• Published 30th Jan 2016
  • 4,608 Views, 146 Comments

Syera: The Equestrian Saiyan - SolidSparkle117



Syera, one of the last Saiyans sent to Equestria and her Destiny lies ahead with Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Applejack and most importantly Princess Celestia, Princess Luna Shining Armor and Princess Cadence

  • ...
19
 146
 4,608

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 18: Showtime! Syera and Spike Vs The Mischievous Diamond Dogs!

Last Time with Syera: the Equestrian Saiyan!

She and her friends made a trip to Cloudsdale, home of Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, to witness a sight like no other. A Sonic rainboom performed by Rainbow Dash herself during the Best Young Flyer competition.

However, the move was unexpected to save the least since due to Rarity, who was gifted a pair of beautiful butterfly wings entered the competition and caused utter disaster to not only herself but to the wonderbolts who tried to save her in the process. It did turn out good in the end as Syera joined up with Rainbow Dash to help save the plummeting Rarity after she pulled an Icarus and flew too close to the sun as well as the Wonderbolts who tried to save as she knocked them unconcious.

“Come on, Come on! Just a little further!”

Syera was able to grab the Wonderbolts in time as well Rainbow Dash with Rarity, the speed gained from such an endured encounter triggered Rainbow Dash to go beyond the speed of sound and perform a Sonic Rainboom. The crowd went wild with not only cheer but shock at the move itself but enjoyed it’s beauty while it lasted.

“Rainbow Dash! You did it! A Sonic Rainboom, yahoo!!” Syera cheered out as they pulled up with their amazing speed, doing a few loops as they rised back up to Cloudsdale's dive arena.

“Yeah… I did it! Best. Day. Ever!” Dashie replied and Rarity was grateful nonetheless.

“Yes you did… and you saved my life, oh Rainbow Dash, I thank you. You too Syera.” The elegant unicorn was in no doubt thankful to Syera and Rainbow Dash for saving her as well as the Wonderbolts, who woke up soon after they prepared to head home and to also find out from Princess Celestia herself had crowned Rainbow Dash champion of the Best Young Flyer competition.

Next after Rainbow Dash claims her prize and hangs out with the Wonderbolts for the day after coming home. Syera was a little shaken still from her previous night’s dream. Princess Celestia took notice and asked her.

She told her that some sort of voice and figure came through to her claiming to be a mysterious being named “Discord”. Taking this Knowledge into account, Princess Celestia thought for a moment before telling the Saiyan that for now there is nothing to worry about, just for the time being and when they get to cross the bridge with this “Discord”, she told her to keep close eye on her Sister as well continue to work hard on her training.

In the back of the Saiyan’s mind after bidding farewell to the Princess, she wondered if this “Discord” could be a new threat and potentially strong enemy. This terrified yet excited her to no end. But when will this possible formidable foe appear, and what lies ahead of the Saiyan and her friends?

Find out, Now!

Cue Intro Music~ Showtime! Syera and Spike Vs The Mischievous Diamond Dogs!

“Rahh!” Syera kicked a dead tree in half before jumping up in the air and using her knee to break right through it, causing it to shatter to nothing but bits and pieces.

“Haha! Not bad, but I could do better. I just can't wait to find out who Discord is, I hope he’s strong!” Syera said smiling but then frowned.

“I just hope he does dress me in some sort of sexy bunny suit again, cause that. was. just. embarrassing. Good thing I left those details out from the Princess.” She remembered that much from the dream with the freak of nature, which is one of the reasons she can’t wait to kick his tail feathers.

“Huh? Oh man… another tear on my Gi again? Dammit… Looks like I have to visit Rarity for a little patchwork.” Syera looked down to her left to where her shoulder meets her chest, she saw a pretty nasty rip in her orange undershirt as well as her dark blue over top of her Gi. This time around it might cost her a little more since it was not the first time her clothes were nearly destroyed.

She lost count after 7 from when her Gi was utterly torn to pieces which shocked Rarity to no end when she walked inside the boutique, dirty as well as her Gi torn to shreds as she walked in asking if she could have a bit of patchwork done on her Gi. Only to be forced upstairs of her home to shower while she not only fixed it, but wash it as well. Luckily fixing it was easy since the magic materials were able to replace with about any fabric and meld into shape of Syera’s body figure. And it also had given Rarity time to get the saiyan’s measurements easily for her Grand Galloping Gala dress.

The Gala was just barely a month and a half away, plus Pinkie Pie’s birthday was coming up right before it by a week and half. There is a lot of planning to be done for it but only so much can be done at once during the day since Pinkie might get suspicious of what they’re doing. But for now, they still have time to make it perfect.

“Hehe… I wonder what’s Rarity is up to, maybe perfecting a dress design as usual.” Syera was talking to herself as she made her way back to Ponyville from her training sight, humming a small toon in her stride.

“Excuse me?” A voice called behind Syera. The Saiyan turned around and was shocked to no end of who the pony in front of her is.

“Dahhhhh!?!?! You’re… You’re…” Syera was on her butt now pointing at the pony she had least to expect.

“That’s right, The one and only sensational! Ow! Sapphire Shores honey, now I overheard you talking about Rarity, I’ve seen and heard snip-its of her work on the fashion designer news headlines and she is said to be at the top of upcoming designers in Equestria. And I ask please, would you mind showing me to her place of work/operation here in Ponyville?” The one and only Sapphire Shores and her sensational appearance to the Saiyan before her was none the least unexpected as to what She was expected to happen today.

Syera then shook her head to clear her mind and take in the Popstar Pony’s request. “Uh yeah, right this Miss Sapphire Shores ma’am, I was just heading there myself, Hehehe-” Syera was just trying to keep calm and not make a fool of herself as she tries not to fangirl in front of one of her favorite Pop-stars ever. Her music is like no other but to meet her personally is definitely going in her book of once in a lifetime events to happen.

“So do tell me about yourself my dear, How do you know Rarity?” Sapphire asked the Saiyan who tried to keep her cool.

“Oh… excuse me, Allow me to introduce myself since you did so first. My name is Syera, and I’m a Saiyan. I wasn’t born here but I love to call this place home and I’d do anything to protect it. And to how I know Rarity, it's a long story so I’ll spare you the details but let’s just say coming here to Ponyville for the Summer Sun Celebration turned out to be a little bit of a Crisis due to Nightmare Moon’s return, but I as well my sister and a few others, including Rarity were able to stop her. It wasn’t easy… But us defeating her made us all figure out who we are and how much we matter to Equestria.” Syera told this tale with truth and honesty in her words. Sapphire Shores was utterly surprised by these words.

“I see, so ya’ll were the group I heard so much about when I was touring a couple months back” Sapphire recalled as she remembered hearing the news about this.

“Yeah, anyway, as I’d like to tell you more. I think we’ve arrived.” Syera said as she looked up to see Carousel Boutique. The place of where Rarity works and lives. With them arriving at their destination. Syera was first to enter, opening the front door and hearing the jingle.

“Coming!” Rarity said as they entered. “Welcome to Carousel Boutique, where every garment is chic, unique, and magnifique. Oh Syera, great to see you darling and-” Rarity paused with a long drawn out gasp as she saw not only her friend but one of her most starred idols, and then spoke once more. “Sapphire Shores! The pony of pop!”

“I know Rarity, I was on my way here and she asked me for directions on how to get here! To your Boutique! I couldn't believe it was her of all the ponies!” Syera said as both of them shared a heartfelt girly scream of amazement and cheer.

“Good afternoon, Miss Rarity!” Sapphire said after Rarity and Syera had a moment.

“You yah... Y-y-you know my name?” Rarity said in complete shock and utter surprise.

“Well, of course I do, darling. I make it a point to know all of the up-and-coming designers and Clothes Horse magazine simply raved about you. Plus from what your friend here has told me, you are absolutely divine in your work. And a good friend indeed so I had no other choice but to come here to see what you can do for me.” Sapphire Shores browsed the dresses on the nearby rack to see what was in store on Rarity’s floor.

“Oh my stars. If I'm dreaming, don't wake me up. How may I help you, Miss Shores?” Rarity asked the Popstar.

“Please, call me Sapphire.” Sapphire Shores told Rarity with a smile as she continued to look. This caused Rarity to have a small giggle while smiling at Syera who was also jittery as well.

“How may I help you, Sapphire?” Rarity asked, still giggling a little.

“Well, as I'm sure you know, I'll be touring all of Equestria with my latest concert, Sapphire Shores' Ziegfilly Follies, so I need to look seeensational! Ow!” Sapphire seemed to end that sentence with such a high note that it was nearly on beat with how she sounds in her new album. Luckily for the popstar’s request, Rarity had something in mind as she stepped near a curtain, which was covering something, must’ve been a new project she was working on.

“I have just what you need. Sapphire Shores, prepare yourself for the pièce de résistance de la haute couture. I used every last diamond I found on this one garment.” As Rarity explained the aspects of this shiny gem infused dress, Sapphire’s eyes widened and lit up like a Hearth’s Warming Tree full of presents.

“And it is spectacular! I'll take it.” Sapphire was definitely satisfied with her choice, though the way it radiated. Syera kinda had to look away and shield her eyes.

“Really?” Rarity asked with a smile and satisfaction.

“Oh yes, and five more, each done up in a different jewel.” Sapphire’s request hit Rarity like a hurricane and tornado combined with such force. The elegant unicorn shook her head and asked.

“Beg your pardon?” Rarity asked. Also Syera seemed shocked at such an order.

“Costume changes honey, I can’t dress in just one outfit as I perform now can I?” Sapphire explained with a chuckle as she then proceeded to exit the Carousel Boutique. Leaving Rarity in utter chaotic ruin and faints in the process, since she’d get to work only if she had more gemstones, which she is fresh out of in her treasure trunk she has.

“Gah?! Rarity! Oh no!” Syera rushed to her unicorn friend’s side and saw how the rush of such an order hit her.

“Yes, I do have that effect on ponies.” Sapphire said chuckling. “Oh and Syera dear, do tell Rarity that she has in the total time of next week from today to complete them.”

Syera was even shocked at this. “Next week from today!? That’s all!?” the saiyan was also in shock with a bewildered look on her face then shook it off. “Alright, I will tell her once she comes too alright and don’t worry about Rarity doing this one alone because I will help her” Syera had given Sapphire Shores a thumbs up and smiled.

“I can’t wait dear, and I believe in Rarity’s skills and your good word. I know she won’t disappoint. And with that, Sapphire Shores Out!” Sapphire Shores then made her departure from Carousel Boutique and back to touring the rest of Ponyville.

“Oh man… hehe. Well I suppose I’ll have to wait for that patch on my Gi and get to work on helping her find those Gemstones. Hmm I know, I bet Spike would love to help Rarity find gems along with us! Plus he would love a couple of gems on the side to snack on and make some dishes he loves.” Syera chuckled at this idea and smiled and then looked at Rarity, picking her up and placing her on fainting sofa.

“Alright Rarity, rest up while I go get Spike alright. See you soon!” Syera said as then put two fingers up to her head and concentrated, but before she teleported away. She felt a hoof touch her left hand. She looked at Rarity and saw a faint smile from the Elegant unicorn.

“Thank you Syera, thank you for offering your generosity to me. I seriously owe you big time since this is the second time you saved me.” Rarity said smiling. “Now, go get Spike and might wanna change, cause the work you two will be doing with be… to say the least… dirty.” Rarity told and explained as she laid down on her sofa in relief with a hoof on her forehead.

“Will do Rarity, I’ll be back, and with our favorite Dragon friend. Hmm…” Syera said as she smiled at her unicorn friend and then soon concentrated again then used Instant Transmission to get to the library to tell Spike about the news of Rarity and her jewel hunting job. Spike lit up at the job, not only for the jewels but as well as spending time with Rarity.

“Are you kidding, that sounds so fantastic!” Spike said with joy. “Oh so fantastic~” He said again only with such mellow in his voice and satisfaction. Syera chuckled at this.

“Yeah, ok so I’m gonna go upstairs and change for the occasion so head over to Rarity’s and I’ll meet you both there.” Syera said smiling as Spike nodded and they fist bumped and headed their separate routes.

Soon later they got together, Syera was no longer in her Gi, she was in a white t-shirt, orange heavy duty pants, only one of the legs of the pants were cut off so one of her legs were exposed. She also had fingerless gloves and shoulder pads that matched her pants and were strapped onto the belt loops of them. Her boots were made of leather and steel. Custom made for working outside or inside. So it was safe to say she was ready for some Gem hunting.

Though it also seemed like Spike was ready as well, while he and Syera had to wheel a bucket each for carrying the shiny jewels Rarity found while they were hunting and digging for em.

While Syera used a shovel, Spike used his claws to dig for em. Though Spike was still stoked on how one of the most famous ponies in the music industry asked Rarity of all ponies to make her a few dresses.

“Oh my gosh! Sapphire Shores! The pony of pop! She is awesome! I mean, she's gorgeous and talented and…” Spike paused as he felt he was getting a little too far ahead of himself.

“heh... and not even half the pony you are. I mean, you're ten times more gorgeous and talented and-” Spike paused once more as Rarity looked at him.

“Spike, a lady is never jealous.” Rarity claimed which made Syera chuckle a bit.

“Heh, yeah. A “Lady” perhaps Rarity but you know the saying. “girls will be girls” and “ladies will be ladies.” Jealousy is a big issue when it comes to the two.” Syera crossed her arms after digging up a few gems Rarity marked on the ground.

“Ok, you got me there Syera darling, but still. A girl can get jealous easily, a Lady however has serious walls of elegance and it will take a lot to be jealous of another.” Rarity told the Saiyan in question to how there are differences between a girl and a lady. Though Syera shrugged it off and continued digging for the gems marked on the ground.

“But were you totally flipping out over meeting Sapphire Shores or what, right?! Cause wow, I wish I could of seen her myself.” Spike said with a happy yet sort of discouraged demeanor that he couldn’t meet the pony of pop.

“Ladies do not "flip out", Spike. However, Syera and I were quite in awe. Oh, I need to find more jewels than ever before to decorate her costumes And I’m so glad you and Spike can help me with this endeavor.” Before Rarity could say anymore, her horn lit up with a more intensified aura. “Oh, aha!”

Syera and Spike too notice of this. “Hmm? Rarity, you got something?” the Saiyan asked.

“Yeah, Did you find some more?” Spike asked as well.

“Yes, you two! Right there!” Rarity marked the dirt in front of them in multiple spots and they got the digging. And oh boy did they strike big with diamonds and jewels of all sorts.

“Ooooo! They look so delicious…” Spike said as he looked at a few of them while licking his lips with eagerness to eat them.

“Beautiful yes, but I don’t think they’re good enough to eat, at least for me Spike.” Syera said as she looked at a big one in her hands as she used a magnifying glass to look at how many carats there are.

“Spike! I promised I'd give you gems to snack on, but we need to collect more first or I'll never be able to make these outfits for Sapphire. And Syera, how many carats are in that diamond?” Rarity asked as she saw the saiyan examining it.

“I count about 14, still a keeper indeed.” Syera told as she put in the cart with the rest of them.

“Hm... I will miss you, my sweets.” Spike murmured as he patted and rubbed the jewels in the cart he had.

“Come along, you two. We still have many jewels to find before the day’s end.” Rarity told the two of them.

“You got it Rarity” Syera saluted with a smile and pulled the cart alongside Spike and his cart.

“At your service, milady.” Spike said smiling along with Syera as they continued their search for jewels and more. Find diamond after diamond, their inventory was rising two-fold and even triple-fold.

Though little to their knowledge they were being stalked by creatures who appeared to have interest in jewels as well. Syera had the feeling in her gut and in the back of her mind of this but shrugged it off since she as well as Spike had plenty of digging to.

“Syera? Is everything ok?” Rarity asked a little worried since her friend’s expression showed a little bit of worry.

“Hmm? Oh, it’s nothing, I’m just getting this weird feeling that were being watched by something, I just can’t tell from where though… and it’s making me on edge, anyway, got anything?” Syera had told Rarity the news on what she is feeling, but soon got off that and focused on their primary objective.

After an hour or so had passed and Noon was nearing on the horizon. Spike was getting more and more anxious to eat some gems. Rarity took notice and finally decided to give him what he wants and rightfully deserves to working hard.

“You've been very patient today, Spike. And for that you get the finest reward. This is from me to you.” Rarity told him as she pulled out the best kind of Diamond shaped Sapphire, measuring at about 19 carats from what Syera had told. Spike’s eyes lit up about it but then she looked at Rarity and felt a little bad since he felt so touched by this gift. Rarity took notice and wondered if something is off.

“Is something wrong, Spike?” She asked.

Spike shook his head no and said “No. It's perfect.” however before Rarity could say more, Rarity’s horn lit up again, showing more gems are in the area of their operation.

“Ooo, bring the carts, you two. There are more over here.” Rarity told as her horn lit up more with more intensity.

“You heard her Spike, let’s roll.” Syera said as she had the cart in one hand and the shovel in another.

“For me. From Rarity.” Spike said to himself as he looked at the gem Rarity gave him and kissed it for good luck and put it away.

Syera saw this and smiled as she rolling her eyes and pressed onward.

As the minutes passed and their hunt for gemstones greatly increasing, their hunt was soon about to come to a halt since Syera’s stomach was growling big time. “Ooof…. Rarity, can we please take a lunch break? I’m really starving…” the Saiyan pleaded to her unicorn friend.

“Oh alright, I guess we should take a lunch, and you know what? I think these amount of gems should get me through making the outfits for Sapphire Shores, ok let’s go~ Oh! What's this?” Rarity asked as her horn lit up brighter than before.

“You got something big?” Syera asked.

“Yes indeed another jewel. Oh.. hmm, strange. It's in the trees.” Rarity said as she came close to one of the trees, so did Spike and Syera who all started to see a diamond shape made of gold sparkle in the tree. However Syera stopped in her tracks as she suddenly felt a couple of strange energies start to surround them.

“Wait! Rarity, get away from the tree!” Syera shouted as she put her hand forward towards her friend.

“Huh whatever do you me~ ewww!” Right as Rarity looked again at the tree, she saw what looked to be some sort of Canine creature in front of her stand upright, and gave a menacing low growl. “Uh... uh... Good day, gentle... uh, fellow. Uh, I am Rarity and this is my friend Spike, as well as my other friend Syera.” Rarity told the dog creature before her.

“Ehe…” Spike waved cautiously while Syera gave a serious glare to this creature, she could also sense the ones creeping behind and was ready to strike once they got close.

“And you are…?” Rarity asked.

“Trouble is what they are…” Syera said as she began to slowly power up. A faint mystic glow formed around her.

“A Diamond Dog actually~” this creature told.

“Oh really? Oh well, that explains your fine taste in jewelry. I mean I-I-I know that diamonds are a girl's best friend and now I know that they're a dog's best friend too, ha ha ha. So, um, erhem~ you're out hunting for gems as well?” Rarity asked still conversaying with this “Diamond Dog” guy.

“Yes. We hunt.” It said while looking specifically at Rarity, which made the Unicorn question the motives of this Diamond Dog.

“Uh... we?” She asked.

“We hunt for gems. But you are a better hunter. So now we hunt... for you!” And with that said, a bunch at once sprung out from the bushes and trees nearby.

“I thought so…” Two of them lunged at Syera, she grabbed them by the paws and spun them around a few times before tossing them back against the tree ahead of them.

“Spike! Rarity! Behind me now!” Taking warning, Rarity and Spike did what Syera ordered at the moment. Rarity created a magic bubble around her and Spike and shouted.

“Teach them a lesson Syera!” Rarity said with anger and a bit of a frightened tone.

“With pleasure.” Syera was approached slowly by three of the dogs who circled her slowly.

“Come now, monkey girl, we only want the pony you are protecting from us~ do that and we will let you live…” One of them hissed lightly at Syera, her saiyan tail flicking at this threat.

“Hmph… like I’d let you take my friend for your own greedy conscience. If you think I'll back down from a scuffle like this, you’re sadly mistaken.” Syera said as she widened her stance. then powered up a bit before shouting, making the diamond dogs shriek and fly away a bit of a distance. But they didn’t back down so easily and charged the Saiyan full force. She elbowed one in the jaw, then another with an overhang kick and the third one with a curb stomp as she jumped upward.

“And that’s three down, I can do this all day you mutts, come on~” Syera said but she then heard a shriek from behind her and saw Rarity was being tackled down and grabbed by two other dogs who slipped behind her.

“Rarity! No!” Syera said as she rushed towards them but she was cut off by more dogs.

“You’ve gotta be kidding me~ Get out of my way!” Syera bum rushed her way through except for a very big one which caught her off guard and force her back far and made her drag her feet and hands across the ground.

“Damn it… Rarity!” Syera screamed out.

“Unhand me this instant, you ruffians. Stop! Put me down, you thugs! You brutes!” Rarity struggled to get out their grasp but to no avail. Spike was handling a few on his own too, but wasn’t fairing too well with them.

“Rarity!” Spike called out in a worried and plead for the Diamond dogs not to take her.

“Gotcha!” Spike said to one of the bigger dogs, which Syera took the chance while the big one was distracted and rushed it with speed and smoothness.

“Ha!!!” Syera vertical kicked into it’s jaw and did a somersault with her other leg, basically doing a double falcon kick.

“Alright! Good one Spike~” Syera said as they high fived and laughed.

“Waah! Syera, Spike please help me!” Rarity called out. Syera and Spike ran over but were cut off again by more.

“Haha! Nope!” One of them said.

“Sorry, scaly one and monkey girl~!” They tackled the two down who struggled to get them off.

“Damn it~ get off us now!” Syera shouted as her power out bursted force the dog pile on her and her Dragon friend to come off. However they were too late as Rarity was dragged to her doom.

“Syera! Spike! Ah, dirt! Aaaaah, Spiiiike! Syeeeera!!! Save me!!!” Rarity shrieked as she was dragged down a hole underground.

“Nooooooooooo!” Spike screamed loudly.

“Spike! Get ahold of yourself and focus!” Syera said as she shook the little dragon to get his attention.

“Alright, look I’m going after them but I can’t do it alone. Get the others for their help while I go after them and Rarity, now hurry! We don’t have much time!” Syera said as she got on her feet and went down the huge hole they made while taking Rarity down while Spike headed back to Ponyville to get some backup.

Once Syera got to the bottom of the hole, she crashed down through what looked like a cave ceiling and landed in her hands and feet. She looked around and saw various caverns and tunnels that could lead almost anywhere.

“Wow… look at this place, to think all of this was right below us, this place must be hollowed for miles. Oh man and if the Diamond Dogs are down here… what else could be living in these caverns?” Syera asked as she felt so small and disoriented as she looked through the many pathways ahead of her, filled with Stalactites and other funky cave formations, each different from the rest.

However she knew one of them would lead to Rarity. She concentrated for a moment, closing her eyes and feeling the cave and its pathways, trying to track Rarity’s energy signature.

Syera found the path she should take, as almost it was highlighted before her.

“This way… I hope.” Syera then ran ahead, but ready to fight if there was an ambush of more Diamond Dogs. And her gut instinct was right since she ran into a couple of them just up ahead. They seemed to be plugging up… holes above? But when Syera heard voices above on the surface, they sounded like her friends, as well as Spike and Twilight.

“Alright, Spike got them but they need a way down here. Hey! You stupid mutts! how about trying me on for size!” the Saiyan said as she gave them a funny face as well as flipping her Middle fingers at them, this caused them to growl and charge her.

“Hehe~ good, come to mommy~” Syera said as she then dodged their attacks and countered each of them. One with a punch, one with a kick, though eventually she took one by the arm, swung them around the crowd of incoming dogs, knocking them back and then throwing the said dog in her gasp into a group of three more.

“Heh~ smarts don’t it?” Syera said smiling, which made these dogs turn tail and run.

“Yeah you better run if you know what’s good for ya!” Syera said laughing. Though all of a sudden she saw a line with a gem on it.

“Huh? what is… ? Oh, is this the gem Rarity gave Spike? What is it doing here?” Syera grabbed it, but she felt some pull on it and it was strong.

“Huh!? Nrg~ ok… whoever is doing this~ you’re in for a rude awakening! Hehe~ ha!” Syera gave it a lot of force and strength as she pulled the gem off the line and had it in her hands. She then felt a stick hit her head. "Oww! Wait, what the~ Uh Oh..." At that moment when she looked upward where the gem and stick came from, she saw a bunch of familiar faces come plummeting down to her screaming, except for one.

“Gahh!!” Rainbow Dash, Spike, Twilight, Fluttershy and Applejack shrieked as they fell down the hole except for Pinkie who was excited as ever.

“Whee! Ha, ha, ha!” Is all that came from her before they all toppled on top of the poor Saiyan below them. Once the dust settled to the ground, Syera slowly got up on her feet and coughed a little.

“Ahh… Hmm? hey girls.” Syera said as she noticed Twilight and the others made it along with Spike.

“Syera! Glad we could make it to the action, and wait… whoa? What happened to them?” Twilight asked as she saw a pile of dogs in a corner of the cavern they were in, groaning in pain as they laid there covered in dirt and dust.

Rainbow Dash laughed as she saw this. “I bet Syera showed these dogs who’s boss. And by the looks of it, you really cleaned house.” R-D laughed wholeheartedly once more as she and the others got their barings.

“Yeah, and glad you girls could all make it to help save Rarity. Though sadly, I totally lost track of Rarity’s energy signature when you guys fell on top of me.” Syera said rubbing her head a little still feeling a bit of an ache in her head, it wasn't an easy one for her to shake off.

“Wait, that was you who tugged at that bonafide jewel Spike got from Rarity?” Applejack asked the Saiyan in question, only a small giggle came from Syera.

“Ehehe... yeah… sorry for dragging you down, I thought it was some sort of joke being played on me by one of those mutts running about down here.” Syera explained.

“It’s ok Syera, since you gave us an express ride down here! And it was fun jumping through a fox hole, we should do it again some time!” Pinkie said jumping up and down a few times excited to experience such a thrill once more.

“Yeah, some other time… but now, where do start our search now? I can’t really focus too much right now since my head is pounding… ugh…” Syera said rubbing her crown still.

“Guess we're gonna have to start goin’ down each tunnel one by one.” Applejack suggested, but it was easier said than done since each tunnel spanned for who knows how long.

“ Yeah we could, but... That’ll take forever Applejack!” Rainbow Dash said as she got a good look at each pathway forward.

“She’s right… But there's gotta be way to narrow it down. Agh!” Syera gasped in slight anguish as her head felt a sudden shockwave of pain. Luckily, Spike had an idea.

“I know! I bet they've taken Rarity down the tunnel with the most gems.” Spike told which made Syera think as well.

“Yes Spike, you’re a genius!” Syera said smiling but winced again in pain holding her head with both hands. “Oww…”

“But Spike, Rarity is the only one who knows how to find gems.” Twilight told.

“Not true Twilight. You can! You can copy Rarity's gem-finding spell.” Spike explained which made the lavender unicorn remember.

“Oh my gosh! You're right! Rarity showed me how she did it a while back. If I can just remember…” Twilight then focused her magic, then made it illuminate with similar properties to how Rarity usually does when looking for gems.

“It’s working!” Syera said and put her fist up with joy and happiness.

“Come on, let’s go everypony!” Twilight said as Spike was on her back, she and Syera lead the pack of friends on their way to find and save their friend.

“To Rarity!” Syera shouted.

“To Rarity!” The rest shouted with smiled as they made their way down the jewel lit caverns one by one, till they eventually made it to what look an entrance.

An old rusty grate door at that, it looked to have been there for awhile and never really taken care of.

“We must be here.” Twilight said, and as if right in cue, they could hear what sounded like distant crying, but it sounded more like over exaggerated whining.

“She must be in there. Let's go!” Rainbow Dash told, as they approached the old rusty door. However it was what also lead them into an Ambush of more diamond dogs. They each grabbed hold of each pony, however there were three on top of Syera.

“More workhorses.” One of them said.

“And work monkey too!” another said, which caused Syera to twitch a little in anger then growl.

“Hoh, doggies. If you can take this bull by the horns, you better be ready for a ride. Come on, girls! Kick 'em up, kick 'em out. Buck 'em up, buck 'em down.” Applejack said as she started to buck harder than ever before like she kicking apple tree after apple tree. “Yeehaw! Get along, little doggies!”

Which is what each of them did, one at a time in perfect sequence.

“This. is. seriously. not. cool! Rahhhhh!!!” Syera then pushed outward, exhuming a lot of pent up energy to the point of her going Super Saiyan and illuminating many of the cave systems as she transformed. Fueled by how her head hurts as well as her hunger, she was full on Angry. The diamond dogs on her flew away and ran towards the old rusty door, opened it and shut it hard behind them.

“Whoa! Uh guys, I think Syera has gone berserk!” Spike said as then Syera focused her attention towards the rusty door the dogs went through and charged it fist first right through with incredible speed and strength, breaking it down and it hitting any dog in the way.

“Woo hoo! Get em’ Syera, alright!” Rainbow Dash said with excitement to see what will happen next.

“Come on girls! Let’s follow behind her.” Twilight told the rest of them, and they did just that and followed the rampaging Saiyan till eventually Syera had stopped, panting a little as her aura ceased but her hair still the golden blonde with her eyes bright sea blue. However the Super Saiyan was utterly confused on what was going on, since three of the Diamond dogs from earlier were scurrying around like they were afraid of something else besides her.

“Save us! Please, save us! Make it stop! Please!” One of the dogs pleaded.

“Excuse me?” Twilight and Syera asked both as the three dogs were at their hooves and feet pleading.

“So picky.” The first one said.

“And critical.” The second one spoke next.

“She won't stop talking.” The first dog spoke again.

“And crying.” The second one spoke next once more.

“We, uh, give her back. Yes.” the third one finished for them, as Rarity then walked from behind them as they stepped out of her way.

“Rarity! You're safe!” Spike said as he ran up to hug the unicorn, as she had a cart full of gems strapped to her.

“Why, yes. Hello, girls. You arrived just in time to assist me.” Rarity told with a smile and confused her friends.

“Assist you with what?” Applejack asked?

“With those.” Rarity said as made them turn attention to the gem carts that were stockpiled with so many different jewels.

“You're letting her leave with all these... jewels?” Spike said almost nearly drooling at the sight of them all.

“Yes. Take them. And her with them.” The second one spoke of the group.

“Please!” The first one pleaded as they shivered in the corner. And with that said and done as the group of friends looked at each other and smiled. They each got a cart of gems strapped their bodies and then wheeled them out of the caves.

Syera however was able to wheel three carts at once, but before she did, then looked at the three dogs still in the corner.

“Hey, you three, step forward.” the Saiyan told as they then scurried over to her and sat like good dogs.

“Yes oh great friend of the Mistress Rarity?” One of them asked.

“First off, what are your names so I can thank you for this loot.” Syera asked the three.

“I’m Fido!” The smaller dog told.

“I’m Spot!” The bigger one told.

“And I’m Rover!” The one in the middle told.

“Fido, Spot, Rover, I’m glad to make your acquaintance, now before I go. I’d like to ask you a favor. You help out with Rarity when she needs Gems and we’ll help you and your organization in any way we can so, in the future we could become sort of like… partners in business.” Syera proposed to the three dogs before her.

“Yes!” Fido said as the three of them shook her hand.

“We will be glad to help Mistress Rarity anyway we can!” Spot told.

“Just so as long as we don’t make her upset and she doesn’t whine so much! Please-” Rover pleaded.

“I can’t promise that if you do a bad job Rover, now I’m sure if you’re all good boys, you won’t have to worry.” Syera smiled, and with that they all nodded and whined to her cutely. “Good, now I will relay this message to Rarity, that you will help her if she comes to you. But if you double cross her, her whining and complaining isn’t the only thing you’ll have to worry about.” Syera warned them as she flared up her golden aura. And with that said they nodded and ran off to who knows where in the cave system. the Saiyan chuckled and soon wheeled the three carts of gems outside the caves and met up with the rest of the ponies and dragon.

“I can't believe you found all these gems!” Pinkie Pie said as she looked at all the fine jewel stones.

“Heh. I can't believe you tricked all those dogs.” Rainbow Dash said with a bit of a chuckle.

“Just because I'm a lady doesn't mean I cannot handle myself in a sticky situation. I had them wrapped around my hoof the entire time.” Rarity said smiling elegantly like always and saw Syera approach them with the rest.

“Oh Syera, there you are darling. Where were you?” Rarity asked as the Saiyan was next to her pulling three big gems.

“Oh no where special, just giving those dogs a warning, plus a little proposal to help them help you whenever you are in need of gem collecting” Syera explained.

“Oh that sounds quite wonderful darling! I just hope those poor doggos keep their word.” Rarity said with a bit of a worried look.

“Oh don’t worry, they will and I told them your ways of being around them won’t be the only thing coming their way.” Syera explained as the group shared a hearty laugh together.

“I can't wait to write to Princess Celestia to tell her what you taught me today.” Twilight said as she looked at Rarity.

“Me? What did I teach you?” Rarity asked a little surprised and bewildered at this claim from Twilight.

“Just because somepony is ladylike doesn't make her weak. In fact, by using her wits, a seemingly defenseless pony can be the one who outsmarts and outshines them all.” Twilight explained to Rarity.

“Hm... "Outshines" is right. Now you have enough gems to cover Sapphire Shores' costumes.” Spike said as he was munching on a couple of gems in one of the carts.

“Not if you eat them all, Spike.” Rarity explained.

“Speaking of eating, I’m starving!” Syera said reminding Rarity that they were gonna take a lunch break after they were done collecting gems for the day, however they not need to look any further due to the big haul they got from those diamond dogs.

“Oh don’t worry Syera, once we get back to my botique and unload these gems to my treasure chests, I will treat you all to a very great banquets of all sorts of food for celebration.” Rarity told with a wink to Syera promising her that it was a promise.

“Are you kidding!? Wow that sounds fantastic!” Syera said with a hearty laugh as well as the other ponies in the group, Spike too as he held back on munching on anymore gems.

As the group of friends neared Ponyville with the day just nearing its end, Syera looked to the horizon to wonder what is next on the list of their adventures in Equestria. And with the Gala on the way, what will happen before then.

Find out, next time!

PreviousChapters Next