• Published 30th Jan 2016
  • 4,607 Views, 146 Comments

Syera: The Equestrian Saiyan - SolidSparkle117



Syera, one of the last Saiyans sent to Equestria and her Destiny lies ahead with Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Applejack and most importantly Princess Celestia, Princess Luna Shining Armor and Princess Cadence

  • ...
19
 146
 4,607

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 14: Who is the number one athlete? The Pegasus Pony or Earth Pony?

Author's Note:

Been writing this one for a while now and finished it yesterday but was too tired to post, with one final check, here it is. Enjoy :pinkiehappy:

Oh by the way, there might be a new story being added here soon, me and a friend just have to page and chapter it out. So stayed tuned in daily here on my profile.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled program:

Last Time on Syera, the Equestrian Saiyan!

She and her friend Pinkie Pie were able to drive an infestation of Parasprites out of Ponyville so they could save their home from being eaten by them. Now the Saiyan and her friends continue their peaceful lives, but what new adventure lies ahead? Find out now!

cue intro music ~ Who is the number one athlete? The Pegasus Pony or Earth Pony?

Syera, Rainbow Dash and Applejack decided to get together and hang out on the farm, it was at that moment they decided to play the Horseshoe toss game.

“Hoo-wee! Not a bad pitch for a pony who works with her head in the clouds.” Applejack complements Rainbow Dash on her throw. Though it sounded as if the farm pony wasn’t impressed.

“Oh yeah? Think you can do better, cowgirl?” Rainbow Dash retorted back to Applejack, who happened to have a retort of her own back at the pegasus pony.

“Ah know I can.” With a grunt, she tossed her horseshoe but came not so close to Rainbow Dash’s “Oh, for Pete's sake!”

“You two wanna see a horseshoe toss, I’ll give you a good one. Mmm....” Syera had a horseshoe in hand and took a stance. With a flick of her wrist, she let the horseshoe fly out her grasp and it made contact with the rod in the ground and spun around very fast. "Ha! alright, that was great!" Syera cheered in glory.

“Heh! Looks like the saiyan and pegasus can pitch better than the workhorse. The object of the game is to get the closest to the stake, but seeing how Syera did it so easily…” Rainbow Dash told the orange mare.

“All right, all right. You got another throw there, ponygirl.” Applejack told the pegasus and with a grunt and a toss, the horseshoe flew out her grasp but she missed just as bad as Applejack did her first try.

With a sarcastic tone of voice, Apple jack said “Wow, Rainbow, heh. You couldn't hit a barn door with that kind of throw!”

“Yeah, yeah. Syera has it dead on while you and I still have the closest throw, Applesmack.” Rainbow taunted AJ, but she showed her once she made contact with the rod in the ground with her last horseshoe.

“Yee-haw! It's a ringer. That's how you do it down here on the farm.” Applejack cheered proudly while Syera clapped for the country mare.

“Awesome! that was even better than when I did it, wow Applejack. You truly are good at this game.” Syera continued to clap while Rainbow Dash had her head low.

“I lost…” Rainbow sounded very discouraged.

“Ah, don't feel bad, Rainbow.” Applejack told her and Syera added.

“Yeah, when It comes to it in the end Dashie, it's all in good fun and just a game really, you’ll win next time.”

“I hate losing.” Rainbow Dash said sharply and kinda angry. It was then Syera got on one knee and came close to Dash and placed a hand on her back, just above her wings.

“Trust me, I know how you feel Rainbow Dash. But you can’t be number 1 at everything, I’ve learned that lesson the hardway. It’s still one of the reasons that keeps me going and becoming stronger and better, take Nightmare Moon for example. She was one of the strongest enemies we ever fought, and I hope to strive even higher than her.” Syera told Rainbow Dash.

“That is true but, that’s easy for you to say. You are already crazy strong, why become stronger? I mean you can already go Super Saiyan right, shouldn’t that be enough?” Rainbow Dash asked, but a simple head shake from Syera told her no.

“No, I feel I can push myself even higher. I don’t know what it is, if it’s stubbornness or something else. But it’s the same reason why you hate losing, because I don’t like it either. But think of it as this, you are learning. Come back smarter and stronger. The only person you need to believe in at that moment is, yourself.” Syera explained then Applejack chimed in.

“She’s right Rainbow. Besides, you're a mighty good athlete indeed. I happen to be just better. Heh heh heh.” The cowgirl told her, but this caused Syera to think for a moment then speak.

“Well, I wouldn’t say better Applejack, if anything I’d say you and Rainbow Dash have a lot in common. You both have room to grow, I can see it. Maybe you shouldn’t jump the gun just yet and say you’re better just because you’ve beaten Dashie here in one game.” Syera told Applejack with a smirk, this caused Rainbow Dash to perk up, she definitely had an idea.

“Hmm, hold on Syera, I got something. Alright, Applejack, you think you're the top athlete in all of Ponyville?” Rainbow asked Applejack with a smirk of her own.

“Well, Ah’d say in all of Equestria, but that might be jumping the gun too far as Syera put it.” Applejack said exclaiming and seeing how her statement is obviously false.

“...And I think I'm the top athlete. So let's prove it.” Rainbow told the orange mare, which kinda caught her off guard as to what she means.

“Prove what?” She asked and Rainbow Dash said.

“I challenge you to an Iron Pony competition. A series of athletic contests to decide who's the best, once and for all”

“You know what, Rainbow? You're On.” With that said, they both spat on their hooves and shook on it. Then the two looked at Syera.

“And Syera here will be the judge.” Rainbow Dash exclaimed, this is when the Saiyan got put on the spot and put her hands up.

“Whoa now, slow down. I think you might want more than just me to be the judge of you two. Oh, I got an idea, I’ll be back you two.” Syera then used Instant Transmission to then get something together, somewhat of a crowd to be a judge of who is the better pony. Applejack… Or… Rainbow Dash.

It was then Syera rounded up Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Fluttershy, Twilight and Spike to help out with this whole competition between Applejack and Rainbow Dash.

"So you two are doing what, now?" Twilight asked.

Applejack only got out “An Iron—” Since she was interrupted by Rainbow Dash, who finished for her saying “Iron Pony competition.” with an excited expression.

“See, we've set up a bunch of events to decide which one of us is—” Applejack explained but Rainbow Dash beat her to it again and finished for her.

“The most athletic pony ever!” Rainbow told with that same excited smile.

“And me and Twilight are here to do what again?” Syera asked as she totally forgot her position in all this with her unicorn sister.

“I don't know. Why are these two here?” Rainbow Dash asked as she looked at Applejack.

“To be our judge and keep score.” Applejack explained to the brash pegasus.

“That’s Right... Heh, I guess Somepony's gotta record my awesomeness for the history books.” Rainbow Dash said as she stretched and readied herself for the obstacles her and the farm pony came up with.

“Yeah, sure. Somebody has to do it, along with AJ’s awesomeness, remember that one Dashie.” Syera told her as AJ and Dashie began their stretches and warm-ups

“Glad to see that somepony thinks I’m awesome, ah thank you Syera.” AJ said with a happy smile.

“No problem, anyway I think you two should start. Don’t want everypony to think you guys are a no show.” Syera told them which kinda got under Rainbow Dash’s skin a little.

“A no show?! Ha! Like I’d ever let down a crowd, let’s do this Applejack!” Rainbow Dash said hoof bumping her opponent.

“Alright, c’mon Rainbow Dash! Show me whatcha got!” It was then, Applejack and Rainbow Dash got ready for the first obstacle of the competition.

“Hello everypony, and welcome to the Iron Pony Competition!” Spike shouted out on Twilight’s back, this statement gave her a confused look.

“Who are you talking to?” She asked.

“Um… them, the crowd of course. Alright, let’s get this show on the road!” With that said, the first obstacle began. The objective of this one was to run and dodge incoming barrels from left to right, side to side. Applejack went first.

“Ready? Go!” Twilight shouted and Applejack took off like a snake catchin’ its prey. She was doing great, only falter was that she hit the second to last barrel on the course.

“Oh dagnabbit!” She shouted as she crossed the finish line.

“Time! 17 seconds!” Syera called out. “But you get a five second penalty for nudging that barrel AJ, sorry.” the saiyan told the orange mare.

Nuts and chews! Still, that's 22 seconds. Not too shabby.” Applejack said, but then she saw that Rainbow Dash seemed a bit fidgety, so she trotted over and put a hoof on her shoulder. “Hey, don't be nervous. Remember, it's all in good fun. Now git on up there.” It was then Dashie made her run and moved in and out of the barrels without touching one.

“Woo! That was some fancy hoof-work there, Rainbow!” Applejack cheered and clapped her hooves on the ground in applause.

“Thanks, but I…. couldn't have been as fast as you.” She said, but Applejack asked for the time from Syera and Spike.

“What was the time on that, you two?” She asked.

“Time! 18 seconds, Rainbow Dash is the winner of the first obstacle!” Syera and Spike called out.

“Oh?! I… can’t believe that I won!” Rainbow Dash said in a surprised tone of voice and got very happy.

“Yea, very well done. But don’t get too cocky, you still got more obstacles to go Dashie.” Syera added and AJ said as well

“Yeah, don't you go gettin' used to it. We still got more in store.” With that said, the games went on.

One by one, Applejack won a game, then Rainbow Dash, and back to back. They kept Tieing it up, but only one was gonna make it to the top. This next challenge in the competition involved push-ups, Syera was only using 2 fingers on her left hand only to coach these two in them. AJ using her front hooves, while Dashie was using her wings

“92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99….100!” Syera called out, only the pony who made it to 100 was Rainbow Dash, by a slim chance since both of them gave out about the same time, but AJ lost it on push-up 99. However it seemed that Rainbow only won that challenge due to her last little burst of her wings, AJ didn’t like it one bit but kept her cool. Syera saw it too but didn’t speak out about it. Instead, letting the challenges continue.

“Alright, you two. This is the final event. Give it all you've got.” Twilight told the workhorse and pegasus pony. It was a game of tug of war, a rope was in the mouths of the two, both ends trying to pull themselves into a pit of mud.

Some were cheering from Rainbow Dash while others were cheering for Applejack. Syera stood by with her arms crossed, she was seeing the struggle between the two. Knowing Rainbow Dash, she would try something sneaky.

And her gut feeling was right. “Hmm…” Syera was getting a little aggravated but kept calm about it.

Applejack was now dangling by her pegasus pony friend, what she did was pull her up in the air by taking flight high above.

“That's not fair. You can't use your wings to help you win!” Applejack said aggravated as she was held by on the other side of the rope.

“Huh?” Rainbow Dash acted like she wasn’t doing anything wrong.

With a mumbled voice with the rope in her mouth. “You're cheatin'!” AJ told her.

“I can't understand you with that rope in your mouth.” Rainbow Dash was now baiting her to let go the rope, looks like she fell for it.

“Ah said you’re… uh oh.” AJ then began to fall down into the mud. But before she made contact, it was then Syera then lightly pushed her out of the way of the mud. This caused a gasp from the crowd, and soon Syera floated down and as her feet came close to the mud, it seemed as if her aura seemed to make the ground harden and crack.

“Uh… Syera? You ok?” Rainbow Dash asked her saiyan friend, it was then Syera gave her a stern look.

“Shame on you. I honestly didn’t say anything before, but you using your wings like that at this final stretch in the competition was the last straw.” Syera told her, Applejack then stood up and agreed with Syera.

“Ah agree, You used your wingpower to help you win the last contest, I wasn’t gonna complain about the others but this one was totally unfair and you truly cheated!” Applejack said in anger.

“Sour Apples! You never told me I couldn’t use my wings in the first place so I believe I still won fair and square.” Rainbow countered back at the two.

“Honestly, to make it fair I think you already would know not to!” Applejack told her back.

“To be fair Dashie, you shouldn’t have used your wings at that last stretch, if anything during a tug of war, if It were me instead of Applejack, it be even game since we can both take flight, but Applejack here can’t. See what we mean?” Syera told her brash pegasus friend. When Dash thought about what the two said to her, it was then she slowly nodded with an ashamed look on her face.

“You’re right, I guess I should’ve just used my raw strength instead of my wings. But I’d say technically I used my strength holding her up by that rope like that.” She said with a smirk, but this caused a sigh of annoyance.

“Alright, fine. Think that way if you want, but Ah challenge you to one more event. The Running of the Leaves is tomorrow, and I bet ah I will indeed beat you in it.” Applejack said in proposal to Rainbow Dash, wondering if she will accept the challenge.

“Ya know what, you’re on. Let the running of the leaves be our official tie breaker!” Rainbow stated and the two spat in their hooves and bumped them together, getting in each other’s faces in the process. But then Dash blew a raspberry out of nowhere and made them both share a chuckle before having another serious stare moment.

“Alright you two, break it up. Best save your energy for the Running of the Leaves tomorrow.” Syera said as she broke the two apart.

“Don’t be late Sally.” Applejack told Dash.

“Same to you Jack in-a box” Rainbow retorted then took off. It was then everypony went their separate ways after the whole “Iron Pony Competition” thingy those two had.

As Syera, Spike and Twilight made their way back to Library to recollect today’s events, Twilight then had a very interesting request for Syera to do with her.

“Um… Syri? I have a favor I need of you.” Twilight asked her sister, who was currently walking with her and Spike with her arms up behind her and her hands on the back of her head and she glanced at her lavender pony sister.

“Hmm? What is it Twili?” Syera asked her. For what she was about to ask her was not what she was expecting.

“Can you… train me? In running, I actually had a thought pop in my head, see the whole running of the leaves thing tomorrow, I want to enter it.” Her saying this thing to Syera made her shocked.

“You! Want me...to train you?!” Syera asked in awe, with a confident look and smirk coming from Twilight she nodded. Knowing that Syera would be honored to do so and excited to as well.

“Yes, hell yes I will. Actually, I’m flattered. But something tells me this is more about just training and entering the race.” Syera hinted and she was right.

“Yes you are correct sis, I want to enter so I could maybe teach Rainbow Dash and Applejack a lesson or two about their whole rivalry thing, I just don’t want it to be the end of their friendship, you know?” Twilight told her.

“Indeed, I could see the tension build up a mile away. I definitely don’t want to see those two break apart.” Spike added.

“Hmm...Both of you are right, Applejack is a little on edge after Dash pulled that stunt by using her wings. Both are great athletes no doubt, but to be truly the best, Dashie needs to know when to play fair, and I fear AJ might do something drastic because of her actions.” Syera finished with a content sigh but then a confident smile. “Alright, let’s get started on your training then sis, the sooner you are ready to compete. The better chance you stand against those two and their egos to be the best around.”

Over the next few hours of the remaining daylight. Syera trained Twilight in ways of keeping up her stamina while running. learning to pace herself, know when it is time to unleash all she has once the finish line is near the end. They did this repeatedly, till eventually when they both began to do a trial run of the race, Syera couldn’t believe how quick and fast her sister was. First time they did it, Syera wiped the floor with Twilight without even trying, now she was fast on her feet. Ready to go out and give this race all she has.

“Phew, wow. I gotta remember to ask you Syera, if I want to work out.” Twilight said to her, since usually Twilight is a bookworm, she doesn’t work out very much which isn’t so bad if she didn’t snack on so much junk late at night when studying and doing research.

“Yea, well you know where to find me. Alright.” With a clap of her hands. “Let’s go over the process. Which is the best way to run a race?” Syera asked Twilight.

“Slow and Steady Pace is the best way to go about a clean race.” She told her.

“Good, now what should you do once the finish line is in sight?” Syera asked.

“Give it all you have and sprint to the finish as fast as you can.” Twilight said with a big smile and this caused a smile from Syera as well and she nodded greatly.

“Yes yes yes! And finally, what is the most important thing to have and be in a race?” Syera asked one last time to Twilight.

“It is to have fun and be careful!” Twilight said with a confident smile. It was then the two shared a tight embrace. But they stopped when they both smelled each other, the smell of sweat and determination was scented between the two.

“Ooo….we should probably go take a bath.” Syera suggested as they smelled each other.

“I agree, I’ll wash your back and you wash mine?” Twilight added and with a nod, the two then headed back to the library to get in the bath.

“Hey Spike, can you get these washed?” Syera asked she stripped down and took a towel around herself.

“Not a problem, I’ll get it done Syera. Phew… looks like you two have worked up quite a sweat.” Spike said as he got a whiff of the Saiyan’s clothes and got to washing them right away.

Once the two sisters got in the bathroom. They started to have a bit of small talk as she bathed together.

“Hey Syera?”

“Yeah Twilight?”

“You think maybe I’ll do good in the Running of the Leaves?”

“I know you’ll do good Twi, no doubt about it. Besides, I’m sure all of the ponies here in this peaceful little town will be able to get a lot of leaves out of the trees.”

“Hmm.. Thanks Syera, I’m glad that you can bring such confidence in times like these.”

It was then Twilight nuzzled Syera softly, soon the two got out of the bathroom after washing each other up. Syera soon got in some pajama shorts and a white tank top shirt. Spike was as quick as ever with her laundry too since her Gi was fresh, clean and dry, as well as folded neatly.

“Ahh… thanks Spike” Syera said to herself. However before the saiyan retired for the night, she made sure that Twilight wasn’t pulling an all nighter of studying.

Funny thing was that she was now reading something while in her bed.

“Whatcha reading Twi?” Syera asked as she leaned over the lavender colored pony. Twilight then replied with a bit of a chuckle then said.

“It’s nothing. Just a book on racing is all, It’s basically a rundown of what you told me in our little training session.” Twilight explained.

“Hmm… I see, well don’t read too much tonight alright Twi? If you’re serious about this “Running of the Leaves” event then you best get your rest, it’s close to midnight.” Syera was eager to get Twilight to get her rest.

“Yes yes, I know Syera. Don’t worry, I just want to you know… review is all, you know how I am when it comes to reading stuff related to the current topic at hoof, or hand in your case.” Twilight told her, but it was then Syera shut the book closed and put it on her sister’s nightstand.

“Yes, and now I’m telling you… definitely break that habit for now and get some rest.” Syera said with a smirk, it was then Twilight chuckled and nodded in agreement.

“Yeah, you’re right. Let’s get some sleep, goodnight Syera, goodnight Spike.” Twilight told the Saiyan and Dragon living with her in the golden oak library.

“Goodnight Twilight.” They both said as then it went quiet and dark as the lights went off in the library and sleep took over the trio.

The next morning, it was the big event. The Running of the leaves would start at High Noon.

“Come on Twilight, Syera, we’re gonna be late!” Spike shouted out from downstairs.

“Ok, ok Spike. Why are you so excited about the race? It's only for ponies.” Twilight asked.

“That is true, wait… Are you trying to be the announcer again? Just like before?” Syera asked with a smile as she crossed her arms.

“Yeah, I was hoping I can be the announcer again.” Spike said.

It was then the three made their way to the event, it was then Twilight made her way to the sign up booth to get a number. She was number 42.

“Give it your best Twilight, I know you’ll do great.” Syera told her sister.

“Thanks Syera, well… here goes nothing I suppose.” Twilight made her way to the starting line, where she was met with Applejack and Rainbow Dash. Both still biting at each other’s throats, to make sure the pegasus wouldn’t cheat by using her wings, AJ tied a rope to her, compressing her wings to her body.

“There, that a’ought hold ya nice and trussed up like a turkey. Well, a turkey who can't fly, that is..” AJ said with a small smirk after she bounded Rainbow’s wings to her sides.

“Yeah yeah, very funny” Rainbow Dash said as she adjusted herself to new found state of being.

“Twilight? What in tarnation are you doin' up here?” Applejack asked as she finally spotted the lavender unicorn pony.

“I'm racing of course.” She replied

And came a laugh from the two. “Good one” Rainbow said to her joke, only it wasn't a joke, Twilight was serious.

“I'm not joking.” Twilight retorted.

“What? You're not an athlete, you're a... well... you're an egghead.” The pegasus mocked the unicorn with such a vulgar term.

“I am not an egghead, I am well-read.” She told her brash friend.

“Egghead.” She whispered softly to Applejack who snickers in response.

“But have you ever run a race?” Applejack asked the lavender pony.

Twilight then answered “Well, no, but I do know a lot about running.” She told them with a confident smile.

“And you know this from…?” Rainbow asked, waiting for Twilight to give her an answer.

“I've read several on the subject, obviously” She told Rainbow Dash and then the pegasus pony retorted with

“What'd you read, "The Egghead's Guide to Running"? Did you stretch out your eye muscles to warm up?” She paused getting a good laugh. “Get it? Eye muscles.” She continued to laugh.

“I wouldn’t underestimate her if I were you Rainbow Dash.” Syera told her as she walked up smiling.

“Oh yeah? What do you mean exactly, I mean come on, your sister is a bonafide egghead, there’s no way she could win.” Rainbow Dash said and she was a bit irritated.

“Think what you will Rainbow Dash, but I’ve seen this “egghead” of a sister of mine run pretty well, since I did train her after all.” Syera said as she extended her arm and hand out as she gestured towards Twilight.

This caused a bit of a gasp from Rainbow Dash and Applejack.

“Are ya’ll serious? She trained you for this event.” Applejack asked since Twilight isn’t very well known for an athlete. But in just a short training session with Syera will make a big difference. However Rainbow Dash refused to believe the claim.

“Yeah right, you're just saying to intimidate us with how intense your Training can be, but I’ve been racing for years, there’s no way I’m gonna lose to Twilight!” Rainbow Dash said as she stomped her right hoof on the ground.

“I didn’t say you were, but… ya never know. Anyway, I think I might go see Pinkie and Spike. Might even commentate on the race, good luck to all of you, and you importantly Twilight.” Syera said as she took off in the air but was stopped by Applejack’s voice.

“Wait, why does Twilight need the best of luck?” She asked a bit agitated. This caused Syera to roll her eyes.

“Come on, be considerate AJ. It is her first race after all. Anyway, see ya after the race, we’ll have lunch!” Syera said as she used instant transmission to go to where Spike and Pinkie were.

“Racers! Please take your positions!” Pinkie said over the loudspeaker for everypony to get into starting positions. Just as Syera appeared behind her, she said. “Hi Syera! Ooo, isn’t this race gonna be exciting!” The Pink pony asked.

“Indeed, where is Spike at? Isn’t he gonna be Commentating with you?” The saiyan asked. but as Pinkie was about to respond, Spike was walking up to the two.

“Um... Pinkie Pie?” The young purple dragon asked the pink pony.

“Hey, Spike! Me and Syera were just mentioning you. Would you like to be my co-reporter on the action? We could comment on the event together” Pinkie told him.

“We could?” Spike asked excitedly.

“Yup, Climb on up. Syera, do you wanna be our third co-reporter?” Pinkie asked.

The caused a smile from the saiyan. “Oh sure, I could see myself doing some good commentating for this race. I could even get close to the action and see everything.” Syera said and this made Pinkie want to have the saiyan as a reporter on the race even more.

“Ooo! that sounds wonderful, climb aboard and we’ll get this show on the road!” Pinkie told Syera, who soon stepped on the hot air balloon and crouched down so they could take off.

“All right, ponies. Ready?” Pinkie said first.

“Get set.” Spike shouted next.

“Go!” Syera said last as a bell rang to sound off the race start.

“And they're off! Welcome to the official coverage of the Running of the Leaves! You know, Spike, despite its name, the leaves don't do any of the actual running.” Pinkie asked the green dragon.

“No, that's left to my little ponies.” Spike told.

But then Syera commented “Why, yes, Pinkie, it's called the running of the leaves but all of the ponies running is what causes the leaves to fall down to the ground.” the saiyan explained. Which caused Pinkie to be disgusted at the Leaves’ laziness of coming off the trees.

“Ugh. Those lazy, lazy leaves. But this year, the run is about more than the weather. It's about the race to the finish and the two runners who want to win it: Applejack and Rainbow Dash.” Pinkie said.

“You know, Pinkie, these two ponies have a bit of a grudge match they're trying to settle. Trying to prove who's the most athletic” Spike told Pinkie Pie.

“I’d call it more of a grudge, it’s definitely a true confrontation to see who will come out on top. I just my dear sister Twilight doesn’t get caught in their shenanigans or anypony else for that matter perhaps.” Syera told her two co-reporters on the race.

Yes indeed Syera, and I just realized, "grudge" rhymes with "fudge".” Pinkie said cracking a small joke that she and Syera laughed a little bit on.

“Yes, it... does. What?” Spike asked confused to Pinkie’ little remark on fudge rhyming with grudge.

“And I like fudge. But if I eat too much fudge I get a pudge and then I can't budge.” Pinkie said remarking fudge messing with her figure.

“Really? Cause I’ve seen you go on a sweet feast Pinkie, and it’s almost if you're like me but with sweets, eat so much and don’t get out of shape at all.” Syera retorted to Pinkie’s claim.

“Yeah I’ve eaten plenty of sweets, just fudge really hits me hard.” Pinkie said.

“So... no fudge?” Spike asked the pink pony.

“Oh, no thanks. I had a big breakfast.” Pinkie said finally ending the whole fudge debate.

“Anyway, let’s check up on the race shall we?” Syera remarked as she then looked over and saw how the race was going, leading the pack was still Applejack and Rainbow Dash.

“Looks like AJ and Dashie are still in front, fighting for that number one spot.” Syera said as she crossed her arms smiling.

“Having come fast out of the gate, Applejack and Rainbow Dash are evenly matched running neck and neck.” Pinkie said, but then continued as Applejack was making a play. “But what's this? Applejack is making a move, she's now ahead by a nose. But Rainbow Dash won't let Applejack have it and takes the lead. She's ahead by half a nose. Or maybe three quarters of a nose. No, about sixty-three point seven percent of a nose... roughly speaking.” She said. then Syera looks closer.

“Applejack sees this move and pushes forth with her strong workhorse legs slinking ahead by three hundred and fifty noses!” Pinkie continued.

“Yeah, she did use that leg power indeed, I can’t wait to see how much more she can do, cause the stamina of this pony holds barely any bounds, Rainbow Dash might be just behind or even with her on it.” Syera commented.

“Ho-hold your horses, you two, look! Rainbow Dash is catching up the frontrunner Applejack! Wow, you are right about that stamina build Syera, they may as well be evenly matched or maybe the pegasus pony is outclassing the workhorse!” Spike commented.

“What an upset. I thought Applejack had this in the bag.” Pinkie said in a bit of a sad tone.

“I wouldn’t count her out the race yet you two, she’s still going and… Yowzah! She tripped over a rock! Man that’s gotta be disappointing, and a bit painful!” Syera commented.

“Hang on, I’ll go see if she is ok.” Syera then put her two fingers to her head and appeared behind Applejack. “Hey, AJ, you ok?”

“I’m ok, but I don't believe it.” Applejack said, but before Syera could say her response

“I know, it's beautiful, isn't it?” Twilight, said behind the two.

“Not the scenery, Twilight. Rainbow Dash just tripped me.” Applejack claimed to her unicorn friend.

“Are you sure? Cause from up there where I was commentating, I think you tripped on rock.” Syera said as she pointed to the rock on the ground.

“Syera is right, you did not get tripped by Rainbow Dash, you got tripped by this rock right here, and if you slowed down and looked where you're going, like me, you'd probably see it and avoid it completely.” Twilight explained, which in turn made Applejack rethink her claim, and then nodded.

“Oh, hayseed...you two are right. Now I got a lot of ground to make up to catch Rainbow.” Applejack said as she then got her bearings together and was ready to continue.

It was then Syera smiled as she then put her two fingers to her head. “Just be careful alright AJ, you too Twilight?”

“Will do sis, and yes, please be careful Applejack.” Twilight told her farm pony friend.

“Yup, will do, See ya Syera, and see you at the finish line Twilight!” Applejack said and continued onward. And with that, Twilight continued as well with her slow and steady pace.

Syera then reappeared, behind her dragon and pink pony friends.

“I don't believe it. After a huge setback, Applejack is back at the front of the pack. She's the head of the pack, all right. The pick of the litter! The cat's pajamas! Oh wait, why would Applejack take some poor kitty's PJs? That's not very sporting of her.” Pinkie said after finally finishing the whole… pajama conspiracy theory she had.

“And I am back, I hope I didn’t miss much, it looks like everything is going well in the race. The leaves are coming down and all the little ponies are running very well. I wonder how the outcome will turn out indeed.” Syera commented as she got back.

“Yea, so yes the race is going swell. I wonder how our two rivals are going, looks like Applejack and Rainbow Dash are neck and neck once again.” Spike commented as they were the head of the pack.

“What’s this?! Rainbow Dash tripped on a stump, these two must be so focused on getting the number one spot, that they’re not watching their bearings on their hooves!” Syera added as the two broke apart after Dash’s little tripping accident.

Pinkie then gasped. “I hope she is ok enough to continue the race, Syera you should check up on her make sure she is.” the pink pony suggested and the Saiyan nodded then teleported to the pegasus.

“Guh, I don't believe it, Applejack tripped me.” Rainbow Dash said, Syera appeared behind the blue pegasus, however before she said something, Twilight retorted saying.

“Don't you ponies ever look where you're going?” Twilight told the brash pegasus.

“I was just about to say that, and if you did look where you were going, you’d see you tripped on a stump. See?” Syera said as she pointed to the stump along with Twilight.

“Oh, I see. A big cheater is what I see.” Rainbow Dash said as she refused to believe the saiyan and unicorn’s claim.

“Dammit Rainbow, are you serious? Applejack wouldn’t do such a thing and you know that.” Syera told her, trying to convince her.

“Rainbow please, Applejack would never cheat, she is the most honest pony around and would never do such a thing, It was just an accident.” Twilight told, but Rainbow Dash still didn’t want to believe it.

“Sure it was. I mean, yeah, I'm sure it was.” Rainbow said after getting herself together to run again and catch Applejack.

“Remember, Rainbow, this is just a game.” Twilight told her. But she just chuckled a bit then said

“Yes, but the rules have changed, and two can play at that game.” with that said, Rainbow Dash took off like a bolt of lightning. The two sisters sighed as the pegasus took off.

“Keep a close eye on those two Twilight, because I fear some confrontation might happen.” Syera told and the lavender little pony nodded in agreement.

“Will do, hopefully nothing too bad will happen.” Twilight then trotted away again, viewing the scenery as she got back in the race herself.

Once Syera teleported back to Pinkie and Spike, their commentating got back on track with the race. “Welcome back Syera, everything go ok down there?” Pinkie asked.

“As good as it can I suppose. All I know of is this, Applejack and Rainbow Dash. It’s full on war between those two and it possibly won’t end till the Running of the Leaves is done.” Syera commented.

“The way I look it girls, is that it’s a true fight for the finish, wondering which one is gonna cross the line first has got my scales on edge!” Spike added on after Syera spoke. Pinkie nodded in agreement.

“Oh yea, most definitely and… what there? is that Applejack on top of that hill?” Pinkie pointed out. It was then the saiyan and dragon looked forward and saw it was indeed Applejack, what was she doing up there?

“Applejack, what are you doing up here?” Pinkie asked.

“There aren't even any trees.Applejack” Spike added on.

“Er, no, but the sign's pointed this way…” It was then Applejack paused for a moment before making a serious look, then said. “Rainbow Dash.... Mind giving me a lift?”

“Yeah no problem, use this!” Syera then tossed a rope to Applejack so she could hang on and get back to the race. Once the trio in the balloon got to the center of the action, it was then they dropped off the country mare to catch up with the sneaky pegasus pony.

“Much Obliged ya’ll” Applejack said as she got off the rope. The she proceeded onwards in front of the crowd of ponies and next to Rainbow Dash for the moment.

“What the hay! you told me no flying!” Rainbow Dash complained.

“Ah said no wings, this was different since you pulled that stunt with me and that sign, so all's fair so it ends fair!” Applejack retorted and then sped off ahead of the brash pegasus

“Why you little! Get back here!” Rainbow Dash sprinted after Applejack down the course, it was nearly the end of the race, only one will come in first in the climax of the Running of the Leaves fall event.

“I must say, that this has been the most interesting Running of the Leaves in Equestrian history!” Pinkie commented.

“You can say that again, I’m glad I could see this one with my own eyes” Syera added, crossing her arms as she was behind Spike and Pinkie, looking down at the race below.

“With the most interesting announcing added onto that.” Spike told in a bore-ish tone of voice.

“But it isn't the running that's been fascinating. It's the lack of running!” Pinkie said.

“I wouldn’t say that coming from the rest of the crowd except for those two.” Syera pointed to Rainbow Dash and Applejack, who still were at each other’s throats as they came in the final stretch, bumping and grinding as they came in hot and heavy towards the finish line.

Agreed since once again, Rainbow Dash and Applejack are neck and neck, jockeying for position. Applejack inches ahead, now it's Rainbow, it's Applejack, it's Rainbow Dash, it's Applejack!” Pinkie went back in forth on who is farther ahead, whether it be the Pegasus or Earth Pony.

And it started to get very physical with the bumping and grinding.

“Oh no, she di'int!” Spike and Syera said as Rainbow Dash bumped Applejack hard. But Applejack retorted with her own hard knock.

“Oh yes, she di'id!” Pinkie said back to the two. It was a fight to the very end, the pegasus and earth pony colliding to be number 1. It was then it seemed the jig was up with the “no wings” rule since Rainbow Dash’s rope that held her wings to her body came off, which was then she spread them nice and wide and began to slowly take off, but Applejack retorted to this move by taking her back down to the ground. It started to get very violent as the two collided and fought, kicking up dust and dirt in their path of a battle. Till eventually they crossed the finish line.

“I won!” Rainbow shouted but then Applejack said

“No, I won!” but then Rainbow Dash fought back saying that she won. It continued till Spike shouted out.

“You tied!” the dragon shouted out, Syera was trying to hold back a laugh since they tied in the most uncommon area for a tie to be in.

“Tied?!” The two shouted out.

“For first?” Applejack asked. But then Syera lost it and laughed wholeheartedly before saying.

“You two tied for last!” The saiyan told the two after she regained her composure after laughing.

“Last?!” Applejack and Rainbow were both dumbfounded on how they tied for last place.

“Then who won?” Rainbow Dash begged the question on who won the race, then Twilight came with a gold medal around her neck.

“You?!” Applejack and Rainbow Dash asked in shock when they saw Twilight approach them.

“Oh no, but I did get fifth place, which is rather good considering I've never run a race before.” Twilight said with a smile, which is when Syera dropped down from the Balloon.

“Fifth place!? Way to go, that’s my sister for ya! Woo hoo!” Syera cheered clapping for her sister Twilight.

“Syera… stop, you're flattering me a little too much, it’s embarrassing.” Twilight said as her ears folded back and a small blush came across her face.

“I can’t help it, you did so well. Fifth Place for your first race is amazing! I’m so proud of you.” Syera said as she kneeled down and embraced Twilight with a nice hug.

“What? How's that even possible?” Applejack asked dumbfounded still on how Twilight was able to beat her and Rainbow Dash.

“You ran so slow, and looked at the scenery” Rainbow Dash told, which made Twilight and Syera laugh a little.

“Exactly. I paced myself, Syera told me to do when she trained me the other day. Then at the end, when all the other ponies were worn out, I sprinted to the finish.” Twilight explained after breaking the embrace with Syera.

“And you also followed the number one rule of being in a race, having fun and being careful. Something you two didn’t do during the race since you let your rivalry get the best of you.” Syera said as she was still kneeled down with her left arm resting on her left leg.

“I don't believe it. Twilight beat us.” Rainbow said still in shock.

“Well, with all your horsing around, and rivalry getting to you like Syera said, it was quite easy.” Twilight told the two ponies.

“You're right, Twilight, Syera. Our behavior was just terrible.” Applejack said.

“We weren't very good sports during this whole thing since our stinking egos got in the way…” Rainbow Dash said admitting that she did make a lot of mistakes during the race, same with Applejack.

“Sounds to me that an important friendship lesson.” An angelic voice said from behind the three ponies and Saiyan.

“Wait… that voice, that energy. Can it be?” Syera said as she turned around with a shocked expression to see that it was indeed.

“Princess Celestia!” The four shouted and kneeled before the royal white alicorn mare that approached them. Soon they rose from kneeling and looked at her straight on.

“W-What are you doin' here?” Applejack asked still awestruck from the sudden appearance from the Princess herself.

Fall is one of my favorite seasons, so I came to celebrate the Running of the Leaves.” Princess Celestia told Applejack and Rainbow Dash.

“It's important to remember that the friendship is always more important than the competition.” Twilight told her friendship report to Celestia directly.

“Exactly, Twilight. Now, unfortunately, because the two of you were busy tricking each other instead of shaking down leaves, many of the lovely trees of this part of Equestria are still covered.” Princess Celestia told the farm mare and pegasus pony as they looked toward the land and saw many trees still have their leaved.

“Why, Princess, I bet we can knock those leaves down for you lickety-split. Whaddya say, friend? Wanna go for another run?” Applejack said and then asked Rainbow with a confident smile.

“I'd love to stretch my legs.” Rainbow Dash said as they readied themselves for a good race then took off.

It was then Princess Celestia smiled and turned her attention to Syera.

“Excuse me, Syera?” She asked. The saiyan turned her head with an expression that shows she is giving her full attention to her.

“Yes Princess?” Syera asked as she had her arms crossed and looked the Princess in the eyes.

“How far are you progressing in your training? Do you feel you can be getting better or…?” Celestia asked, the Saiyan put her hands on her sides then thought for a moment.

“Honestly, I think , no rather I know I can do much better. I’ve been honestly trying to get better with my basic form’s strength, cause if I rely on Super Saiyan too much, then I might not get anywhere as quick as I want to, but I have patience that I will achieve a new level eventually.” Syera told the Princess with a Smile.

“Good, I look forward, as well as Princess Luna to hear how far you can go from here on out.” The Princess told the saiyan with a smile then looked over to where Applejack and Rainbow Dash went.

“And one more thing, be sure to keep an eye on those two. Don’t want them to be in another fight between their rivalry.” Princess Celestia told Syera to make sure no serious confrontation would be held between Rainbow Dash and Applejack.

“You got it, in fact.” Syera then took a moment to stretch her legs and arms then breathed in and then breathed out, then smiled again. “I think I might go run with those two, sounds like fun. Well, see you around Princess, and I’m so proud of you Twilight, getting fifth place is most wonderful! See ya soon sis!” With that said, Syera soon caught up with Rainbow Dash and Applejack, leaving Twilight to chat with Celestia.

“Hey girls, mind if I join ya in this run?” Syera asked the two and they both nodded with eager grins.

“Sure thing part’ner” Applejack said.

“Just try and keep up!” Rainbow Dash said as she sprinted off fast laughing. Applejack following suite as the brash pegasus took off like a bat from hell.

“Not a problem! here I come! Ha!” Syera then ran fast through the woods with the Pegasus and Earth Pony, leaves coming down as they made their way down the rows and acres of land and trees. The sun still high in the sky, they ran till the sunset, and even then, it was all still a good time between the three.

In the end sharing a great laugh, and couldn’t wait to see what lies ahead of them till the day of the gala.

PreviousChapters Next