• Published 30th Jun 2013
  • 1,338 Views, 263 Comments

Starlight Chronicles - WanderingPhysicist



Join Starlight Sparkle, Satsuma Apple and their friends and family, including Apple Bloom, the Cake twins, Razzly Lulamoon and many moremore, as they live, learn and love in Ponyville. Sequel to The Wandering Physicist Adventures

  • ...
12
 263
 1,338

PreviousChapters Next
Diamond in a Rough Spot

Characters (Human): Scootaloo, Diamond Tiara, Starlight, Rei, Razzly
Characters (Pony): Featherweight
Original Start Date: October 3, 2012


Scootaloo parks her motorcycle behind the store and takes off her helmet. She lets the breeze blow her hair all over her face. Nothing beats an evening ride to help relax after a long day. She does not really care if she scared half the city as she sped through the streets, just as long as she gets some speed and blows off some steam.

Speaking of blowing off steam, Scootaloo starts unzipping her bodysuit before she enters her home, letting the night air cool her exposed skin. She slowly starts slipping out of her skin-tight leathers as she heads upstairs to her apartment. She steps out of the bodysuit soon after entering her apartment. In just her panties, Scootaloo finds her phone and checks it for messages. She groans at her empty voicemail and goes to take a shower.

Later, Scootaloo relaxes on her couch while watching television. She is only wearing a towel over her shoulders, which makes for a very difficult and awkward time when the pizza boy comes by with her dinner. Almost exposing herself to a stranger aside, Scootaloo’s boredom is catching up with her. She sighs, picks up her mobile and dials a number.

‘Hey, Featherweight. You free to hangout? … Oh. Okay. Well, I look forward to reading your article when it comes out.’ Scootaloo groans and hangs up her call. She dials another number. ‘Hey, Diamond. Are you..? … Well, sorry for wanting to do something with a friend! You can always do that here!’ The young woman growls as she hangs up. She takes a deep breath and makes one more call. ‘AB, are you free? Wanna come over? … Oh, well, if you are really tired, then it is... Uh, hey, Starlight. Uh, sure. You can hangout instead. Just give me a bit to clean up. … What do you mean "di..."?’

The call ends. Scootaloo stares at her mobile for a moment before sighing and getting up to clean her apartment and get dressed.

Scootaloo and Starlight sit on her couch playing a video game. Both lean forward as they glare at the screen intensely. Victory music plays, and Scootaloo leans back and shouts.

‘Damn it! It is like playing against your dad. You’re too good.’

‘Good? I can barely win against my mom half the time,’ the young man laughs. ‘Thanks for the compliment.’

Scootaloo sighs and takes a drink of a soda. ‘So, wanna go again?’

Starlight gets up and stretches. ‘Nah. It is getting late. I should get some rest before class tomorrow.’

Scootaloo escorts her guest to the door. ‘Fine. It was great having you over.’

‘Anytime. I like hanging out with friends.’

‘Hey. When I called, was AB worn out from..?’

Starlight smiles and winks. ‘Yep.’

Scootaloo blushes. Starlight laughs and pats his friend on the shoulder as he walks out the door.

The next day, Scootaloo slumps on the counter at work as she watches the store. Beside her, Diamond Tiara leans against the counter and types on a tablet.

‘Sorry I couldn’t make it last night. I was watching some trades very carefully and couldn’t be distracted,’ the business-savvy woman says while scanning the latest market reports.

‘Whatevs,’ Scootaloo grumbles. ‘Not like you ever come over anyway.’

‘Well, I might if you clean up more. That pay-by-the-hour motel you wanted to go to in Japan last year probably was the only place dirtier than your apartment. How Daring puts up with you...’

‘Hey! One, Daring and I get along fine. Two, maybe I’d clean more if you came by more. And three, those places have to be very clean given what they are used for.’

‘Please!’ Diamond Tiara rolls her eyes. ‘I probably would have gotten a STI just by looking at the bed.’

Scootaloo growls and stands up. She pulls her shirt off and shoves it in the other woman’s face. ‘Here! This is the shirt I was wearing that night when it was you who were in the mood! It is perfectly clean!’

Diamond Tiara shuts down her tablet, turns to her friend and sighs. ‘When you are done embarrassing yourself, I’ll be in the market at lunch. Don’t be too long.’

The young woman tosses her hair over her shoulder and marches out the door. Scootaloo throws her shirt down and growls. She looks around the store at everyone staring at her.

‘What are you looking at, pervs!’

The upset woman snorts loudly and storms out of the shop, slamming the door leading to her apartment. Rei quickly runs after her friend, taking a moment to stop at the counter.

‘We’re sorry for this,’ Rei tells the customers. ‘Um, we’ll be closed until I get back. Please don't steal. I know where you live.’

Rei locks the door between the shop and the backrooms. She jogs up the stairs after her friend. In her apartment, Scootaloo is angrily throwing garbage into a garbage bag.

‘You know, you don’t always have to use an argument as an excuse to clean up,’ Rei sighs.

‘I really don’t want to hear it right now!’ Scootaloo shouts back.

‘Good. Then take the rest of the day off and spend it with your girlfriend.’

‘Huh?’

Rei pulls a wad of money from her pockets. She counts off several bills. ‘Take a shower to clean up, put on something nice and go to lunch with your girlfriend.’

‘What?’

‘She said she would be in the market at lunch.’

‘Yeah! And she also said I was an embarrassment!’

Rei sighs. ‘That is not what she said. And if you were really listening, she was telling you to come to lunch with her.’

‘Wait, what?’

‘Now, take a shower, get pretty, and go to lunch with her. I gave you enough, so you’re paying.’

‘Wait a minute. What?’

Rei groans and pulls out a few more bills. ‘And if you are up to it afterwards, you are the one paying for the hotel room, too.’

‘Hold on a second. What are you saying?’

‘GEEZ! How the hell did you get so good with computers if you are so thick! Diamond Tiara wants to go to lunch with you! She was not mad at all, you idiot! Now get pretty and knock her socks off!’

Scootaloo stares at Rei. She looks down at the money in her hand then the gears finally turn.

‘Oh!’

Scootaloo runs to the shower. Rei groans and goes back down to the shop, taking the bag of garbage with her.

Later that night, Scootaloo lays in bed and stares at the ceiling. Beside her, Diamond Tiara works away on her tablet. Scootaloo lets out a sigh.

‘How come we always get a hotel room? Why don’t we ever go back to your place?’ Scootaloo asks. ‘I mean, you should have room in your mansion.’

‘We can’t,’ Diamond Tiara groans. ‘I’m too old to be having sleepovers with my friends anymore, and daddy will get suspicious if you keep coming over.’ She cuddles up to her friend. ‘We’re just lucky he saw you kissing Featherweight that one time. If he doesn’t think that you’re bi, then he won’t find out that I am, too.’

Diamond Tiara kisses Scootaloo on the cheek.

‘Well, if your dad’s place is out and my place is a dump, why don’t you get your own place? You are a genius at that financial stuff. You could afford it.’

‘Maybe.... but I don’t have enough for a down payment. I would have to sell some of my best stocks. If we wait a few years, I’ll be old enough to get my trust and then I’ll get us a great place for all three of us to live in.’

‘Three of us?’

‘Well, I am open to the idea of sharing you with Featherweight. He would have to pay his share of the rent, though.’

‘What if you had a boyfriend by then?’

‘Ugh. There aren’t any good men in this town that aren’t taken.’

‘What if you are living somewhere else?’

Diamond Tiara turns Scootaloo’s head to face hers and gives her a big kiss. ‘Then I wouldn’t be near you, sweetie.’ The two lovers smile at each other. ‘So, are you ready for round four?’

Scootaloo's smile grows. She laughs as she slips under the covers. Diamond Tiara puts her tablet away right before letting out a big squeal.

Scootaloo sleeps at the counter at work the next day. She and Diamond Tiara were up all night fooling around. Neither of them got much sleep. A box of Pocky pokes the sleeping clerk in the nose. The box pokes again. Scootaloo snorts and wakes up. She looks over the counter. A short young girl with long deep purple and silver hair is holding several boxes of Pocky.

‘Are you okay, miss?’ Razzly asks.

Scootaloo yawns. ‘I’m fine. Is that all?’

Razzly nods and puts the boxes on the counter. Scootaloo starts scanning their UPCs. Suddenly, the door bursts open, and Diamond Tiara rushes in clutching her tablet. She runs around the counter and buries her face in Scootaloo’s chest.

‘Scootaloo! You have to help me!’ the distraught woman sobs. ‘Daddy found out that we were out together last night and what we did and we just had a big fight. I don’t know what to do! I didn’t know where else to go!’

‘Uh...’ Scootaloo looks down at Razzly. ‘Hey, do you mind waiting a moment?’

‘I guess so...’

‘Thanks.’

Scootaloo comforts her friend and leads her to the back. Razzly sighs and shrugs. She goes around the counter, finishes ringing up her purchase, puts her money in the register and sits at the counter eating her snack. Rei walks past reading a comic.

‘Hey, Scoots. You get shorter?’

Scootaloo has comforted Diamond Tiara enough to calm her down. They are laying on Scootaloo’s bed while she holds the crying woman and strokes her hair.

‘I’m sorry for bothering you like this,’ Diamond Tiara sobs. ‘I didn’t know where to turn. I am scared that daddy is mad and hates me.’

‘It is fine. We did nothing wrong. We can’t help who we fall in love with. You shouldn’t worry so much.’

‘I know... but I was brought up so...’

‘Yeah... My dad was the same way. At least yours never beat you.’

Diamond Tiara hugs tighter. ‘I forgot how rough you had it.’ She buries her face in her friend’s chest again and sobs, ‘I am so sorry.’

‘Don’t worry. You’re safe now.’ Scootaloo takes a deep breath. ‘Do you want to talk about it?’

Diamond Tiara whimpers and holds tight. They hear someone enter the apartment.

‘Dear sweet baby Celestia. This place looks like a landfill exploded,’ a calm and smooth male voice comments.

Scootaloo growls. Diamond Tiara giggles. The host gets up and looks out of her bedroom. A well-dressed man with slicked-back hair is casually looking around, occasionally dropping garbage in the nearest bin he can find. Diamond Tiara peeks out, squeaks and hides behind her girlfriend.

‘What do you want, Filthy?’ Scootaloo snorts.

‘I prefer “Mr Rich”,’ Filthy Rich replies. ‘I would like a word with my daughter if that is not too much to ask.’

‘She can hear whatever you have to say just fine.’

Mr Rich groans. ‘If that is the case... First, I would hope this is not the place where she spent last night. I’d ask for some penicillin, but I think I just threw out most of your stock.’

Diamond Tiara giggles.

We spent the night somewhere much better,’ Scootaloo snorts back.

‘Good. Also good hearing you were who she spent the night with. I would hate my daughter to end up with someone I didn’t approve of.’

‘Wait, what?’

Mr Rich taps his chin. ‘Now, if I remember correctly, your employer is the one who owns this building, so renting that other room is probably out of the question...’

Diamond Tiara peeks out. ‘Daddy?’

‘So I guess I’ll just have to give you this.’

Mr Rich walks over to the women. They take a step back when he extends a hand. A key sits in his palm.

‘The money you save on hotels can be spent on a maid. … I highly recommend spending it on a maid.’

‘What is this?’ Scootaloo asks.

‘If I am doing my maths right, you have been seeing my daughter for about ten years now. That is a key to our backdoor. Just park your bike by the kitchen and come in that way. It is the quickest way to her room.’

‘You’re not mad that I am seeing Scootaloo, daddy?’ Diamond Tiara asks.

‘Heavens no! I was upset that you stayed out all night without so much as an email.’ Mr Rich pokes his daughter’s tablet. ‘You have that thing with you everywhere you go.’

‘I’m sorry...’

‘And if you ever want to get your own place together, I am willing to help cover my daughter’s part until she can afford her own way.’

‘Actually, daddy...’ Diamond Tiara holds her tablet out. Her stock market program is running. ‘I made ten thousand last month and have a net worth of over fifty thousand after taxes. I plan to have that doubled by the end of the quarter.’

Scootaloo is shocked. ‘You are worth that much, and you can’t afford a down payment on an apartment!’

Diamond Tiara scoffs. ‘I was talking about a starter home, like the former Carousel Boutique. You know, something small like that.’

Scootaloo groans and goes back into her room. She falls back on her bed.

‘I think having a place like this would be good for you,’ Mr Rich comments.

‘But da~~~d!’

‘We can always move their stuff out of the study!’ Rei shouts, popping her head into the apartment.

‘That is all right,’ Mr Rich laughs. ‘I think we can find something good on our own.’ The man turns to leave. ‘Diamond Tiara. We have some stuff to talk about. The least of which is telling me how you made that much money.’

Diamond Tiara sighs. ‘Well, I am perfect.’ She hops back into Scootaloo’s room. ‘Thanks, even if I was freaking out over nothing.’ She kisses her girlfriend. ‘I’ll call you later.’

Diamond Tiara follows her father from the apartment. They both nod toward Rei as they pass. The older woman smiles at the guests before popping back in the apartment.

‘Break’s almost over unless you want me to pay Razzleberry instead.’

Scootaloo groans and gets up. She walks past a giggling Rei as they head back to work.

Scootaloo is up late gaming again. She has a headset on to talk with her friends.

‘So, Mr Rich is going to help Diamond buy Carousel Boutique until Diamond can afford the place on her own. She’s going to have to make it a stock consulting business or something.’

`Pfft. Stock market. That is like picking pennies up off the street,` Starlight snorts.

`Yeah. That’s ‘cause yer a cheater,` Apple Bloom shoots back.

`I thought you weren’t allowed to time travel,` Rei asks.

`If I take you, promise not to tell dad?` A player gets eliminated. `Come on!`

`Tsk. Tsk. Trying to bribe our sister. Some little brother you are,` Satsuma scolds.

`That’s a week of detention.`

`I’m telling m...` Another player is eliminated. `The frak!`

`Play nice, little brothers,` Rei groans.

`Yes, ma’am,` the two brothers mumble.

Scootaloo laughs. She taps her headset. ‘Hey, Featherweight. You got anything to say?’


Featherweight looks up from a keyboard. ‘What? Huh?’

His avatar has been eliminated from the game for quite some time. The pegasus sighs and saves the document he was working on.

‘Sorry. I was really focused on my latest article.’

`Geez. The way you fade in and out like that, it is like you are Spiderpony.’

Featherweight sighs and press a key on his keyboard. A new story is posted on a human fan fiction website. It is instantly favorited by the user Harpflank. The young stallion opens the actual article he should be working on.

‘You have no idea, Scoots. No idea...’

Author's Note:

Story Timeline: Diamond Tiara's and Scootaloo's relationship is discovered by Filthy Rich. Diamond starts working as an investment consultant.

Story Event: Like Lyra in TWP, Featherweight reports on Ponyville via humanized fan fiction. Unlike TWP, humanized stories will be rare. If you didn't not like this style of chapter, it is one of very few.

PreviousChapters Next