• Published 30th Jan 2016
  • 4,607 Views, 146 Comments

Syera: The Equestrian Saiyan - SolidSparkle117



Syera, one of the last Saiyans sent to Equestria and her Destiny lies ahead with Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Applejack and most importantly Princess Celestia, Princess Luna Shining Armor and Princess Cadence

  • ...
19
 146
 4,607

PreviousChapters
Chapter 29: A Dragon's Quest, Spike Finds His Path of Destiny!

Last Time on Syera: The Equestrian Saiyan.

She and her friends played a part in one of the biggest plays of the winter season in Equestria, the tale of how Equestria itself was founded, by the guidance of an ancient traveler who founded the land from a race before the Pony Folk became what they are today.

The Hearth's Warming tale was sung by the seven element bearers and their words were heard for those to remember the past so that the future could be a better place as the present continues forward.

Now as Winter Wrapped up for the time. What awaits Syera, Twilight Sparkle and their friends?

Find out, Now!

Cue Intro Music: A Dragon's Quest, Spike finds his path of Destiny.

It was a special day in Equestria as it was the time of the great Dragon Migration, where the dragons move to other lands to find crops of gems and jewels as well as raising their young and finding their path as a dragon.

But for today, it was just an entertainment sky show for the ponyfolk across the Equestria Borders. This particular day showcased Ponyville with Syera, Twilight Sparkle along with their friends Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Applejack as well as Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy, or so they thought about Fluttershy.

"Fluttershy! Come on, this is a once in a lifetime thing to see! The Great Dragon Migration, I'd like to say we couldn't have picked a better day to be alive and well." Syera told pleaded to Fluttershy as she tried with her might along with Rainbow Dash to drag her out of her Cottage.

"There's nothing fun about dragons! Scary, yes! Fun, no!" Fluttershy pleaded outward.

"But Fluttershy, the great dragon migration happens only once in a generation, just like Syera said! Do you really wanna pass up a chance like that?" Twilight told her as she put emphasis on what her saiyan sister told.

"Now when you put it that way… Yes!" Fluttershy told still resisting even the strength of Syera and Rainbow Dash combined, fear is an intense factor of strength.

"Look, Fluttershy, I as well Syera watched that boring butterfly migration with you, so now it's your turn to watch the dragon migration with me as well as the others who are going!" Rainbow Dash told which made Syera very angry as she remembered it herself.

"Yeah! It was so boring I nearly fell asleep each time I tried to enjoy it but hey we endured it for you. It's time to return the favor! You. owe. Us!" Syera told angryily.

"I… SAID…. NO!" Fluttershy headbutted Syera in the nose as the saiyan stumbled back and held her face.

"Agh!" Syera held her nose, which was actually bleeding a little bit. Rainbow Dash however got a bad front of it too as she was tumbled down and stomped in the gut, having a lot of saliva get coughed up from when she did so, running to the window. Instead of jumping through it, she gracefully opened it and jumped out running off.

"Why that… Damn Shy Pony and her enormous stubborn strength and fear. I won't forget that…" Syera got up and held her nose, it was Bent a little and she popped it back in place with a few cracks.

"ooo… Syera you okay? That sounded worse than the headbutt she gave you… " Twilight asked worriedly as she checked on Rainbow Dash.

"Yeah… just got blood everywhere on my face, but not the worst thing I've ever experienced." Syera told as her glove was stained with her blood and she pulled out a handkerchief, blew her nose of the blood and disposed of it as she burned it with her ki energy. "Oww…" She said lightly as it hurt to get the rest of the blood out, but she felt light headed, nothing a Magic Bean could fix as she chewed on one, swallowed and healed up. She gave Rainbow Dash one as she had gotten up slowly and Shook her head.

"Ugh… It would seem she is off the hook this time… But yeah, let's not forget that she does owe us big time." Rainbow Dash told as they now convened together near the outskirts where a trench was made from the hard work of Syera, Applejack and Rainbow Dash.

Now that it was finished, stairs and everything and it was about four feet deep. Still a bit small for Syera's tall six foot stature but it worked easier when she crouched down and kneeled in the trench.

The gang of ponies and Saiyan waited, it was very silent for some time. Like the calm just before a storm. Only this storm would spawn a sea of dragons and potentially fire.

"Ya'll see anything yet?" Applejack asked as they each held a pair of binoculars, aimed at the sky.

"No… Not yet… Not a single dragon." Syera told softly as they kept quiet so nothing, not even a dragon would notice them.

"Me neither… " Twilight and Rainbow Dash told softly as well.

"Me Neither!" Pinkie Pie told as well, she was holding the binoculars she had in her hooves backwards, so it was hysterically obvious she couldn't see much.

"Shoot, do you think we missed them by chance?" Rainbow asked.

"Not a chance, I would have sensed them coming from a long ways away, they haven't arrived over this part of Equestria. I'm sure of it." Syera told as she looked over the skies as she could indeed sense the dragons, they were getting closer and closer by the minute, only way to know for sure was a visual cue.

"I'm with Syera, if anything I believe were just early, and the earlier the better. This way we can watch every moment of this migration without bringing any unwanted attention to ourselves." Twilight spoke in a normal tone, however she spoke too soon as Rarity joined them with a bit of an overzealous entrance.

"Yoo-hoo!" She had shouted with a red carpet and a bunch of confetti. Which made Syera chuckle as she looked back at Twilight.

"So much for keeping any unwanted attention to ourselves." Syera whispered to her sister with a smirk as they all looked at Rarity who approached on the red carpet towards the trench.

"Well? What do you think? Am I the toast of the trench or what?" Rarity asked as she made her grand entrance, however Twilight cut it short as she made the confetti and red carpet disappear with her magic.

"You'll be toast alright, when the dragons see you parading around in that getup." Applejack remarked with a chuckle along with Rainbow Dash and Syera.

"You look very nice, Rarity, but could you maybe look nice down here in the trench with us?" Twilight told as she welcomed Rarity in the trench with the others.

"Nice is an understatement. I look fabulous! Who says camouflage has to be drab?" Rarity told in which Syera gasped as she looked up with Pinkie Pie.

"Rarity, your comment on Drab Camouflage can wait! Yeah! Haha!" Syera cheered as the dragons flew overhead as Pinkie gave the announcement.

"Ahoy, maties! Dragons ho!" Pinkie shouted in a hushed manor as Syera did as well and now the show began, the Dragon Migration made their way to Ponyville.

Over the past few hours the crew of friends watched as dragon after dragon went over Ponyville.

"There's so many- I think they broke the Bekenstallion Limit of how many types there are that were theorized." Syera commented wholeheartedly as they watched in awe.

"Ooo…. Ahhhh!" All of them cheered minus Rainbow Dash as she played it off.

"Pfft… pretty lame moves, I can do better than that. Seriously, is that all they got?" Rainbow Dash spoke as she taunted them. However when one of the dragons got into a scuffle with another, one of them shot a big fire bolt downwards.

"Incoming!" Syera told as she and the others braced for impact. A fiery explosion rang in front of them. It singed a little bit of Rainbow Dash's face and wings in soot and a bit of fire.

"What do ya think of that 'move', Rainbow Dash?" Syera asked, chuckling alongside Applejack.

"Still think them there dragons are lame?" Applejack added on in which Rainbow changed her tone and perspective on the Dragons.

"Uh, not so much. The word 'fierce' comes to mind though." Rainbow Dash

"Don't forget 'formidable'." Rarity added onto that.

"And Super-duper Scary!" Pinkie finished it all off.

"Shoot, I'd sure like to tussle with a Dragon to see if my strength can match or even rival such power." Syera told as she was eager to do so. Shaking in her boots in excitement after all.

"Yeah! I'd love to see that one Syera. Us dragons are definitely a force to be reckoned with, I'm sure you can take one of us on for sure!" Spike arrived on the scene with a cart of snacks and treats, as well as water and juices. Of course his apron that he wore kind of made his state a bit laugh worthy.

"Yeah, right, Spike. That's one of the scariest aprons I've ever seen!" Rainbow Dash chuckled as well as Pinkie Pie and Applejack.

"What's wrong with wearing an apron? You won't be laughing when you spill blueberries all over your scales— feathers. That's one tough stain!" Spike told defending himself as he wore his apron with pride and passion for clean work with kitchen ensembles.

"One tough stain against one lame dragon." Rainbow Dash continued to make fun of Spike, however when Syera heard the word lame, she had a very bad flashback and it triggered a bit of anger.

Syera's Flashback

"Yeah, you're a dirty stain you lame monkey!" A bully told Syera who was young and beaten up by the three fillies who were rude to her specifically since she was different from other ponies but was accepted in society by Celestia's blessing as she was made public in her school as a Student.

"No… That's ENOUGH!" Syera screamed as she nearly snapped but held herself back.

Back to the present day

Syera had shouted the same thing as she raised her ki level by a large margin up to being a False start to her Super Saiyan state as the ground shook and the air cracked a bit, the Dragons taking notice as they flew by. Some who weren't too aware of the sudden tangent sorta fought each other in the sky

"Whoa calm down Syera, I was only joking with him-" Before Rainbow Dash said anything else, Syera had grunted with her teeth gritted as a small shockwave of energy pulsed out of her, forcing the blue Pegasus to tumble back into the trench wall. However Syera snapped back to her senses with a gasp

"Rainbow Dash I… I’m sorry, I dont know what came over me..” She held her head as she fell to her knees as such power came out in such a violent nature. Twilight came to her sister’s side with a lot of worry of why it happened. Syera held a hand out and panted a little as she had transformed back.

“What was that about dear?” Rarity asked

“Yeah, you just snapped, was it something we said?” Pinkie asked, very concerned for her friend.

“It’s what Rainbow Dash said to Spike about being lame… I had a bad flashback to where I hurt somepony awhile back as a kid growing up in Canterlot, first they were bullying Twilight before they targeted me, it was their last mistake to do. They called me a freak, a monkey that should be locked in a cage.. And that same bit of anger came out in that power surge and directed itself at you Rainbow Dash…” Syera told crying a little bit, tears coming down her cheeks

Before Syera got to apologize further she was told by Rainbow Dash "No no… I deserved that… And I'm sorry Syera, and to you more importantly Spike. I see where you're coming from, as Fluttershy was bullied in a similar way all the way back when we were in junior Flight School. And I stood up for her, but honestly I'm glad Spike isn't like the rest of these Dragons for sure." Rainbow Dash got up with a smirk and brushed herself off. Even coming over and hugging Syera, as well as wiping away her tears away with a her left wing. “And I sure as hell would not want you to be any different than who you are now!” She told with confidence

"Oh, not even close, and I wouldn’t want you any different either you adorable Saiyan!" Pinkie Pie told softly with a smile towards Spike and Syera, soon after she snack’d on a cookie.


"My little Spikey-wikey is perfect the way he is." Rarity told smiling as hugged Spike with love and care. “And you changing who you are Syera, darling, you are absolutely the kindest soul I think all of us know but so strong and brave, you’d give yourself up before your friends and family. Never change your mindset dear, but indeed grow as a person” Rarity added on

"Hm…" Syera softly breathed out as she was still a bit upset of what happened, and now she regrets letting her power slip out of her control in such a way. However Twilight pulled the Saiyan into a small hug as she knew her sister was hurt deep down. Syera hugged back softly as the others looked at them.

"Oh… Syera dear are you alright?" Rarity asked softly as the others came over huddled close to the Saiyan.

"No… I'm not, I feel like ripping something apart since I feel so angry! Makes me wonder sometimes why I was born a Saiyan and not I don't know… A pony like the rest of you." Syera said softly in an angry tone as she punched the ground, cracking it with ease.

"Same reason I was born as a Dragon I guess." Spike told softly. "We were all put on this world for a reason, Syera, that's all I know for sure. I just wish I knew who I was… As I know, you're a saiyan, your destiny and all I am intertwined with it. But I want to find my own Destiny as well… But I don't know where to start." Spike told softly, which made Syera pull him into a hug, he hugged back.

"awww… " Everypony there awed in joy as they looked at the Saiyan and the Dragon have a bit of a hugout. Soon they broke it.

"Thanks Spike, I'm glad I can call you a dear friend, as well as Brother." Syera told softly.

"But seriously… What am I… Where did I come from and where do I start?" Spike talked to himself, wondering what the answer is that lies ahead of him.

"How about for starters ditching that apron Spike? Hahaha!" Rainbow Dash.

"Why now of all times would you want to find out, Spike?" Applejack asked worriedly.

"It's the same way of asking why you would come back to your farm when you were young. Because Spike needs to find his place, where he belongs that is. I am sure he will find out soon enough." Syera told Applejack in which the farm pony nodded in agreement with a firm expression.

"Well besides all this talk about Destiny, there is one thing you've got something those dreadfully fierce dragons can only dream of Spike." Rarity added on.

"Huh? What's that?" Spike asked.

"The cutest widdle-chubby cheeks! Ooooo!" Rarity told smiling as she pinched his cheeks with her hooves, making him blush bright red.

"Cute?! Dragons aren't supposed to be cute! Right?" Spike told as he blushed even brighter red.

"I don't know about other Dragons, but I have to agree, Spike. You definitely are way easier and pleasing on the eyes than most others." Syera added as she shrugged lightly and smiled in his direction.

"Oh, sweetie, you are turning the most delightful shade of red. It is most becoming." Rarity told as Spike finally snapped a bit and ripped the apron off and stormed away.

"Rrrgh! I am not cute!" He sbouted as he stomped away crossing his arms.

"Isn't he such an adorable sight even when he is angrily waddling off?" Rarity added on.
"Waddle!? Rrrrrggh!" Spike shouted back as he was still ticked off.

"Okay okay Rarity, you got your point across… But I hope Spike does find his path of which his destiny leads him down to." Syera worriedly looked upon Spike as she saw him storm away. The Dragon Migration lasted most of the day and continued even as Nightfall approached and everypony in the trench packed up and headed home talking about today's events. But the question still begged in Spike's mind of who he is and where he came from. Its question pegged at him nearly all night long.

"What am I? Where am I from? Who am I supposed to be?" Spike kept on and on throughout the night with these questions, driving the unicorn and saiyan who shared the residence with him near insane since he wouldn't stop.

"Uuugh! I don't know! For the last time, Spike, you were given to me as an egg. I don't know who found you or where they found you." Twilight had given Spike that as her final answer, in which Syera hoped down from the roof of the building from her midnight meditation and joined them in the bedroom as she slipped through the window.

"Seriously? That's all you know?" Spike asked a bit sad.

"It is, I remember when the test was given to Twilight, she barely hatched you if it weren't for that magical outburst she had when Rainbow Dash unleashed her Sonic Rainboom. I doubt you'd been born" Syera foretold as she stood with her arms crossed in her pajamas. Her tail flicking to the side as she thought on the matter.

"We're sorry, Spike. It's all we know about your origin." Twilight concluded.

"That doesn't tell me anything about who I am! I need answers! I feel like I'm... I'm looking at a complete stranger…." Spike told as he had gotten up from bed and rubbed his claw against his mirror. In which Syera kneeled down besides Spike and looked in the mirror with him.

"Spike, I understand how you feel. I honestly don't know who I am really either… Who my parents were personally, only from the stories I was told from Celestia about them. But I will say this though, if I can't find out who I really am… Then I will find myself by shaping my own Destiny." Syera placed a hand on the dragon's shoulder with a smile as she looked at him in the mirror. "I am certain you'll find out a similar way as I am." Twilight came to the mirror as well with a solution

"Spike, Syera. Why don't we do a little late-night research? See what we can find out on Dragons, where they come from, possibly find a place where you could have come from."

"Really? You'd do that?" Spike asked.

"Of course! I'm sure we can find something." Twilight told with true enthusiasm.

"Oh boy, hitting the books, guess it can't hurt to read a good dictionary or two. Let's do this!" Syera told as the three pair of a Unicorn, Dragon and Saiyan went on a big history course for information on Dragon Origin, the journey was long and tough as the Library started to grow thinner and thinner with it's Catalog.

Into the next morning however…

"Nothing. Nothing in this one either!" Twilight told as she scoured book after book. Looking for an answer.

"Nothing at all about dragons? This is getting ridiculous!" Spike complained as he tossed a book to the side after having no luck at all.

"I know! It's hard to believe, but ponies know next to nothing about dragons." Twilight told on the subject.

"Apparently they're too rare and too scary to try to talk to or study… I can see why, but honestly… That one dragon we spoke to on the mountain with Fluttershy… He seemed scary but he did show emotion like anybody else would… Hmm.. I think we have no choice but to take this research to the next level!" Syera spoke with firm confidence.

"That sounds great Syera… But now that I know dragons show emotion… I guess that means dragons do cry after all…" Spike then proceeded to whimper and tear up a little, rubbing his eyes.

"Spike…" Twilight patted her dragon on the back softly.

"It's okay, Twilight. I'm gonna discover who I am if it's the last thing I do, which I am gonna take Syera's advice. I'mma take this to the next level!" Spike told pumping himself up.

"Alright Spike! Huh… Wait, take it to the next level hmm? What exactly is that in your case Spike?" Syera asked. But before he could answer. Rarity and Rainbow Dash knocked on the door with authority as they came in the golden oak library. this spooking the poor dragon into a small pile of books besides Syera and Twilight.

"Yoo-hoo!" Shouted Rarity

"Hey, guys!" Rainbow Dash said in unison.

"Waugh!" Spike shrieked as he jumped into the pile of books.

"Good morning to you all!" Rarity spoke smiling as she trotted in with Rainbow Dash

"You three wanna join us for breakfast?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"That sounds great. I'm famished as I am sure you are too Syera." Twilight told smiling as she looked at her saiyan sister.

"Are you kidding!? That sounds fantastic! Food now, research later!" Syera told as her stomach growled, eager to have her belly full.

"Count me out. I've gotta get an early start!" Spike told as he rummaged through a few things he had.

"An early start?" Rarity asked in a bit confusion.

"Yes! I'm going on a quest of self-discovery! I need to learn what it means to be a dragon! And the only way I'm gonna do that is to take it to the next level like Syera said!" Spike told in which all eyes fell to Syera for an answer.

"Well yeah I mean I told him that but… What exactly is the next level for you Spike?" Syera asked, in which all eyes were on Spike again.

"I am gonna join the great dragon migration!" Spike told which shocked Rarity, Rainbow Dash and Twilight. But it made Syera light up with a smile.

"What?!?" Twilight, Rarity, Rainbow Dash shouted in surprised.

"So that's the next level eh? Funny I was thinking the same thing-" Syera told in which the three ponies frowned at her. "What? If that's his choice, let him!" Syera told but they went forward and tried to talk the Dragon boy out of his plans.

"Spike, that's nonsense talk! I know that you're a dragon, but those dragons mean business! They're big, and tough, and scary…" Rainbow Dash told firmly but was cut off by Spike with…

"And I'm small, and meek... and I like to wear aprons. See? This is exactly why I need to spend time with them." Spike told packing his stuff up in a blanket and stuffing it on a stick.

"All I'm saying is that you could get hurt." Rainbow Dash was concerned for Spike's safety more than anything. Rarity right behind her with it too.

"Darling, this time I really do have to agree with Rainbow Dash. I don't want those big, ugly, nasty dragons to hurt one little scale on your cutesy-wutesy head!" Rarity spoke still worried as she rubbed his cranium.

"I'm sorry, but I've made up my mind… Good-bye all." Spike told as he marched forward near the door.

"Oh, uh, quick, do something! Stop him before it's too late!" Rarity shrieked at Rainbow Dash who rushed towards Spike to stop him.

"Ngh! Hey! Give it back!" Spike struggled with Rainbow Dash for a brief moment but Syera knew this wasn't right along with Twilight as they both watched this unfold. In which Syera stepped into to break it up.

"Enough!" Syera swatted Rainbow Dash and Spike apart. Making them each fall flat on their butts.

"Whoa! Aaagh!" Spike and Rainbow Dash shrieked. However it was shocking when Syera helped up Spike and gave him his supplies.

"Really?" Spike asked as Syera gave him a nod.

"Don't tell me you think he should go too, Twilight?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Rainbow Dash, if there is one thing I will say to a fellow Warrior, which I see a lot in Spike. He needs to do a little soul searching. Which every warrior needs to do in their life at some point. Better now than never." Syera told with a small smile.

"Yes indeedly so. I couldn't answer his questions, neither could the vast catalog of books in this library either. I understand why he wishes to look elsewhere." Twilight told as she gave the Dragon a firm hug and a smile as she let him go. "I truly believe you need to go on this quest. And we have no right to stop you." Twilight told smiling.

"Hmm… I suppose not." Rarity spoke softly.

"I still say you're nutty, but hey, I've done lots of nutty things-" Rainbow Dash chipped in.

"We know." Syera and the others agreed upon Rainbow's statement. In which she grunted a bit but laughed it off a little.

"Well then, I guess this is it, Spike." Syera told while crossing her arms.

"We can't wait to hear about it when you return champ" Syera told as she waved good-bye to him as did the others.

"Yeah, we hope your trip–"
"Quest… "
"–your quest answers some of your pesky "Who am I?" questions." Rainbow was corrected by Syera and Twilight as they waved good-bye.

"Thanks, everypony. I know it will. Goodbye for now!" Spike told waving back as his journey began, high and low as he followed the dragons on their great migration.

"Goodbye, Spikey-wikey!" Rarity smiled as she waved along with the rest.

"Go get 'em, big guy!" Rainbow shouted out in cheer for him.

"We have faith in you!" Twilight told smiling.

"Make Haste Spike, you don't wanna miss em!" Syera shouted as she stopped waving and smiled.

"We're following him, right?" Rarity whispered to Twilight and Syera.

"We are?" Syera asked a bit confused.

"Of course." Twilight told with a bit of a frown.

"Oh.. Okay, but can we eat first please?!" She asked but then they all fell over in a sigh of disgust but laughed as their bellies all rumbled.

After a huge feasting of the saiyan stuffing her belly full and a few other things, Syera, Rarity, Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle had taken to action. The plan going forward was kind of fool proof yet kinda cheesy, outside of Syera's outfit in the mix that Rarity designed for their plan.

"Rarity… Are you sure I can pass as a dragon? Looking like this?" Syera asked as she was wearing a skin-tight suit with scales decorated in a dark reddish brown with gold laced highlights. She appeared more so of a Magma infused Dragon, her burly look also sold the scaly six pack that her costume had. Adorned with a lot of makeup and such to match her scaly features on her body. Rarity also fashioned her a pair of horns to poke through her hair, only thing is that they were attached to a hairball which nestled up fairly well to her head. Her leggings ended in two pairs of footwear that looked like claws as did her gloves which were skin tight and had claws as well.

Her tail however was an interesting one since it was magma reddish brown with heavy duty diamond encrusted layers. She was able to move it as if it were her normal tail with a bit of extra weight. Also one other thing to help with this outfit. It was near indestructible, fireproof and everything. Last finishing touch was a pair of contacts that basically made her eyes a heavy gold color to full sell the deal that she was indeed a dragon. Her white eyes were now dark red as her inner iris and pupils were now a mix of purple and gold.

"Why of course dear, besides. Considering I had to make this outfit for you since I made one for me and the other two. It be easier so we can all blend in and become much to watch Spike without him noticing we were there all along." The dress designer pony told her saiyan friend, in which in turn Syera agreed with a smile.

"I see, and considering our time. We best get going now." Syera told as she clenched her fists and pounded them against each other. "So let's get on with it girls!"

"Right!" The three ponies then tracked where the dragons were heading to, surprisingly it took much longer than they expected to get their destination, it was far, past snow tundras, badlands and soon deep forests til they reached a stone plateau filled with lava pits and active volcanic activity.

Over the next few days, Spike made his way due west to what seemed like a area where various meadows and grasslands. To then Mountain ranges and forests. Soon the elevation of which Spike climbed was horrendous and rigid. Til eventually he made it all the way to the Dragon Nesting Grounds and Territory, where a lot of Lava flows and Magma vats were ever present with a Volcano that was erect on a separate land mass in the distance.

Spike was excited as he tore off the beard he had gained on the way from the excitement knowing he made it without any help from anyone else. Or so he thought when Syera as well as Twilight, Rainbow and Rare were close behind in their outfits.

Soon Spike came across a group of dragons which seemed around his age and bigger.

"Alright, teenage dragons! Now that's more my speed. And size." Spike cheered out as he ran towards the various amounts of dragons all shapes and sizes. But they definitely seemed like adolescents.

"Come you three, pick up the pace, we're almost to the top, and Spike seems to have found a group of younger dragons that are… errr… around his size." Syera told as she stood atop the mountain and looked around and saw many bigger dragons perched up around the edges, along with some down near the various Magma craters. But Spike was down to the right where big piles of gems covered the ground as some dragons feasted upon them or layed atop them as if they were king of a hill.

"Nrrg.. we're coming Syera, urrg!" Rainbow Dash told as they finally made it up the hill. It seemed Rarity's looks for a dragon really showed as their outfit seemed less than fake to more real. It was a green dragon outfit that had a two tone shade to it, adorned with gems of all colors and two crossed eyed eyes as well as two horns, one yellowish gold, one purple and a ribbon adorned on its neck. If you look closely, two holes in the neck shows Rainbow Dash's eyes and her wings poking out to show that this thing had wings. But sadly Rarity was on the ass end of things when steering this dragon costume.

"I'm telling you, we'll never pass for a real dragon!" Rainbow Dash complained about how it felt waddling in the outfit they shared.

"Oh, pish-posh! This costume is fabulous, one of my finer creations." Rarity told insulted by Rainbow on her fine creativity she made on the Dragon outfit.

"Shh! We'll never pass if they hear three voices coming out of one dragon!" Twilight warned.

"So cut the chatter down to a minimum, we gotta blend in of course. So let's go down, shall we?" Syera told as she slide down the mountain face with ease while the three ponies driving the dragon suit struggled a little. But soon balanced out their footing.

Once they came down, Spike approached the dragons as they were having a small mosh pit of a wrestling ring. A red dragon was wrestling a fat brown one with blue horns and a barbed tail. Seemed the Red one had the upper hand til Spike butted in.

"Um, excuse me?" In which he got their attention as they approached them. "Uh, hi. I'm Spike." He introduced himself to them.
Fume:

"You sure your name is Spike and not Shrimp?!" Meet Fume. A purple and golden dragon with shaggy blonde hair. He seemed to be a run of a mill bully among these guys, as a few of them seemed to be as they all laughed at such a bad joke when name calling somebody.

"No, it's Spike! I'm not, I mean, I'm sure id know my own name…" Spike told a bit shaky.

"You look more like Peewee to me." Clump, the heavy set fat brown dragon with blue horns chimed in with his two cents. As they continued laughing til the red dragon stepped in to what seemed like he was gonna defend him.

"Hey guys, c'mon, seriously. Leave him alone or he might fly away. That is, uh, if he had any wings!" Garble, the red dragon remarked, he seems to be a lead to these band of teenage dragons. In which they all laughed at his joke regarding Spike being wingless.

"You fly in on your mommy's back during the migration?" Clump asked in a mocking fashion.

"Not exactly…" Spike told, but before he could speak further, Fume chimed in with another brash insulting remark.

"No, no, can't you see baby Spike just hatched? I bet he still sucks his claw at night!" He told, regard to the act of teething more or less.

"No, I haven't sucked my claw in months!" Spike told shakily as the them proceeded to suck his thumb claw nervously. But stopped when he was asked a bigger question by Garble.

"Well, if you weren't just hatched, how come we haven't seen you around before?" He asked, it was then Syera stepped in to the fray and spoke up.

"He lives with me, though I told him to get a headstart on me for the migration." Syera told as she placed a hand on her hip, some of the teenage dragons whistled and were awestruck to see a female dragon amongst the ranks of the grunts down below.

"Oh really? And you are who now? Cause we sure as heck haven't seen you around either. You sure you're related?" Garble asked, but Spike gasped when he noticed who this "Dragon" was. In which this "Dragon" looked to Spike and winked with a smile. Then back at Garble with a serious expression.

"The name’s Sojourner Scarlett. But just call me Scar." Syera went with this name cover up fairly well considering she was thinking hard on it, but given her reddish brown and golden nature of her outfit, she seemed like a traveling kind.

"A traveling dragon huh? So you wandered around a lot huh? How did you end up here?" Garble asked a bit intrigued.

"Raising this young one here. And I felt he was ready to make the Migration, as I needed to for many Moons now since I found him abandoned as an egg and raised him as one of my own. Granted we aren't blood related, but family still counts no matter what shape and size you are.

"If that is the case, where did you raise this shrimp?" Fume asked as the others laughed a little which Spike added.

"Oh, well, y'see, we live in Ponyville and–" Spike told before he was cut off.

"Hahaha! Ponyville? That explains it! I knew there was something vaguely pony-ish about you! But you not so much… in fact, you don't even seem dragon like at all, what are you?" Garble asked Syera as he and the others circled Spike and her.

"I'm more Dragon than dragon as it gets, if you wish to prove it, then please tell us how we can convince you we are and not just some ponies in a dragon costume!" Syera told as a joke in which it did cause some laughter between them.
"A pony in a dragon costume...! Hahaha!" Fume laughed while hugging the neck of the dragon outfit Twilight and the others were in.

"Aheh... yeah... hilarious." Twilight told in a burly deep voice to make it fit the memo of their outfit.

It was then Garble raised a claw and the others stopped laughing in which he eyed Syera and Spike.

"Alright, you took the words right outta my mouth about the Dragon costume part. But really let's prove that you are both dragons." Garble told.

"Well... how?" Spike asked.

"By acting like one! Who's up for a little belching contest?" In which three dragons lined up to give their best fiery belch to see who'd be the winner. The dragons cheered them on
First up was Fizzle, the white dragon amongst the group pink horns and underside with a blue flame that was very average. Then was Fume with a green flame that didn't last very long. Then Clump lastly let loose a huge one deep down from his gullet that nearly set the entire place on fire, Syera didn't flinch as her aura protected her from the heat as well as her costume which was fireproof. After doing so everyone cheered the loudest for that one in which he gave a hearty smoked filled cough after letting that one out.

"You think you can beat that, Peewee and Scarla?" Garble told as she shoved both Spike and Syera out in the middle of the fray, in which Syera told.

"I'll go first Spike" in which she channeled energy with a pose and soon sucked in a lot of air and belched even louder and longer than the rest, while shooting a beam of golden energy out of her mouth that lit up the sky and the heavens, piercing the thick foggy smoke from the Volcanoes making the sun shine down. Everyone was awestruck and cheered. But Syera held out her hand to stop them and then pointed to Spike, who gave a nervous gulp.

"Man… I didn't know Syera could do that." Rainbow Dash was amazed. But Rarity and Twilight were kinda grossed out.

"If you call that amazing Rainbow Dash, you are just as unlady like as she is." Rarity scrunched her nose since it was way worse than Clump's belch but much more destructive as they all saw.

"Syera doesn't tend to shoot beams out of her mouth, guess this was a first for everything. But phew, you girls are lucky you don't have to live with Syera at times since she does let loose some heavy ones." Twilight chimed as they whispered amongst each other as the dragons awaited Spike to belch. In which he did but his belch was a small green flame that shot out a letter from Princess Celestia of all times now. In which the Teenage dragons were a bit shocked at this too. Garble picked it up.

"From the desk of Princess Celestia. Dear Spike, please te– Ha! Get this, guys! Spike's pen-pals with a namby-pamby pony princess!" They all laughed as Garble tossed it away but Syera did catch it at fast speed since it could have been an important topic for later, in which she put it away in one of her pouches attached to her waist. Which were pretty well hidden and also Fireproof.

Twilight then approached Syera's side and told, "good catch Syera, but still…how can he just throw that away?! That letter could be something important!" She grumbled in such anger.

"We can't worry about that now, Twilight. We're here to help Spike!" Rainbow Dash told.
"I know, I know! There's no reason to disrespect Princess Celestia that way!" Twilight still grumbled about the issue.

"Don't worry, we'll settle it later. Like Rainbow Dash said, we're here to help Spike in this hodgepodge of a Dragon test. Just lay low. We'll look at the letter later, I have it safely in my back pocket. Thanks to you Rarity." Syera told in which Rarity squeed in happiness that those small pockets came in handy. In which Syera's attention was dragged back over to Garble who gave another test.

"Okay, not bad i dare say. You got one mean burp the both of ya. But….maybe tail wrestling is more you guys' speed." He told which made Spike nervous.

"Yeah!" All the dragons cheered. In which a few competitors gathered and did one match.

"Ready... go!" Garble shouted as two of the other Dragons, Backdraft and Charcoal gave it their best. Sadly Charcoal's skinny self was overpowered by the burly indigo nature of Backdraft and landed flat on his face.

"The winner!" Garble told as he held up the tail of Backdraft. In turn the dragons cheered for him.

"Good old tail wrestling…" Spike told nervously. In which Syera kneeled next to him.

"Don't worry, if anything. I'll give a few of these guys a workout they won't forget. And I'm sure there is one you can get." Syera coached Spike but then Rarity thought to the others.

"We can't let little Spikey-wikey wrestle one of them! He'll get clobbered!" Rarity told on which Rainbow Dash had an idea and they all went along with it.

"I challenge Spike to a tail wrestle!" Twilight told in her deep voice to sound confident against Spike.

"Who's this weirdo?" Garble asked wondering what the heck they were looking at.

"I think he's Crackle's cousin." Fume told as they looked over at "Crackle" who looked just like the costume. Only being a real dragon.

"BWAAGH!" Crackle let out a huge shriek and scratched his side with his Hind leg.

"Oh, that would explain it." In which both Spike and "Crackle's Cousin" got into position for the tail wrestle.

"Ready? Go!" Garble shouted out as the match began, and Spike pulled as hard as he could, but he didn't seem like he was doing til Rainbow Dash gave the cue in which they all toppled over and Spike was declared Victor for this.

"Spike's the winner!" Garble shouted as the dragons cheered for him.

"Nice going, little Spike! Maybe you are a dragon after all" Garble remarked as he gave Spike a boost of confidence.

"Yeah… maybe I am!" Spike told with true boost to his overall moral. Maybe a bit too much. "Alright, who's next?!"

"Whoa slow your roll there little bro. How bout letting your big sis give it a shot?" Syera chimed in with a smirk as she was eager to see what she would be pitted against.

"Alright then, your turn Scar. Show us what you got." Garble told.

"Give me your best and meanest one for my competition!" She told stretching and cracking her knuckles.

"a little cocky, huh? I like that. So how about you wrestle... him!" Garble pointed at a small blue dragon, at least he seemed small til the rest of him showed. In which he had a burly big tail with retractable spikes coming out of it and with a huge change of attitude. In which the Saiyan Dragon accepted gracefully.

"Bring it-" she told firmly with her tail flicking like a whip eager to hit something. In which the two got into position and got ready to wrestle.

"Ready!? Go!!" It was then the bigger tailed dragon gave it his all but for some reason, even for how small Syera was in comparison to tail girth. She was barely flinching as she stood firm with a tight grip with her diamond encrusted tail.

"Come on, that's all you got? Lemme show you how it's done-" in which Syera flexed one good time with a firm grip that make a cracking noise to the dragon's tail and she flung him around, slamming em down onto the ground til eventually she through em into the mountain side.

"Whooooooooa!" Shrieked the big tailed Dragon in which he made a big crater that leaked a lot of Lava. And even exploded with chunks raining down. In which every dragon even the adults were shocked and cheered her on.

"Haha, dude! You flung the hell outta Whip!" Garble told with much laughter as well as the other teens as Whip. The Dragon Syera wrestled. Crawled out of the hole in the mountain that spilled Lava.

"I'd say you and Spike pass this one. But still, you both still haven't proven yourselves as dragons yet, follow me." Garble told as she grabbed hold of Spike and they all climbed to the top of a big gem pile

"So, Spike, Scar, like I said before… you haven't exactly proven yourself as a dragons yet?

"But... we get an A for effort right?" Spike asked nervously.

"Huh, maybe. Let's see how you two do in this next contest." In which he shoved both of them off the pile of gems, Spike didn't land so well but Syera didn't expect it and landed with a cartwheel off the pile and looked up.

"Whaaaaa! Oof! Wha! Oah! Oof!" Spike landed next to Syera, he wasn't hurt, just a little scuffed is all in which Syera was glad he was good. In which Garble then announced the next challenge to every dragon there.

"King of the hoard!" In which every dragon cheered as they climbed the pile of gems to reach the top.

"This is my chance!" Spike shouted as he began to climb.

"Go get em Spike! You got this!" Syera cheered as she was right behind him. Watching his back. In case something came, as was Twilight, Rainbow Dash and Rarity as they were still in the "Crackle's Cousin" disguise. In which they stopped Fume from taking out Spike.

"Not so fast!" Rainbow Dash shouted as they tackled the purple dragon down to the bottom of the pile. Syera on the other hand also offered a moment as she climbed the hill as well.

"I don't think so-!" She shouted as one dragon tried to scoop Spike off the hoard of Jewels and swiped her hand horizontally, knocking them off.

"Haha! King of the ho- whoa!" Spike spoke a little too soon as he slid off the pile of gems and jewels all the way back down. 'Oof! Uh! Nuh! Oof! Nrrrrgg…" he winced in a bit of pain from the fall as Garble stood beside him with Disappointment.

"Looks like this is another fail for you, little Spike. But your sister seems to get it all too well." He pointed up as it was Syera, sitting atop the hoard of gems with one leg crossed over the other and her tail wraped around halfway, letting it droop down her leg as she smiled and waved down at them. In which Spike weakly waved back with a smile and got up, with a few cracks as his body straightened back to normal.

"Best stretch and bend in the best way as you can little Spike, cause I can't wait to watch you fail at lava cannonball, too-!" Garble told with a devious grin, only leaving Spike to gulp nervously.

"Lava Cannonball?" Syera questioned as she heard him talk about it. But all was explained when Garble led them to a lookout that had a big drop leading to a pool of Lava.

"Whoever makes the biggest lava splash is the ultimate dragon!" He told in which he jumped with a molten splash. "Geronimo!" He shouted.

"Gauh!" Spike winced at the lava expelled upwards from the splash, seems it didn't hurt that much, Syera knew the suit she wore was fireproof… but was it lava…

"Spike's on his own this time Syera, I don't think you can jump in there so easily-" Twilight told as a forewarning.

"Yeah I hate to agree. We know you're made of tough stuff but lava sounds like too much!" Rainbow Dash even explained.

"Hmph, not a chance-" Syera told with a sheer expression of eagerness.


"Cannonball!" Shouted Clump as he hurled his bigger self down, making an even bigger splash than before. In which both Syera and Spike shielded themselves from the Lava.

"What's wrong, you two? You afraid the lava will hurt your soft pony hides?" Garble and the others laughed after the fact.

Syera and Spike looked at each other with a nod and serious expression. "Ready set go!" Shouted the both of them as they jumped. However Spike didn't stick the landing and made quite the thwacking flop on his stomach, as he slowly sank.

"Oooh…" They all winced, however. Where was Syera with her dunk? They all looked up and saw her twirling down like a drill and soon she made contact with a huge splash of Lava, however it was so strong it parted the lava apart like a sea of water from one continental shelf to another. In which she landed to the firm bedrock beneath, however she looked up and jumped up to the surface of the lava, standing atop it. While it all settled.

"Dude, that was awesome! I never seen lava split like that before, only in legends!" Garble and the others cheered.

"So… was my belly flop bad compared to that?" Spike asked.

"What? No way! That was awesome too! No pony could live through a belly flop like that!" He chuckled in delight. "You're one tough little dragon." Garble told in approval, as did the other Dragons in the group. Soon they all got out and assembled in two lines away from the lava pit. Garble in the center.

"Spike, by belly flopping so hard, and Scarlet, for driving so fast and so hard as well and splitting the lava in two halves. Both of you have proven yourselves worthy. I hereby dub you 'rookie dragon', and will now perform the initiation ritual." He told as he tapped both their shoulders with another dragon's tail, essentially knighting them like in Princess Celestia's royal guard who achieve high rankings.

"Now let's party! dragon style!" In which they all cheered and the festivities of going hardcore party mode commenced. From more tail wrestling, or just straight up wrestling among themselves. Along with gorging down many gemstones at once. And finally some celebratory fire sprees when they would light the air with smoke and baelfire. Many hours later they all settled down and got comfy for the night.

"Man, was that a great party." Spike told.

"Extremely." Syera added.

"Heh, extreme? Huh, maybe by Ponyville standards. Stick with us, We still have plenty to teach you about being a dragon to you two." Garble added.

"I'm not going anywhere. The way I feel right now, I could hang out with you guys forever." Spike told to his claim. This in turn made Syera stand up and think. But she smiled.

"Hm, if that is your choice Spike. Wouldn't have it any other way." It was then Syera walked away.

"Hey Scarlet, where ya going?" Garble asked a bit confused.

"Nowhere in particular, just going above the mountain side to clear my head, got a bit of… lava stuck in my horns, gotta wash it out." She told which seemed to have him just shrug it off. However Spike felt as if he said something wrong. But he knew he enjoyed it here. In which who was Syera to judge and intervene with his choice?

"Spikey-wikey is going to stay with these awful dragons? Forever?!" Rarity shrieked in horror over such a thought. In which Syera heard them discussing as she walked up to them in their outfit.

"Oh no, this is terrible!" Twilight told in the realization of it all.

"Is it? He's with his kind after all Twilight. Plus, we both agreed that if he is to grow up and become a dragon, then this is the path he must take." Syera told crossing her arms as she thought it over. Rainbow Dash however, didn't think so.

"What we should've done was stop him back at the library when we had the chance!" She retorted.

"I wouldn't say that. He made up his mind and he's happy, would really want to break that Rainbow Dash?" Syera asked with genuine concern.

"I… no! But it's just…" Rainbow Dash couldn't find the words, but Twilight did.

"No, Rainbow Dash, I encouraged him to go, as did Syera. If this is his choice, like Syera said… how could we take it away from him." Twilight asked.

"But this isn't the Spike we all knew!" She shouted in sadness. In which Syera stepped in.

"But this is the Spike we all know now. I can't speak for him, and neither can you Dashie. As hard as it sounds, he makes his own path forward. And that can change, as with where he walks on that line of being a Dragon, and being that with the Ponyfolk like you. Just like I walk with that line with being a Saiyan, a warrior. And being aligned with Ponyfolk kind." Syera clenched her fist, Rarity then spoke.

"I see what you mean Syera. Spike has indeed grown up, hmm I just wish it hadn't been so… soon-!" She spoke with a bit of sadness in her voice.

"What now…?" Rainbow Dash asked in heavy question.

"Syera?" Twilight asked as she was lost for words too.

"We wait, and see what he will do. Given time all he did was not really associate, but merely "participate". Meaning he has to find out what kind of Dragon he really is when compared to the rest." Syera told with a firm smile as she looked back down to Spike and others still sleeping while they convened elsewhere on the mountain overlooking all the teen dragons.

"And if he doesn't know or find out?" Rainbow Dash asked with a bit of hesitation in her voice.

"Then we will be there for him no matter what. Even if he is so far away." Syera said and continued, "Because, even he will need guidance in some form or another."

Many hours past, surprisingly it wasn't very far in the night til Spike was alongside the other Dragons socializing like normal.

"Y'know, Spike, I think you just might be ready for a real dragon raid." Garble told as Syera came back down from the others when she heard the commotion of them stirring.

"Dragon raid? What exactly did you have in mind?" She asked as she came back with her arms crossed.

"Ah Scarlett! Just in time for me to explain. There's a nest full of phoenix eggs in the nearby woods down the mountain, and we're gonna swipe 'em!"

"Swipe 'em? Like… take them?" Spike asked a bit nervously.

"Aren't you totally psyched to go on this raid?" Clump asked as he totally was to do all this.

"Oh yeah, I'm excited. I mean, I'm psyched. Aren't you too Scarlett?" Spike asked Syera as she looked down at him with a smile.

"Yeah… let's go for it." Syera told, in which Garble smirked as well as the two others alongside em.

"Alright then. Let's fly!" He told as him and other two dragons took flight.

"Uh, sorry, guys! I guess I'll meet you back here at the crater! After the whole raid thing's over? We'll totally hang then! Whoahoa!" Clump grabbed hold of Spike. In which Syera rushed behind. But before going down, she met with Rainbow Dash and the others still in costume.

"Oh no, they took Spike! We've gotta go after them!" Rainbow was eager to fly.

"Hold on now, I'll fly on ahead and keep an eye on them. You three hoof it down the mountain…" Syera told with a bit of concern in her voice of the matter.

"What's wrong Syera dear?" Rarity asked after Rainbow slowed her roll.

"Just… after this moment, I think will decide who Spike really is. And… whether we leave him here or take him back home." Syera told softly with a small tear that ran down her face, even though she had a smile on it.

"Syera… don't worry, we're right behind you and Spike. We're just gonna have to hoof it down. Shouldn't be long, let's go girls." Twilight told as they shuffled down the mountain in the outfit while Syera rushed forward, catching up with the three teenage dragons lead by Garble and Spike.

"Alright, looks like you made it after all Scarlett." Garble told.

"Wouldn't miss my little brother's first Raid." Syera smirked with a smile. In which Garble looked over to Spike.

"Okay Spike. Since you're our rookie dragon, you get to lure the parents away from the nest while Scarlett covers the flank and nabs the eggs with us." Garble finished with the plan as they were near the tree of a Phoenix's nest on the far southern tip of this forest. It was Nightfall so they were merely about to bed down.

"Heh... lucky me…" Spike told as he walked out and was nervous. But then shouted out. "Hey, Mr. and Mrs. Phoenix! I was hoping I could have a word with you? Um, I'd, um, like to ask you some questions actually…" he told not so sure of himself as the Phoenix parents just shrugged him off not caring much. Syera was in position with her thumbs up as well as the others, in which Garble hushed spoke

"We haven't got all day, Spike!" In which Spike got serious and grabbed a fairly decent size rock. And hurled it after saying.

"Hey, you bird brains! You hard of hearing? I said come and get me!" He told as he made direct contact by hitting the father Phoenix on the head, leaving a good sized hickey on his head, before him and mother Phoenix cawed out aggressively. Flying after Spike in anger.

"Gahhhhhh!!!!" Shrieked the baby Dragon as he ran for his life. Syera then jumped up to then be in shock. But be awestrucked.

"Awww, the eggs have hatched!" She told as she graciously reached her hand out to the baby Phoenixes which all accepted her care and attention. Some were on her hands and nuzzle the top while another one nipped and pecked at her.

"Hm… ouch!" She laughed. "Feisty ones aren't you."

"Scar! What's the hold up? Huh… what the…?" Garble, Fume and Clump joined the Saiyan in the Dragon outfit and saw the hatchlings.

"The eggs have hatched." Fume told in shock.

"Indeed they did Syera told as she hovered next to the nest in a sort of protective manner.

"Well…What do we do now?" Clump asked. In which Garble chuckled.

"We take the hatchlings, of course!" He smirked. In which this triggered Syera.

"No." Syera said as she looked at them.

"What did you say?" Garble asked. In which he smirked, "going soft on us Scarlett? Cause if so, maybe you should go down with the fire!" In which he swiped his claws against Syera's cheek in a hard fashion which was a huge mistake since she dodged and kicked him away, while the others growled and charged her, in which she jumped away. The hatchlings did as well in which they stopped and wondered where she and the baby Phoenixes went.

"I'm over here-" she told as they rushed her and they fought. Trading kicks and punches for a moment. Before Garble saw a chance after he was done getting his senses back to charge to the baby phoenixes, however they were very nimble. Each move only led him to tie himself into a scaly meat-pretzel. Making him fall and break their nest. Syera saw this as they flew away, in which she grabbed Fume and headbutted him against Clump's forehead, dazing them for a moment as Syera charged after the Phoenix babies and lead them to safety. Mainly towards their mom and pop. Which were still chasing Spike.



"Nnnnrrg.. Get 'em!" Garble told angrily as he sped forward with his goons by his side. Spike was still running but the call of the babies behind the parents caught their attention as they sped past them, Syera grabbed Spike and then 180'd facing the parents and babies. Showing they aren't a threat, but the others are. In which they understood, however the father Phoenix had one last thing to settle with Spike since he through a rock at his head, in which the Phoenix pecked a hard hickey in his cranium in the same spot the rock landed on his.

"Ouch…" Spike said in a bit of pain.

"Now you’re even, but we got a bigger problem on our hands." Syera told as she pointed as the other three dragons were closing in.

"Not gonna get away this time! Grraghh!" They all charged but Syera, Spike and the Phoenixes flew the opposite direction quickly with a snap. But those dragons didn't give up, one of the bumped Syera in which Spike fell off Syera's back.

"Gahhhhhahaha!!!" He shouted.

"Spike! Hmm… okay, time to help them escape." Syera then looked at both Phoenix parents and nodded, flying above the treeline and Syera mimicked the Phoenix's move.

"Solar Flare!" Syera shouted, which created a huge beam of coherent light that was nearly the equivalent to staring into the sun. She closed her eyes after the flash was a success thanks to the Phoenixes also doing one which lit up the whole forest as if Daybreak struck early. Making the three Dragons crash into a tree. Afterwards the Saiyan was thanked by the two Phoenix parents and soon flew far away with their five young chicks.

"Nnngh, they got away! Dammit-!" Garble told as the tree came crashing down due to their weight. In which Syera chuckled, but she remembered she lost Spike. But she could sense his energy nearby the old Phoenix Nest. Instant Transmission, gotta love it. Syera teleported over to Spike after the whole shindig was done.

"Spike, you okay?" Syera asked.

"Hmmm… yeah, what about the Phoenix hatchlings and parents?" Spike asked her.

"Gone, far far away by now. Blinded the three dragons from before and boosted off in the horizon in a fiery flight." Syera told as she stretched but then noticed something in Spike's clutches.

"Hey, is that…?" Syera pointed.

"A Phoenix egg, yup yup. I found it below the tree nest ruins. One of them must have not have hatched… I feel bad for the poor thing inside." Spike told. In which Syera nodded with a small hum.

"Hmm… it's too late to return it, plus, I can't sense their energy, they're long gone and off the grid." Syera told as they stood in the forest. In which Garble caught up to them with the other two dragons.

"They got away! No thanks to you Scarlett, what was that back there?" He asked in anger.

"We came for eggs, not live specimens. Besides, it's taboo to go after Phoenixes for sport if you didn't know." Syera spoke with her arms crossed.

"Yeah whatever, you get all soft on us like that again and you'll regret it." Garble told in anger in which Syera locked her green snake like eyes at his and hissed.


"Try me, cause I'll say the same and much worse in regrets." Syera told in which Garble growled but his buddies calmed him down.

"Trust me, it ain't worth this tussle Garb" Fume said with a bit of fear.

"Yeah, don't take her lightly, Scar is pretty dang strong." Clump spoke out to Garble.

"Hey! You stole an egg?" Garble asked Spike

"Uh… yes, yes I did. It was shortly after Syera grabbed me but lost me when you bumped into us." Spike told with a bit of anger

"Oh? Well, I guess the raid wasn't a total waste after all. And you survived that fall to reep the rewards which is good." In which Clump and Fume both cheered with him.

"Nice going, Spike." Garble commented on his success.

"Well, what are you waiting for, Spike? Smash it!" Clump told in which Syera hesitated and got a bit wide eyed.

"Smash the egg? That's what you were gonna do with them?" Spike asked a bit shocked.

"Yeah! What else would we do with em?" Garble told as if it was common to do this.

"Yeah, throw it on the ground as hard as you can!" Fume told in which they all chanted in unison "Smash it! Smash it! Smash it! Smash it! Smash it!"

"Spike…" Syera told with her hand out to him in worriedness fashion.

"No! It's just a defenseless egg, like I was! And I'm not gonna let you convince me to hurt it!" Spike told with a bit of firmness in his voice.

"W-what did you say?" Garble asked in a bit of anger, in which Syera stepped in again.

"You hard of hearing? He said no." She told with she readied herself for another fight.

"That's right…no means no. Get that through your thick skull Garble." Spike told protecting the egg.

"Going soft again eh? Maybe you arent dragon material after all. And I will say this. No one, and I mean says no to me…" he growled with the other dragons that closed in for the attack.

However they backed up into something, it wasn't a tree but… another Dragon. Or so they thought.

"Craggles' Cousin?" Fume asked confused.

"Not exactly" Syera smirked as she looked at the costume fly off to the side revealing Twilight, Rainbow and Rarity striking fighting poses.

"Nopony's gonna lay a claw on him or Syera!" Rainbow shouted.

"That's right!" Twilight told backing her up.

"Fighting's not really my thing, I'm more into fashion, but I'll rip you to pieces if you touch one scale on Spike's cute little head and Syera’s magnificent physique!" Rarity lastly told in which they all laughed. But it wasn't til Syera unmasked herself and show them her true form. Stripping off the scaley skin, horns and undergarments and boots. Now showed Syera in her gi ready to fight in a flash, she turned Super Saiyan.

"Whoa… if you aren't a dragon… what are you?" Fume asked a bit shocked.

"Wouldn't you like to know Dragon-boy…"

"Ooh, so scary, hehe! Spike, are these namby-pamby ponies your friends? And I assume Scarlett, this Syera you call her. Is as well? Well a hair color change isn't gonna scare us off so easily." Garble chuckled.


"Yes, they're better friends than you could ever be. And you best not underestimate Syera's abilities in combat even if she isnt a dragon. Now, if you don't back off, you'll see what us ponies and…" Spike looked back at Syera as she said.

"Saiayns" which Spike finished.

"Yeah, Saiyans, do when confronted by a huge group of jerky dragons." He finished as he pokes Garble on the chest a few times as he looked up to him. In which he came to Eye Level.


"Oh, yeah?" He snorted in aggression "What's that?" He asked in anger.

"Run away!" Spike told as he and the others ran. In which Syera shrugged and followed Suit.

"Nrrgg, get them!" Garble shouted as they charged after them.

"Nyuh!" Twilight was successful at teleporting all them away except for Syera who sped off sharply up in which the dragons looked but it was too late for them to pull up and they went face first into another tree.

"Heh, I'd like to stay and chat boys, but you seem pretty Woodstocked at the moment. Bye." Syera told as she used Instant Transmission to join her dragon and ponyfolk friends. In which Garble just shouted in anger as they were stuck in yet another tree.

"Phew, that was a close one. Thanks, you guys." Spike said after they all tumbles over after Twilight's spell brought them back to the outskirts of Ponyville near the Everfree Forest entrance.

"Of course. What are friends for?" Twilight told.

"You're more than friends. You're my family." In which they all grouped hugged. But paused. "Wait, where's Syera?"

As if right on queue, Syera was right behind them smiling as they heard the teleportation noise she makes when appearing. Holding both her costume and the one Rarity made for her, Twilight and Rainbow Dash.

"Right here, and we're doing a group hug now I see?" Syera asked as she set the costumes aside.

"Yup, cause you're all more than friends to me, but family." In which ended with Spike being hugged by all them together.

"Ohh.. Spikey-wikey, and you too Syera. Mwah." She gave Spike and Syera both a kiss on the forehead.

"Awh shucks Rare" Syera told as she blushed a little bit like Spike did as well but Spike more so as his heart rate went sky-high. Soon the group returned to Ponyville, and they all deserved a night's well rest at what they know, as "Home".

The next morning, Syera came across Spike writing a letter to the Princess about his experience.
Rarity: [squeaks]

"Dear Princess Celestia,
Seeing the great dragon migration made me wonder what it meant to be a dragon. But now I realize that who I am is not the same as what I am. I may have been born a dragon, but Equestria and my pony friends have taught me how to be kind, loyal, and true! As well as to know where I truly belong, to be proud to call Ponyville my home, and to have my pony and Saiyan friends as my family.
Yours truly,
Spike" he ended it off.

"Sounds ready to send to me." Syera told standing beside him.

"Uh-huh." In which he put the quill down. But saw something magical, the Phoenix Egg, it's hatching! And out came a healthy Phoenix chick, chirping away.

"Mostletophe, it's a Boy!" Syera told cheering. As the young chick wrapped himself in Spike's grasp.

"Aww." He chuckled as he thought of a name that suited him. "Welcome to the family, Peewee! Stick with me. I've got plenty to teach you about being not only a Dragon or a pony. But a true true friend." Spike told with a smile.

"Yeah, and Peewee eh? That's definitely fitting, right Peewee?" Syera asked as she stuck her finger out to him, in which she got a small bite from him. "Youch! Yeah… he's definitely a Phoenix alright, and a bit of a prankster."

In which both Syera and Spike laughed wholeheartedly as they left the Library, Spike with Peewee on his shoulder as Syera had her own pet bird, Tori on her shoulder as well. In which they seemed to behave until Peewee and Tori chased each other back and forth.

"Hmm, what's next?" Syera asked.

"Only the future knows it seems when it comes to knowing your destiny, as you told me Syera." Spike told as they looked out on Ponyville with their feathered companions, wondering what lies ahead.

Find out, Next Time!

Author's Note:

This was a in my backlogs for too long. And I promise to keep writing more chapters once I find the inspiration for it. That's a promise I will keep, but this one I plan to keep going for awhile.

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 1 )

More good

Login or register to comment