• Published 30th Jan 2016
  • 4,607 Views, 146 Comments

Syera: The Equestrian Saiyan - SolidSparkle117



Syera, one of the last Saiyans sent to Equestria and her Destiny lies ahead with Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Applejack and most importantly Princess Celestia, Princess Luna Shining Armor and Princess Cadence

  • ...
19
 146
 4,607

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 25: Night of Nightmares full of sweets to bite, Will Luna fill everypony full of cheers or frights?

Last Time on Syera: The Equestrian Saiyan

After the defeat of Discord, everything in Ponyville was at a timely peace and quiet. However, after Twilight realized she didn’t have a friendship problem to report to the Princess. She decided to make a friendship problem, which turned into a disastrous monstrocity to where Celestia herself had to come in and reverse the spell Twilight casted on everypony in town.

Though this brought light to a new solution, Twilight and Syera along with everypony have to write friendship lessons to the Princess now, but when and only when they discover them.

Now, Syera and the others prepare for one of the biggest nights of the year. Nightmare Night! Where everything is a big fright and every foal and filly venture to door to door and grab something sweet to bite.

So what will happen on Syera, Twilight and Spike’s first Nightmare Night in Ponyville?

Find out, Now!

cue intro music - “Night of Nightmares full of sweets to bite, Will Luna fill everypony full of cheers or frights?”

It was deep into the evening and the sun just set not even an hour ago, and the festival of Nightmare Night was in full effect. Now in the library where Twilight, Syera and Spike reside.

Spike was dressed as, kinda go figure. A dragon. Syera on the other hand was dressed up as a Knight told in the book of folklore, a red knight shrouded in red flames. The armor was all real and replicated perfected as the book foretold. And was custom fitted to fit Syera’s sleek and strong body like a glove. Only problem was the helmet being on her for so long since her hair would get in the way.

“Jeez Syera, think you might’ve gone a bit overboard with your costume?” Spike teased.

“Nonsense, besides this is a good training exercise since this armor does weight a good amount. I just wish it was more mobile…” Syera stretches a little as the armor clinks and chatters against her body each time she makes a move.

“Whatever floats your boat, good thing you’re ready unlike somepony! Ugh, come on, Twilight. We're gonna be late for the Nightmare Night festival!” Spike screamed out, however Spike and Syera were both surprised by the outfit Twilight chose for the occasion. “Huh? Are you that one kooky grandpa from Ponyville Retirement Village?” Spike asked.

“Seriously Spike? Was I not the only one who payed attention to Twilight’s costume when we got it tailored by Rarity herself?” Syera crossed her arms.

“I'm Star Swirl the Bearded, Father of the amniomorphic spell. Did you even read that book I gave you about obscure unicorn history?” Twilight remarked.

“Uh..” Spike had no answer, so when he heard a knocking at the door. “That sounds important.” he darted.

“Nope he did not, and I bet he doesn't know where my costume is from.” Syera chuckled as she looked at Twilight. “You look good by the way.” the saiyan complimented.

“As do you, and wow, I'm surprised that Blacksmith got the armor set right for your dimensions and figure.” Twilight awed at the armor.

“Yeah, thank Rarity, she was able to give him my measurements, and it was a hefty task. And it wasn’t cheap but hell, can’t beat an authentic choice in iron and steel. And a hint of Ebony to have the black finish and the ruby red robes that glow ever so lightly thanks to Rarity’s choice in gems.” Syera stretched a little more. Once Spike opened the door, he yelped at the sight of the young fillies and their costumes.

“Nightmare Night! What a fright! Give us something sweet to bite!” They shouted, Granny Smith was their chaperone for the night it would seem.

“Hi, everypony. Great costumes. Happy Nightmare Night, Granny Smith.” Twilight told as well as greeting the old mare.

“I should have been asleep five hours ago.” Granny told with a sort of bummed out tone of voice.

“heh, hopefully you get some sleep soon old gal” Syera told as she kneeled down to the kids and given them a good handful of candy.

“Pipsqueak the pirate, at your service. It's my very first Nightmare Night!” Pipsqueak was a new foal student from Trottingham, he really wanted to enjoy this night to the fullest since it was his first ever.

“Since you moved here from Trottingham?” Twilight asked.

“No, my very first Nightmare Night ever!” Pipsqueak told.

“Well I know for a fact you’re gonna love it bud, here ya go.” Syera gave him an exceptional amount of candy to him.

“Enough chitchat! Time is candy!” Pinkie Pie came out of nowhere as she usually does dressed as a chicken and she picked the bowl Syera had in her hands clean.

“Well there goes that bowl.” Syera chuckled to herself.

“Pinkie Pie, aren't you a little old for this?” Twilight asked.

“Too old for free candy?!” She squawked as if she was a real chicken then said in a serious tone. “Never.”

“Do you like it?” Twilight asked Pinkie in regards to her costume.

“Yeah! Great costume, Twilight! You make a fantastic weirdo clown! And Ooo Syera, you make an amazing soul hunter!” Pinkie then ran off with her candy in hoof.

“A clown? Look at the borders on these robes. These are hoof-stitched!” Twilight shouted in an annoyed tone since she didn't get the costume Twilight was wearing.

“Soul Hunter? What does she mean by that?” Syera thought to herself.

“It's a great costume! Huh! Grandpa and Soul Hunter!” Spike chuckled as he walked ahead towards the festival.

“Ugh… Come on Syera, let’s go.” Twilight said in a orderly tone of voice.

“Ok ok, just let me grab my sword and shield.” Syera then walked to the corner of the library, grabbed her custom made broadsword as the pony's would call it, however it looked small in the hands of Syera and a long shield that was tucked upon her arm. She then placed the shield on her back and her sword in the sheth hilt on her side as she was turning off the lights in the library and locking the door.

And so the three made their way to the festival. It was as you would kinda expect of Nightmare Night, the festival was full of games such as bobbing for apples, chucking pumpkins out of catapults and hitting some nearby placed targets. Even the ball toss game when you throw a ball at a target and a pony gets a splash dunk in a pit of water.

Big Macintosh was pulling a cart full of ponies, believe he was giving them a hayride of course. There was even a small town band playing and there was a little shindig of a dance floor happening as Syera, Twilight and Spike walked passed.

Last but not least was the vendors that had cotton candy galore as well as so many other sweets and treats. Spike of course got a stockpile of all he could carry of candy, sweets, you name it, and he’s got it. Of course Syera and Spike were munching on the cache of goodies. Though Syera for some reason seemed to be getting a lot of looks from everypony. She wondered if it was the costume itself or the rubies shimmering on it due to the fact she looks like she is on fire.

“Ugh… I can barely see anything in this helmet.” Syera told as she then took it off and held it to her side. She had a bit of sweat dripping down her face from how warm it was wearing all that armor, even though it was fairly cool outside due to the fall months setting in.

However Twilight was babbling on about her costume not being easily recognized that she didn't realize they were at the festival. “Maybe I should start up a pony group to teach ponies about history. I bet everypony would love it! Don't you two?” Twilight asked.

“That does sound nice and all, but give them a reason to learn about it I suppose instead of forcing it upon them Sis.” Syera put her helmet back on.

“Mm-hmm, I love it all.” Spike was barely paying attention as he stuff his face full of candy. Then he let loose a belch.

“Oh I guess we're here, and getting food I suppose is out of the question.” Twilight then snapped to reality and saw her surroundings. It was then Pinkie came up to them with a huge back full of candy along with the other young fillies.

“Twilight, Syera! Look at our haul! Ah! Can you believe it?” Pinkie told in between eating from her haul of candy with the colts and fillies with her. “And then, we went to Cheerilee's house, and got a bunch more goodies. Didn't we, Pip?” She then looked at the young colt from Trottingham

“Sure did!” He cheered with a smile. However, as Pinkie was talking Twilight and Syera’s ear off. Syera then noticed something at the corner of her eye, or at least for what she could see out that helmet. She noticed Rainbow Dash with a small storm cloud and dressed as one of those Shadowbolts they ran into in the Everfree forest all those months ago back. What was she up too?

“And then, we had to stop and wait for Granny Smith, and… Syera you ok? What are you pointing at?” Pinkie asked, however it was too late for her to react and Rainbow Dash already shot a lightning bolt down causing a lot of Thunder to crash and lightning to strike Pinkie in the butt.

She then squawked like a chicken and hightailed it fast, the kids there also screamed and ran off.

“Seriously Rainbow Dash? That was not very nice!” Twilight shouted at the mischievous Rainbow maned pony.

“Lighten up, old-timer. This is the best night of the year for pranks!” Rainbow Dash was still laughing

“Look what you did to Spike for crying out loud!” Syera pointed to the poor dragon who was choking on some candy which the saiyan patted him on the back for him to spit it out.

“It's all in good fun. Oh! Oh! There's another group over there! Great costumes by way guys, especially you Syera, hope to see you with that helmet on more often.” Rainbow Dash winked at her, which made Syera blush a little underneath that helm of her’s and kinda look away. And so with that said and done, there was a Prankster on the loose and Rainbow Dash wasn't stopping anytime soon. Best to avoid her as best as they could.

As the trio continued their walk throughout the town, they came across Applejack, who was dressed a Scarecrow.

“Happy Nightmare Night, Applejack!” Syera, Spike and Twilight told her as they greeted the Apple mare.

“Howdy, Spike, Twilight, Syera! Nice costumes.

“Thanks! I'm a dragon.” Spike told smiling.

“Like we could not already tell that Spike” Syera chuckled to herself.

“Also I’m sure she means me and Syera, Spike.” Twilight added on.

“With that beard, I reckon you're some sorta country music singer. And you Syera, wow, by the way can you even see out that helmet? Looks like claustrophobic in there.” Applejack pointed out.

“You don’t know the half about it.” Syera chuckled as she took her helmet off for the moment and her hair came poofing out and stayed as spiky as it always did. It just slight was pressed down and covered by it.

“While y'all are here, ya' feel like bobbin' for an apple?” Applejack suggested.

“You bet!” Syera told, however Derpy accidentally pulled out the plug of the barrel instead of an apple and drained the bobbing barrel. “Uh… on second thought I’ll pass for now.” Syera chuckled a little. However before they did anything else, Mayor Mare, who was dressed a clown, got everypony's attention in front of the town square.

“Thank you, everypony, and welcome to the Nightmare Night festival!” She told as everypony there cheered and applauded for the moment before silencing so she could continue to speak.

“Now, all the little ponies who have been out collecting sweets should follow our friend Zecora to hear the legend of... Nightmare Moon!” The mayor proceeded to laugh maniacally, however her outfit just wasn't cutting it with that laugh.

“Spooky voice might work better if she wasn't dressed like that.” Spike told between Syera and Spike.

“You can say that again.” Syera spoke and chuckled with Spike and Twilight softly. What came next was really cool, a green smoke followed by Zecora, who was dressed as a total witch doctor came out of the green misty smoke.

“Follow me, and very soon, you'll hear the tale of Nightmare Moon.” She told in her usual nursery rhyme and rhythm. And soon the group of colts and fillies, even Pinkie had joined in as well as a couple others including Twilight, Spike and Syera on this little tour into a section of the Everfree Forest.

“Listen close, my little dears, I'll tell you where you got your fears of Nightmare Night, so dark and scary.” She then blew on some green glitter and more of that green mist came around, projecting some sort of conjuring magic to show an image of Nightmare Moon. “Of Nightmare Moon, who makes you wary.” It was getting to a lot of them since they gasp. Syera stayed still and calm in her Knight armor, Helmet and all as she observed this occurrence.

“Every year, we put on a disguise, to save ourselves from her searching eyes.” She then used some magic to make her eyes seem menacing and appeared behind two fillies who screamed once they saw this.

“But Nightmare Moon wants just one thing: to gobble up ponies in one quick swing!” When Zecora told this, Pinkie and Pipsqueak screamed very wholeheartedly.

“Hungrily, she soars the sky. If she sees nopony, she passes by. So if she comes and all is clear, Equestria is safe another year!” Zecora is near the end of her tale when Pipsqueak asks her something.

“Uh, Miss Zecora, if we wear costumes to hide from Nightmare Moon, so she won't gobble us up, how come we still need to give her some of our candy?” He asked, which is when Zecora had an answer.

“A perfect question, my little friend. For Nightmare Moon you must not offend.” She blew more green sparkling glitter down and more conjuring magic came around. “Fill up her belly with a treat or two, so she won't return to come eat you!” She told as the illusion of Nightmare Moon came and chomped at Pinkie Pie and the others little colts and fillies around. Which is when she panicked and suggested to them all

“Quick everypony! Just dump some candy and get out of here!” However as they did, the wind started to pick up, and thunder sounded, and it started raining from the night sky. However a royal carriage like no other Syera or Twilight has seen before arrived over Ponyville.

“It's Nightmare Moon! Run!” Pinkie screamed and all of the fillies screamed and ran along with Pinkie. However, as lighting struck near the carriage, a silhouette of a familiar pony showed.

“No… that’s not Nightmare Moon.” Syera said muffled as she looked through her helmet.

“Who could it be?” Twilight asked confused as the carriage flew overhead them. It was then what clicked in Syera’s mind and who told her they were coming to Ponyville on Nightmare Night.

“She is here, come on let’s get to Ponyville to greet our honorary guest!” Syera then ran off in the direction of town, clinking and clanking in her armor all the way back as Twilight, Spike and Zecora followed behind the armored saiyan. Everypony was screaming, due to the sudden change in the weather, and an unidentified pony who seemed to be royalty has crashed the Nightmare Night festival in Ponyville.

“Its Princess Luna!” Twilight said shocked with excitement as she landed down in the center of the festival. Very interesting part is her cloak she was wearing had come off her as a bunch of little bats. Syera was very amazed by this magic, and it seems she had recovered a lot from the last time they’ve seen her when she was defeated as Nightmare Moon.

“Hm…” Syera crossed her arms as they observed the Princess then approached one of the pony's who seemed to be cowering before her. Odd they seemed to be scared of her.

It was then Princess Luna spoke in the royal canterlot voice, not a voice many have heard in ages since Princess Celestia rarely uses it. “Citizens of Ponyville! We have graced your tiny village with our presence, so that you might behold the real Princess of the Night!”

Syera whistled at the sight of this. “Whoa, those are some strong lungs, almost as loud as me when I power up I suppose.” It was then Twilight hushed her for the moment since Luna wasn't done speaking.

“A creature of nightmares no longer, but instead a pony who desires your love and admiration! Together we shall change this dreadful celebration into a bright and glorious feast!” She finished off, however the word feast seemed to catch other ponies off guard, especially the one dressed as a Chicken.

“Did you hear that, everypony? Nightmare Moon says she's gonna feast on us all!” Pinkie screamed and caused an even more of a panic as she ran off with the fillies and colts.

“What? No, children, no! You no longer have reason to fear us! Screams of delight is what your princess desires, not screams of terror!” She was a bit confused and stomped her hoof but then she brushed it off and approached Mayor Mare.

“Madame Mayor, thy Princess of the Night hath arrived.” She stuck her hoof out to give a formal greeting. However, it seemed that nopony wanted to give her such a greeting.

“What is the matter with you all?” She asked very confused, but soon gave up. “Very well, then. Be that way. We won't even bother with the traditional royal farewell.” She then walked off, however it seemed this wasn’t right in the eyes of Twilight and Syera.

“I'm gonna go talk to her.” Twilight told as she began to trot off.

“I'm right behind you on that one. Spike, see if you can calm the town Ponies. We’ll go speak with the Princess ok?” Syera told as the clattering knight in dark red armor and the old wizard pony went off on the quest to bring their Princess of the night back to enjoy the festival properly.

“I honestly don't know why they were all so scared of her? She’s not the Mare in the Moon anymore, right?” Twilight asked Syera as they tried to search where their Princess had gone.

“Well, ever since we did hit her with the elements, I believe she returned to her original form. And her evil intentions have vanished for good I would want to assume. But hell if I know any of that creepy magic is residing somewhere.” Syera told as they soon spotted Luna making her way over a nearby park bridge with her head hanging low and she seemed very discouraged.

“Hmm… she looks so sad…” Syera told putting her hands on her hips. Twilight was the first to approach her and speak up.

“Princess Luna? Hi, my name is-” before she could get her name out, it seemed Luna noticed Twilight’s costume first.

“Star Swirl the Bearded. Commendable costume! Thou even got the bells right.” She told firmly about her costume that it was amazingly well replicated.

“Thank you! Finally! Somepony who gets my costume!” Twilight was excited about this sudden praise, however she was getting off topic. “Uh, I just came to welcome you to our celebration! My actual name is-”

“Twilight Sparkle.” Princess Luna finished off, and then spoke in her booming Canterlot royal voice again. “It was thou along with the Super Saiyan whom unleashed the powers of harmony upon us and took away our dark powers!”

“And that was a good thing, right?” Syera asked as she approached and took her helmet off with a concerned look on her face.

Princess Luna took notice of her right away. “But of course dear Super Saiyan. We could not be happier. Is that not clear to you two?” Princess Luna asked the both of them as she got closer to them.

“Well, you kinda sound like you're yelling at us.” Twilight told which us when Luna explained to the usage of her bellowing voice.

“But this is the traditional royal Canterlot voice! It is tradition to speak using the royal "we", and to use this much volume when addressing our subjects!” She explained while using the last of her words in that loud voice, which rattled both Twilight and Syera, the saiyan’s armor really rattled and the poor unicorn’s wizard cap nearly fell off so she had to adjust it back on her crown

“Yeah… I think I can see the problem here Princess.” Syera told as she stretched and adjusted her armor.

“Yes, which I think would explain why your appearance was met with... mixed results to say the least.” Twilight explained, which made Luna have an expression of confusion and it grabbed her attention to both of them.

“Well, how should we proceed to fix this problem so we are not met with such mixed results?” Princess Luna asked.

“Maybe if you just changed your approach a bit, you might be met with a warmer reception.” Twilight suggested, which is when Luna used that voice again.

“Change our approach?” She shouted.

“Your volume, lower the tone Princess Luna.” Syera told crossing her arms after she put her helmet back on, but this time she exposed her face so she could see better.

“Oh… I see, however, We have been locked away on that rock in the sky for a thousand years. We are... not sure we can do so without assistance.” Princess Luna explained as she spoke normally.

“Hmm, I think we know a pony who can help. Though bare with her, she is very shy and panic crazy on this day.” Syera crossed her arms and gestured Twilight and Luna to follow her to the pony Luna needs help from. Fluttershy.

After arriving at the yellow pony’s cottage, Syera gave a firm knock at her door. “Go away! There’s no candy here! And visitors are not welcome on Nightmare Night!” The timid pony shouted from inside.

“Ugh… Fluttershy its us, your friends!” Syera called out as she face palmed.

“Oh It is you Syera, and Twilight. Ah, and Nightmare Moon.” She said calm and collected, except after she realized who she saw last. “Nightmare Moon?! Ahhh!!” She yelped and slammed her door afraid of Princess Luna.

“Ugh… excuse us for a moment Princess.” Syera told as she and Twilight went inside.

“Yes, this’ll only take a second.” Twilight opened the door with her magic and Syera shut it behind them so they could drag Fluttershy’s scaredy cat self out to help Luna with her volume control. After a bunch of crashing about and a few nasty words that would blister young foal and fillies ears, they got Fluttershy to come outside.

“Fluttershy! You remember Princess Luna right?” Twilight told with a smile.

“The one we saved once we used to elements to free her of the evil magic of Nightmare Moon?” Syera asked crossed her arms.

“Charmed.” Luna spoke with her loud bellowing voice.

“Likewise.” Fluttershy timidly spoke with nervousness as she was on the ground below Princess Luna since she was so nervous to stand before her at the moment.

“Twilight Sparkle and dearest Syera hath spoken of the sweetness of thy voice. We ask thou teachest to us to speak as thou speakest.” Luna asked, still very loudly.

“Okay.” The yellow pegasus spoke softly still.

“Shall our lessons begin?” Luna asked still bellowing very loudly.

“Okay….” Fluttershy was getting even more nervous than before.

“Shall we mimic thy shy voice?” Princess Luna asked once more.

“Okay……” Fluttershy was getting very frightened she might jump outta her coat.

“How is this for starters?” Princess Luna asked, still bellowing loud as could be from before.

“Perfect, lesson over!” Fluttershy hurriedly spoke and ran for her door, however Syera blinked in front of her and stopped her in her path as Fluttershy hit her crown on the saiyan’s breastplate.

“A little quieter, if you will princess.”

“How is…” Luna paused for a moment then said “this?” in a still loud tone but not much in bass and echo as the royal voice has.

“That’s better, but still needs work, right Fluttershy?” Syera asked as she held the yellow pegasus in her arms for the moment.

“Yes. hehe…” Fluttershy nervously laughed as she said that in a dazed fashion.

“How... about... now?” Princess Luna was toning it down a little more. But still needed fine tuning.

“Now you're getting it Princess.” Twilight spoke with a smile as she and Syera shook their heads yes in agreement.

“And... how about now?” Princess Luna asked, at a normal speaking level, which was perfect. She nearly sounded close to Rarity if she didn't had that fancy tone of voice as the unicorn herself.

“Yes! That’s it!” Syera spoke with excitement.

“Well done Princess Luna.” Twilight told. However what was unexpected was that Luna pulled Fluttershy out of the saiyan’s grasp and hugged her tightly.

“Oh I thank thee, dear Fluttershy! Our normal speaking voice shall surely win us the hearts of thy fellow villagers.” Luna spoke in her bellowing voice in gratitude for teaching her the ways of speaking at a lower decibel level. However Pinkie Pie and the others seemed to arrive at the wrong time it would seem at that moment the Princess was hugging the hell outta poor Fluttershy.

“Fluttershy! You've gotta hide us! Nightmare Moon is here and... Ah! She stole Fluttershy's voice so she can't scream when she gobbles her up!” It was then she and young ones ran off with their tails between their legs screaming their heads off.

“Nay, children, wait!” Princess Luna then shouted in her Canterlot voice after reaching out to them to stop, but she then remember to lower the volume. “I mean... nay, children, no, wait…” She sounded more sad than before when she spoke softly.

“It ok Princess, come on.” Twilight motioned to her to follow, Syera helped Fluttershy back in her cottage and put her to bed since the poor pegasus seemed out of it tonight and might not remember a thing.

“To what dear Twilight?” Princess Luna asked a bit sadden, it was then Syera appeared next to them as she Instant Transmissioned to them.

“Plan B.” Syera told closing her helmet so her face was not exposed anymore and led Twilight and Princess Luna back to town, the saiyan’s heavy metal footsteps against the ground are which really was heard on the way back.

Once they did get back, it seemed Spike did a good job and getting them to loosen up a bit since it was full fledged party now. However once Luna was visible to almost everypony’s eye there, they paused and looked at her. They shrieked and shrunk in fear of the Princess of the Night.

“It is of no use... They have never liked us and they never shall… Im sorry Syera and Twilight, but Im afraid whatever plan you have going is hopeless…” Princess Luna told sadden and depressed.

“Don't be so sure Princess, our good friend Applejack is most open pony to be close with in these parts.” Syera explained as Twilight added on.

“Yeah! She most definitely is, and I'm certain she'll have some ideas on fixing your image here Luna.” Twilight told as they approached the country mare in question who was dressed a friendly Scarecrow pony. Pipsqueak was there too, but he almost fell in the bobbing pit of apples.

“Whoop. Careful there, partner.” Applejack scooped him up and he ran along to do something else. When AJ turned around and noticed Luna, she quivered and shook in place on her belly.

“Uh... Applejack, the princess is looking for a little advice on how to… “fit in”... around here.” Twilight told with a soft smile.

“"Fit in"? Really?” Applejack asked with a sarcastic remark.

“Applejack…” Syera called her name with an annoyed tone and gave her a look that said ˝this is serious.˝ Which made AJ change her tone right away.

“I mean... that's easy! All you gotta do is have the right attitude. Loosen up a bit, be positive, play a few games, have some fun.” Applejack told as she got up and got close with the Princess and pulled her aside to chat and explain.

“Fun? What is this "fun" thou speakest of?” Luna asked, this took longer than expected to explain to her since it seemed the concept of fun took a lot more than a song of which letter in Fun stood for. Anyway, first off Princess Luna was brought to the Spider toss game. a very basic one at that.

“Pray tell, what purpose do these serve?” Luna asked as she held one of the toy spiders in her hoof.

“Try to land the sp-sp-spiders on the web.” The pony running the game, Cherry Berry had explained to her on what to do.

“You can do it, princess!” Applejack cheered as Syera whistled and clapped for her. And so the Princess tossed a really good one and the Spider landed on the web.

“Ha! Your princess enjoys this "fun"! In what other ways may we experience it?” She asked. This is when Syera motioned for her to follow to one of the Catapults nearby.

“Here Princess, load this bad boy up” Syera gave her a pumpkin to chuck over to a target placed nearby.

“Fire when ready, princess!” Twilight cheered with a smile. And it was then Luna had a serious look on her face as she fired the catapult, launching that pumpkin in the air, it hit the target with a graceous splat!

“Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!” Princess Luna shouted, everypony in the vicinity shouted and cheered in joy.

“Alright, Why don't you try bobbin' for apples? We got the best apples in Equestria here, princess.” Applejack suggested to her next beside chucking Pumpkins.

“I ask that thou call us... me... Luna, fair Applejack.” She explained and then she shouted out in a normal voice this time to everypony around. “Hear me, villagers! All of you! Call me Luna!”

There was a lot of chatter between everypony, mostly all of it was approval of the name choice, once everypony seemed to approve of this name. Luna really wanted to try out the game Applejack mentioned to her.

“Show me to these bobbing apples, dear Applejack.”

“Whoa!” Pipsqueak was unsupervised and he fell ij the pit of Apples.

“Pip!” Syera and Luna rushed to his side and helped pull him out. However it seemed at that moment again, Pinkie had come at the wrong time as well as the children following her.

“Hey, gals. Anypony seen Pip? We lost him the last time we had to run– Aaah! Nightmare Moon is gobbling Pipsqueak! Everypony run!” Pinkie then ran with the remaining young foals and fillies who screamed and ran away from her.

“Pinkie Pie! Stop this!” Syera shouted however the pink pony didn't listen and just scrambled along with the kids, and the delirious Pipsqueak had jumped out of Luna’s clutches before he could be settled by Syera.

“Help! My backside has been gobbled!” Pip screamed as he ran away, however this statement made Luna very angry.

“Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!” She told as her hoof came down to the ground in a hard stomp. The ground cracked and thunder struck from her anger. “Fair villagers, please do not back away. Let us join together in... fun!” It was then Luna picked up one of the toy Spiders and tossed it near the web. However it didn’t seem to calm them down so she went to extreme measures.

“Not enough fun for you? What say you to this?!” It was then she had zapped the bowl full of spiders and they came to life! Most of them went towards the web. However some did not and went and crawled on the ponies.

“Huzzah! How many points do I receive?” Princess Luna asked in a cheerful tone. However everypony went in total panic due to the fact of the Spiders running a muck.

“Do not run away, As your princess, we command you!” However her regular tone isn't cutting it even when she yelled minorly. Everypony was still screaming. Even Twilight and Syera were trying to no avail.

“Be... still!!!!” Princess Luna shouted in her royal canterlot voice, which echoed for a good thirty seconds, maybe more from how loud it was. And the ground and every around shook and a small storm of lightning and thunder roared overhead.

“Princess, remember! Watch the screaming!” Twilight told with concern.

“You have to keep your voice in check Luna, it’ll scare them even more!” Syera told also with concern as she kneeled down near Twilight, which is when the Princess had gotten into both of their faces and spoke in that roaring Canterlot voice.

“No! We must use the traditional royal Canterlot voice for what we are about to say my dears.” She spoke with a smile at the end, however it seemed that this news was not going to be good. “Since you choose to fear your princess rather than love her, and dishonor her with this insulting celebration, we decree that Nightmare Night shall be canceled! Forever!” With that declared. Luna had vanished and left town for the moment. This news left the town shambles and tears from the children and adults.

“Ah shoot. We had everything goin' our way. Luna was happy, everypony in town was happy, now look at 'em.” Applejack told as the colts and fillies were crying since they wanted to be some else next time this celebration came around.

“No… This is not over yet.” Syera told as she took her helmet off and tossed it to ground since she was finally tired of it and fixed her hair.

“What are we gonna do?” Applejack asked.

“I don't know yet, but for now, I'm gonna do what Twilight usually does to me each time I feel gloomy.” Syera told balling her hands into fists.

“Oh? What might that be dear sister of mine?” Twilight asked with a sly smirk.

“Lecture her, and to be more specific, lecture on why it is a good idea to keep Nightmare Night going for years to come.” Syera explained which is when Applejack let out a laugh and Twilight sighed in a bit of shame since she knew that’s what she usually does.

“Well I better come with you if that’s the case Syera.” Twilight told as Syera began to walk to where the Princess was heading. The two eventually caught up to her as she trotted sadly across a bridge heading out of town.

“Princess Luna.” Twilight called to her.

“Your Highness” Syera chimed in with her.

“Leave me be, Syera and Twilight Sparkle.” She told them with a sadden tone of voice. It really did hit the nail on the coffin when it comes to her sadness and how she had to forbid Nightmare Night.

“Princess, We’re very sorry that it hasn't worked out how you wanted.” Twilight told as Syera spoke next.

“But you have to believe us, when we tell you that Nightmare Night is one of the most popular celebrations we have. And it's not just about the frights or the imitations of the them that bring us together, but it also to show we live through another year free of harm as we dress as those who haunt in all of us in our nightmares. And you, not by remembering you as Nightmare Moon but a guardian that shields us in our dreams, Princess Luna. Give us a chance to fix this.” Syera told, and it was then Luna gave the saiyan a serious look then a smile and gave her a firm embrace, the Princess’s embrace was nearly squeezing her down, even though Luna was half her size, she was still very strong.

“Thank you Syera, I needed to hear that from you. However it does not change the fact of how the children see me as of now… By all the adoring shrieks of them as they run away… But I shall listen to what you have to suggest.” It was would seem Princess Luna was giving the two of them a chance to fix Nightmare Night, however to do so, Syera and Twilight needed to find the culprit behind all the screaming ruckus behind the kids screaming and running away.

“Pinkie Pie… Twilight, do you still have that bag of candy I told you to hold onto?” Syera asked the lavender unicorn who nodded yes in response.

“Yes I do, what are you planning?” Twilight asked as she handed over the bag of candy to Syera in her magic grasp and let go as the Saiyan grabbed hold of it.

“You’ll see, what else attracts that boundary breaking party animal besides a few sweets?” Syera asked as she put her hand on her side and bobbed the bag up and down in her hand.

“More sweets?” Luna asked to the question.

“Damn straight Princess, you an A+ for that one. Now let’s get to work.” Syera told with a smile as they put out their plan in focus. It was very simple, make a candy trail only Pinkie would notice since they put out her favorites that lead to a side alley in town. Eventually near the last pieces of candy, Syera then tackled her against the wall and powered up to Super Saiyan.

“No more!” Syera shouted.

“No more what?!” Pinkie shrieked and screamed a bit more.

“No shrieking, screaming or squealing like the little chicken you are, get that in your head, okay?!” Syera told as she pressed more strength into Pinkie to where she squeaked a little.

“O-Okay…!” Pinkie told in a muffled voice since when Syera explained it to her, she got too loud and covered her mouth. And so when Pinkie seemed to get the point across, Syera powered down and let the pink pony drop to the floor with a bit of a loud thump. And so Twilight came into the picture.

“Easy Syera, I think you got your point across. Now Pinkie, there's something I want you to see. And I promise that it's safe, but you really, really, really can't shriek. Do you promise not to shriek?” Twilight asked the pink pony in question.

“Mm-hmm.” Pinkie told with a firm nod, but when she saw Princess Luna step out the shadows, she was shocked and squawked a little but covered her mouth.

“Now… Pinkie Pie, you remember Princess Luna, yes?” Syera gestured a hand to her as she came close.

“Ah. The ringleader of the frightened children. Hast thou come to make peace?” Princess Luna seemed hostile at first but when the mention of peace came to mind, Pinkie warmed up and smiled as she took Luna’s hoof with her own, and so, things were turning out good. Until it did not… All of a sudden, a nearby thundercrash sounded with lightning cracked and shocked both of them. However when it happened, Luna flinched a little and the brief moment made it seem her eyes glowed for a moment. And this really sealed the deal and Pinkie was on the run again.

“Nightmare Moon!” she squawked out as she ran fast like the chicken she portrayed. It was then Syera looked up and got mad at the culprit of this unexpected turn of event.

“Rainbow! Stop it now!” Twilight shouted to her which made her fall out laughing on her storm cloud. It was then Syera instant transmissioned her way in front of Pinkie’s pathway and tackled her down.

“Don't you get it?! She has changed, Pinkie! She is not evil nor scary anymore, and she definitely doesn't want to gobble you up in a big stew or feast!” Syera wasn’t playing around this time and held her down.

“Well, duh.” Pinkie told with a not so shocked tone.

“Huh?” Twilight and Syera both said as they handled things out with her and Princess Luna.

“I know that. Sheesh, you two. I'm almost as big as her, how's she gonna gobble me up? Also I doubt she would since Syera would make her force herself to hack me back up.” Pinkie Pie explained.

“If what you are saying is true, then why do you keep running away and screaming like… well… a chicken?” Twilight was trying her best to avoid that pun since she was dressed as a real chicken.

“Sometimes it's just really fun to be scared!” Pinkie explained as she was still being held down by the Saiyan.

“Fun?” Syera asked confused.

“To be scared?!” Twilight gasped and so did Syera as they thought the same darn thing at that very moment.

“Pinkie Pie, you're a genius!” Syera and Twilight both shouted to her as Syera got off her and helped her up.

“No, I'm not. I'm a chicken.” Pinkie told then proceeded to squawk like a chicken.

“Princess Luna! we’ve finally figured out why you're having so much trouble being liked!” Twilight explained however Luna did not seem to greatful or even too enthusiastic about it.

Forgive me if I withhold my enthusiasm.” She told in a deadpan tone of voice. It was then Syera got the idea from Twilight as they were going forward.

“Come on Princess, we still have work to do. And here’s the plan. Can you still transform or appear as you were as Nightmare Moon? Cause you’ll need these. Now I’m gonna lead the Townsfolk into position. Get her ready Twilight.” Syera told as she used instant transmission to get back to where Spike, Applejack and the rest were.

“Gosh. I never thought my very first Nightmare Night would be my very last.” Pipsqueak told to himself as he looked around.

“Come, little Pip. Now don't you fret. Nightmare Night's not over yet. We still have candy left to give, so Nightmare Moon might let us live.” Zecord told the young foal.

“She’s right Pip, we all still have a chance to redeem ourselves, Come on Everypony, gather every single piece of candy you have and dump it here and we shall all bring it to the Nightmare Moon statue. And if the Mare in the Moon decided to show herself, then… Hrrrag!” Syera paused for a moment to transform into Super Saiyan. “Then it’ll just have to be a fight for our freedom.”

“Syera you look like you have something planned, what’s going on?” Spike asked her as he came by her side.

“Heh, just wait and see. It’ll be fun.” Syera told smiling.

“Ya know what, you’re right. Come on Kids, let’s go and get this candy to the Nightmare Moon statue, we got our Saiyan friend on our side to help us.” Applejack chimed in with a smile and the kids cheered for the moment.

“Yes. Come on, little ponies. What's Nightmare Night without the annual candy offering? You don't want Nightmare Moon to gobble you up, doooo yoooou?” Mayor Mare told in her spooky voice even though her clown outfit was kinda killing it.

“Aw, the rainbow wig just kills it for me…” Spike told

“You’re telling me, yeesh just look away.” Syera told as she then gathered the candy with the little fillies and colts and carried the huge back to the statue as an offering.

“Goodbye, Nightmare Night. Forever.” Pipsqueak told as he placed his last bit of candy in the pile near the statue. However before all them left, the wind started to pick up again.

“Here we go again…” Syera told as she readies herself for what is about to happen as the plan goes forward.

“Citizens of Ponyville! You were wise to bring this candy to me. I am pleased with your offering. So pleased that I may just eat it... instead of eating you!” Princess Luna was in her Nightmare Moon form as she scared everypony there. However Syera stood her ground and flinched a little at the force of her voice. However, everypony ran for cover while Syera approached the princess as she spat out the fake sharp teeth she had given her

“I am not certain that did what you meant for it to do.” Luna told as she stepped down from the statue near Twilight and Syera.

“Just give it a moment Princess, it’ll run its course.” Twilight told with a confident smile.

“What do you mean, run its course? For what purpose? For... for them to scream some more?” Luna asked a bit confused.

“Actually, quite the opposite, observe.” Syera told as she saw Pipsqueak come over to the princess and tug on her mane to get her attention.

“Um... Princess Luna?” She faced the young colt as he began to speak. “I know there's not gonna be any more Nightmare Night, but do you suppose maybe you could come back next year and scare us again anyway?” He asked all calm and collected with a innocent look upon his face.

“Child. Art thou saying that thou... likest me to scare you?” Princess Luna asked confused as she lookef back at Syera and Twilight, they nodded as if to fulfil their his request for him and the children.

“It's really fun! Scary indeed yes… but fun! We all enjoy it!” Pipsqueak explained as some of the other children were still standing back and waved to her nervously smiling.

“It... is?” Princess Luna asked still confused, however it was coming to her of what the young colt before her was meaning.

“Yeah! Nightmare Night is my favorite night of the year.” Pipsqueak told with all the joy in his voice out loud. There was a brief pause of thought before she came to her final thought.

“Well then. We shall have to bring…” She paused then used her booming Canterlot voice. “Nightmare Night back!”

“Whoa! You're my favorite princess ever!" It wad then Pipsqueak ran back to the rest of the fillies and colts with the good news. "She said yes, you guys!"

"YAY!!!!" Cheered all the foals still dressed too and fro in their nightmare night costumes.

"See? They really do like you, princess." Twilight told the Princess of the Night.

"I guess it's safe to say that our project to see those for you Princess is a success." Syera added with a smile as she crossed her arms as the foals cheered in joy.

"Can it be true?" Princess Luna asked herself.

With a firm nod from Syera and Twilight, the princess erupted with joy as she shouted in her booming Canterlot voice. "Oh, most wonderful of-!" However she corrected herself and spoke on a normal tone of voice. "I mean... Oh, most wonderful of nights."

And so as the night went on to the late hours when the night was at its peak of festivities. Syera and Princess Luna were actually a great pair in a lot of activities, chucking pumpkins was a serious sport in which showed their strength. Diving for apples was another. As well as spider tossing and even the eating contests, now of course not many treats were consumed by other like Syera or Pinkie Pie, even after all the candy consumed.

"You think it's Time Twilight?" Syera asked her sister.

"Yes, Spike. Take a letter" Twilight told their right hand dragon assistant.

"Dear Princess Celestia,
When you first sent us to Ponyville, we didn't know anything about friendship." Twilight spoke first

"Though we both met somepony tonight who was having the same problem -- your sister, Princess Luna!" Syera spoke after and it continued back to back with them as spike wrote.

"She had taught us one of the best things you can do with friendship. And that is to give it to others, and help them find it themselves!" Twilight told as it now ended off with Syera finishing the rest of the letter.

"And it's safe to say that we are happy to report that all of Ponyville has learned that even if somepony seems a little intimidating, even scary, when you offer them your friendship, you'll discover a whole new pony underneath-" Syera paused then looked over at Twilight. "And even if Twilight's Star Swirl the Bearded costume didn't go over, this still turned out to be the best Nightmare Night we all ever had."

"Your faithful students- Syera and Twilight Sparkle." The two spoke together at the end and Spike readied the letter for sending it to the princess. However little did they know Rainbow Dash was planning another shocking surprise.

Syera though sensed her nearly at the last possible moment. But her job was done for her when she saw Rainbow Dash was shocked in the flank by something or rather somepony else.

"GAHHH!!!" she screamed as she scurried away in pain and shock. However when the three looked in the direction of Rainbow Dash's path of flight. Down came Princess Luna on the raincloud. She winked at the three and they all shared a laugh.

"I gotta say Princess, you were right. This is indeed most wonderful of nights." Syera hovered next to the Princess in a sitting matter as Twilight and Spike climbed onto the saiyan's shoulders as they all shared gaze up at the bright moon and stars above.

What awaits Syera and the others, what lies beyond, in Equestrian or beyond.

Find out, next time.

PreviousChapters Next