• Published 30th Jun 2013
  • 1,340 Views, 263 Comments

Starlight Chronicles - WanderingPhysicist



Join Starlight Sparkle, Satsuma Apple and their friends and family, including Apple Bloom, the Cake twins, Razzly Lulamoon and many moremore, as they live, learn and love in Ponyville. Sequel to The Wandering Physicist Adventures

  • ...
12
 263
 1,340

PreviousChapters Next
The Lonely Pony and the Lost Changeling

Main Characters: Del, Fancy Pants, Fleur, Redheart
Cameos: Pearl Heart, Applejack, Diamond Tiara, Scootaloo, Rei, Starlight, Satsuma, Pumpkin and Pound Cake, Razzly
Original Start Date: December 30, 2012


Del trots through Fillydelphia on a cold, rainy night. The changeling shivers as she looks for a place to stay for the night. The homes and businesses she passes close their doors and turn her away. Del sighs and finds an out-of-the-way alley. She arranges some boxes and boards beside a building and makes a small lean-to out of the rain. The changeling lets out a long sigh then gets a small meal from her pack and starts eating.

After Twilight and James Sparkle’s wedding, Del stayed in Ponyville for a couple more years, living with Rei and Inkie. When she felt ready, the young changeling travelled throughout Equestria, seeing everything she could. Most of the time, she stayed with members of her sister’s hive while doing odd jobs for various ponies. When Celestia and Chrysalis agreed to normalize relations between Equestia and the changelings, Del used the opportunity to permanently shed her pegasus disguise and travel openly. This caused most of the ponies who employed her to shun the changeling. The changelings she used to stay with that did not want to reveal themselves would no longer take her in. Del was forced to travel the world alone, doing what little work she could to survive.

After the battle with The Master, Del did not want to burden any of her friends and family and returned to the road. She knew she would have it tough, but she persevered and continued to work at being accepted for who she is and not an illusion.

The beautiful Fleur de Lis trots through Fillydelphia, levitating her umbrella over her head. She and Fancy Pants are out on a recruitment trip for the Trio’s school. She and her partner are exploring the city separately before meeting up for dinner. The model makes her way past a number of shops. She stops after hearing a sound down an alley.

‘Excuse me? Is somepony there?’ Fleur calls, using her magic to illuminate the alleyway.

Del looks up from her lean-to, shivering. Fleur gasps at the sight of the changeling.

‘Are you okay?’ the unicorn asks. ‘Come here and get out of the rain.’

Del nods and gets up. She joins Fleur under the umbrella. The unicorn uses her magic to dry Del’s hair. While Fleur is tending to the changeling, Fancy Pants trots up to the pair.

‘What have we here?’ the stallion asks.

‘She was hiding in the alley here,’ Fleur replies. ‘The poor dear looks half-starved.’

‘I naturally look this way,’ Del replies. Her stomach loudly growls. ‘Not that I am not hungry.’

‘Well, then, we must do something about that,’ Fancy Pants states. ‘Care to join us for dinner?’

Del looks away. ‘Most places don't serve those like me...’

‘I am certain we can find one that will,’ the stallion replies, laughing.

Fancy Pants trots away. Fleur motions for Del to follow. The party makes its way down the street. The few ponies out gawk at the sight of a changeling on the street. Del does her best to ignore the stares. The unicorns enter a fancy restaurant. Del stops outside.

‘Give me a second to change,’ the changeling says.

‘Nonsense,’ Fleur replies. ‘I think you look perfectly fine. Why hide your beautiful face?’

Del blushes. ‘I don’t want to scare anypony.’

‘If anypony is scared, then they just don’t know you well enough.’

‘We just met. You don’t know me.’

‘I know you are cold and hungry, not to mention quite lovely.’ Fleur smiles brightly. ‘What more do I need to know to help somepony out?’

Del blushes again and follows Fleur into the restaurant. Fancy Pants is waiting in the lobby. He smiles at the party and goes to the maitre d’.

‘Table for three,’ the unicorn requests.

The maitre d’ scowls towards Del. ‘Surely, you are joking. We do not serve their kind here.’

Del sighs and turns to leave, but Fleur stops her. Fancy Pants stands at his full height. The tall unicorn glares down at the maitre d’.

‘Sir, do you know who I am?’ Fancy Pants asks. ‘I happen to be a very powerful and influential pony. With but an utterance, I can destroy your establishment’s reputation in an instant. If you will not welcome all visitors to your establishment, then you might as well not welcome us as well. We will just have to find another place to dine. One more welcoming than here.’

Other patrons hear what Fancy Pants said and turn to watch the confrontation. They start murmuring about the threat. Some even start getting up. Fancy Pants slowly turns back to his party, giving the maitre d’ enough time to catch the unicorn.

‘Wait! We, uh, might have room for you after all...’

Fancy Pants smirks and turns back. ‘How wonderful.’

The maitre d’ sighs and leads the party away. Del giggles as she follows her new friends to their table. The changeling smiles kindly at the other patrons. Most smile and return to their meals. At the table, the maitre d’ helps both mares with their chairs, though he gives an upset sigh when setting a menu in front of Del.

‘Thank you,’ Del says to the maitre d’ before he leaves, getting a slight shudder in return. The changeling licks her lips as she scans the menu.

‘I am sorry we don’t have anything that suits your tastes,’ Fleur apologizes.

Del laughs. ‘I have lived with ponies most of my life. Unlike my kin, I am a vegetarian, nor have I ever fed on love.’ She looks over the menu. ‘I do not know which of my favorites to try.’

‘Why not them all?’ Fancy Pants asks. ‘Eat you fill.’ He licks his lips as he looks at the menu. ‘I know I will.’

Fleur sighs. ‘And ruin your diet while you are at it.’

‘When you get off the dessert menu, my dear, you will find a number of healthier options.’

‘I-I was just planning ahead. That is all.’

Del laughs at the ponies and goes back to planning her meal.

Back at Fancy Pants’ and Fleur’s hotel suite, Del is having her mane styled after a warm bath. Fleur hums a happy tune as she tends to the changeling.

‘You really are quite stunning,’ Fleur says. ‘I want to make you a model.’

Del blushes. ‘Um, thank you. Nopony has said that to me before.’

‘Hasn’t there ever been anypony you liked? You must have had a lot of suitors when you were younger.’

‘I’m really not that old. I just grew fast, as all changelings do.’

‘Still doesn’t mean you didn’t have a coltfriend or two when you were younger.’

Del looks down and squeaks nervously.

‘Fleur, you are embarrassing the dear,’ Fancy Pants says from the doorway.

‘I’m sorry. Miss Del is just so lovely. Won’t she make the best model?’

‘It would be all up to her.’

‘Please, Del,’ Fleur begs. ‘You would be perfect.’

‘I don’t know...’

‘You would be making changelings more visible in Equestria. It would be a trailblazer for equality!’

‘Fleur, dear. You are coming on a little strong.’

‘Oh. Sorry, Del.’

‘It is okay...’ Del smiles. ‘I’ll think about it. It would be good to have a somewhat normal life again.’

Fleur giggles and gets up. ‘I’ll have my friend Rarity come up with some designs if you are interested. She is the best fashionista in Equestria.’

‘You know Rarity?’

‘Of course we do,’ the unicorn mare replies. ‘All of us work together for a school in Canterlot.’

‘The one owned by Octavia?’

‘My, my. She knows more than she revealed,’ Fancy Pants laughs.

‘I grew up in Ponyville,’ Del explains. ‘My father was friends with them.’

Fleur laughs. ‘What luck. We’re heading there next. A lot of good prospects come from there. Maybe you might know somepony we could recruit.’

‘Hmm... My sister does own a shop there, and my new brother is the elementary teacher. It would be nice seeing them again.’

‘Well, you are well-connected indeed.’ Fancy Pants goes to the door. ‘We’ll be turning in for the night. Feel free to make yourself at home.’

Del bows. ‘Thank you.’

‘Sleep well, lovely,’ Fleur says before leaving.

‘You, too.’

The unicorns leave Del in her room. The changeling sighs and lays back on her bed. She levitates her pack to her. After some digging, Del gets out a small key. She looks at a closet before putting the key away. She pulls the blankets over herself and curls up.

Del wakes in the middle of the night. The pressure is too much, and she needs to use the washroom. On her way back to her room, she hears noises coming from the other bedroom.

‘Fleur, not now,’ Fancy Pants says. ‘Our new friend might hear.’

‘Oh, hush,’ Fleur sighs. ‘She is sleeping soundly.’

‘I still don’t think we sho...’ He lets out a low moan. ‘Oh, my.’

Del peeks into the room. She contains a gasp and watches for a few more moments before trotting back to her room, embarrassed. The changeling climbs into bed. She lets out a long whine.

‘I never even had a real date... let alone done... that!’

Del sighs again and tries to go back to sleep.

Nurse Redheart moans as she leaves the hospital locker room. She is ready to go home after a long day of work, but she has a stop to make first. The nurse trots to the children’s ward. Several foals are playing together. Redheart smiles as she watches the foals.

‘Pearl, it is time to go home.’

A light red earth pony hops up and goes to Redheart. She hugs him, and they leave together.

‘Did you have a good day?’ Redheart asks.

‘I did, mommy.’

‘Did you stay clean and wash your hooves after playing with any of the sick foals?’

‘Of course, mommy.’

‘That’s my boy.’

The two ponies head back towards town. Redheart yawns. Pearl looks up at his mom.

‘Um, mom, can we..?’

Redheart sighs. ‘It is getting late. We should get home and make dinner.’

‘Pleeeeeeeaaaaaaase!’

‘Fine,’ the mare moans. ‘Just one, okay?’

‘Okay! Thanks!’

Pearl cheers and gallops ahead. Redheart sighs and follows her son. The family trots to the train station. Pearl gallops to the platform. Redheart pulls her son from the edge, and they sit and wait for the train. Soon, a whistle is heard. Pearl jumps up to watch the arriving train. The foal hops around the platform watching the passengers. He is so excited that he accidentally runs into a pony.

‘Sorry, mister,’ Pearl apologizes, rubbing his head.

‘Quite alright. It is always exciting visiting the train station,’ the pony replies.

‘I know! It is great! I try to come whenever I can.’

Redheart trots over. ‘Pearl, are you pestering travellers again?’ She turns to the pony. ‘I am very sorry.’

‘It is fine. He is quite the energetic young lad.’

‘Come on, Pearl. We should be getting home.’

Redheart pulls her son away. Pearl waves goodbye to the pony he ran into.

‘Miss Redheart!’

The nurse turns around in time to get a hug. When she breaks free, she looks into a smiling changeling’s face.

‘Del?’

‘It has been so long. How are you?’ Del asks.

‘I am fine. What are you doing back here?’

‘I’m travelling with my new friends.’

Del looks back towards the train. The pony Pearl ran into is levitating several bags from the train. Fleur steps to the platform.

‘Here are the last bags,’ the model says as she gives them to Fancy Pants.

‘Yes, ma’am,’ the stallion groans as he adds them to the rest of their luggage.

‘Mommy, your friend knows my new friend?’ Pearl asks.

‘Indeed we do,’ Fancy Pants replies, pushing a luggage cart.

Fleur trots over and gasps. ‘Del, you never mentioned having a friend this lovely.’

Redheart blushes. ‘You flatter.’ She bows. ‘We were just heading home for dinner. Del, we have to catch up while you’re here.’

‘We were going to dinner as well,’ Fancy Pants speaks up. ‘Perhaps you would like to join us? Perfect opportunity to catch up.’

‘Please, mommy,’ Pearl begs. ‘We almost never eat out.’

Redheart looks at the other ponies and sighs. ‘Very well. Let’s go.’

At the restaurant, Fancy Pants entertains Pearl with stories while Del and Redheart catch up. Fleur listens in on her friend’s conversation.

‘In addition to growing up, I see you grew your mane out,’ Redheart comments.

‘Well, since nopony tries shaving me bald any more...’

‘I only trimmed your mane that one time. You were making a mess of yourself. Don’t blame me if your father just let you do whatever you want.’

‘I take it there was some spat over Del’s lovely mane,’ Fleur speaks up.

Del was sick with a stomach bug. I had to trim her mane and tail to keep her clean,’ Redheart explains. ‘I am glad she was woozy, or I might have scars from her fangs in my leg.’

Del hisses at the nurse. Fleur giggles. Redheart rolls her eyes at the changeling.

‘What about you?’ Del huffs. ‘You didn’t have a foal last time I checked.’

Redheart looks at her son. ‘Pearl? Yeah. You remember my husband, right?’

Del nods.

‘Well, after you left, we conceived Pearl. Unfortunately, Pascal did not like my work ethic. I kept working all through my pregnancy and wanted to return to work right away. He didn’t want to take care of Pearl all day. I don’t think he really wanted to be a father, either.’ She sighs. ‘I guess it is poetic justice that I have to balance my schedule to take care of him. I have been taking him to the children’s ward to play during my shifts.’

‘You poor dear!’ Fleur gasps.

‘It is really bad when we have staff meetings that last all night. I wish I could show Pascal that I can do my share.’

‘Doesn’t he help at all? It is not fair to leave you alone,’ Del growls.

‘He still sends help and visits on occasion. It’s okay. We get by well enough.’

‘HMPF!’ Fleur snorts. ‘Well, as long as we are here, we will help in any way we can.’

Fancy Pants hears his partner’s vow and rolls his eyes.

‘I can watch Pearl for you tomorrow,’ Del offers. ‘If you don’t mind him coming with me to see my family, of course.’

‘That’s okay, Del. You don’t have...’ Redheart’s mobile buzzes. She checks her messages and sighs. ‘That would be great, Del. Thank you.’

Del looks at Fleur. ‘That way you two can continue looking for recruits.’

Fleur nuzzles Del. ‘You are so caring. The perfect role model for the changelings.’

Del squeaks and blushes. Fleur giggles and nuzzles her again.

Del trots through Ponyville with Pearl Heart on her back. She enters the bazaar and looks around. She smiles when she sees the shop she wants.

‘Hiya, Del!’ Applejack greets as the changeling trots up.

‘Good to see you, Jackie,’ Del replies.

Applejack shudders. ‘How many times have Ah asked ya not t’ call me that?’

Del giggles. ‘Sorry. Just messing with you, Applejack.’

The older mare snorts. ‘Anyway, what brin’s ya back here?’

‘I’m passing through with some new friends. They want to make me a model.’

‘A model? Shoot. That sounds... interestin’...’ She notices Pearl. ‘Well, who do ya have there? Is that Nurse Redheart’s son?’

‘Hello,’ Pearl greets.

‘I’m watching him today,’ Del explains. ‘He’s coming with me while I visit everypony. Is Satsuma around?’

‘He’s at school right now. Ya can catch both yer brothers at once.’

‘Nice. Thanks.’

‘How long are ya in town fer? Ah’d like t’ have ya over if ya have time.’

Del sighs, ‘I think my new friends will be moving on tomorrow. I don’t think I’ll have time.’

‘That’s too bad. Ya know yer always welcome t’ stay if ya have a chance. At least give me a heads up befer ya leave so Ah can see ya off.’

‘Right. I’ll keep that in mind.’ Del bows and turns to leave. ‘See you around, Applejack.’

Applejack waves. ‘Don’ be a stranger!’

Del waves over her shoulder. Pearl waves as he rides Del away.

‘You? A model? Really?’ Diamond Tiara scoffs as she sits behind the counter of Neighponese Imports, working on her tablet.

‘What is wrong with her being a model!’ Scootaloo argues. ‘She’s pretty enough.’

Del blushes. ‘Thanks, Scootaloo.’

‘Yes, she is,’ Diamond counters, ‘but I don’t think that is the real reason.’

‘Oh, really?’ Scootaloo groans.

‘Think about it. If they really work for the school Sweetie Belle goes to and she is really some weird ninja assassin like you claim, then why not want a changeling?’

‘What do you mean?’ Del asks.

Diamond sighs. ‘You can become anypony. You can slip through security in a snap to get to your target. Having a changeling model would be great, but I think they have another use for you.’

‘I have been captured by changelings before,’ Scootaloo huffs. ‘I know how mean they can be. Del would never hurt a fly.’

‘Actually, I had to dispatch rogue changelings that were trying to harm my little brother.’ Del looks disgusted. ‘Though I had sampled my sister’s blood when she adopted me, this last time was not as pleasant.’

Scootaloo stares at her friend in shock.

‘Told you,’ Diamond sings.

Rei trots up to the counter followed by Pearl. She looks upset. ‘Del, your foal is being mean to me. He doesn’t think that Pocky is healthy.’

‘But it has the healthy, running pony on the box,’ Scootaloo argues. ‘Did you show him that?’

‘Yeah, but he claims that his mom says it is bad for you.’

Del groans. ‘I ate my weight in candy when I was his size and I turned out fine.’

‘You also went to Colgate once a month,’ the older sister jabs.

‘That is because I cared about my dental hygiene, big sister.’ She smiles, revealing her fangs. ‘My teeth are more sensitive than you would think.’

‘My mommy says that Rei has to be forced to get checkups,’ Pearl blurts out.

‘Lies! Lies and slander!’

‘I think I hear her yelling when I am playing with the sick foals.’

Rei growls and shoves a Pocky stick in the foal's mouth. Scootaloo laughs.

‘Oh, please,’ Diamond groans. ‘Like you are any better.’

‘Ya know I don’t need to go to the hospital for nothin’!’

‘Ugh. Am I the only mare here that looks after her perfect figure and gets regular checkups?’

‘Shouldn’t you be looking for somepony to share your new place with?’ Scootaloo snorts.

‘Well, I wouldn’t have to if you and your coltfriend made more money.’

‘And you would make more money if you didn’t have to spend it all on cleaning supplies every month,’ Rei adds.

‘And if you cleaned up more often, I would stay over more often,’ Diamond finishes. ‘See how this works?’

Scootaloo grumbles and goes to the back offices. She can be heard stomping up to her apartment.

Diamond looks up from her tablet. ‘Do you think it was something we said?’

Del stands in front of a small crowd, a nervous grin on her face. Dozens of eyes stare at the changeling. Pearl sits happily on the floor and draws.

Starlight motions toward Del. ‘Class, this is my big sister Del. She is also Satsuma’s big sister. What brings you here, Del?’

‘Uh, I was just wanting to see you while I was in town.’

‘Awesome! Now, you’re our special guest!’ He turns to the class. ‘Unlike me, Del actually was a student here. She learned from Cheerilee before any of you did.’

The class ‘ohs’ at the information. Satsuma hits his head on his desk.

‘So, who has a question for Del?’ Starlight asks.

‘Is it true you once ate the entire stock of our store?’ Pound Cake asks.

Del licks her lips. ‘That was my first day in Ponyville... and each of my birthdays.’ She licks her lips again. ‘It is almost my birthday again.’

‘Ugh,’ Razzly grunts. ‘My daddy is a better baker than them. No offence.’

‘You can actually help at our store rather than just commenting on it,’ Pumpkin groans.

‘Ah, sis, it is okay,’ Pound defends. ‘We know Stormy is better. That’s why mom and dad hire him when they can.’

Pumpkin snorts and punches her brother in the foreleg. Pound hits her back. Before Pumpkin can strike again, Starlight teleports them out of the room.

Del stares at the ceiling and drools. ‘Stormy would make me tarts whenever I wanted...’

‘If you are in town this weekend, I could make you some,’ Razzly offers. ‘That is, unless we have homework tonight, hint, hint.’

‘I hear ya,’ Starlight sighs. ‘No homework tonight...’ -- the class cheers -- ‘except for Razzly who has to make enough tarts for both the class and Del.’

‘What! The Clever and Spectacular Razzle Dazzle does not like that assignment!’

‘As long as Razzleberry Souffle does her assignment, then Razzle Dazzle can be as upset as she wants.’

Razzly snorts and turns away, flipping her mane as she does.

Starlight rolls his eyes. ‘Any other questions for my sister?’

A spring green pegasus raises her hoof. ‘What do you do for a living?’

Del kicks the ground a bit. ‘Well, I am a bit of a traveller...’

‘Doesn’t that get lonely?’ Summer Rain follows up.

‘Well, uh, I met some nice ponies who want to make me a model.’

‘Does that mean you will be be able to visit more often?’ Satsuma asks.

‘I guess... I don’t know...’

‘I think what he is trying to say is that we want to see you more often than when you are just passing through or after I save the world,’ Starlight says.

‘Well, uh...’

A book hits Starlight in the head.

‘You showed up after dad saved the day!’ Satsuma shouts. ‘You didn’t do anything.’

‘It was my mom’s magic and our dad’s technology that saved the day. I am half him and half her, so I saved the day.’

Satsuma turns to his step-sister. ‘Del, come on. You were there. He just showed up and started kissing my aunt.’

‘And only heroes get kisses, therefore I was the hero,’ Starlight argues.

‘I’m telling my mom on you!’

‘I’m telling dad!’

Del bonks Starlight on the head. She trots over and bonks Satsuma. ‘Geez! You two behave like.... Shut up.’

‘Brothers?’ Satsuma guesses.

‘I was going to say that!’ Starlight whines.

Del hits both her brothers again. The class giggles at them.

‘Knock it off, or I’m telling dad on both of you!’

‘I’m sorry,’ the brothers reply.

Del snorts and calmly turns back to the class. ‘Sorry about that. Are there any more questions? Or do you want to learn about changelings?’

The class murmurs before a dark pink earth pony raises her hoof. Del smiles and lets Sakura Sweets ask away.

Redheart returns to her home in the middle of the night. The tired mare drags herself through her living room to the dining room. A meal has been left out for her. She sighs and sits down to eat. Del comes out of the kitchen with a drink.

‘Oh, you’re back,’ Del notices. ‘Sorry we didn’t save you much. We didn’t have much to work with, either.’

‘It is all right,’ Redheart sighs. ‘This is pretty good.’

‘Thank you.’

Redheart stops eating and stares at her plate. She starts crying. ‘Thank you, Del. Thank you for helping out today.’

‘Are you okay?’

‘It has been hard raising Pearl on my own. I am so busy with him and work. I haven’t been out with my friends in forever. Then nights like tonight with meetings all night...’

Del hugs the upset mare. ‘Shh. It is okay.’ She starts charging a spell on her horn. ‘Everything will be fine.’

‘What are you doing?’

‘Changelings are beings of emotion. Most ponies only know of the desire to eat love, but they don’t know we work with other emotions. When I lived with my sister and her hive, I learned how we could make ponies feel better. We take away fear and hate and worry.’ She sighs. ‘Sure, that is all for the purpose of eventually draining their love, but I want to use what I learned to help ponies. Now, relax.’

‘Th-that’s all right, Del. I am fine.’

‘You took care of me when I was small. Please let me return the favor.’

Del touches her horn to Redheart’s head. A green glow surrounds the earth pony. She takes a deep breath and falls asleep. Del smiles and lifts Redheart to her back, taking the mare to her bed.

The next morning, Del trots through Ponyville with Pearl Heart on her back. The young colt squeals and hops down when he sees where they are going. He gallops up to the train station platform. Del trots up calmly behind the excited colt. She finds him chatting with Fancy Pants. Fleur trots over to the changeling.

‘So wonderful to see you again!’ Fleur greets.

‘Sorry if I am late,’ Del apologizes.

‘Perfectly on time. Did you have a good visit?’

‘Yes.... I sorta wanted to talk to you about that...’

Fleur smiles. ‘You want to stay, don’t you?’

Del nods. ‘Sorry. Being a model sounds nice, but I want to be with my friends and family more.’

The unicorn laughs. ‘That is fine. We figured something like that would happen. Come with us.’

Fleur trots away. Fancy Pants lifts Pearl and follows. Del catches up to the unicorn mare.

‘Where are we going?’

‘You’ll see,’ Fleur giggles.

The unicorns lead Del through the town to a photo studio. The photographer is set up for a shoot.

‘You can always do your modelling here,’ Fleur explains. ‘There is no reason we can’t come to you.’

‘But, what about...?’

Fancy Pants puts a hoof on his friend’s back. ‘Don’t worry about it, Del. There are more important things in life.’ He sets Pearl on the ground. ‘Like this little guy. I assume you are watching him for his mother.’

Del kicks the ground. ‘It isn’t good for him to have to be with the sick foals all day, and she needs the help, and...’

Fleur shakes her head. ‘Darling, you are overthinking everything. You just have to be your lovely self.’ She goes across the studio. ‘Come on. Let’s take some test shots. If they turn out fine and you like it, then we can plan to come take more in the future. How does that sound?’

Del looks at the unicorns smiling at her. She looks at Pearl, who is playing with the photographer’s camera. She back to at her friends and smiles.

Pinkie is throwing a ‘Welcome Back Del’ party at Sugar Cube Corner. All of Del’s friends and family are on hoof. Cup Cake goes to the back to get more treats.

‘It is so great having Del back,’ Rei squeals.

‘First I get a little brother, now my other big sister is back,’ Starlight and Satsuma say in unison.

Applejack and Apple Bloom facehoof.

‘Del, what are you going to be doing now that you’re back?’ Scootaloo asks.

There is no answer. Cup Cake trots into the room.

‘Mrs Cake, have you seen Del?’ Scootaloo asks.

‘Wait, didn’t ya jus go t get more snacks?’ Applejack asks.

‘I did what now?’ Cup Cake replies.

Pinkie goes around the counter and opens the door to the back. Del is stuffing everything in sight into her mouth. She stops and looks at everypony. She smiles, cake coating her fangs. Everypony sighs and leaves the changeling to her snack.

Author's Note:

Del Timeline: Her return to Ponyville. She begins modeling part-time. She starts helping out Nurse Redheart at home.

Story Event: Hmm... This is very similar to a bedtime story told in TWP.

Fun Fact: Pearl Heart's love of watching trains is based on me. When I was younger, I would love watching planes in the airport. I know my mom would rather go home and do other stuff, but she was great for taking me to them and letting me watch a plane or two. Those were great times. Thanks, mom ^_^

PreviousChapters Next