• Published 30th Jan 2016
  • 4,606 Views, 146 Comments

Syera: The Equestrian Saiyan - SolidSparkle117



Syera, one of the last Saiyans sent to Equestria and her Destiny lies ahead with Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Applejack and most importantly Princess Celestia, Princess Luna Shining Armor and Princess Cadence

  • ...
19
 146
 4,606

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 28: A Play in Canterlot, The Tale of Hearth's Warming begins!

Author's Note:

The original written date was July 7th, 2020. This was a little joke I had to write a Christmas Chapter in the Summer. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did writing it.

Last Time on Syera: The Equestrian Saiyan

Two friends found out the true meaning of being heroes, mainly Rainbow Dash.

Who found out that being heroic is more than about boasting and signing autographs as well as being the main event of attraction among the pony folk.

As the events take forth in Ponyville now, what awaits our Saiyan Heroine?

Find out, now!

Cue Intro Music

"A Play in Canterlot, The Tale of Hearth's warming begins!"

The seasons began to change and summer had turned to fall, and now fall became summer. It would be the time of the year that Hearth's Warming was upon everypony throughout the Equestria nation.

And this, would mark the first Hearth's Warming Syera and Twilight Sparkle would spend up in Canterlot with their friends doing the most cherished event of all the year, a play showcasing the beginning of Equestria as they know and love today, as the tale of Hearth's Warming began.

The train the seven friends boarded was on a polar express to Canterlot. Syera stared out the window as she took her seat seeing the snowy plains drift by and small tundras mark the way up the mountain as they traverse through and over the mountain to reach the Castle Town capital of Equestria, Canterlot.

"Home… " Syera whispered to herself and Twilight looked over at the Saiyan and tilted her head.

"What was that Sis?" Twilight had asked.

"We're going home, for Hearth's Warming this year. And I'm so glad we have the chance to do so with our new friends." Syera told smiling back at her sister.

"Yeah, you're right. With our friends, I am so glad to have met them just as much as you Syera." Twilight told as she had looked over a book as the train ran it's course.

"Hmm, I can smell the Coco now from the local cafe up there already." Syera told chuckling to herself.

"Did somepony say Coco!? Mmm… " Pinkie came out from behind the two as Syera had mentioned the sweet but hot chocolate beverage.

"Yes indeed Pinkie, the Coco is to live for up there. We have to get ourselves a cup of it. Especially with some creamer, and a bunch of marshmallows. It's so bad for my diet but I love it this time of year." Syera told, making her hands into fists as she craved the delectable beverage.

"Diet? As much as you eat, I don't think you need to worry about slimming down anytime Syera." Pinkie told chuckling as she patted her friend on the chest.

"You kidding? Syera is easily the most athletic out of most of us. Except yours truly!" Rainbow Dash told boasting a little bit over her sleek nature.

"If you're asking for 'nother iron pony contest Rainbow Dash ah am right here waitin'." Applejack smirked as she bumped her hooves together and the too stared at each other seriously for a moment before laughing softly as did the others.

"I'd love to see one of those between you two. But we're almost there. Let's sit back and enjoy the rest of the ride shall we?" Syera asked as the six ponies nodded in agreement.

"Jeez, is it nearly over already… " Spike told with a bit of a yawn afterward then spoke again "I swear train rides nearly always put me to sleep but to think were nearly there?" He spoke in a groggy tone.

"Don't worry Spike, We'll wake you when we get there." Twilight spoke softly to him as he slept once again in his seat in front of Syera and Twilight, and in the back of Rarity and Applejack.

"We're getting closer" Twilight spoke as they had passed to underground railway tunnels, which marked that they are three/fourths in the ride to Canterlot from Ponyville. Indeed the train was ahead of schedule.

"Oh, I do hope I am quite festive enough for this trip to Canterlot." Rarity spoke worriedly.

"Come on now Rarity, festive does not even begin with how you look now, besides. I think you fit the memo when you introduced all of us to Fancy Pants and his hoity toity upper class ponyfolk friends up in Canterlot a couple weeks back during me and Twilight's birthday. I still love the outfits you made for us." Syera told smiling as Rarity looked back.

"Why I am glad to hear that Syera dear, and honestly I was quite afraid of how they'd react to you all. Especially you Syera, you aren't exactly well… Like the rest of us ponies after all. But you are quite the beloved sight to behold." Rarity told complimenting the looks and vibe that her Saiyan friend gives off.

"You really think so?" Syera asked with a bit of a non-confident tone as she twiddled her thumbs.

"I know so darling, don't ever think otherwise cause I do know Fancy Pants was indeed honored to meet you since you're Equestria's Saiyan after all. A fine example of what your race can hold I assume as much, from how great and powerful you are, as well as how you take such responsibility in use of such power." Rarity told. This is when Fluttershy spoke up.

"Yet you're so gentle Syera that you'd wouldn't even hurt a butterfly, even if they'd tried to make fun of you." Fluttershy told. "I just wish I was as lucky as you." She told a bit sadden. Syera reached across and hugged her shy friend.

"Believe me Fluttershy, I wasn't always this calm and collected. I was made fun of too back in times when me and Twilight were young in Canterlot. I felt I didn't fit in, that I was just a monkey that seemed to belong in a zoo and instead of school. However out of all of those who tried to push me down. It was Twilight, my dear sister, father, mother and our older brother Shining Armor. Who had kept me afloat." Syera paused to catch her breath as a few tears came out as she then recalled.

"It all came to me when Hearth's Warming came. To be with family, those who actually cared about me. Even all of you now, I feel that same warmth when I was young and felt warm next to Twilight as either I was held by our mother, or father. Sometimes even our brother would hold me close when I felt sad and alone." Syera paused but before she could say another word, all six of the pony's had hugged the Saiyan in a tight loving embrace and awed in comfort of their Saiyan friend.

"You're not alone Syera." Applejack told her as she pat her on the back in the group hug.

"Not by a long shot!" Pinkie told as she embraced her more.

"And, you're not so different from all of us. You feel emotions just like us." Fluttershy told.

"You're tough like us!" Rainbow Dash told with a serious expression as she smiled.

"And, you don't take anypony or anything for granted dear, so you definitely are not selfish at all for what you have." Rarity spoke softly.

"And most importantly, we, especially I. Wouldn't want to have you any other way Syera." Twilight had spoke as she kissed her sister on the cheek.

Syera weeped lightly but smiled as she had wiped away her tears and hugged them all back. "I love you girls, thank you for being here by my side. Up to now and I hope forever till the end of our days." Syera told softly, the touching moment lasted pretty long, long enough till the train had arrived at their destination. The train whistle sounded and the conductor sounded off that Canterlot was the stop for this part of the line. Everypony had grabbed their belongings and strolled the streets of Canterlot, a bit chilly in the air but the heaters around town made the place nice and cozy, even for those who are outside.

"Shall we take the scenic route around as we head for the castle girls?" Syera had asked which they did indeed agree upon. As they strolled the winter wonderland that was indeed Canterlot, it was a sight for sore eyes to be reckoned with.

"Oh, isn't Canterlot wonderful this time of year?" Twilight had asked in which the group hummed in agreement with

"Yeah, I wish it was Hearth's Warming Eve every day." Rainbow Dash complimented smiling.

"I wouldn't mind that for a little while, but I can only stand to snow but for so long." Syera told as the group laughed a little.

"Woo-wee, there's so much to look at! I feel like my eyes are gonna pop right out of my head!" Applejack told as she took in the streets and roads of the Canterlot landscape as the snow came down slowly but surely.

"I have an idea, let's play 'I spy with my little eye' as we walk!" Twilight suggested and so everypony there agreed upon it.

"Alright, sounds fun! Do us the honors Twilight and kick it off." Syera told smiling as she crossed her arms as they walked.

"I spy... an eight-foot candy cane." Twilight sounded off as she spotted one.

"I spy a snowpony!" Rainbow shouted out as there was one as they walked by.

"I spy somepony eating a gingerbread house…!" Pinkie Pie told as she had rushed in a bakery, bought a gingerbread house since when she came out, a cha ching from a cash register chimed and she ate the whole thing. "And its me!" She smiled licking her lips and everypony there laughed.

"Hey, I spy a Super Saiyan dashing through the snow!" Syera told as she dashed away quickly, turning up the heat as she became a Super Saiyan. Moving through the snow around her friends and they cheered and laughed as they watched their Saiyan friend move with incredible speed though so much powdery white flakes.

Sometime later near the evening, Syera and Twilight and the others had settled in a castle Spire they were hosted by the Princesses themselves to stay in. Soon they had gone to a backstage dressing room in the Canterlot theater close by and started getting ready for the mane event to take place. Something they had practiced and rehearsed for weeks to come to them and today was the day. One Hearth's Warming Eve that their tale would be told.

"I still can't believe that Princess Celestia chose us to put on the most important play of the season! Do you guys know what an honor this is? For all of us?" Twilight Sparkle had spoken as they all got ready to get into character.

"Yeah, you've been going on about this for weeks sis, if anything I'd say we deserve it, to give these ponies a good show and give them an event they will not forget and will continue to hold up such tradition with their children. It is quite the honor for all of us." Syera told as she had been picked as one of the biggest star roles next to everypony else. The traveler that would bring wisdom through the lands and help shape Equestria to what it is now. She had blue and red robes to wear as well as boots and long sleeved gloves and a hood to wear with it all.

"Oh, I wish she hadn't honored me quite so much... I can't go onstage! I don't want everypony looking at me!" Fluttershy told as she had her outfit on, she was going to be Private Pansy, the second in command to Commander Hurricane. Rainbow Dash's character.

"Fluttershy, darling, there's nothing to feel nervous about." Rarity had told as she had gotten into character as well, she would play the role of the Daughter of the King of Unicorns at the time, Princess Platinum. With Twilight Sparkle playing the role of as her assistant, Clover the Clever.

"No?" Fluttershy asked softly in question about what Rarity told her.

"Of course not. All across Equestria, ponies are preparing their own pageants for Hearth's Warming Eve in their own towns. It's tradition." Rarity had for told this Fluttershy, the poor shy pony.

"So you're saying they'll be too busy to come to our play?" She asked, trying to understand her statement.

"Well, no. We're in the Canterlot pageant, the biggest, most important production in all of Equestria. A lot of ponies will come to watch us." Rarity explained. Which caught Syera's attention.

"By A lot, just how many do you think "a lot" is Rare?" Syera asked, as too was getting ready for the play ahead of them, trying on her costume to make sure it fit properly.

"Hundreds. At the very least." Rarity spoke to her two friends.

"Hundreds?" Fluttershy told shivering a little. However Rarity might have gone over the top as she had gasped a little in excitement.

"Maybe even thousands dear! It could be a full house indeed for them to see us perform and I cannot wait!" Rarity told and Fluttershy whimpered a little bit shyly at such a comment.

"Don't worry Fluttershy, just remember, were right behind ya on that stage. Since we're in this together-" Syera told, however being cut off by hard gusts wind rushing in from a nearby window, and started to sturr up a few things around the dressing room.

"Oh, my hair! Applejack? Be a dear and shut those windows, will you?" Rarity asked, however this started a whole chain of events as the dressing room became a bit filled with havoc.

"Aaah! Rain-bow-Dash! Rain-bow-Dash! Aaaah! Thank you, thank you!" Rainbow Dash boasted herself as if she was the real big star of all of them. In which Applejack stopped to tell her before shutting the window.

"It's a reenactment of the founding of Equestria. It's not the 'Rainbow Dash Show'." Applejack told, as she was in character now as well. She was to play Smart Cookie, the advisor of Pinkie Pie's Character, Chancellor Puddinghead.

"Well it should be the 'Rainbow Dash Show'! I'm the star!" Rainbow Dash told in a bit of selfishness.

"Come now Rainbow Dash, we're all stars here, besides we all got a role to play, let's not get ahead ourselves." Syera told.

"Curtain in two minutes girls!" Spike sounded off at the warning of time left to get ready and get the play started.

"Fluttershy come on, you need to get out of there!" Twilight struggled to get Fluttershy out.

"Twilight, let me handle this." Pinkie Pie tried helping but it didn't seem quite effective.

"PINKIE!!!" Twilight had screamed as she was yanked back by the head but soon Pinkie let go and the poor unicorn and Pegasus pony were slingshoted into the box of wreaths and shingles.

"The Hearth's Warming Eve pageant is about harmony and friendship." Applejack still butted heads with Rainbow Dash about what was going on, however she forgot one thing

"Shut the window!" Everypony shouted, and Syera walked over and shut it since it seemed everything was getting a bit wild.

"Okay okay! The window is shut! Now come on girls we got a show to put on. And everypony, and I mean everypony here has trained and rehearsed for this moment for weeks on end, were all a little on edge but we got this in the bag. Now come on, let's do this!" Syera told as she pounded her fists together and put her hands on her hips with a smile dawning her face. It was enough inspiration to even get Fluttershy up in moving, and so, the show goes on as expected here and now.

As the lights dimmed on the theater, the ponies in the audience had quiet down from their chatter and Spike sounded off the story as he came on stage.

"Once upon a time, long before the peaceful rule of Celestia and Luna, and before ponies discovered our beautiful land of Equestria, ponies did not know harmony. These were strange and dark times of our age. A time when ponies were torn apart... by hatred!" He told with a small pause in his voice as the curtains behind him portrayed the times where each race had their moments and how they raged against one another, causing a gasp from the crowd.

"I know. Can you believe it?" Spike broke character for a moment but went back as his accent returned. "During this frightful age, each of the three tribes – the Pegasi, the unicorns, and the Earth ponies – cared not for what befell the other tribes, but only for their own welfare." He spoke as each race revealed themselves. "In those troubled times, as now, the Pegasi were the stewards of the weather. But they demanded something in return: food that could only be grown by the Earth ponies. The unicorns demanded the same, in return for magically bringing forth day and night. And so, mistrust between the tribes festered until, one fateful day, it came to a boil. And what prompted the ponies to clash? 'Twas a mysterious blizzard that overtook the land, and toppled the tribes' precarious peace." The audience had taken all this in and whispered among each other on their thoughts upon the story. A moment later, Spike had continued.

"The normally industrious Earth ponies were unable to farm their land." Spike had told as harsh elements such a wind and snow had howled and fell as night falled. "The Earth ponies were freezing. The home of the Pegasi fared no better. The Pegasi were hungry. And the unicorns were freezing and hungry. Even the unicorns' magic was powerless against the storm. Each tribe blamed the others for their suffering, and the angrier everypony grew, the worse the blizzard became." Had Spike explained and shown forth the solution for this crisis.

"And so it was decided that a grand summit would be held by the old wise Traveler to figure out a way to cope with the blizzard. Each tribe sent their leaders. Daughter of the unicorn king, Princess Platinum. Ruler of the Pegasi, Commander Hurricane. And lastly.... leader of the Earth ponies, Chancellor Puddinghead. Perhaps the three tribes could finally settle their differences, and agree on a way to get through this disaster, with the Traveler's aid of course."

"All I wanna know is why the Earth ponies are hogging all the food!" Commander Hurricane had asked angrily towards the Chancellor. The Pegasi who gathered shouted loudly in response.

"Us?! We're not hogging all the food, you are! Oh, wait, you're right. It's us. Well, it's only 'cause you mean old Pegasusususes are making it snow like crazy!" Pudding Head had told in retort to the claim of Hurricane.

"For the hundredth time, it's not us! We're not making it snow! It must be the unicorns! They're doing it with their freaky magic!" The attention Hurricane now put it too was now the Unicorns, so Princess Platinum had now spoke up.

"How dare you! Unlike you Pegasi ruffians, we unicorns would never stoop to such a thing! H-m-ph!" The Princess had spoken up in defense of the Unicorns whom huffed after she had.

However before there was constant bickering and no solution. The Traveler had arrived through the door of the court, everypony's head had turned in surprise as the Traveler had arrived on scene. She was fashionably late for many reasons due to the weather and how far she had to go to get to this court. Approaching the table the three leaders had sat at, she placed a hand on the table from her cloaked hooded self to hide her identity and soon spoke softly.

"I hope I am not too late. So, my dear little ponies, what seems to be the problem?" The Traveler has spoken.

"The Traveler, thank goodness you are here. The Pegasi are making it snow so hard and the Earth Ponies are hogging all the food!" Princess Platinum had told to catch her up. But the Traveler had multiple inputs on the situation hit her as Hurricane and Puddinghead spoke next.

"Hey! We may be hoarding the food, but it's for the right reason since there is so little as is we can ration among our own kind!" Puddinghead spoke.

"And lastly, we pegasi aren't making it snow! Something else is making it happen, and since we can't say it's the unicorns since they're struggling just as much as the rest…. We have run out of solutions to make this any easier as we all are on the Brink of war honestly." Hurricane had spoken. It was then the Traveler had spoken on the situation.

"You all need not fight or war against each other since the real enemies are upon us, ancient creatures bread of a darkness so evil that it's being fueled by the negative energy you all are spreading and it must stop soon if you are all the see another season. So…" The Traveler had spoke but crossed her arms as she stood before all them.

"I propose one solution, if the earth ponies can ration out as much as you can to everypony else. And the Pegasi try their best to push back this weather so we all don't freeze. And that the unicorns can supply their magic abilities to help support the sick and wounded from everything that has happened. Other than that, this darkness will spread if you do not find a way to work together. Otherwise the next best solution, is to leave and settle elsewhere." The Traveler suggested these two ideas and so the three leaders huddled together for a short moment and spoke on agreement on one thing, that moving elsewhere is important for survival among themselves.

"Well dear Traveler, if you cannot stop the darkness, then I'm just plum out of ideas. And going with the second idea you proposed to find new land is perfect!" Puddinghead smiled and agreed upon this plan.

"What a shocker. An Earth pony with no ideas and can't decide for themselves." The Commander had mocked the Chancellor.

"Commander Hurricane, please cease with the insults! Plus if finding a new land to move to is the answer then we must take it! Cause if we can't ration out the food the earth ponies have, then we're doomed! I'm on the Traveler's idea of moving."

"First off, you're not the boss of me, your royal snootiness! And secondly, if we are going to move, it sure won't be together with you snobs!" Commander Hurricane had told which caused yet another arguement.

"I beg your pardon?! I am a princess! I won't be spoken to that way! And it's not like we unicorns wanted to move together as a group anyway with you pegasi or earth ponies!" Platinum retorted which caused another arguement to fly, in which the Traveler stomped her boot on the table before them all.

"Listen! If we all are able to survive this crisis, we must come with a diplomatic solution. But if you three are going to do nothing but insult each other then we aren't going to get anywhere! In which I will say this meeting is adjourned for now. Until then, return to your homes and stay warm. Harmony will be the other solution if we are to push back the dark." The Traveler had spoke in which all three leaders looked upon each other and nodded in agreement to it and had left.

"Well, I'm leaving first!"

"No, I'm first!"

"Dears, come now, you know it is I who is first upon leaving." In which the three leaders had departed, sort of since they struggled to see who'd be able to leave the courthouse first. The Traveler sighed and spoke.

"The darkness draws closer… we must all act fast if we are to endure." The Traveler had pushed the three out the door with her boot to stop them from continuing their bickering, and had disappeared in the snowy blizzard. All three had stood up on their hooves and made their seperate ways to their homes.

"And so… the blizzard raged on as this darkness began to spread further, the summit of the tribes did turn out okay. but not as okay as each race had hoped. Finding a new land was indeed going to be hard when escaping such evil." Spike monologued as the scene on stage changed one by one.

"And the three leaders returned home to lick their wounds... and basically complain. However the Traveler had observed each interaction of the three races through projections she created to send information back to her about what each race had planned. First was the Pegasi." Spike narrated as the Traveler's projections spread in three directions.

"Atten-tion!" The Commander had rushed by her second in command, Private Pansy. And spoke up to her as she rested on a cloud. In which she saluted but fell down from her cloud into a pile of snow. "Well? Aren't you curious about how it went?" She shouted at the Private.

"Oh! Commander Hurricane, sir! How did it go, sir?" Pansy asked. In which Hurricane swatted snow in anger, which hit and sat on Pansy's helmet.

"Horribly! Those other tribe leaders are so disrespectful! Don't they realize that we are a mighty tribe of warriors, and should not be crossed? We have got to break ranks with those weak foals!" hurricane spoke and swatted Pansy down the steps before her and landed back into the snow. The Projection of the Traveler had watched and Shook her head but watched closely.

Elsewhere in the kingdom of the unicorns, a castle door was now opened by the Princess, Platinum who called forth for her servant. The Traveler's projection there watched as well.

"Clover the Clever! I need you!" Platinum shouted out as when a cloaked lavender unicorn came over to help her. With a blanket in her magic grasp and a hot yet lukewarm barrel of water for the Princess's royal hooves as she rested on a pillow.

"Yes, your Majesty. Did the other pony tribes see reason as I predicted?" She had asked the Princess about how it went.

"Those other tribes are impossible! I, for one, can no longer bear to be anywhere near those lowly creatures. The unicorns are noble and majestic. We will no longer consort with the likes of them!" Princess Platinum told as she splashed her hooves in the warm water gathered by Clover. But splashed some on her Clover's face in the process. The Projection of the Traveler was not too pleased to hear these results either and Shook her head with a disappointed sigh.

Lastly, at the townhall office, where the Chancellor recided. The last projection with the little bit of hope that the earth ponies had an idea besides just bickering among themselves and not trusting the other races. The Projection followed Chancellor Pudding head, to the roof? And so the Chancellor went down the chimney with a serious and dusty thud, smiling all the way down. Her advisor, Smart Cookie waited by the door but soon turned around when she saw her and asked.

"Wouldn't it have been easier to use the door, Chancellor?" Smart Cookie had asked.

"Maybe for you, Smart Cookie. But I am a chancellor. I was elected because I know how to think outside the box. Which means…" The Chancellor had stuck her head in the chimney after coming out of it and spoke with a muffled but slightly echoey voice "I can also think inside the chimney. Can you think inside a chimney?" She had asked as she walked out.

"Uh…" Is all that came out of Smart Cookie before she was stopped by Puddinghead.

"I didn't think so." She spoke with an ash filled face.

"Ugh.." Smart Cookie had just looked around with concern as she didn't know how to respond on such a thing. But soon her attention had snapped when the Chancellor just had an idea come her way.

"Ohmygosh. Hold on to your hooves! I am just about to be brilliant!" Puddinghead enthusiastically spoke with a smile.

"That'd be a first." Smart Cookie said under her breath as she listened to the Chancellor.

"I have decided that the Earth ponies are gonna go it alone!" She had told as the final order.

"Aw, so you mean the other tribes didn't come around? Shoot... I really thought we could get through to 'em if we–" Smart Cookie was yet again cut off by Puddinghead as she got in her personal space and placed her hooves on her shoulders

"Don't worry about them. We're the ones with all the food, right?" Puddinghead spoke with a steady smile.

"Actually, we're all out." Cookie spoke dryly as she delivered to bad news to the Chancellor.

"Fine, then we'll have to go somewhere new where we can grow some new food. And with me as our fearless leader, what could go wrong?" Puddinghead spoke as she opened the front door and a mound of snow came hurling down on her.

"Where should I start?" Smart Cookie once again spoke under her breath about what has occured but snapped to Puddinghead as her head popped out of the top of the mound of snow.

"The point is… We must find a new land!" Puddinghead spoke, in which was the final solution. All three leaders came to it as thanks to the Traveler's idea first and foremost. It was good that the Traveler did get through to them a little bit, but the fact each race went on their own to find such a new place. Finding new land would be long, rough and tough for what is upon them. The Traveler's Projections followed each race on their mission, as fast as she could. However it was not easy to endure. Not due to the energy she used.

But for the sheer factor of how each race had fair'd and it caused many headaches of disappointment.

"C'mon, Private Pansy, let's get a move on! Hup-one, hup-two!" It followed upon Commander Hurricane as well as Private Pansy, The Commander tried to get the Private to fly faster so they can escape the horrible snowstorm brewing before them. A streak of lightning made the Private jump in the hooves of Hurricane who did not approve so well.

"Get a hold of yourself, Private! We cannot let anything distract us from the mission at hand. To find, and if necessary, to conquer a new land!" Hurricane told dropping the Private who was able to fly just fine after such a thing.

"Conquer, sir?" Pansy asked a bit concerned, as she didn't seem the thought of fighting.

"You never know where enemies might be lurking…" the Commander spoke in response as she looked around and about in the sky, as did the Private.

"I don't see any enemies, Commander. Just... snow." The Private had told in which the Commander had rushed into a dark cloud ahead of her full of intent of battle.

"A-ha! What's that?!" She struggled to break the dark cloud, in which it was just a cloud, not an enemy in sight but it shocked Private Pansy when a small patch of it was near her, making her leap into her hooves again.

"Okay. This is getting old… Let's go Private!" Hurricane told after dropping the Private as they pressed on.

Down below in the Forest, another projection of the Traveler followed Clover the Clever and Princess Platinum as they traversed the snow-capped tundra wilderness..

"Oh, this is simply taking forever. My hooves are killing me! How long have we been walking for?" Platinum complained to Clover.

"About five minutes, your highness." Clover answered as she moved a tree branch behind them and showed the castle was not out of view just yet.

“Oh, I never imagined finding a new land would be so hard. But it'll all be worth it, don't you agree?" Platinum asked as they trotted along the forest.

"Actually, I think that the three tribes could've tried harder." Clover told, placing her input on the situation.

"As do I sadly… " The Traveler's Projection had spoke softly out of their hearing range as it was next to Clover, however they each could not see it as it was invisible to their eye. However before more could be said from Clover, the Princess shrieked.

"Stoooooop!" She screamed in which Clover ran by the Princess's side.

"What's wrong, your highness?" She asked as she came to a halt.

"That is what's wrong!" Princess Platnum told as Water had come rushing down a small stream, as if she treated the situation like a roaring river. In which Clover the Clever had smiled and chuckled a little.

"Your Highness, it's just a stream. We can cross it easily." Clover had foretold as she did just that. However the Princess spoke about it otherwise.

"I refuse to get my gown wet. I have no intention of arriving at my new land looking like a bedraggled Earth pony, or worse yet a rough-and-tumble Pegasus. I, for one, have no intention of stooping down to their level. On the other hand, I have no trouble watching you stoop down." Platinum spoke hinting at something, Clover had groaned in annoyance as she was now saddled upon by the Princess and carried her across the Stream of water and further beyond.

"And do watch the gown, darling. It's worth more than all of the books in your library." Princess Platinum told as they pressed forward. The Traveler's projection following closeby if they need assistance on their adventure that they cannot conquer on their own.

Meanwhile the third projection followed behind Chancellor Puddinghead and Smart Cookie in the mountain range beyond the town they hailed from, leading in a path to the unknown. However, it seemed they weren't going to far as the projection Shook her head as well as Smart Cookie who had concerned looks on her face as she had litterally followed the Chancellor in circles. Considering the map Puddinghead had was attached to her face and had holes so she could see and speak with her muzzle peaking through.

"Yes, yes. This is definitely the right direction." Puddinghead mentioned.

"It feels like we're going in circles." Smart Cookie told.

"It's because you ARE going in Circles you two!" The Traveler's projection showed herself to them.

"But that's impossible! Also hello dear Traveler! Secondly are you two suggesting that I'm reading the map wrong?" She had asked the two of them.

"Absolutely not, your Chancellorness. It's just that there are holes in the map, and–" Smart Cookie told in which the Traveler added.

"So you are losing your sense of direction since even though you put holes in the map which was a bad idea, you can't see the map at all!" The Traveler shook her head and sighed once again and was sadden by such a sight.

"Well… Of course! How else could I see where I was going?" She asked the two of them

"Yeah, uh– well…" Smart Cookie had been cut off as she saw the Chancellor walk near a Cliff edge but stopped before falling off as a bit of snow came down.

"Or talk? I need to be able to talk! I mean, how would we survive if I just suddenly shut up?" The Chancellor spoke in which Smart Cookie retorted.

"Heaven forbid that should happen, your chancellorship." She spoke sarcastically.

"You're also forgetting one thing… the map you are using not only has holes in it, but is upside down too." The Traveler's Projection spoke crossing it's arms as she Shook her head.

"Well I got a newsflash for you, Traveler. The Earth is round. There is no up or down." Puddinghead told which made sense but no sense at all.

"Well yes but no, however–!" The Traveler's Projection was about to go on a rant but Smart Cookie just put a hoof to her saying it wasn't worth it and spoke with a wink.

"You're right! After all, It's such a relief to me that you're in charge of this map…" Smart Cookie told as she looked up at the mountain.

"Relief?!" The Chancellor walked ahead but walked backwards fastly towards Smart Cookie in a slightly annoyed tone. "You don't need relief! If anypony needs relief around here, it's me! I'm a chancellor! I'm a bigshot! You're just my, um... my, uh…" Puddinghead forgot Smart Cookie's role in which she told her.

"Secretary." Smart Cookie told softly and so the Chancellor Shook her head.

"Yes, whatever!" In which she bit onto the map, crumpled it a little bit and spat it out on Smart Cookie's face which is stuck to. And now a new order was given. "You take the map Smart Cookie, while I enjoy some relief." Chancellor Puddinghead walked towards the Cliff and fell off, but the Projection of the Traveler caught her and floated her back up and she smiled.

"Yes, Chancellor Puddinghead." Smart Cookie told as she made sense of the map. Spike then continued with his monologue

"And so, each leader encountered obstacles along the way, thanks to the Traveler's Projections it made it much easier on them. Not for the Traveler at times however, but eventually, they all arrived in a new and wondrous land. Nopony had ever seen paradise before." Spike had told the crowd, in which this new land was indeed paradise, the land in which would be Equestria as it is what it is now today.

"This is the new land we've been searching for!" It would seem Hurricane and Pansy were the first to arrive on this newly found land. However the Traveler could tell otherwise that each race was lead here by her to escape the darkness that followed.

"What a view... I can see my future house from here." Private Pansy commented and which the Commander staked their flag upon this place.

"I proclaim this new land to be in the name of all pegasi... Pegasopolis!" She told flying her banner in the clouds above the land.

Closeby, another one of the Traveler's projections lead the unicorns to the same place at a nearby mine hoarded with gemstones. Something Princess Platinum took much interest in.

"I've never seen such jewels! This ruby is dazzling. This whole land is dazzling. I'm double dazzled!" She squealed in delight. "In the name of the unicorns, I hereby dub this land Unicornia!" She told as Clover the Clever staked their banner on the soil of the landpath full of gemstones. Lastly the Third and final Projection followed Chancellor Puddinghead and Smart Cookie to a meadow in the middle of all of the three leaders, it was only a matter of time before they discovered one another.

"The air! The trees! The dirt! This dirt is the dirtiest dirt in the whole dirt world!" Puddinghead had grasped each detail thoroughly till she plopped into the fertile dirt beneath her hooves. It was so pure that when Smart Cookie let a small patch rest on her hoof, it started to flurish with greenery like no other.

"And fertile, too. Perfect for growing food." Smart Cookie told as she observed the soil on her hoof flourish to a small plant.

"In the name of all Earth ponies, I think I'm gonna call this new place... uh... Dirtville!" Puddinghead smiled proudly of her name, however Smart Cookie had another suggestion that fit better.

"How about… "Earth" instead your Chancellorship?" She asked.

"Earth! Congratulations to me for thinking of it." She told letting her hat fall off and their banner for Earth Ponies rise high up from the fertile dirt.

"We found our new home!" The three leaders shouted in which they all noticed themselves. It was then the Traveler had appeared before them clapping with a smile but soon it turned to a serious expression once she stopped.

"You all have indeed, but the real question you should be asking now. Who has the real rights to fly their banner?" The Traveler asked crossing her arms.

"Well, I planted my flag first!" Commander Hurricane claimed.

"Did not! It was us Unicorns who did!" Princess Platinum told in defense of their flag planted on the ground.

"We planted ours much earlier than first." Chancellor Puddinghead told with a smile.

"The point being you all arrived at the same time! So in a way, you all discovered this place together without knowing it. Unicorns, Earth Ponies, Pegasi. You all have a stake in this." The traveler had spoken which gave them all a thought, in which Princess Platinum spoke first.

"Not to be rude to at all dear Traveler, but the rest of you riffraffs are trespassing in Unicornia!" She had claimed.

"The name is Pegasopolis!" Commander Hurricane claimed.

"Earth!" Puddinghead stoke her claim on the name of the new land as well, this debate however did not last long as Commander Hurricane proposed the ultimatum.

"I say we fight for the land. May the best pony win!" However this proposal lead to drastic repercussions as the weather slowly took a turn for the worse. The Traveler was the first to notice it.

"No no no… You all must stop! The darkness is drawing near with your hatred for one another!" The Traveler pleaded for each race to not do battle with one another, but it seemed too late as they were caught in their own tangents.

"That's barbaric. Clover the Clever, throw that brute into the dungeon!" Princess Platinum was ready to cower away and put her assistant before in battle.

"What dungeon? Look, the Traveler is right! We have to find a better solution than war, perhaps if we all calmed down… We can think this out?" Clover the Clever offered.

"I agree. Let's all calm down and think it through please." Smart Cookie had agreed upon this.

"I vote for calm and thinking it through and through." Private Pansy was for this idea, however it seemed the Commander did not approve of this.

"I'll have you court-martialed for insubordination, Private! We settle this on the battlefield!" Before another word got out it seemed the war had started since a snowball was thrown and wacked across the commander's helmet, wait… Snowball? In which the Princess Laughed but soon stopped as one hit her as well in the muzzle.

"Who dares throw a snowball at royalty?!" She shrieked as Commander Hurricane laughed but stopped when Puddinghead did beg the question of snow.

"Wait a minute, where'd all this snow come from anyway?" She had asked. But the answer soon turned on them with an answer.

"The negative energy you all displayed is becoming your downfall… The Darkness, has brung forth it's answer…" The Traveler told to them as the elements brought forth wind and snow, along with the ancient creatures who brought it forth.

"And so the paradise that the ponies had found was soon lost, buried beneath a thick blanket of snow and hard feelings. Instead of beautiful, it was blizzardy. Instead of wonderful, it was wintry! Instead of spectacular, it was snow-tacular! Instead of–" Spike was cut off when one of the audience peonies who had enough of this monologuing dragging out too far and shouted.

"We get it! Move on!" And so Spike did, clearing his throat.

"The Traveler had everypony who was accounted for to seek shelter immediately. Searching high and low, the only shelter that could be found for miles was a cold and desolate cave. And, of course, under no request from the Traveler to say otherwise, the three tribes were forced to share the cave, and nopony was too happy about that. But it had to be done if they were to survive the Darkness and it's cold wintery storms." Spike told, setting the scene as the Traveler gathered the unicorns, pegasi and earth ponies into the cave. It was dry none the less but was indeed cold. So they had to huddle up for warmth, the Traveler stood near the entrance to keep watch of the storm to see if it would pass soon.

"Please, Commander Hothead." Platinum requested of the Pegasus Commander.

"It's Commander Hurricane." She corrected the Princess as she got her face. And so the Princess restated after clearing her throat.

Please, Commander, could you just stand back and give me my royal space?" She requested firmly in which Hurricane pushed it.

"You mean like this, your highness?" Hurricane told stepping closer to Platinum on purpose. Which the Princess pushed her hoof back and explained.

"Indeed not! You see this invisible line?" She said pointing in the dirt beneath their hooves. In which it was now taken to the extreme.

"Private, outline our territory for everypony to see." Hurricane ordered Pansy to draw a line in dirt, doing so. Hurricane helped speed it up by grabbing her flanks and dragging her across the ground to mark the line. "See this real, non-invisible line? No unicorns or Earth ponies are allowed to cross it! This is the sovereign territory of Pegasopolis!" In which the rest of the leaders took action as Commander Hurricane layed out the law before them.

"Clover the Clever?" Platinum had ordered Clover to do the same.

"Uh... Smart Cookie!" As Puddinghead told her as well.

"I know, I know." They both told as they Drew line after line in the dirt. The two accidentally crossed paths and soto compensate, the two went the opposite directions. Private Pansy marked more territory but hit an obstacle. A rock in the way of the line. And so the went around the rock but Hurricane disapproved of this action.

"What are you doing? Don't go around the rock, go over it! I'm not giving up an inch of territory to the enemy!" She told angrily at the Private for doing such a thing.

"That rock was clearly on the Unicornia side of the cave, and so it belongs to us!" Platinum told as she claimed the rock from the rest. And whispered to Clover "Who knows? There could be jewels inside." She told in which now the Commander took the rock from them.

"I claim this rock for Pegasopolis!" She told as she held it away from the unicorns.

"Unhand my rock this instant, you scoundrelist brute!" She shouted. And so Commander Hurricane was caught blindly by the Chancellor next who took the rock while saying

"Oh, look, you found my rock. I've been looking for it everywhere!" And took off with incredible speed back on her territory of the cave.

"Hey! You invaded our territory!" Hurricane shouted with anger.

"Finders keepers, losers weepers!" Puddinghead taunted with a smile as all ever.

"That's the last straw!" Hurricane took the offensive and crossed the borderline between her land and the others to claim the rock back. In which the Traveler finally took notice.

"Give me my rock!" Princess Platinum shouted as they ran around the cave chasing each other over a rock.

"What is going on here!?" The Traveler shouted in shock of what was going on as she returned inside the cave where they resided. Dropping whatever firewood she had to start a fire to keep them warm to survive the night and come up with a solution.

"They're fighting over a rock dear Traveler." Clover the Clever told with a worried and yet confused expression to the situation.

"It's just gettin' plain childish at this point for them to fight. They're like foals. Look at em." Smart Cookie told as the three leaders ran a mock in the cave. Stomping and running all over the lines of supposive territory around the cave floor.

"I just wish the fight would just end… " Private Pansy cried a little as she did not like the feeling of this much conflict, especially over child like reasons like who took who's rock and such else. However it did not last long for the darkness had found them and started to freeze the cave. The Traveler took first glance at this and stood away from the entrance and is now in the middle of the cave.

"Everypony stop!!" She shouted and they did so. "Look! The entrance is freezing over… No… This has all happened before… Just like with my race of people before yours… Constant war and fighting, it was not the wars that drove my people to extinction… It was the darkness that came and whipped us out" the Traveler fell to her knees sadden as she is now reliving such a horrible fate.

"Great. So what you're saying is there's no way out!? And… We're trapped..?" Commander Hurricane told a bit shocked since this maybe the end for them all.

"Seeing how this all turned out, You two deserve this horrible fate. You've done nothing but argue and fight with each other!" Princess Platinum retorted on this situation.

"Like you're any better than the rest of us! You've been fighting too, your Highness." Hurricane had told to the Princess of what has truly happening, this really is the end for them.

"Yeah! Worse! I haven't been fighting nearly as much as you!" Puddinghead shouted out, however it seemed to really be the end for the leaders as they each had begun to be incased in ice due to their negative emotions towards one another.

"How ridiculous! A unicorn never stoops to fighting!" Platinum told as they froze up slowly but surely from head to hoof.

"That's just 'cause you wimpy unicorns know you'd never win!" Commander Hurricane had shouted her last words before submitting to her fate. "Earth ponies are numbskulls!" As did the other leaders as they were in cased in ice.

"Pegasi are brutes!" Princess Platinum shouted as she was frozen for good as it seemed.

"Unicorns are snobs!" Puddinghead uttered out as she too met her fate in a frozen casket of ice.

The remaining pony's soon backed into the Traveler and shrieked a little from them touching her. But soon claimed down to see it was just themselves. However the roars of the ancient creatures got all their attention as they shrieked and shivered against the Traveler's body in her grasp. They all looked up.

"W-W-What are those... things?" Private Pansy spoke as they looked upon them.

"They must be... Windigos!" Clover the Clever was right about these creatures being indeed the ancient snow spirits that feed off hate and negative emotion.

"Windigos?" Pansy and Smart Cookie asked about them.

"My mentor Star Swirl the Bearded taught me about them. They're winter spirits that feed off fighting and hatred. The more hate the spirit feels, the colder things become!" Clover explained. Which all made sense to everypony in the room.

"It's the same fate… My people faced a millennium ago, how the darkness fed on our negative emotion and sent forth the Wendigos to freeze our people in icy tombs. Many of my people perished… And only I… The Traveler, managed to survive this fate when three others I faced with surrounded me in positive energy to push them back to the hell they were sent from, a sacrifice I will never forget." The Traveler told her tale and soon the ice had formed around them all. As it too was about to be their end. "Now seeing this… I fear… That won't save us this time. I am very sorry to all of you, it's my fault that I couldn't do much to prevent this my dear little ponies, I really am…"

"No dear Traveler, it's not you to blame... this is our fault. We three tribes... we brought this blizzard to our home by fightin' and not trustin' each other. Now it's destroyin' this land that we now call our home, too." Smart Cookie explained to the Traveler that it was not her fault nor her burden to bare again.

"We wouldn't Dare blame you for our mistakes as history repeats itself. We now suffer this fate on our accord. Letting our bodies become as cold as our hearts... all because we were all too foolish enough to hate one another. You are not the one who caused this. Many thought you were a foolish prophet who spoke of Harmony, but we did not listen and so we must pay the price.

"Well, to tell you all the truth. I don't hate you at all... I actually hate Commander Hurricane a lot more than I ever thought of hating you guys. And the same to you dear Traveler." In which those words from Private Pansy hit the other three. They all chuckled lightly.

"Actually, I don't really hate her, I just really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really dislike her. But I still respect and love her as a fellow pony." All of them laughed but agreed on this.

"Well, I don't hate you guys either." Smart Cookie told smiling.

"Nor do I. And from what I can say for all of us, we don't hate you either dearest Traveler." Clover the Clever spoke out as their bodies soon were encased in ice. The Traveler removed her hood to expose her face, her long spiky long hair showed her features as being a primal based lifeform.

"You… Don't hate me? Even after all I tried to do and failed… You still like me?" She asked, tearing up a bit as the ice all came to their neck levels.

"Of course! No matter what our differences, we're all folks who want nothing but harmony." Smart Cookie told as they all closed their eyes in a smile as they were soon incased in ice.

"Harmony… " The Traveler spoke as her eyes closed, however they were all not incased in ice much longer. Suddenly a wave of energy emitted from the Clover the Clever's horn that ignited something in the traveler as well. It was at this point the Traveler's Super Transformation powers had awoken. A whirl of energy sounded off in the cave and a flare of purple and golden energy bursted in the cave. The ice broken off the bodies of the four individuals.

"No! I will not let History repeat itself!" The Traveler told as she crossed her arms in an x formation and powered up, her aura bursting gold and electricity roaring and pushing the dark back with her light. Clover the Clever right behind her with her own spell had thwarted the Windigos from pushing any further. Soon the energy focused in the Traveler.

"Nrerggg… Gahhhhhhhhhhh!!!" She raised her arms up high as a big blinding flash of red energy in the shape of a circle blinded the Windigos as they whined in terror of such energy that is obliterated them on contact. "Dahhhhhhahhhhhhh!!!" The Traveler screamed as the power of the Super Saiyan roared outwards. Soon after the dust settled. The magical power heart that Clover the Clever had made combined with the Traveler's Super Transformation of light combined. It was so powerful, the energy radiating off the Traveler pulsed and sounded with chimed bell noises from how harmonic the energy she pushed out. But soon she transformed out of it as the heart spell kept the energy the Traveler exhorted out and drove the darkness back.

"What was that?" Private Pansy asked as she and Smart Cookie came near Clover and the Traveler.

"I didn't know such harmonic power existed. Nor did I think unicorn magic could do that. And the Traveler… Dear Traveler, who and what are you really? I never seen such light before, you've changed." Smart Cookie told.

"I don't know… And who am I…?" The Traveler smiled lightly "I am the one very last of my kind that ruled these lands before your people came to be of here. Ones only talked about in your old ponish languages. A race of warriors fighting the darkness for as long as time began, I am truth. I am an Ally to good, and a Nightmare to evil!" She shouted as the power came back to her and she transformed. Holding it this time and calming her aura. In which the three ponies who were there witnessed this and smiled at this beacon of hope.

"We see… I didn't think your kind still roamed this world. Nothing like this has happened in nearly a thousand years. But I know this couldn't have been anything else but destiny." Clover the Clever had approached the Traveler's side as she kneeled down to their level.

"It came from all four of us, joined together, in Harmony as you put it." Clover told but it was then the Traveler spoke further on it.

"No...not just Harmony dear little Pony, this. This is Friendship. A Friendship between four different races, no matter who they are. Friendship is always not too far away from us! I wish my people could see this." The Traveler spoke about it.

"I am sure they already have." Private Pansy spoke about them.

"And I reckon they are darn tootin' proud of ya." Smart Cookie told in which all four of them held hoof to fist, and all pounded them together. Keeping harmony and balance between them as they survived the might of the darkness, together.

"All through the night, the three ponies and the ancient Traveler kept the fire of friendship alive by telling stories to one another and by singing songs by a campfire, which of course became the winter carols that we all still sing today by our chimney fireplaces. Eventually, the warmth of the fire and singing and laughing reached the leaders, and their bodies began to thaw." Spike paused and cleared this throat before speaking normally and not in accent. "And it even began to melt their hearts." He continued back in character. "The three leaders agreed to share the beautiful land, and live in harmony ever afterwards." He told as the six ponies came together with the Traveler and forged a new banner, a Banner that would long be held.

"And together, they named their new land…" He finished off as the cast of the six ponies and Saiyan sounded off the name they had come up with together.

"Equestria!" They all shouted in which the curtain closed but soon Re opened as all eight of which had told the story bowed before the crowd. And after the bells chimed and the cast sung one last song, and confetti lined the stage. The audience cheered for such a prime performance, it would seem Syera, Twilight Sparkle, Spike, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash as well as Applejack, Fluttershy and Rarity would retell this tale at least more than once from how this show went on. Backstage the group gathered to talk about how the show cycled through and it was indeed a success to withhold.

"We should be so honored that Princess Celestia chose us! She must really think we exemplify what good friends are!" Twilight had spoken about their friendship.

"I sure can agree with such an honor. no only representing not only the elements of harmony, but the true stepping Stones of what Friendship really boils down to." Syera told smiling as she removed the cloak from her outfit and changed back into her normal clothes, her Gi and Boots and gloves.

"I couldn't agree with you more Syera." Fluttershy told.

"Indeedly so!" Pinkie told hugged Rarity but soon let go after the windows blew open gusting heavy winds again and snow.

"Applejack, I thought you closed all the windows." Rarity claimed to her earthpony friend.

"Don't blame me. Rainbow Dash should've flown up there and shut it. After all, she's got wings." Applejack commented on the situation at hand. She was indeed right that Rainbow would be better at doing such a chore since they were quite high.

"Why do I always have to do all the high up chores? Why can't Twilight use her magic for a change!" Rainbow told which caused a whole string of arguments to uproar. However the six stopped when they all hear the familiar sound of the Windigos roaring outside. But what quieted the Windigos was Syera as she screamed and roared right back as her Super Saiyan power bloomed out the room and through the windows.

"Dragghhhhhhhh!!!!" Syera shrieked as she powered up slightly, her aura chiming as it did before which was indeed new. She looked back at her friends with a smile and a wink and they all smiled back at her as Rainbow then stood up to the problem.

"Y'know what? I got it." Rainbow Dash told as she flew past Syera and shut the windows, the Super Saiyan going out as she did and all they could do was laugh it off. Syera however looked out the window at the magic heart that Twilight had casted in the show. Showing that harmony was indeed still here in Equestria today and could still rain down strong in generations to come. However, she could only imagine what the future held.

Only thing left now was the get that Hot Coco she wanted.

"So, how about we get ourselves a good cup of hot Coco girls?" She suggested and they all cheered in delight as they did just that. After getting the commemorating gift of actors of the year that is from the two Royal Princess sisters for such an act. Thereafter, Syera and her friends enjoyed a beautiful hearth's warming in Canterlot. Where bells rung as midnight struck and carols were sung throughout the night.

Until it hit Dawn where they woke up around the hearth's warming tree and opened gifts and wished each other "Happy Hearth's Warming!"

Now that the holidays have been concluded this time around, what awaits Syera and the rest of her friends and Sister Twilight Sparkle?

Find out next time, in the adventures of the Equestrian Saiyan!

PreviousChapters Next