• Published 30th Jan 2016
  • 4,607 Views, 146 Comments

Syera: The Equestrian Saiyan - SolidSparkle117



Syera, one of the last Saiyans sent to Equestria and her Destiny lies ahead with Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Applejack and most importantly Princess Celestia, Princess Luna Shining Armor and Princess Cadence

  • ...
19
 146
 4,607

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 26: The perfect pet is only fantasy, Syera and Rainbow Dash's companion search!

Last Time on Syera: The Equestrian Saiyan
Princess Luna had made her appearance in Ponyville during the most infamous night of the year.

Nightmare Night!

The day of the year where it celebrates the legends of the living horror, Nightmare Moon for whom would be offered goodies from young foals and fillies dressed in disguises as monsters themselves and lived to tell the tale of surviving Nightmare Night. However this time around, a truth came when Princess Luna showed those at Ponyville that she was not the same mare as depicted by the legend of Nightmare Moon.

Thanks to the help of Syera and Twilight Sparkle, Nightmare Night has a new and improved viewpoint on not only the celebration but the real princess of the night.

As time passed from the event, new adventures lie ahead of Syera, Twilight and friends. What is currently going on with the element bearers?

Find out, Now!

Cue intro music - The perfect pet is only fantasy, Syera and Rainbow Dash's companion search!

"Haaaaaaa!!!" Was heard coming when Syera and Rainbow Dash were racing each other up and down in the sky. Rainbow Dash with her lightning-esk speed with Syera's Super Saiyan speed and ability boosts, the two were soaring the skies like none other.

"Yeah!" They both screamed in joy as they sailed, however something odd came into play. It was Twilight's pet owl, Owlowiscious. He is Twilight's number 2 assistant that came around a few weeks ago. Though with a bit of misconfusion and Spike running away thinking Twilight replaced him and Syera beating up a dragon that Spike stumbled upon in a cave full of gems. Owlowiscious then got the roll of being number 2 since he helps Twilight on late night assignments

"Hoo" he chirped out.

"Hoo? Oh wait, Owlowiscious it's you." Syera told smiling as she noticed the owl in question between her and Rainbow Dash.

"Hey Syera! Let's see if he can keep up with us!" Rainbow Dash smirked as she rushed ahead.

"Yes, come on Owlowiscious, let's see what you got!" with a power boost and her aura flaring up, Syera rushed along with Dash and Owlowiscious was holding his own, it was very impressive. However then they hear a familiar bark, it was AJ's dog.

"Wait, Winona?" Rainbow Dash asked. But then something even more weird came about.

"Not just Winona, her head… on Owlowiscious' body?!" Syera shrieked a bit shocked and confused.

"Uh… Is this weird or is it just me Syera?" Rainbow asked confused on what was going on.

"No, it's not just you. Look! It's… Angel??" Syera saw the alligator's body appear with the head of the adorable bunny now appear.

"And Gummy?" Rainbow saw his come next. What is going on?

"Uh… Look, Rainbow Dash I think we just entered in sync with weirdness but full on Wacky land." Syera asked crossing her arms as they stopped and witnessed this together. However it took a turn when the bunny head of Angel opened his mouth and out from the abomination of all the pets was a hissing Opalescence and raised her claws and swiped at the two.

"Ahhh!!" The two screamed and were knocked down and out of the air and they both ended up falling into an abyss of darkness as they both woke up from napping in a tree on some branches that seemed quite comfortable. Until the hissing of Opalescence woke them up.

"Dash!"
"Syera!"

The two screamed each other's names and looked at each other and sighed in relief since it seemed they both napped in the same spot. Weird, they don't even remember falling asleep. Both looked in the direction of all the pets looking up at them and Opal.

Soon afterwards it seemed the owners of the pets were able to assess the situation at hand and settle down the pets that chased poor Opal up the tree our Cyan Pegasus and Saiyan comrade were napping.

It was Twilight, Pinkie, Rarity and Applejack as well as Fluttershy who all came and calmly collected their pets back in order.

After a yawn Syera had, she greeted her friends with Rainbow Dash.

"Hmm, oh hey girls." She waved to them. They all waved back and smiled.

"Alright, let's get this thing started." Applejack told as Pinkie laughed in joy for what they're about to do.

"Sincerest apologies, Rainbow Dash as well as you too Syera, if our pets were bothering your rest." Rarity told as she got Opal out of the tree and she meowed in comfort now. "Now, say you're sorry Opal." She hissed at such a remark towards the saiyan and Pegasus. "She's sorry, I hope…"

"That is completely fine Rarity but the real question me and Dash both have is what are you all doing here?" Syera asked a bit confused on what was going on as she and the Pegasus got out of the tree.

"Are you having some sort of pet event or something?" Rainbow asked.

"Well yeah actually. We always round up our critters for a regular ol' Pony Pet Playdate in this park every week." Applejack explained to the two.

"You two didn't know? I could have sworn you both did." Fluttershy was baffled at the moment by the news but it was easily clarified.

"Well, we had initially planned on inviting you two, of course, except–" Twilight was then cut off as Pinkie did her thing on explaining the situation.

"We were totally gonna invite you two gals, then Twilight remembered that you don't even have a pet, and Rarity remembered that Syera likes to train at this point in the afternoon while Rainbow Dash really like to take naps in the afternoon. So, Applejack figured you wouldn't be missing out on anything anyway, and Fluttershy and I nodded our heads in agreement like this." Pinkie Pie finished as she nodded and moved Fluttershy's head with her hooves up and down to match her nodding.

"Oh, please don't be angry at us you two." Fluttershy pleaded as her head was still nodding in aftermath from Pinkie's antics of over explanation.

"Technically we have no reason to be mad, also yeah I did train around this time but… I had a training partner which was Rainbow Dash but we took a break and I guess that's how we both ended up snoozing." Syera chuckled to herself as did Rainbow Dash.

"Yeah, it was great and a lot of fun but I guess we did get a bit worn out. Either way you are right about us not being able to participate in such an act since we both don't own pets." Rainbow Dash finished off.

"Yes… Unfortunately." Syera told feeling a bit down and left out but she never thought of owning a pet so it didn't seem much of a big deal.

"Eeexactly. So, if'n ya'll excuse us…" Applejack told concluding the conversation when all the evidence was presented. The ponies and their pets got onward with their business. However this left both Rainbow Dash and Syera in a bit of deep thought.

As the ponies were about to play with their pets, Syera had something to say.

"Wait! Girls, just cause Rainbow and I don't own a pet as of now… does not mean we don't ever want one." Syera explained.

"Yeah! We just… Haven't found one that happens to be cool, and awesome that fits around our lifestyle or at least just having one in general that we like". Rainbow confessed at the moment, however this news has hit Fluttershy the hardest with excitement beyond anything they both seen before.

"You really want a pet? Really? 'Cause I've got so many wonderful choices at my house! Oh, and I know you'll just love them! And they'll love you! Oh, and you'll be best friends forever and ever! Oh!" Fluttershy pushed along both Syera and Rainbow Dash to her cottage at the edge of town.

"Oh hay… " Rainbow Dash sighed internally at this.

"Here we go again… " Syera finished off as they were pushed ahead and after one good sing along. It seemed Rainbow Dash and Syera were not able to find their pet of choice just yet. Though at the end of the sing along, it seemed Rainbow got an idea.

"What to do, what to do?" Rainbow murmured but then gasped at the spark came to light.

"A prize! That's it! There's really just one way
To find out which animal's best. Hold a contest of speed, agility, and guts. That will put each pet to the test?" Rainbow sang forward following up with Fluttershy.

"Don't forget style, that should be considered" Then after came Syera

"Then we'll know for sure who's the real best of the litter!" Syera told singing with a forward cartwheel as she walked near some of the animals and held her finger out for one of the birds.

"The one who is awesome as cool" Fluttershy came back in.

"As are we!" Syera and Rainbow sang as they had their backsides pressed against each other."

"Can't settle for less, 'cause we're the best!" The two sang as Fluttershy came in and they all sang together.

"So a contest we will see!"

"Who's the number one, greatest, perfectest pet in the world for me! So may the games begin!" They all sang at the end and then Syera and Rainbow Dash finished with "And may the best pet win!"

"alright, so let's do this!" Syera told excitedly. "But… how shall we lay out this contest first of all Rainbow?" The saiyan asked a bit confused on the contest idea.

"Leave it to me, Fluttershy, round up a hand full of these guys, Syera you come with me." Dash told as Syera followed her and got into the same flow and mind-set as her before the contest starts, look for the pet with the best of the best qualities.

"So remind me Dash, what are we looking for exactly in our new pets?" Syera asked as she adjusted the hat she had on her head, it was a similar one that Rainbow had, only Syera had a tracksuit on as if she was a coach.

"I'll explain once Fluttershy arrives with the line-up." Rainbow told as she was stretching and warming up for this session to find the best pet, it was then she gave Syera a clipboard with a paper result sheet along with a pen. "Hmm, what's this?"

"This is to score each pet Fluttershy brings, write down the name of each creature and score them according to each challenge." Rainbow explained, soon later Fluttershy arrived with multiple types of animals, ranging from all shapes, sizes and species. And so as each pet assembled, Rainbow Dash then blew her whistle to signal their attention.

"So! You all think you've got what it takes to be my pet, do ya? Well, we'll just see about that! If any of you don't think you can handle it, bow out now before you humiliate yourself in front of your peers." Rainbow Dash explained as she looked over each pet with a Stern look.

"This competition isn't for the weak. You'd better be prepared to step up your game and bring your best. Don't make me spell it out now." Syera told smiling with a serious expression as she tapped the pen on the clipboard to let them know it'll be tough, but fun.

"That's right." Rainbow told as she then got in one of the pet's face, a butterfly at that and questioned how he was flapping his wings. "You call that flapping?!" and so it flapped a bit faster. "That's better. There's only room on my Team and Syera's for one of you, and our future pet needs to be able to take it to the extreme!" Rainbow Dash told finishing it off.

"Ok, with that all said and done, do you have any questions?" Syera asked the pets before her. Though some chatter was said by the pony's who observed.

"I got one. Do the two of them fully understand what a pet really needs?" Applejack whispered, Syera listened in and took notes.

"Yeah, like care and attention, love and affection– Ugh! And breath mints!" Twilight told after she got licked on the cheek by Winona, her canine breath must've been kinda wicked at the moment.

"Now, you just pay attention, and try your best." Fluttershy told as she brought the most unlikely pet of all to the fray, a tortoise.

"Seriously, Fluttershy! The turtle? What did you bring that thing here for?" Rainbow Dash complained and was annoyed that this tortoise is even considered a candidate for this competition.

"he's a Tortoise technically, and he's always dreamed of being somepony's pet. He just wants a chance to compete, he won't get in the way. You won't even know he's here." She told as she cleaned and spotted any dirt off his shell.

"I will, I have to keep track of all the participants. Alright, Tortoise added to the list." Syera told smiling and gave a thumbs up after she wrote it down.

"No." Rainbow Dash said in an annoyed tone of voice.

"Oh, just let him try." Fluttershy begged.

"Ugh, but there's no way he can possibly keep up. Look at him!" Rainbow Dash explained as she lightly tapped the green little guy and he flipped to his side and back.

"It won't hurt to let him try." Fluttershy told again as she was not taking no for an answer.

"But–" Rainbow was about to retort but Fluttershy egged it on even more.

"Just let him try?" Fluttershy smiled as she put the poor tortoise in Rainbow Dash's face.

"Come on Rainbow, let's at least give the little guy this shot. I mean what has he to lose? And who knows, he might surprise us both in some sort of way." Syera explained with a smile.

"Ugh… Fine." Dash finally agreed to let the tortoise enter the competition. "But don't say I didn't warn you! This isn't just a game, you know!" She told as she got in the tortoise's face. Then proceeded onward with what is expected.

"Alright Dash, let's explain to these guys what were looking for in them." Syera told with a determined look.

"Yeah, now these performances will test you all in ways you didn't think were possible. And overall, what me and Syera here are looking for in just one of you." Rainbow explained as she bolted at a high burst of speed.

"Speed!" She called out and then Syera performed the next one, where she did a few fast cartwheels and gymnastic type tricks with absolute agility and focused posture and landed on her feet before them.

"Agility!" Syera called out. Rainbow rushed back and posed along with Syera with a strong posture.

"Guts!" She screamed out followed with Syera powering up to a Super Saiyan.

"Power!" Syera smirked as her aura popped and the ground near all of them lightly rumbled with her power.

"Style!" Rainbow chimed out next as she flew to one of the clouds up high and sculpted it out to look like a Pegasus pony.

"And last." Syera told crossing her arms, still in Super Saiyan as Dash landed to her.

"But not least." She chimed out and in unison they both spared lightly and playfully, each of their kicks and blows connected and a small shockwave came out between their auras as the last blow between their legs was hit and collided with each other, Syera was out of Super Saiyan at that point.

"Quality" They both smirked as they finished and each of the pets were awestruck. But of course they had a few more to share.

"And we can't forget about Coolness." Rainbow Dash called out.

"As well as Awesomeness!" Syera told as she stretched and then jumped next to Rainbow at the same time with a hoof and fist high in the air.

"Lastly, Radicalness!" Rainbow explained as she and Syera both put on a pair of their favorite shades and flipped their hats backwards and posed in a really radical fashion.

"Aren't those all the same thing?" Twilight proceed to ask the two of them.

"well… Yes and no." Syera told with a chuckle as she rubbed the back of her head while thinking of it.

"I mean you would think they are Twilight, which is why you won't be qualified to be my pet." Rainbow Dash explained petting Twilight on the head and ruffling her mane before flying off and leading the pets to the first test, for Speed. A nearby track and field course served as their racing ground.

"Alright, the Speed Test!" Syera told as she was ready to log the results for this one.

"On your marks.." Rainbow called out.

"Get Set!" Syera told with a race flag in her hand and the result clipboard in the other. With a whistle blow and flag wave.

"GO!" Syera screamed out excitedly and each pet was off for a full lap around the long track and field. One by one each contestant came across with their time logged and everything. Each one made it and finished at a very decent time, though the Tortoise wasn't doing so well but gave it his best.

"Alright results in, and as far as speed goes. The falcon took this one by far. The eagle second, the Duck third and the owl, fourth. Each and everyone of did great." Syera smiled as she looked over each of the pets, though she couldn't get the sense off her mind that she may have already made up her mind of which pet she wanted. But she just wanted to go along with Rainbow's competition idea first and foremost since it was a lot of fun.

"Tsk tsk… That is just sad" Rainbow Dash told as the tortoise however barely made it a few steps across the start/finish line.

"I'll just mark him as finished Dash, no need to be too hard on em." Syera told as she scribbled the results down.

"Ok, let's move on to the next test!" Rainbow Dash called out as the pets rounded up and they all followed the pegasus pony and Saiyan to the next course.

"This will test your agility, do your best!" Syera called out to them all as the obstacles ahead were pretty versatile. Hoops as well as rings and polls, even small tight tunnels that seemed impossible to get through were truly acts of agility to get through.

One by one again, the pets showed their endurance of agility to Syera and Rainbow Dash, the most agile happened to be the hummingbird this time around, the owl, falcon and eagle were just behind along with the wasp, toucan as well as the butterfly and well… The tortoise surprisingly. Even though he barely even was able to jump.

"very nice to all of you, but still needs work. The Hummingbird was best out of all of you." Syera tallied up the points and results.

"Though the opposite of agility, might wanna look over here." Rainbow Dash told as she pointed out the Tortoise's attempt of agility.

"Sadly… But this, this. Now that is agility!" Syera told as they all looked at the hummingbird as it cleared the course with the most agility ever. Everypony cheered in bliss.

"Don't leave us hanging!" Syera told smirking as the hummingbird came over to her and Rainbow Dash and each got a hoof bump, however the hummingbird nearly fell to the ground after he stopped flapping.

"Whoa, easy there." Syera told as she caught the poor thing.

"Probably gonna shave a point off for that." Rainbow Dash told.

"Come on Dash, give the poor thing a handicap. These guys do flap very fast so if they do stop they will fall." Syera explained.

"Alright, but just this once since this one did score the best. Ok, let's move on!" Rainbow Dash told as the next test came up pretty quickly and it involved…

"Opal's favorite chew toy?" Syera asked.

"Just watch Syera. Alright, which one of you has the guts! To take Opal's favorite toy away from her!" Rainbow asked all of them as Opal hissed viciously at all them as she protected her toy.

It seemed most of the animals became all chicken to even take a swing at it. However the one that stepped up here seemed to be the monarch butterfly, he used some sort of visual illusion with his wings to hypnotize Opal.

"Whoa, now that is something else" Syera clapped and cheered.

"Yeah! Now that takes guts indeedly" Rainbow Dash cheered along. It seemed that the test was passed by the Monarch butterfly. What an unexpected turn of events. Next up was the test to look the most absolute coolest in style, awesomeness and radicalness alongside Syera and Rainbow Dash.

"Style!" Rainbow Dash shouted as then she as well as Syera took pictures with each pet and posed in all shorts of cool ways. "Any pet of mine's gotta look good, 'cause you gotta make me look good!"

"Same here Dash, gotta look the absolute best with a pet." Syera added as the photoshoot began, out all the pets that were in the photos, the Tortoise seemed to be the most camera shy since when the flash was taken, he'd hide in his shell. Syera chuckled in her photo when it was taken. Though Rainbow Dash in her's, she seemed more on the uncomfortable side so style wasn't shown much in that one.

"next, Coolness!" Syera seemed excited for this one. On the line up that was left, the bat, owl, Duck as well as the wasp, toucan, tortoise, and Eagle were up to show what can be cool. Throughout all of them, the Eagle out did them with it's very aggressive bird cry.

"Now that was cool. I think we know who passed this one Rainbow." Syera put down the winner results for the coolness test.

Next on the list was the radicalness test, each pet had to put on a radical performance to show their radical nature. Whoever was the most radical wins.
One performance after another, it seemed to become more and more drawn out since Syera and Dash were about to fall asleep on some of them. However the Bat caught their attention when he played a melody using his wings in a few wine glasses then used some sort of sonar shriek to crumble them to pieces.

"Oh hell yeah! I have to say that was radically incredible!" Syera clapped. However Rainbow was a bit to technical of it.

"That was truly awesome, but it didn't seem radical enough to me so, I gotta take a few points off." Rainbow wrote down the results.

"what? That was totally radical Rainbow Dash. But I guess in a way you're right… " Syera seemed bummed about the results and explanation but she had nothing else but to back up the fact it was awesome, just not so radical. But it was indeed radical.

Next up was the Tortoise and to Syera's surprisal was such a dangerous obstacle course he was gonna go through. She just hoped the little guy wouldn't hurt himself too bad.

"Oooo, now this might prove interesting." Syera told as she watched with great interest. However her and Rainbow Dash's expectations kinda went out the door when the poor thing lost his balance and fell off the course at the first jump.

Rainbow Dash and sighed and had enough and went to the poor thing and then began to explain something to him.

"Listen, turtle…" she spoke to him before being cut off by Fluttershy that he is not a turtle. But undoubtedly a…

"Tortoise." Which made Rainbow growl in annoyance and said.

"Whatever! You've had your fun, but I think you and I both know who made the cut and who didn't." Rainbow explained in which the tortoise made a soft grunting croak sound at her.

"You didn't… I mean, 'A' for effort and everything, you gave it your best shot, maybe I've got a gold star sticker around here somewhere you can have, but, seriously, go home. You're starting to creep me out…" Rainbow Dash explained to him and walked off. There was one last performance, it was the humming bird and surprisingly the trick it was performing was actually taming giant two legged lizard.

"Huh? Whoa!" Syera's eyes lit up and a big smile came across her mug as she watched. The hummingbird then flew around the lizard in a swirling fashion as it then jumped and balanced itself onto a ball and rolled off.

"That was incredible! You're definitely moving on to the final event!" She clapped as well as everypony else who watched.

"wow Syera, I didn't think you'd find Tori's performance so breathtaking." Fluttershy told the saiyan and then Syera faced her with still pretty big smile.

"Are you kidding?! That was so radical, awesome and took so much guts, power and style! To even teach such a creature to ride off and balance on a ball like that. Wait, What was her name again Fluttershy?" Syera asked amazed.

"The hummingbird, oh, her name is Tori. She was always such a unique Hummingbird, it was a shame when I found her all alone out in the Everfree Forest. Many moons ago but she always had a special talent of making animals balance on round objects and even ride off on them." Fluttershy explained as Tori landed on her hoof and then she gave her to Syera. In which Tori rested on her shoulder and tweeted softly nuzzling the Saiyan.

"Ohhh… Aww." Syera nuzzled back softly. "Hehe, alright. Fluttershy I think I found my pet. Tori, but there is one last test to pass to make it official. And uh… Rainbow Dash? What is the last test?" Syera asked the rainbow maned Pegasus pony.

"I'm getting to that Syera." Rainbow explained as she cleared her throat. "Alright, you've all done outstanding well, but there can only be one of you who's number one. So the final tie-breaking contest is going to be... pause for dramatic effect... a race against... me and Syera! Through Ghastly Gorge!" Rainbow told with a fierce look. In which Syera walked up to and pulled her A-side and asked in a whisper.

"Ghastly Gorge are you crazy? That place is dangerous for these guys, you really think this should be their final test?" She asked then Rainbow smiled and laughed.

"lighten up Syera, they can handle it, if they got the guts we saw earlier!" Rainbow Dash edged them on with a smile. A few moments later as the crew of ponies were set up on the other end of Ghastly Gorge while Syera, Rainbow Dash. Tori and the other pets including the Tortoise, he was not giving up so easily.

"Here we are! Dun dun dun!" Rainbow Dash spoke and made that last part echo the canyon. However the eagle seemed a bit scared since he squealed in a bit of hesitation. "Gesundheit." She told him to make him lighten up.

"Actually, Ghastly Gorge isn't scary. It's fun. Heh. I've flown through it a million times myself, so obviously I'll be at the front of the pack." Rainbow Dash claimed.

"Are you positive you wanna lead this one Rainbow? Cause I can tell this place it hostile with all that is crawling in there." Syera told as she got a good feel for the area and there are signs of Quarray eels in this canyon and they are extremely protective of their territory.

"You see those holes in the sides of the rock you all? Quarray Eels have made nests in that section of the Canyon, watch out for them as well as where they could be burrowing next. Aren't there also caves and Thorn bushes, and I mean heavy thick Thorn bushes?" Syera asked after she pointed out the Eel situation.

"yeah… And the chances of avalanches are possible to, rock sliding avalanches. So everypony, watch what you touch since a lot of this land is loose." Rainbow told smiling. Then explained how this race will work.

"So, what that being said! Whichever one of you make it across the finish line with me, and same goes for Syera; Will have proven you can keep up with us, and will have earned the honor and glory of getting to be our pet!" She then started the countdown after each pet had a chance to stretch as well as herself and Syera before beginning said countdown.

"Ready?" She asked then pulled a fast one. "Setgo! Hahaha!" She laughed as Syera waved each pet on and followed ahead with Rainbow Dash and all the pets flew and stayed pretty close. Tori, the little hummingbird was well on her way near Syera. The eagle, falcon, bat as well as the owl and… tortoise who was behind the pack at his own pace was actually making progress well to keep track of them all.

"Woo-hoo! Haha! Try to keep up!" Rainbow shouted in a cheer as she enjoyed the flight so far.

"I think they're doing more than that Rainbow Dash, cause they're determined, look at em!" Syera was right as each pet gave it all, it was a do or do not situation for them. They gave it their all, and more than just trying. The real challenge was just getting through the obstacles ahead.

The first involved one of the caves, a strong head-on wind blew through it was extreme velocity and small debris came with it.

"Hrg! Push through it every pet! Go!" Syera shouted as the wind did get intense. She powered up a little and slingshot out using the "Kaioken!" She shouted and in a red blaze she came out the other end next to Rainbow Dash and brushed themselves off.

"Can't catch me, ha-ha!" Rainbow taunted each pet that came out then darted away.

"show off!" Syera shouted back as she did the same as she confirmed each pet made it through. The tortoise was working hard too, he just kept going.

"Man, what a Tank. He just doesn't stop. Hang it there little guy!" Syera told as she dashed off to the rest of the pets and got near Rainbow Dash again.

"C'mon, slowpokes! You wanna win, don't ya?" Rainbow Taunted once more as she then dashed right through the Thorn Bush thicket. It was razor sharp. Syera was able to get through it mostly no problem. She had to punch a few holes in with Ki blasts so she could fit. A few of the pets got stuck so she was able to get them unstuck. Cutting a few pieces of her Gi in the process but nothing tore into her skin luckily. The bat however was able to go through flawlessly as it used it's sonar like abilities to navigate the thicket no problem. The next test was a bit more dangerous however, the Quarray Eels.

"Watch out for the Quarray eels up ahead! As Syera mentioned, They don't like it when you get too close to their nests, like this!" Rainbow demonstrated as the eels popped out one by one and tried to eat her.

"Alright, this will be good, just avoid the nests as best you can pets!" Syera lead the group through for the most part. Each pet nearly bit the dust. The bat almost got swallowed by one of them. But it came out the Eel's nose. The Eagle almost got its head bitten clean off. The Owl's strength caught the top of one of the Eel's jaws and he was able to jump out. The falcon got his tail feathers clipped off as he almost got pulled on in to one of their nests for a snack. Syera however ducked and weaved through em, however one got close to bite her however she countered it with a fist to the jaw, breaking some of its teeth and it backed off whining.

"Tsk, that's right, I ain't your Snack buddy." She told, Tori was able to get through it all very well at best. Not a single one was able to touch her. She even taunted them and made one of them bite another, those two Eels ended up fighting a little, giving Tori a chance to get away.

"Heh, Easy, peasy, one-two-threesy! Right, guys?" Rainbow Dash asked, however she didn't look where she was going.

"Rainbow Dash look out!" Syera shouted to her but it was too late, back first, Rainbow Dash smacked the side of the canyon causing a crack to form and rocks to come tumbling down on a full on Avalanche.

"Everypet move! Quickly!" Syera told them all in which they did.

"AVALANCHE! Whoaaaa!" Rainbow shouted however she got hit by one of the rocks.

"Agh! Dash!" Syera called out but forgot to look where the rocks fell and one hit her on the back of her neck, knocking her out in the process. "Agh! Ahhh…" Syera fell hard next to Rainbow Dash.

"Syera! C'mon... No!" She was in shock as her wing was stuck and her saiyan friend was out cold. "Wait! Come back! Don't leave us!" She shouted to the pets that flew off. "Plus… I'm the one who's supposed to win! I don't wanna end up stuck here... forever! Oh no, nonono, th-this can't be happening. Forever is way too long to be trapped in Ghastly Gorge. I mean, it's like, forever! Somepony! Anypony! Help us!" She freaked out as only to sit on her rump and a few tears came out of her eyes. But she heard some rustling and got excited.

"Wahoo! My prayers have been answered! Hold on Syera, we got help!" Rainbow Dash told the Saiyan who was unfortunately still out cold. Only to be greeted by the Tortoise who was the only one left. However Tori came back around as the dust settled and was sad to see Syera out cold.

"Oh, thankyouthankyoutha– You?! Oh no! Now I'm not only going to be stuck here forever, I'm gonna be stuck here forever with the most annoying turtle in the world! Gyh, we're doomed. DOOMED, I tell you!" Rainbow Dash shrieked only to be slapped by Tori whole frowned at her and her doubtness.

"You're right… I shouldn't be acting like this, but my wing is stuck and Syera would be able to shatter it to pieces but she's out cold… " Rainbow Dash nearly gave up, however the Tortoise dug a small hole and was able to use his raw strength to lift the boulder off her wing, which shocked her big time.

"Whoa! Tortoise, forget what I said, you're my hero… Thank you, but seriously, we need to get Syera out of here. Tori, can you help us?" Rainbow picked up Syera's torso area while Tank and Tori balanced out her bottom half. With a small groan, Syera mumbled something.

"Mmnrg… R… Rainbow… " she softly said.

"Hang in there girl, our pets are here to help us. We just gotta make it through…" Rainbow was determined to get her friend out, but she wasn't alone. With their new pets at their side, they were able to make it out with scuffs and bruises. By the end of it all, Syera was able to regain consciousness. Everypony ahead was cheering for them all as they came back, with their new pets. However they seemed to be moving kinda slow.

"Maybe we'd better go meet him halfway." Fluttershy suggested to where they moved the finish line so they'd all Cross it together.

"Huh. Way to go, little guy!" Spike spoke to the Tortoise as Syera stood up holding her neck since it was still wringing with a small amount of pain.

"Oh, thank goodness you two aren't hurt!" Twilight told in a small worried tone.

"Heh, just our pride is a bit hurt I suppose. But not our spirits, right Rainbow Dash?" Syera asked as she popped her neck back into place after such a collision with those rocks.

"heh, hay yeah. Just gonna have to take it easy on this wing for a bit and should be good to go." Rainbow Dash told.

"Well, I can assume now, our pets is who we can count on, especially today" Syera held her finger out for Tori to land on and she softly nuzzled the her.

"yeah… " She told smiling softly.

"I certainly hope all of this dreadful dust was worth it! Achoo!" Rarity told with a sneeze following up.

"It sure was, if'n it means Rainbow as well as Syera gets to have their own little critter just like the rest of us from now on." Applejack followed up after.

"Uh... thanks. What you did... I owe you one." Rainbow Dash told the tortoise as she hopped off his shell and gave him a small hoof bump.

"Probably more than one Rainbow Dash, this little guy is just- " Before Syera could say another more.

"Rainbow, Your new pet is over here waiting for you!" Fluttershy told as everypony there awed at the winner of the racing challenge, which was the falcon.

"Oh... Right... Yeah... That." Rainbow seemed a bit bummed out which everypony took notice.

"What's the matter?" Spike asked as then Pinkie leaned in on his head and said.
"You got your perfect pet, right?" She told followed with Fluttershy saying.
"The best of the best like you wanted, remember? It can fly and it's not a squirrel! Should we sing about it again?" She asked.

"No more singing, my head can barely take it, let alone my neck, gonna need a magic bean to heal this up…" Syera told laughing a little as well as the rest.

"A falcon sure looks good on ya, Rainbow." Applejack commented before a snap and flash of a camera came to Rainbow's photo with the Falcon sorta made it official. However the flash scared the tortoise and made him go in his shell.

"Easy, fella. Nothing to be afraid of." She told softly rubbing his shell before pausing and looking at the falcon before stating. "The falcon sure does looks cool... He's absolutely everything I wanted in a pet."

"Yay?" Fluttershy was a bit confused.

"Though Rainbow Dash, I do recall you saying whoever crosses the finish line with me and you gets to be our pet right?"

"She did! She did say that! She did say that was the rule!" Pinkie Pie pointed out with a confident sounding excited tone as she got in Syera's face and bounced all around shouting that out.

"Correct my Saiyan companion; And the only racer who crossed the finish line with me and you was the one who stopped to save us when we needed help. The tortoise! As well as Tori, your Hummingbird." Rainbow stated out, this news shocked the Falcon in which he admitted defeat and shock the tortoise as in good sportspetship it ended off as the Tortoise being the winner.

"Right you are Rainbow Dash, and I couldn't be happier that the both got the one pet we definitely wanted, or in this case. Needed, to save our hides." Syera gave a solid thumbs up and a smile as she and Rainbow Dash then got ready for another photo. This one the Tortoise was ready and he as well as Rainbow Dash, Tori and Syera got in the photo and were all smiling.

"But what about the–" Twilight was about to go on about the rules before Syera looked at her and just Shook her head no.

"Doesn't matter now, what matters now is this was all a success, wouldn't you agree Dash?" Syera asked.

"I will indeed say yes." Dash told as she then looked at the tortoise who began to slowly smile, a most magnificent site to see indeed.

"Wouldja look at that? He even smiles slow." Applejack told and they all shared a laugh.

"Rainbow, I think it's about that time." Syera pointed out in regards to the lesson they all learned.

"Yep. Yo Spike, take a letter." Dash told as Spike took his trusty quill and parchment out.

"Dear Princess Celestia,
I used to think that the most important traits to look for in a pet, or any best friend, were all physical competitive abilities, like Syera. But now I can see how short-sighted and shallow that was." She took a pause as she hoof bumped Syera.

"Heh, you can say that again and I'll agree every time. But I still enjoy our little brawls." Syera smiled as she watched the tortoise do a sneak move and took Opalescence's mouse toy. As if her were a Tank, it didn't phase him at all and Opal respected that and walked off. Rainbow then continued the letter.

"Today I learned what the most important quality really is. A certain kind of spirit. A stick-to-it-ive-ness. A never give up, can-do attitude that's the mark of a real winner. And this tortoise has it." Rainbow Dash told

"Tenacity" Twilight told as the word she was looking at it.

"Gesundheit" Syera spoke with a chuckle in that word as well as Rainbow Dash who then continued to the end of the letter.

"You just can't stop that little guy. He's like a... like a... Tank!" She spoke putting a hoof on his shell with a confidence in his strength.

"Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing. Tank, yeah that's a great name for him." Syera spoke smiling at such a great name for the little guy.

"But Rainbow! You didn't want a pet that couldn't fly because it would keep you grounded and hold you back, remember?" Fluttershy told. In which Rainbow had a moment to think.

"Hey Syera, do you remember that one weather experiment I showed you not long ago with the propeller attachment?" Rainbow Dash asked in which Syera gasped.

"Oh yeah, now this should be fun." Syera told as she got to work. And a few days later when they were all together again for a playdate with their pets. Rainbow Dash and Syera both had their own pets to participate in.

"Heh. C'mon, Tank! We're gonna be late for our very first Pony Pet Playdate!" Rainbow called out to Tank who was now wearing a the propeller device on his she'll in which he could now fly with Rainbow Dash, he even had his own pair of goggles to go with it.

"Gotta admit, I amazed myself with that one. Tori, you helped tremendously with that one too since he can stay stationary and move in any direction with how your patterns of flight work." Syera told flying alongside Tori who still had her ball rolling Lizard too. Such an amazing trick, Syera wondered what else could her pet train to do such a stunt.

Either way, the playdate was fantastic and so much fun was had there. Syera soon sat with everypony and every pet at the base of a tree as the sun was high in the sky but was soon setting. They all snuggled together for one nap of the day after all the excitement.

"I guess having a pet isn't so bad." Rainbow commented as she patted Tank on the side of his shell as he snuggled close to her. Tori landed on the shoulder of Syera and snuggled close to the saiyan's neck.

"hmm, right you are Rainbow Dash… " She yawned before closing her eyes and saying one last time. "Right on you are. This is the best thing we could ever ask for." And with that, the journey of finding pet has ended.

What awaits Syera, Rainbow Dash and the others with their pets in arms and hooves.

Find out, Next time!

PreviousChapters Next