• Published 30th Jun 2013
  • 1,339 Views, 263 Comments

Starlight Chronicles - WanderingPhysicist



Join Starlight Sparkle, Satsuma Apple and their friends and family, including Apple Bloom, the Cake twins, Razzly Lulamoon and many moremore, as they live, learn and love in Ponyville. Sequel to The Wandering Physicist Adventures

  • ...
12
 263
 1,339

PreviousChapters Next
Flashback: Exposed

Main Characters: Princess Celestia, Queen Chrysalis
Cameos: Blueblood, Luna, Del
Original Start Date: October 20, 2013


Celestia and Chrysalis trot through Canterlot Castle’s gardens together. The changeling is in Canterlot for a show as Full Moon. She drags herself alongside Celestia, tired after her last show. The princess laughs.

‘And here I thought your audience loved you,’ Celestia jokes.

‘Zip it, Sun-Butt.’ Chrysalis moans. ‘Touring takes a lot out of me.’

‘You always have a place to rest here when you need it.’

Chrysalis smiles and nuzzles Celestia’s cheek. ‘Thank you.’

The princess blushes and looks away. ‘Don’t act like that. Somepony could be watching.’

The changeling’s grin grows. ‘Care to make your sister and her lover jealous of us?’ She leans in and whispers, ‘I am a creature of love.’

Celestia freezes and backs up a step. Chrysalis laughs and keeps trotting along.

‘Must you always be this way?’ Celestia huffs.

‘How long have we known each other?’ Chrysalis laughs. ‘I think you’d be used to this game by now.’

‘I… I am just rusty at this sort of thing.’

Chrysalis turns back and goes nose to nose with Celestia. ‘What sort of thing do you think this is?’

‘Well, uh, I mean...’

‘Want a little kiss?’

Celestia opens her mouth to answer, but Chrysalis quickly licks the princess’ nose. She trots away, cackling up a storm.

Celestia growls and stomps. ‘You are so infuriating!’

‘But I didn’t even say anything yet,’ a male voice says.

Celestia turns to face a white unicorn stallion with a flowing golden mane. Her expression sours even further.

‘What do you want, Blueblood?’

The prince sweats as Celestia glares at him. ‘Well, uh, my stipend cheque was la… OH MY YOU! Is that Chrysalis!’

Celestia looks back. Chrysalis smiles, exposing her fangs, and waves at the shocked prince.

‘She’s, uh, here for, um, League of...’

‘Chrysalis has returned to drain our souls!’ Blueblood shouts, running away. ‘Sexy mares and me first!’

Celestia facehoofs as the prince plows through the guards as they move in on the changeling queen.

‘Back off,’ Celestia orders. ‘You know she is a League member.’

Chrysalis approaches her friend, after sticking her tongue out at the guards. ‘I have a feeling he is going to cause us a lot of trouble.’

‘You don’t know the half of it,’ Celestia sighs.

Celestia wakes with her head in a puddle of drool and a jabbing sensation in her side. The princess wipes her face clean as she sits up. Luna stops poking her sister and stares at her sternly.

‘Sister, we have a problem,’ Luna reports.

The throne room is packed. Press line the stairs below the thrones. Throngs of ponies fill the rest of the hall, curious to hear what Celestia has to say. Prince Blueblood gives an interview with one of the reporters. The hall falls silent as Celestia and Luna come out. The gathered ponies bow to their rulers. Luna takes her seat. Celestia stands at the top of the stairs. She glares at the prince before turning to the audience.

The princess clears her throat. ‘This gathering is to address the rumors that the palace has been visited by Queen Chr-’

‘What’s going on in here?’

The princesses freeze. Celestia slowly turns to see Chrysalis trotting into the throne room. Ponies cower in fear. Reporters snap pictures. The changeling poses for a few photos as she joins the stunned princess. The nearest reporter takes a step back when Chrysalis flashes him a fang-laden smile.

‘C-Chr-Chrysalis,’ Celestia stammers. ‘W-we were just talking about you. We were about to answer questions about...’

‘Our secret meetings?’ Chrysalis fills in. ‘They are quite enjoyable.’

Many photos are taken as Celestia turns red with embarrassment. Murmurs fill the audience.

‘Y-yes. Our meetings where we discuss League business.’

‘Oh, those are so boring,’ Chrysalis groans. ‘I prefer the ones where we discuss our relationship.’

More murmurs fill the hall.

‘Our relationship!?’ Celestia thinks quickly for an escape. ‘You mean the easing of relations between Equestria and your hive. The relationship between our respective nations.’

A reporter raises a hoof. ‘What do you mean by “easing of relations”?’

Celestia’s mind races. ‘Well, uh, stuff like...’

‘Allowing changelings to go out in public, for one,’ Chrysalis answers.

The princess turns to the queen. ‘What?!’

‘What?!’ a lot of the audience mirrors.

Chrysalis fakes pouting. ‘It is so mean for changelings to have to hide their true selves. That is why Celestia has agreed to allow changelings to be free of the burden of a disguise while in Equestria.’

‘Only if they remain peaceful,’ Celestia interrupts. ‘Any attacks on ponies or unwilling draining of love face terrible consequences.’

Chrysalis nods. ‘That is only fair. I wouldn’t want a bunch of ponies causing trouble when they visit my hive.’

‘Th-there are other proposals as well, but that one was the most important. We can discuss them further once a formal treaty is drawn up.’

‘But since the cat is out of the bag on this one,’ Chrysalis butts in, ‘it might as well go into effect immediately.’

‘That’s not really the best idea...’ Celestia warns.

Chrysalis frowns. ‘Really, Celestia? Haven’t my kind suffered enough?’

‘Well, uh...’ Celestia looks around. The audience waits for an answer. Reporters lean in. Blueblood lies on the ground, fainted. Chrysalis gives a slight smirk. Luna facehoofs and shakes her head. The Princess of the Sun sighs. ‘Why not? But be warned: not all ponies will be accepting of you right away. Do not drop your disguise if you are not prepared to face the consequences.’

The hall explodes as everypony tries to make their opinion heard. Luna goes to the nearest exit and motions for her sister to follow. Chrysalis smiles as she backs away.

Celestia takes a deep breath. ‘SILENCE!’ she shouts in the Royal Canterlot Voice. The room is instantly quiet. ‘I know the idea of living alongside changelings is upsetting, especially given our past relations with them, especially Chrysalis’ hive. But, she has proven to be a valued member of the League of Harmony and has helped Equestria and a number of other nations with incidents dealing with other changeling hives. I have known many changelings who live peacefully in Equestria whose only desire is to be who they are without persecution. I choose to grant them this honor because it is the right thing to do. Even if I feel my hoof was forced, Chrysalis is a friend, and I value her advice on dealing with changelings. I believe this course of action will lead to a more harmonious Equestria. If you can put your preconceived notions aside, you will find they are just like you or me. Let them into your hearts (not literally, mind you) and you will see they are just like everypony in this hall.’ She turns away. ‘Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have business to attend to with my sister and Queen Chrysalis.’

Celestia marches off, leaving the crowd to ponder her words and beg for more answers. The princess breathes a heavy sigh once she is out of the room. She is jabbed in the side.

‘You really stepped in it this time, both of you,’ Luna scolds. ‘I kept telling you that your late night meetings were going to draw attention.’ She snorts. ‘At least they think you are only negotiating and not doing anything improper.’

Celestia stomps and blushes. ‘Like either of us would try to do anything improper with the other!’

Chrysalis smirks. ‘I would.’

Celestia blushes redder. ‘You would?!’

The changeling’s grin grows. ‘Don’t sound too hopeful.’

Luna moans and turns away from the other rulers. ‘If you are done flirting, we have a treaty to draw up. A real treaty, not one made up on the spot.’

Luna groans again and rolls her eyes as she trots away. Celestia grumbles and looks away. Chrysalis laughs and follows the younger princess.

‘Chrysalis, wait,’ Celestia says.

The changeling turns. ‘Ye-’

Chrysalis is cut off when Celestia kisses her. She backs away after a couple seconds. ‘Thank you. Whether or not you planned this, we are going to get a lot of good done because of what you said today. I’m sure of it.’ She follows after her sister, leaving a shocked changeling. She turns back, simpers and shakes her rump. ‘And we're going to have to spend a lot more time together, so don’t get too distracted admiring my form.’

Chrysalis turns a brighter red. ‘Wh-what? I-I don’t admire your form! What makes you say that? Dummy! It is not like I like you or anything!’

Celestia laughs as she joins her sister. Chrysalis growls and chases after the princesses.

At a breakfast table, a dark blue pegasus mare with a long red mane watches a recording of Celestia’s and Chrysalis’ conference. A large grin just keeps growing until long fangs are exposed. Del jumps up laughing as she drops her disguise. The excited changeling gallops to work, getting screams, stares, more than a few photos and a non-zero amount of accepting smiles as she makes her way through the streets.

Author's Note:

TWP/SCS Timeline: Princess Celestia and Queen Chrysalis publicly make peace. Changelings are allowed to travel Equestria without a disguise, as long as they do not feed on unwilling ponies.

Celestia Love Triangle: James vs Chrysalis

Chrysalis Love Triangle: Shining and Cadance vs Celestia

Luna Love Triangle: Still just Cloudchaser at this time.

PreviousChapters Next