuma’s bed. Pumpkin jumps down. Applejack escorts the fillies from the room.

‘Don’ stay up too late readin’.’

‘I won’t,’ the brothers say in union.

Applejack laughs. She drops the fillies off in their room. Pinkie smiles and shows them in. She briefly smiles at Applejack before snorting and turning away. The mare sighs and goes to her room. Del and Lemon are enjoying a late-night snack in their bed. Apple Bloom pats beside her. Her older sister smiles and climbs on to go to sleep.

Rei and Inkie cuddle in their room. The wives kiss each other.

‘You know, Inkie-chan... This is a lot like our honeymoon...’

Inkie giggles. ‘I know what you are thinking.’ She rolls on top of her wife. ‘And I completely agree.’

Inkie nibbles Rei’s wings, getting a lusty moan from the small pegasus.

Featherweight hides in his bed. Scootaloo and Diamond Tiara invited him to stay with them in their spare bed. He is extremely nervous to share a room with two mares, knowing the relationship between the two of them.

‘Th-th-thanks for l-letting me stay with you,’ the young stallion stutters.

‘R-right!’ Scootaloo replies. ‘Diamond really is sweet.’

The other mare chuckles. ‘Like you don’t tell me that a lot.’

‘Diamond!’

‘Oh, please. Since my dad found out, everypony who matters now knows about us.’ She kisses Scootaloo’s nose. ‘Of course, I know about the two of you too.’

The young stallion squeaks and balls up.

‘No need to be ashamed, dear. I don’t mind sharing my love with you, though she belongs to me first.’

‘Whoa!’ Scootaloo pushes back. ‘I don’t belong to anypony.’

‘Sorry. I misspoke. Forgive me?’

The pegasus mare sighs, ‘Yeah.’

‘Good.’ Diamond pulls Scootaloo in for a big kiss. She starts running a hoof through the pegasus’ chest fluff.

‘Diamond, not now,’ Scootaloo whispers.

‘Why not, deary? We're on holiday. It would be fun.’

‘Featherweight is here. It is not the right time.’

Diamond grins seductively. ‘So?’ She run her hooves over her fillyfiend again. ‘He can always join if he wants.’

‘W-wh-what?!’

The earth pony looks at the other bed. ‘What do you say?’

Featherweight glances over. He instantly turns away when he see the two mares. ‘Um, well, uh, I, uh, er...’

Scootaloo blushes and looks at the other bed. ‘I-it is okay with me if you want...’

The young stallion looks over. Before he can speak, Diamond smirks and interrupts.

‘I think he is okay with it,’ she says, pointing and winking.

Scootaloo looks and gasps. Diamond waves Featherweight over...

An undetermined time later, the other vacationers are wide awake. Rei and Inkie have stopped their fooling around.

‘Inkie...’

‘Yes, Rei?’

‘Remind me to soundproof my shop before the next time Diamond stays over.’

‘Right. Scootaloo is a little loud...’

Satsuma and Pound blush redder than the earth pony’s natural colors.

‘Pound,’ Starlight says. ‘You know that topic I refuse to cover in class?’

‘Y-yes...’

‘Something like that.’

Pinkie laughs nervously. ‘Um, girls, pretend you didn’t hear that.’

‘Yes, Pinkie!’ the fillies hastily reply as they move as far away from each other as possible.

Diamond lays back in her bed and pants, ‘That was better than expected.’ She looks over at Scootaloo. ‘We can cross that page out of the book.’

‘I can’t believe we did that,’ the pegasus mare mutters repeatedly.

Diamond rolls her eyes. ‘What about you?’

Featherweight sits on the side of the bed and stares at the wall. ‘Whoa. Just... whoa.’

The earth pony groans and gets up. ‘Well, I am going to get cleaned up and go to bed. We have a long day of shopping tomorrow.’

Diamond goes to the washroom, leaving the pegasi to collect themselves. Scootaloo looks at Featherweight.

‘You are so joining us more often.’

Pinkie and Del sit on the beach eating ice cream. The mares play lifeguard while the foals play with Applejack. Rei and Inkie sunbathe together. Lemon is out shopping with Diamond. The other young adults play a game of volleyball together. Scootaloo flies up and spikes the ball. Starlight deflects the shot with his magic, and Apple Bloom hits it back. Featherweight shouts and cowers as Scootaloo tries to return the ball in time.

‘Still?’ Scootaloo groans.

‘Give ‘im a break,’ Apple Bloom sighs. ‘Y’all know he was picked on ‘til he grew up and out.’

‘Thanks, Apple Bloom.’

‘Want me to go back in time and teach your bullies a lesson?’ Starlight offers.

‘Aren’t you not allowed to time travel?’ Apple Bloom asks.

The unicorn adjusts his glasses. ‘Technically, maybe, yes.’ He sits and motions with his hooves. ‘But aren’t we always travelling in time? Ever moving forward?’

Apple Bloom rolls her eyes and goes to get a drink. The pegasi shake the sand from their wings and join her. Rei looks up as the others approach.

‘Hey, Scoots. We have something we want to talk about.’

The young pegasus blushes. ‘Is it about last night?’

Featherweight freezes and his wings stick up.

‘Yeah. We know you’re old enough and don’t mean to interfere, but do you mind keeping it down a bit?’

Inkie nods. ‘I believe we have asked you that before... back home.’

‘Oh, come on! I know I get into it, but I am not that loud.’

‘The management did call me with a few noise complaints,’ Starlight adds.

Scootaloo growls and flies away.

‘S-sorry for my part in all of that,’ Featherweight apologizes before chasing his fillyfriend.

Across the beach, Satsuma drags himself to his towel and lays down. Pinkie offers him a drink.

‘Thanks,’ the young colt pants. ‘Pumpkin is really kicking our flanks.’

‘She is a little bundle of energy,’ Pinkie teases. ‘Good thing you are not really playing a game against her. She would totally whoop ya!’

The colt groans again. Pound flies over and collapses too. The two unicorns help Applejack clean up their game.

‘Pumpkin, may I ask you a question?’

The other filly sighs. ‘What?’

‘Hmm. Didn’t go for the joke. Interesting. Anyway! How long have you been crushing on Satsuma?’

Pumpkin faces Razzly. ‘What?!’

‘Oh, please. My mother taught me how to read a crowd. I can tell the looks you give him.’

The other unicorn looks away and kicks the sand. ‘Well, uh...’

‘Don’t be so coy. I think he likes you too.’

‘Really?!’

The fillies look at the colts relaxing with Pinkie. Pound squirts Satsuma with his drink. The other colt shouts while Pinkie laughs at them. Applejack trots over and scolds her son. Pinkie snorts and looks away. The farmer sighs and turns to the fillies.

‘Y’all get yer rumps in gear, and we can get t’ lunch!’

The fillies trot back together.

‘You know, I could help you have some private time together,’ Razzly suggests.

‘Really?! Y-you’d do that for me?’

‘Of course! What are friends for?’

Pumpkin half-smiles and joins the others for lunch.

After lunch, most of the vacationers return to the beach. Diamond and Lemon convinced Scootaloo and Del to go shopping with them. Featherweight sits and works on his article. Pinkie and Pound build sandcastles for the young colt to destroy. Starlight and Apple Bloom look into renting an inflatable raft for the afternoon. Satsuma checks out the shop with his mother. Razzly smiles and nudges Pumpkin. The filly fiddles with her mane and steps forward.

‘Um, Satsuma, would you want to get a raft with me?’

The young colt blushes. ‘R-really?’ He looks up. ‘Is that okay, mom?

‘Ah don’ see why not.’ She looks at the vendor. ‘Mind if mah son and his friend get a raft too?’

The unicorn working the stand shrugs. ‘There is a lifeguard on duty. As long as you watch them too, we have a deal. Do you want insurance against any accidental punctures?’

Pumpkin growls. ‘I am very safe! I have never had a single accident with my horn!’

The vendor rolls his eyes. ‘If you say so...’

The unicorn levitates a pair of rafts to his customers.

The two unicorn and earth pony couples float on their rafts. The sea is calm enough so they just drift around. Starlight and Apple Bloom playfully splash each other as they swim. Satsuma and Pumpkin sit on their raft like a pair of awkward foals.

‘So, uh,’ Satsuma says.

‘Yeah...’ Pumpkin smiles at the colt. ‘This has been a pretty fun break.’

‘Yeah. It is nice getting away for a weekend. I have only been to Manehattan to see Cousin Babs or to Appleloosa to see Braeburn or trips to Canterlot...’

‘Those sound fun. We only travel to Canterlot or Trottingham or wherever for catering orders.’

‘That is still more than once or twice a year like me and mom.’

Pumpkin laughs and kicks the water. Satsuma tries shifting around, but ends up upsetting the raft. They drift silently for a bit.

‘So, uh, how are things at school?’ Pumpkin asks.

‘What do you mean?’

‘You know, like with your brother being the teacher and other stuff...’ She looks at Razzly on the beach being waited on by her brother. ‘You know. Just, like, how it is going?’

Satsuma shrugs. ‘I guess class is fine. Starlight is pretty fun. I hear we’re getting a bunch of new students soon.’

‘That should be fun. I hope they are nice.’

‘Looking for a cute colt?’

Pumpkin smiles and shifts closer. ‘I think there are some good ones in class already.’

Satsuma blushes. He tries adjusting his glasses and slips on the raft. Pumpkin catches him and helps him up. A loud whistle comes from shore.

‘Hey, y’all!’ Applejack calls. ‘Del is getting mighty hungry (as usual)! Y’all ‘bout ready to head in?’

Starlight waves. He and Apple Bloom swim their raft in. Satsuma pulls himself over the raft and starts swimming. He looks at Pumpkin.

‘Gonna help?’

The filly blushes. ‘I, uh, don’t know how to swim.’

‘You’re, like, the best athlete ever! How do you not know how to swim?’

‘I was going to learn during this break! It is not my fault I haven’t learned yet!’

Satsuma takes Pumpkin’s hoof. He pulls her forward. ‘Here. Just mimic what I do.’

The young colt paddles with his free foreleg and kicks with his hind. Pumpkin copies him, and they swim to shore.

Starlight and Apple Bloom are out for a walk after dinner. They stroll across the beach in the moonlight. The young mare leans against her coltfriend.

‘Ah know Ah say it a lot, but Ah love havin’ ya back.’ She leans up and kisses Starlight. ‘Ah love ya, Starlight.’

‘I love you too, Apple Bloom.’ The young stallion lets out a deep breath. ‘You really don’t know how hard it was not returning before it was the right time.’

‘Yer here now. That’s what’s most important.’

‘Thank you. I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.’

The couple kisses again as they continue their stroll.

Applejack watches her sister from her room’s balcony. She smiles and turns back to her room.

‘Whoa nelly!’

A changeling queen wearing a frilly pink dress stares at the shorter earth pony. A giggling yellow unicorn stands behind the changeling.

‘Isn’t she adorable?’ Lemon snickers. ‘It is so different from what she wears in her catalogues.’

‘It is somethin’. That’s fer sure,’ Applejack replies.

Del snorts and looks away. ‘Shut up. I like this sort of thing, okay?’

‘Everypony wants to feel pretty sometimes, Del,’ Lemon says. ‘I think you look great.’

‘That’s right,’ Applejack agrees. ‘Even though Ah ain’t one t’ get gussied up all the time, ya gotta go with what ya like.’

The changeling removes her dress and levitates it in front of her. ‘Thanks. I guess. Rarity and Fleur always have me wearing such silly outfits. When I saw this, I thought it was so cute that I had to get it.’

‘And I even got one to go with it,’ Lemon adds. ‘Just in case Del wants to match with somepony.’

‘Yer a good friend, Lemon.’ Applejack goes to the door. ‘Ah’m gonna check on mah boy. Be right back.’

The others nod as she leaves. Del looks at her dress again.

‘Too bad all the places I could wear it won’t let me,’ the changeling grumbles. ‘Rarity and Fleur always make me wear one of their weird outfits.’

‘That is because you are going to fashion events or high society functions,’ Lemon replies. ‘They expect something different there.’

‘I guess...’ Del huffs. ‘You should come sometime. You know that sort of thing, but you are really fun. You could keep me company.’

‘I’d love to, but I got enough of those when I was growing up. Though I wouldn’t mind asking to Pinkie to get you invited to a party where your new dress would be proper attire. I’ll even supply the ice cream.’

Del smiles. ‘That would be fun. I haven’t had a party like that since the last time I lived in Ponyville.’

‘Then we will definitely have to invite you!’ Lemon hugs her friend. ‘I know everypony loves Del!’

The changeling laughs and returns the hug. ‘You are just as nice as your brother only less frowny all the time.’

Lemon giggles at the compliment.

The next morning, the vacationers board a train for Ponyville. Starlight is too tired to teleport them back and most have to return to work. The passengers slowly settle into the rented car. Satsuma sits with his mother. Diamond drags Scootaloo to the back so she can cuddle with the pegasus. Featherweight sits across from them as he keeps writing his article. The Cake twins sit with Pinkie. The train starts moving.

A little ways into the trip, Razzly calls Pumpkin over to her seat. The other unicorn sighs and trots over.

‘So, how was your time with Satsuma yesterday?’ Razzly asks before the other filly can sit down.

Pumpkin freezes for a second then smiles, blushing. ‘It was nice. We didn’t do much except kick around the sea. Thanks for suggesting the idea, though I hated lying about not knowing how to swim.’

‘No problem at all. It is the least I can do.’

‘Yeah. He is really great. So kind and smart. He’s really considerate too. Just wish he would pick up on what other ponies are doing half the time.’

‘Oh? Go on?’

Pumpkin shakes her head. ‘It is nothing. Just forget it. Anyway. Thanks for your help yesterday.’

The unicorn goes back to sit with her brother. Razzly thinks for a moment before turning her attention to Satsuma. She smiles as she watches the colt staring out the window, trying to point out landmarks to his tired mother.

‘Satsuma, dear,’ Razzly calls. ‘I hear you’re good with an atlas. Would you mind playing tour guide for me while we head back?’

The young colt smiles. ‘Sure!’

Satsuma hops from his seat and joins his friend. Razzly sits as close as she can to the colt as she listens to him talk. She looks back at a glaring Pumpkin and smirks.

Author's Note:

Scootaloo Love Triangle: She, Diamond and Featherweight do page 137 (and everypony else hears it).

Satsuma Love Triangle: Pumpkin makes a move with Razzly's help. Razzly shows interestest in Satsuma.

Story Event: The title and themes were inspired by A Well-Earned Break, where TWP and friends go on a holiday with equally sexy results.

I know there is a bit of an adult moment with Scootaloo and her loves but as of now, that is the only such scene (currently planned) in the whole series. The rest of the series is pretty mild. Nothing too bad aside from the same jokes as in the chapters before this one.

PreviousChapters Next